WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > WWE Network Has Begun

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  123  124  125  126  127  128  129  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
WWE Network Has Begun  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Jan 18th, 2020 08:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1906th Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Blue Ball, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 6016
Status: 
Offline
Just shows you what they think of their classic content - they threw it on the free version.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Jan 18th, 2020 08:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1907th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 3872
Status: 
Offline
Well shit it’s doomed then



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Jan 19th, 2020 03:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
1908th Post
cookie32723



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3006
Status: 
Offline
Wait, the tiered service is up and running now? I didn’t know there was a free version yet.



____________________
If data, science, and logic offends someone, then they probably need to be offended.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Jan 19th, 2020 03:49 am
  PM Quote Reply
1909th Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Blue Ball, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 6016
Status: 
Offline
cookie32723 wrote: Wait, the tiered service is up and running now? I didn’t know there was a free version yet.From what I know, it’s quiet.  And the link is in this thread, one or two pages back.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Jan 19th, 2020 04:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
1910th Post
cookie32723



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3006
Status: 
Offline
Superstar wrote: cookie32723 wrote: Wait, the tiered service is up and running now? I didn’t know there was a free version yet.From what I know, it’s quiet.  And the link is in this thread, one or two pages back.
I remember reading that at the time but hadn’t heard anything else since that time, so I guess I just missed the part where it’s actually live. 



____________________
If data, science, and logic offends someone, then they probably need to be offended.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Jan 19th, 2020 04:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
1911th Post
Blazer



Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 6280
Status: 
Offline
Just pulled up the app on my tv.  Looks like a ton of free content and anything you have to pay for has the lock symbol on it.



____________________
"Well, maybe I like the nightlife just a little bit more than I like the damn gym, jack! And when you're makin' $500,000 a year, there ain't no reason to change what you're doing." - Dusty Rhodes, 1/4/1986
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Jan 20th, 2020 06:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1912th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 3872
Status: 
Offline
The most current PTW episode is now 10/02/89 or is that what was already on the network?



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Jan 20th, 2020 07:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1913th Post
nyhack56

 

Joined: Wed May 15th, 2019
Location:  
Posts: 106
Status: 
Offline
Franchise wrote: The most current PTW episode is now 10/02/89 or is that what was already on the network?
That is the most current.  They added 10 episodes today.  7/31 - 10/2

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Jan 20th, 2020 07:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1914th Post
nyhack56

 

Joined: Wed May 15th, 2019
Location:  
Posts: 106
Status: 
Offline
Double Post

Last edited on Mon Jan 20th, 2020 07:15 pm by nyhack56

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Jan 20th, 2020 07:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1915th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 3872
Status: 
Offline
Thank you



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Jan 21st, 2020 02:21 am
  PM Quote Reply
1916th Post
cookie32723



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3006
Status: 
Offline
It’s really a shame the extent they’ve slowed down on classic content with as much as they have in the vault. We used to get weekly smaller drops, then it went to monthly large drops, and now 10 shows per month. Hope nobody is holding their breath for anything in particular because with this business model you likely won’t ever see it.



____________________
If data, science, and logic offends someone, then they probably need to be offended.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Jan 21st, 2020 04:27 am
  PM Quote Reply
1917th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 3872
Status: 
Offline
I was really hoping with the hidden gems gone and thunder wrapped up we would see some large drops to complete prime time, Saturday night or a year of AWA tv but like you suggested I won’t be holding my breath.



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Feb 6th, 2020 06:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1918th Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17999
Status: 
Offline
WWE revealed in today's earnings release that WWE Network average paid subscribers have decreased 10% to approximately 1.42 million.

The earnings also advised that the company is looking at "strategic alternatives" to the company's streaming network, which will hit its sixth anniversary later this month, as a way to increase revenues in 2020. What that could mean remains to be seen, but there was no promise of the long-planned and prepared tiered version of the WWE Network in today's earnings.

PWInsider.com can confirm work was continuing on the tiered version as recently as last week.



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Feb 7th, 2020 08:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1919th Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17999
Status: 
Offline
WWE announced the following details on their forthcoming Ruthless Aggression documentary series, which will debut via VOD on Sunday 2/16 at 10 AM EST, designed to be a sequel to the Monday Night Wars documentary, following what happens to the victor of that battle, WWE:

Episode 1 – It’s Time To Shake Things Up
Available Sunday, Feb. 16 at 10 a.m. ET
As The Monday Night War comes to a close, WWE reckons with the challenges that arise from its acquisition of WCW and the departure of established Superstars like “Stone Cold” Steve Austin and The Rock, as well as makes the bold decision to split its roster between two brands.

Episode 2 – Enter John Cena
Available Monday, Feb. 17 at 10 a.m. ET
A new, if polarizing, Superstar emerges in the form of John Cena. After enjoying initial success, Cena struggles to find himself as a performer and realizes he’s on on the brink of being fired — that is, until his adoption of new persona launches him to new heights.

Episode 3 – Evolution
Available Monday, Feb. 24 at 10 a.m. ET
No faction ruled the Ruthless Aggression Era more than Evolution, the dominant union of Triple H, “Nature Boy” Ric Flair, Randy Orton and Batista. Find out what brought the four legends together and, for the first time ever, learn about the obstacles that threatened to derail Evolution from the start.

Episode 4 – The Next Big Thing
Available Monday, March 2 at 10 a.m. ET
Follow Brock Lesnar’s meteoric rise in WWE and get the full story behind his controversial and headline-making decision to abruptly leave in 2004 — at arguably the pinnacle of his young career — to pursue endeavors outside sports-entertainment.

Episode 5 – Civil War: Raw vs. SmackDown
Available Monday, March 9 at 10 a.m. ET
Go in depth on WWE’s groundbreaking decision to split its roster between two brands, Raw and SmackDown, from the myriad behind-the-scenes challenges, to the intense competition that erupted between the brands and their Superstars.



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Feb 8th, 2020 05:49 am
  PM Quote Reply
1920th Post
Heenan Fan
Mr Monday Night!


Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 2537
Status: 
Offline
bpickering wrote: WWE announced the following details on their forthcoming Ruthless Aggression documentary series, which will debut via VOD on Sunday 2/16 at 10 AM EST, designed to be a sequel to the Monday Night Wars documentary, following what happens to the victor of that battle, WWE:

Episode 1 – It’s Time To Shake Things Up
Available Sunday, Feb. 16 at 10 a.m. ET
As The Monday Night War comes to a close, WWE reckons with the challenges that arise from its acquisition of WCW and the departure of established Superstars like “Stone Cold” Steve Austin and The Rock, as well as makes the bold decision to split its roster between two brands.

Episode 2 – Enter John Cena
Available Monday, Feb. 17 at 10 a.m. ET
A new, if polarizing, Superstar emerges in the form of John Cena. After enjoying initial success, Cena struggles to find himself as a performer and realizes he’s on on the brink of being fired — that is, until his adoption of new persona launches him to new heights.

Episode 3 – Evolution
Available Monday, Feb. 24 at 10 a.m. ET
No faction ruled the Ruthless Aggression Era more than Evolution, the dominant union of Triple H, “Nature Boy” Ric Flair, Randy Orton and Batista. Find out what brought the four legends together and, for the first time ever, learn about the obstacles that threatened to derail Evolution from the start.

Episode 4 – The Next Big Thing
Available Monday, March 2 at 10 a.m. ET
Follow Brock Lesnar’s meteoric rise in WWE and get the full story behind his controversial and headline-making decision to abruptly leave in 2004 — at arguably the pinnacle of his young career — to pursue endeavors outside sports-entertainment.

Episode 5 – Civil War: Raw vs. SmackDown
Available Monday, March 9 at 10 a.m. ET
Go in depth on WWE’s groundbreaking decision to split its roster between two brands, Raw and SmackDown, from the myriad behind-the-scenes challenges, to the intense competition that erupted between the brands and their Superstars.
Horrible era in my opinion. I'll probably pass on this.



____________________
"Comedians are just like Pro Wrestlers...all the good ones are dead!" Me, 2019

"I'm too smart to be a Democrat and too poor to be a Republican." Me, 2000
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 11:10 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  123  124  125  126  127  128  129  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > WWE Network Has Begun Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems