WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > WWE Network Has Begun

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  112  113  114  115  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
WWE Network Has Begun  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Apr 5th, 2019 05:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1636th Post
Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 1517
Status: 
Online
bpickering wrote: This week's hidden gems.

02/27/1987 – WrestleMania 3 Press Conference [Duration: 00:33:53]
The tension between Andre the Giant and Hulk Hogan comes to a fever pitch just weeks before WrestleMania III.

This looks like a press conference from Montreal.  On the old Coliseum Home Video release, I believe it showed a clip from a different press conference which included Heenan, Piper, Junk Yard Dog, etc.  I'd like to see that whole thing too.
 

During this clip, Andre explains that he didn't change, and that the only reason he chose Bobby Heenan as his manager is because he was the only person who showed up to his hearing to have his suspension lifted.  Andre mentions how none of the other wrestlers showed up for him.  I don't recall the story being told from Andre's perspective like that ever during the angle.  Most of the time Andre was just quiet and Heenan said everything.  I can see why the regular programming wouldn't use that part, as it could draw sympathy for the heel.

Last edited on Fri Apr 5th, 2019 05:24 pm by Boz1515

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Apr 5th, 2019 05:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1637th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 48717
Status: 
Offline
Boz1515 wrote: bpickering wrote: This week's hidden gems.

02/27/1987 – WrestleMania 3 Press Conference [Duration: 00:33:53]
The tension between Andre the Giant and Hulk Hogan comes to a fever pitch just weeks before WrestleMania III.

This looks like a press conference from Montreal.  On the old Coliseum Home Video release, I believe it showed a clip from a different press conference which included Heenan, Piper, Junk Yard Dog, etc.  I'd like to see that whole thing too.
 

During this clip, Andre explains that he didn't change, and that the only reason he chose Bobby Heenan as his manager is because he was the only person who showed up to his hearing to have his suspension lifted.  Andre mentions how none of the other wrestlers showed up for him.  I don't recall the story being told from Andre's perspective like that ever during the angle.  Most of the time Andre was just quiet and Heenan said everything.  I can see why the regular programming wouldn't use that part, as it could draw sympathy for the heel.


I remember on Piper's Pit Heenan basically said that he was the only one who called while Andre was suspended and Hogan never did.  It was very similar, but not as funny, as the Orndorff/Hogan angle the year before where Orndorff was desperately calling from a payphone and Hogan basically hung up on him because he was always busy.

Last edited on Fri Apr 5th, 2019 05:35 pm by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Apr 5th, 2019 08:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1638th Post
Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 1517
Status: 
Online
srossi wrote: Boz1515 wrote: bpickering wrote: This week's hidden gems.

02/27/1987 – WrestleMania 3 Press Conference [Duration: 00:33:53]
The tension between Andre the Giant and Hulk Hogan comes to a fever pitch just weeks before WrestleMania III.

This looks like a press conference from Montreal.  On the old Coliseum Home Video release, I believe it showed a clip from a different press conference which included Heenan, Piper, Junk Yard Dog, etc.  I'd like to see that whole thing too.
 

During this clip, Andre explains that he didn't change, and that the only reason he chose Bobby Heenan as his manager is because he was the only person who showed up to his hearing to have his suspension lifted.  Andre mentions how none of the other wrestlers showed up for him.  I don't recall the story being told from Andre's perspective like that ever during the angle.  Most of the time Andre was just quiet and Heenan said everything.  I can see why the regular programming wouldn't use that part, as it could draw sympathy for the heel.


I remember on Piper's Pit Heenan basically said that he was the only one who called while Andre was suspended and Hogan never did.  It was very similar, but not as funny, as the Orndorff/Hogan angle the year before where Orndorff was desperately calling from a payphone and Hogan basically hung up on him because he was always busy.
Yeah that one was funny.  I can still remember Orndorff freaking out with the phone in his hand.  I think Hogan told him later he was too busy squatting or something.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Apr 5th, 2019 08:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1639th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: D-ville
Posts: 3379
Status: 
Online
Wasn’t that basically the story with Taz and Afonso? Alfonso was sending money to Taz while he was hurt.



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Apr 5th, 2019 09:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1640th Post
Blazer
Mr Monday Night!


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 5897
Status: 
Offline
Boz1515 wrote: srossi wrote: Boz1515 wrote: bpickering wrote: This week's hidden gems.

02/27/1987 – WrestleMania 3 Press Conference [Duration: 00:33:53]
The tension between Andre the Giant and Hulk Hogan comes to a fever pitch just weeks before WrestleMania III.

This looks like a press conference from Montreal.  On the old Coliseum Home Video release, I believe it showed a clip from a different press conference which included Heenan, Piper, Junk Yard Dog, etc.  I'd like to see that whole thing too.
 

During this clip, Andre explains that he didn't change, and that the only reason he chose Bobby Heenan as his manager is because he was the only person who showed up to his hearing to have his suspension lifted.  Andre mentions how none of the other wrestlers showed up for him.  I don't recall the story being told from Andre's perspective like that ever during the angle.  Most of the time Andre was just quiet and Heenan said everything.  I can see why the regular programming wouldn't use that part, as it could draw sympathy for the heel.


I remember on Piper's Pit Heenan basically said that he was the only one who called while Andre was suspended and Hogan never did.  It was very similar, but not as funny, as the Orndorff/Hogan angle the year before where Orndorff was desperately calling from a payphone and Hogan basically hung up on him because he was always busy.
Yeah that one was funny.  I can still remember Orndorff freaking out with the phone in his hand.  I think Hogan told him later he was too busy squatting or something.


“I had 600 lbs on the rack, brother.  You know I would have called you back as soon I was done with my set.”




____________________
"Well, maybe I like the nightlife just a little bit more than I like the damn gym, jack! And when you're makin' $500,000 a year, there ain't no reason to change what you're doing." - Dusty Rhodes, 1/4/1986
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Apr 5th, 2019 09:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1641st Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 48717
Status: 
Offline
Things weren’t overanalyzed back then, but even as a kid Hogan almost always came across to me as the real heel in most of his feuds.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Apr 5th, 2019 09:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1642nd Post
Blazer
Mr Monday Night!


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 5897
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: Things weren’t overanalyzed back then, but even as a kid Hogan almost always came across to me as the real heel in most of his feuds.
Oh fuck yes.  He was a bitch to Orndorff.  Dude totally had lust in his eyes for Elizabeth.



____________________
"Well, maybe I like the nightlife just a little bit more than I like the damn gym, jack! And when you're makin' $500,000 a year, there ain't no reason to change what you're doing." - Dusty Rhodes, 1/4/1986
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Apr 5th, 2019 09:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1643rd Post
Blazer
Mr Monday Night!


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 5897
Status: 
Offline
Jealous of Andre. Had to have a bigger trophy for being champion for three years. Andre was undefeated for 15 fucking years.



____________________
"Well, maybe I like the nightlife just a little bit more than I like the damn gym, jack! And when you're makin' $500,000 a year, there ain't no reason to change what you're doing." - Dusty Rhodes, 1/4/1986
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Apr 5th, 2019 10:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1644th Post
Superstar
2018 Poster of the Year


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Isle Of, Malta
Posts: 5374
Status: 
Online
srossi wrote: Boz1515 wrote: bpickering wrote: This week's hidden gems.

02/27/1987 – WrestleMania 3 Press Conference [Duration: 00:33:53]
The tension between Andre the Giant and Hulk Hogan comes to a fever pitch just weeks before WrestleMania III.

This looks like a press conference from Montreal.  On the old Coliseum Home Video release, I believe it showed a clip from a different press conference which included Heenan, Piper, Junk Yard Dog, etc.  I'd like to see that whole thing too.
 

During this clip, Andre explains that he didn't change, and that the only reason he chose Bobby Heenan as his manager is because he was the only person who showed up to his hearing to have his suspension lifted.  Andre mentions how none of the other wrestlers showed up for him.  I don't recall the story being told from Andre's perspective like that ever during the angle.  Most of the time Andre was just quiet and Heenan said everything.  I can see why the regular programming wouldn't use that part, as it could draw sympathy for the heel.


I remember on Piper's Pit Heenan basically said that he was the only one who called while Andre was suspended and Hogan never did.  It was very similar, but not as funny, as the Orndorff/Hogan angle the year before where Orndorff was desperately calling from a payphone and Hogan basically hung up on him because he was always busy.
Orndorff was so fucking good here it’s not funny.  There is no surprise that he made more money on his two runs with Hogan than he did the rest of his career combined to that point.  Sure, we all saw the turn coming - but I was in middle school at the time and wrestling was the #1 sport in the school (all the kids watched, being that we were in Stamford), and virtually all of us agreed that Hogan left Orndorff hanging and deserved to get nailed from behind.  As has already been said, Hogan looked so, so bad in any feud that started with a former friend.  None of his friends ever turned on him just to fuck him over - he caused it.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Apr 10th, 2019 10:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
1645th Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17653
Status: 
Online
More episodes of mid South are going up Monday.



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Apr 10th, 2019 12:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1646th Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17653
Status: 
Online
WWE Worlds Collide, featuring inter-brand dream matches with Superstars from Raw, SmackDown LIVE, NXT, NXT UK and 205 Live, is coming soon to the award-winning WWE Network.

Check out the full schedule for the four-episode series below.

NXT vs. NXT Alumni – Sunday, April 14 at 8/7 C
Former NXT Superstars battle current Superstars from the black-and-gold brand, with matches including Roderick Strong vs. Tyler Breeze, Dominik Dijkaovic vs. Harper, SAnitY vs. Undisputed ERA, and Kassius Ohno vs. Aiden English.

Cruiserweights Collide – Wednesday, April 17 at 9/8 C
Cruiserweights from 205 Live, NXT UK and NXT will soar to new heights in never-before-seen matchups such as Tyler Bate vs. The Brian Kendrick, Akira Tozawa vs. Jordan Devlin, Flash Morgan Webster & Mark Andrews vs. Ariya Daivari & Mike Kanellis, and Albert Hardie Jr. vs. Gran Metalik vs. Ligero.

Women Collide – Wednesday, April 24 at 9/8 C
Top female Superstars from NXT, NXT UK, Raw and SmackDown LIVE collide, with featured matches including Io Shirai vs. Sonya Deville, Toni Storm vs. Nikki Cross vs. Bianca Belair, Piper Niven vs. Zelina Vega and Candice LeRae vs. Kay Lee Ray.

Brands Collide – Wednesday, May 1 at 9/8 C
Two over-the-top-rope Battle Royals — one for male Superstars and one for female Superstars — will take place on Brands Collide. Both Battle Royals will feature Superstars from NXT and NXT UK, and the Men’s Battle Royal will additionally feature Superstars from 205 Live. Who will be the last Superstars standing when the dust settles?



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Apr 10th, 2019 01:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1647th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 48717
Status: 
Offline
bpickering wrote: WWE Worlds Collide, featuring inter-brand dream matches with Superstars from Raw, SmackDown LIVE, NXT, NXT UK and 205 Live, is coming soon to the award-winning WWE Network.

Check out the full schedule for the four-episode series below.

NXT vs. NXT Alumni – Sunday, April 14 at 8/7 C
Former NXT Superstars battle current Superstars from the black-and-gold brand, with matches including Roderick Strong vs. Tyler Breeze, Dominik Dijkaovic vs. Harper, SAnitY vs. Undisputed ERA, and Kassius Ohno vs. Aiden English.

Cruiserweights Collide – Wednesday, April 17 at 9/8 C
Cruiserweights from 205 Live, NXT UK and NXT will soar to new heights in never-before-seen matchups such as Tyler Bate vs. The Brian Kendrick, Akira Tozawa vs. Jordan Devlin, Flash Morgan Webster & Mark Andrews vs. Ariya Daivari & Mike Kanellis, and Albert Hardie Jr. vs. Gran Metalik vs. Ligero.

Women Collide – Wednesday, April 24 at 9/8 C
Top female Superstars from NXT, NXT UK, Raw and SmackDown LIVE collide, with featured matches including Io Shirai vs. Sonya Deville, Toni Storm vs. Nikki Cross vs. Bianca Belair, Piper Niven vs. Zelina Vega and Candice LeRae vs. Kay Lee Ray.

Brands Collide – Wednesday, May 1 at 9/8 C
Two over-the-top-rope Battle Royals — one for male Superstars and one for female Superstars — will take place on Brands Collide. Both Battle Royals will feature Superstars from NXT and NXT UK, and the Men’s Battle Royal will additionally feature Superstars from 205 Live. Who will be the last Superstars standing when the dust settles?

I can't watch anymore shit involving guys that they don't know what to do with.  Enough content already!



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Apr 10th, 2019 03:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1648th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6529
Status: 
Online
Of all the matches they could have made, none of them interest me in the slightest. They could have picked names out of a hat and made better match ups.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Apr 10th, 2019 06:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1649th Post
ukfan01

 

Joined: Tue Jul 5th, 2016
Location:  
Posts: 55
Status: 
Offline
You mean that isn't what they did this time, or for that matter the last few dozen times? Maybe they should ditch the hat and bring out the old battlebowl from the WCW box. While they're at it, they could recycle the Spin the Wheel too, but with some colored lights to give it that 21st century feel.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Apr 11th, 2019 06:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
1650th Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17653
Status: 
Online
Today's hidden gems 
Wrestling Challenge Taping 12/07/1988 – The Mystical Magical Magee [Duration: 09:55]
WWE Hall of Famer ‘Million Dollar Man’ Ted Dibiase battles the mystical Tom Magee in this never-before-seen contest from Challenge.



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 03:55 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  112  113  114  115  ...  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > WWE Network Has Begun Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems