WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > What Are The Most Outrageous Lies Told In Shoot Videos?

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:    1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
What Are The Most Outrageous Lies Told In Shoot Videos?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Jan 11th, 2011 04:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
tamalie
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Mon Oct 22nd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4464
Status: 
Offline
Lots of wrestlers don't actually shoot during their shoot interviews. They just try new works. I won't knock a guy for saying something happened in 1975 when it really happened in 1973. But some guys claim things without any basis in reality.

What are some of the more outrageous lies told in shoot interviews? Let's get specific.

Last edited on Tue Jan 11th, 2011 04:21 am by tamalie

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Jan 11th, 2011 04:24 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49743
Status: 
Offline
Let me watch the Abdullah the Butcher shoot again and I'll give you 4 hours worth of lies.  But where the lies end and the delusions begin is a fine line with any of these guys.

One of the most obvious is HBK telling the RF guys that he had no idea about the Montreal Screwjob a few years before admitting that he knew.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Jan 11th, 2011 04:33 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6907
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: Let me watch the Abdullah the Butcher shoot again and I'll give you 4 hours worth of lies.  But where the lies end and the delusions begin is a fine line with any of these guys.

One of the most obvious is HBK telling the RF guys that he had no idea about the Montreal Screwjob a few years before admitting that he knew.

That was before he found Jesus.  Now it's all good.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Jan 11th, 2011 04:50 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Bix



Joined: Tue Nov 20th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1607
Status: 
Offline
John Nord's "muffler" story (Which is still funny even knowing it's made up): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlwn_75NW_k

From another forum:

Black Bart's shoot is awesome for sheer BS level:

He claims Dusty Rhodes came up with the Undertaker gimmick, and that Black Bart was supposed to play that character.

He also claims he's the biggest locker room legend in today's WWE (for his antics back in the day)

Piper had a warrant for his arrest, so Bart pulled a car up to the ring w/ Piper in the trunk, popped it, Piper wrestled, and then hopped back in the trunk and they took off.

Oh God, Black Bart actually just claimed he was offered 180 grand to star in a Fox Network sitcom based on his, Dutch and Moondog Rex "Desperodos" gimmick. Flair told The TBS execs "We can't have these jabronis star in a show" So WCW released them and the Sitcom was canceled.

Ronnie Garvin would get sexually excited when you worked "stiff" with him.

He actually called himself vs Sam Houston a "Main event" match. Of course the place was sold out, and of course they had such a great match, the other 4 "Main Events" of the evening couldn't compare.

Vince McMahon wanted to bring him in and work the upper midcard and offered him a "job for life", Bart declined, so when he went to WWF a year or 2 later, Vince made him a jobber out of spite.

A week after Mike Von Erich got out of the hospital, Bart carried him in a match for 45 minutes, then asked the ref "Is this the boy who just got out of the hospital?" After the ref said yes, Bart said "Oh **** " and took Mike down and pinned him.

When David Von Erich died he laid in his hotel room for 2 weeks with the A/C shut off and stayed there til Fritz came to Japan 2 weeks later and snagged the body.

He claimed to have threatened Jose Gonzalez (Brody's killer) with a knife shortly after Brody's death.

Bart said in 1991 the ring crew was all 18 or 19 year old ***** men, and Vince had a tour bus for them, and would spend an odd amount of time on the bus with the gays.

He also says Lanny Poffo was gay, and came on to him. Vince found out Bart told Lanny off, and Bart was released shortly there after...

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Jan 11th, 2011 05:39 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
whatever



Joined: Wed May 21st, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 983
Status: 
Offline
Hulk Hogan body slammed 973 lb Andre in front of Eleventy Three Million people in Detroit.

/thread over

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Jan 11th, 2011 05:59 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
tofu_chipmunk



Joined: Wed Aug 5th, 2009
Location: Suburban Fatlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 6706
Status: 
Offline
Bix wrote: John Nord's "muffler" story (Which is still funny even knowing it's made up): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlwn_75NW_k

From another forum:

Black Bart's shoot is awesome for sheer BS level:

He claims Dusty Rhodes came up with the Undertaker gimmick, and that Black Bart was supposed to play that character.

He also claims he's the biggest locker room legend in today's WWE (for his antics back in the day)

Piper had a warrant for his arrest, so Bart pulled a car up to the ring w/ Piper in the trunk, popped it, Piper wrestled, and then hopped back in the trunk and they took off.

Oh God, Black Bart actually just claimed he was offered 180 grand to star in a Fox Network sitcom based on his, Dutch and Moondog Rex "Desperodos" gimmick. Flair told The TBS execs "We can't have these jabronis star in a show" So WCW released them and the Sitcom was canceled.

Ronnie Garvin would get sexually excited when you worked "stiff" with him.

He actually called himself vs Sam Houston a "Main event" match. Of course the place was sold out, and of course they had such a great match, the other 4 "Main Events" of the evening couldn't compare.

Vince McMahon wanted to bring him in and work the upper midcard and offered him a "job for life", Bart declined, so when he went to WWF a year or 2 later, Vince made him a jobber out of spite.

A week after Mike Von Erich got out of the hospital, Bart carried him in a match for 45 minutes, then asked the ref "Is this the boy who just got out of the hospital?" After the ref said yes, Bart said "Oh **** " and took Mike down and pinned him.

When David Von Erich died he laid in his hotel room for 2 weeks with the A/C shut off and stayed there til Fritz came to Japan 2 weeks later and snagged the body.

He claimed to have threatened Jose Gonzalez (Brody's killer) with a knife shortly after Brody's death.

Bart said in 1991 the ring crew was all 18 or 19 year old ***** men, and Vince had a tour bus for them, and would spend an odd amount of time on the bus with the gays.

He also says Lanny Poffo was gay, and came on to him. Vince found out Bart told Lanny off, and Bart was released shortly there after...

Black Bart spouted that much bullshit, and didn't even bring up his own brand of potato chips?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Jan 11th, 2011 06:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Portalesman
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 7756
Status: 
Online
Those chips taste good as fuck, as I recall.



____________________
http://www.wrestlingfanssuck.com

Sixk of Portalsman and he is a total fucking loser and mark for himself. A bore. Dude has never been laid in his life.

Total piece of garbage and a reason I have left wrestling forums. drdelaware
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Jan 11th, 2011 10:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Corkers

 

Joined: Fri Dec 19th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 47
Status: 
Offline
"I was going to be NWA Champion"

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Jan 11th, 2011 12:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
NCJames

 

Joined: Sat Nov 17th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 355
Status: 
Offline
Clearly not a verbatim Black Bart quote or there would be a "dad gum" ever other sentence

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Jan 11th, 2011 01:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
dbaker3179



Joined: Sun Mar 1st, 2009
Location: Glendale, Arizona USA
Posts: 1443
Status: 
Offline
NCJames wrote: Clearly not a verbatim Black Bart quote or there would be a "dad gum" ever other sentence
Early nominee for "best line of the year"!



____________________
David Baker
Mid-Atlantic Wrestling Historian
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Jan 11th, 2011 02:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
BayouBoogie



Joined: Wed Oct 17th, 2007
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana USA
Posts: 6864
Status: 
Offline
NCJames wrote: Clearly not a verbatim Black Bart quote or there would be a "dad gum" ever other sentence
And an oddly placed and angrily enunciated "NOW, THEN" here and there.

Last edited on Tue Jan 11th, 2011 02:33 pm by BayouBoogie

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Jan 11th, 2011 02:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Count Grog
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Fuquay Varina, NC, USA
Posts: 15603
Status: 
Offline
Steve Corinos where he talks about working World Class, LA and other old territories.



____________________
Most people don't care if you're telling them the truth or if you're telling them a lie, as long as they're entertained by it. - Tom Waits

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Jan 11th, 2011 03:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
DaNkinator



Joined: Tue Oct 23rd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 6116
Status: 
Offline
:D

Corina really said that?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Jan 11th, 2011 03:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49743
Status: 
Offline
DaNkinator wrote: :D

Corina really said that?

That was a joke.  Corino did an entire "shoot" for RF in his "King of Old School" gimmick, thus not making it a shoot at all but more of a comedy routine.  That wasn't advertised though.  I think they intended it to be a shoot but Corino just decided to goof on them for 2 hours.

Last edited on Tue Jan 11th, 2011 03:13 pm by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Jan 11th, 2011 03:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
Paul Roma thinking he was bigger than he really was

Scott Hall when he said he didn't have an alcohol problem

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 11:44 am Page:    1  2  3  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > What Are The Most Outrageous Lies Told In Shoot Videos? Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems