WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > the living legend is pissed off now!!

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
the living legend is pissed off now!!  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Mar 27th, 2011 10:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
yellowdog



Joined: Fri Mar 5th, 2010
Location: New Bern, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3811
Status: 
Offline
3setsof10 wrote: yellowdog wrote: kargol wrote: yellowdog wrote: kargol wrote: yellowdog wrote: HarryG wrote: Larry can get bent. His book sucked too.
he actually wrote the book himself with no ghost writer.  It didn't suck.  I'm curious why you thought it sucked?

Because the first 47 pages were blank until he finally got started.

Really?  Unlike most wrestling books the first three chapters were NOT just about his humble beginnings.  Page 17 is where he starts talking about being Bruno's protege and his start in the business.  I thought the book was too short and I wanted more, but suck?  Nope...to each his own.

I don't wish to be offensive, but are you autistic?

what DO you wish to be..an asshole?

So are you Mister Saint Laurent or Larry Z himself?  No one else would care this much or be so stupid as to miss the obvious joke the guy was making

Larry Z is a bitter old dipshit, nothing more-  Jericho will be remembered more than Larry ever will
maybe I'm "Parts Unknown"in the videos

Last edited on Sun Mar 27th, 2011 10:13 pm by yellowdog



____________________
"It's a Dog Eat Dog World"
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Mar 27th, 2011 10:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9688
Status: 
Offline
3setsof10 wrote: yellowdog wrote: kargol wrote: yellowdog wrote: kargol wrote: yellowdog wrote: HarryG wrote: Larry can get bent. His book sucked too.
he actually wrote the book himself with no ghost writer.  It didn't suck.  I'm curious why you thought it sucked?

Because the first 47 pages were blank until he finally got started.

Really?  Unlike most wrestling books the first three chapters were NOT just about his humble beginnings.  Page 17 is where he starts talking about being Bruno's protege and his start in the business.  I thought the book was too short and I wanted more, but suck?  Nope...to each his own.

I don't wish to be offensive, but are you autistic?

what DO you wish to be..an asshole?

Larry Z is a bitter old dipshit, nothing more-  Jericho will be remembered more than Larry ever will


Maybe because of the mainstream attention that wrestling is getting, but I never considered Jericho anything special other than being another two-bit entertainer in sports entertainment. 

I suppose Jericho will be remembered longer with there being a younger audience, but I do not think Jericho is better than Zbyszko in their respective roles of when they were professional wrestling or sports entertaining.



____________________
“Anybody notice that Papa Voo can make all these posts, despite the fact he hasn't been logged in all night? #S&W (Scumbag Liars & Worthless Trash)“

-(Comedian/Troll Wanna Be) Heenan Fan-
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Mar 27th, 2011 11:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
Papa Voo wrote: 3setsof10 wrote: yellowdog wrote: kargol wrote: yellowdog wrote: kargol wrote: yellowdog wrote: HarryG wrote: Larry can get bent. His book sucked too.
he actually wrote the book himself with no ghost writer.  It didn't suck.  I'm curious why you thought it sucked?

Because the first 47 pages were blank until he finally got started.

Really?  Unlike most wrestling books the first three chapters were NOT just about his humble beginnings.  Page 17 is where he starts talking about being Bruno's protege and his start in the business.  I thought the book was too short and I wanted more, but suck?  Nope...to each his own.

I don't wish to be offensive, but are you autistic?

what DO you wish to be..an asshole?

Larry Z is a bitter old dipshit, nothing more-  Jericho will be remembered more than Larry ever will


Maybe because of the mainstream attention that wrestling is getting, but I never considered Jericho anything special other than being another two-bit entertainer in sports entertainment. 

I suppose Jericho will be remembered longer with there being a younger audience, but I do not think Jericho is better than Zbyszko in their respective roles of when they were professional wrestling or sports entertaining.
I remember 1 Larry fued that was memorable(Sammartino in WWWF), the rest of his runs were minor in feds that were dying or not used correctly(like was alluded to earlier). Jericho I can name 5(Mysterio in WCW, Malenko in WCW, Mysterio in WWF/E, Cena in WWF/E, Edge in WWF/E) and there are memorable matches he had also(like with HBK, Hogan, Rock, etc)

The younger audience doesn't play into this, because a majority of WWE fans today, were not watching when there was a huge territory system or feds like WCW, ECW, AWA, etc

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Mar 28th, 2011 12:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
Heretic



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 3883
Status: 
Offline
Well, yes, after his WWWF run with Bruno, he never went back, so, technically, he was in dying feds the rest of the life since they all died except WWWF/WWF/WWE.



____________________
Nick Hoodwinkel Jerkwinkel
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Mar 28th, 2011 12:19 am
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9688
Status: 
Offline
mike3775 wrote: Papa Voo wrote: 3setsof10 wrote: yellowdog wrote: kargol wrote: yellowdog wrote: kargol wrote: yellowdog wrote: HarryG wrote: Larry can get bent. His book sucked too.
he actually wrote the book himself with no ghost writer.  It didn't suck.  I'm curious why you thought it sucked?

Because the first 47 pages were blank until he finally got started.

Really?  Unlike most wrestling books the first three chapters were NOT just about his humble beginnings.  Page 17 is where he starts talking about being Bruno's protege and his start in the business.  I thought the book was too short and I wanted more, but suck?  Nope...to each his own.

I don't wish to be offensive, but are you autistic?

what DO you wish to be..an asshole?

Larry Z is a bitter old dipshit, nothing more-  Jericho will be remembered more than Larry ever will


Maybe because of the mainstream attention that wrestling is getting, but I never considered Jericho anything special other than being another two-bit entertainer in sports entertainment. 

I suppose Jericho will be remembered longer with there being a younger audience, but I do not think Jericho is better than Zbyszko in their respective roles of when they were professional wrestling or sports entertaining.

The younger audience doesn't play into this, because a majority of WWE fans today, were not watching when there was a huge territory system or feds like WCW, ECW, AWA, etc


I am talking about the young children of today.  It is simple math.

I cannot name you one feud with Jericho.

See how it works.

It all depends on the age of fans and when they were fans.

Last edited on Mon Mar 28th, 2011 12:19 am by Papa Voo



____________________
“Anybody notice that Papa Voo can make all these posts, despite the fact he hasn't been logged in all night? #S&W (Scumbag Liars & Worthless Trash)“

-(Comedian/Troll Wanna Be) Heenan Fan-
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Mar 28th, 2011 01:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
yellowdog



Joined: Fri Mar 5th, 2010
Location: New Bern, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3811
Status: 
Offline



Maybe because of the mainstream attention that wrestling is getting, but I never considered Jericho anything special other than being another two-bit entertainer in sports entertainment. 

I suppose Jericho will be remembered longer with there being a younger audience, but I do not think Jericho is better than Zbyszko in their respective roles of when they were professional wrestling or sports entertaining.
I remember 1 Larry fued that was memorable(Sammartino in WWWF), the rest of his runs were minor in feds that were dying or not used correctly(like was alluded to earlier). Jericho I can name 5(Mysterio in WCW, Malenko in WCW, Mysterio in WWF/E, Cena in WWF/E, Edge in WWF/E) and there are memorable matches he had also(like with HBK, Hogan, Rock, etc)

The younger audience doesn't play into this, because a majority of WWE fans today, were not watching when there was a huge territory system or feds like WCW, ECW, AWA, etc

I think this is definitely "Old School vs New School" 

I believe you can argue that the one feud you mentioned, Larry vs Bruno, is one of the all-time great feuds and by itself trumps the Jericho feuds you mentioned.   There were others that merit mention though.  In the 70s Larry and Tony Garea vs The Valiants was a memorable feud.  Larry's feud with Nick Bockwinkel battling over the AWA World Title that in retrospect may still have been more important than any of the titles Jericho has won given that titles do not matter much any more.  His feud in WCW against Scott Hall was also a good one.  A great angle was his selling of the National Title on Georgia Championship Wrestling broadcast nationwide on TBS.

I'm not trying to put down Chris.  I like Chris and some of his work.  But his major accomplishments have come in the last decade for the most part and like so many have said on this board so many times, it's not like it used to be. 

Some have said here that Zbyszko is a bitter old man.  Wouldn't you be if the business you spent most of your adult life in has changed so much that the primary wrestling company doesn't even want to call it wrestling?  Seems reasonable to me and count him among many of the oldtimers that think today's "product" is an embarrasment.



____________________
"It's a Dog Eat Dog World"
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Mar 28th, 2011 02:44 am
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
Chrisstlouis

 

Joined: Thu Jun 11th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 2397
Status: 
Offline
Was is it wrestlers are bitter and angry. i dont get that from any other sport.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Mar 28th, 2011 03:29 am
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
Heretic



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 3883
Status: 
Offline
All the deaths, all the stupid people who don't know how to save their money, and what it used to be versus what it turned into.



____________________
Nick Hoodwinkel Jerkwinkel
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Mar 28th, 2011 03:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9688
Status: 
Offline
Chrisstlouis wrote: Was is it wrestlers are bitter and angry. i dont get that from any other sport.
You see the "bitter" terminology being used mostly by people trying to compare the new product to the old product.  It was used alot by the Hulkamaniacs when the comparisons would come up between Bruno and Hogan.  Now, people just throw it out there anytime there is a debate like this one between a newer star and an older star.  The older one seems to always get tagged with the bitter label.



____________________
“Anybody notice that Papa Voo can make all these posts, despite the fact he hasn't been logged in all night? #S&W (Scumbag Liars & Worthless Trash)“

-(Comedian/Troll Wanna Be) Heenan Fan-
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Mar 28th, 2011 03:40 am
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
tofu_chipmunk



Joined: Wed Aug 5th, 2009
Location: Suburban Fatlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 6706
Status: 
Offline
Chrisstlouis wrote: Was is it wrestlers are bitter and angry. i dont get that from any other sport.
Wrestlers go through their career with little respect from people outside of their peers and wrestling fans.  When they retire, they're generally left with not a ton of money, a good deal of physical pain, and little respect from the real world in which they now have to live, and no regular periods of getting pops and respect from the fans and peers.  I have to imagine that it leaves a lot of old wrestlers with empty feelings inside. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 01:49 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2     
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > the living legend is pissed off now!! Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems