WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > WWE Network Has Begun

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
WWE Network Has Begun  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Aug 12th, 2017 02:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
931st Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, USA
Posts: 15993
Status: 
Offline
More WCCW been added

Total Episodes

1982-45

1983-48

1984-50

1985- 5

1986- 6

1987-1

July 15, 1988 LA Sports Arena house show and the November 24, 1983 Philadelphia Spectrum house show have been added also



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated Msy 22 2017)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Aug 12th, 2017 04:33 am
  PM Quote Reply
932nd Post
Blazer
Mr Hockey~!


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 4401
Status: 
Offline
Holy shit, they're two episodes away from having a complete 1984 run and only 4 from the '83 run? That's incredible. Really they almost have the entire '82 run too.



____________________
"Well, maybe I like the nightlife just a little bit more than I like the damn gym, jack! And when you're makin' $500,000 a year, there ain't no reason to change what you're doing." - Dusty Rhodes, 1/4/1986, explaining why he's a fatass.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Aug 13th, 2017 02:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
933rd Post
Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 881
Status: 
Offline
Blazer wrote: Holy crap, they're two episodes away from having a complete 1984 run and only 4 from the '83 run? That's incredible. Really they almost have the entire '82 run too.

That's awesome.

Where the heck are my Superstars of Wrestling episodes?

Don't tell me no one wants to see them either.  Some of these episodes have a ton of views on YouTube.

C'mon man!!!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Aug 13th, 2017 09:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
934th Post
ukfan01

 

Joined: Tue Jul 5th, 2016
Location:  
Posts: 13
Status: 
Offline
They're in the same place as the World Wide Wrestling, Challenge, Mid Atlantic and Pro episodes. And hopefully one day they'll unlock the door and let them out.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Sep 1st, 2017 05:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
935th Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, USA
Posts: 15993
Status: 
Offline
the next major addition to the VOD component for the WWE Network looks to be WCW Thunder



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated Msy 22 2017)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Sep 12th, 2017 04:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
936th Post
Kriss



Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 5201
Status: 
Offline
bpickering wrote: the next major addition to the VOD component for the WWE Network looks to be WCW Thunder

WCCW from 1985 is being added to the network today.



____________________
https://www.facebook.com/AmarilloWrestling
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Sep 13th, 2017 06:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
937th Post
DaNkinator



Joined: Tue Oct 23rd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 5932
Status: 
Offline
They need to get on with MidSouth and UWF.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Sep 13th, 2017 06:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
938th Post
Superstar



Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 3950
Status: 
Offline
DaNkinator wrote: They need to get on with MidSouth and UWF.
The two things that they will need to do with that footage is scrub the music, and add the closed captioning.  I think that's why you're seeing WCCW because they've been working on it longer.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Sep 14th, 2017 10:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
939th Post
khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 14091
Status: 
Offline
Makes sense.

Given the way AWA TV is/was so interview-oriented, I don't think we will ever see a good solid run of AWA TV get released. Damn shame. Hope they have an ep or two with a big match on it they'll throw our way eventually.

The AWA tapes are one case where I wish someone like Bruce Tharpe had come along and done something like NWA on Demand. It's a niche within a niche within a niche audience of course...but it's not gonna be seen any more than if Verne had kept it and Greg was still pumping out PPVs in the Minnesota area. Less even I am sure.

Ah well...
EDIT: To be clear, I am talking about TV before they went to ESPN, from the old studios in Minny. Cycling the interviews on separate reels (and likely making matching them up with their proper TV tapes, if they even made it back to the AWA offices when they were done, impossible) really kills the appeal of the regular weeks of TV. Just the way they did things...doesn't translate well outside of those that grew up watching it.

Last edited on Thu Sep 14th, 2017 10:33 am by khawk



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Sep 15th, 2017 02:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
940th Post
The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 9378
Status: 
Offline
khawk wrote: Makes sense.

Given the way AWA TV is/was so interview-oriented, I don't think we will ever see a good solid run of AWA TV get released. Damn shame. Hope they have an ep or two with a big match on it they'll throw our way eventually.

The AWA tapes are one case where I wish someone like Bruce Tharpe had come along and done something like NWA on Demand. It's a niche within a niche within a niche audience of course...but it's not gonna be seen any more than if Verne had kept it and Greg was still pumping out PPVs in the Minnesota area. Less even I am sure.

Ah well...
EDIT: To be clear, I am talking about TV before they went to ESPN, from the old studios in Minny. Cycling the interviews on separate reels (and likely making matching them up with their proper TV tapes, if they even made it back to the AWA offices when they were done, impossible) really kills the appeal of the regular weeks of TV. Just the way they did things...doesn't translate well outside of those that grew up watching it.

I've been watching "The AWA Collection" on the Youtoobs.  It's been fun to rewatch those tv eps.  What I found surprising was how competitive the squashes were. I didn't remember the carpenters getting so much offense.
Plus, any time you can see Rooster Griffin is a good time.



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Sep 15th, 2017 03:15 am
  PM Quote Reply
941st Post
Blazer
Mr Hockey~!


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 4401
Status: 
Offline
Rooster Griffin, Sonny Rogers, Nacho Berrera, Jake "The Milkman" Milliman, Tony Leone, Tom "Rocky" Stone, Rick Renslow, ...

Man, the AWA had a great crew of enhancement talent.



____________________
"Well, maybe I like the nightlife just a little bit more than I like the damn gym, jack! And when you're makin' $500,000 a year, there ain't no reason to change what you're doing." - Dusty Rhodes, 1/4/1986, explaining why he's a fatass.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Sep 15th, 2017 03:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
942nd Post
The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 9378
Status: 
Offline
Don't forget Kenny the Sodbuster Jay



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Sep 15th, 2017 11:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
943rd Post
khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 14091
Status: 
Offline
The AWA squashes mostly allowed the Enhancement guys to get some minimal offense in. Sometimes you'd have a really competitive one. Rick Hunter vs. Nick Bockwinkel comes to mind, I remember that one vividly as being a lot of fun.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Sep 27th, 2017 06:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
944th Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, USA
Posts: 15993
Status: 
Offline
They put up a lot of WCCW from last time i was on.

1982-46

1983-48

1984-51

1985-33

1986-40

1987-2



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated Msy 22 2017)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Sep 27th, 2017 06:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
945th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5162
Status: 
Offline
Superstar wrote: DaNkinator wrote: They need to get on with MidSouth and UWF.
The two things that they will need to do with that footage is scrub the music, and add the closed captioning.  I think that's why you're seeing WCCW because they've been working on it longer.
Is that due to rights issues for the music?  The mid south was the best wrestling I ever saw at that point.  It was odd that Watts run with WCW was so awful after what he did in the midsouth. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 11:10 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > WWE Network Has Begun Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems