WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > WWE Network Has Begun

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
WWE Network Has Begun  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Sep 27th, 2017 10:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
946th Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17027
Status: 
Offline
Ultimark wrote: Superstar wrote: DaNkinator wrote: They need to get on with MidSouth and UWF.
The two things that they will need to do with that footage is scrub the music, and add the closed captioning.  I think that's why you're seeing WCCW because they've been working on it longer.
Is that due to rights issues for the music?  The mid south was the best wrestling I ever saw at that point.  It was odd that Watts run with WCW was so awful after what he did in the midsouth. 

Yeah due to Music rights.  



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Sep 29th, 2017 06:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
947th Post
srossi
Mr Monday Night!
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 46304
Status: 
Offline
PWInsider is reporting that the uploads of Thunder to WWE Network have stalled, possibly because of the lawsuit brought by Bagwell and Raven regarding royalties for their matches used to sell DVDs or streams. Anyway, don't expect these up anytime soon now.

Last edited on Fri Sep 29th, 2017 06:38 pm by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Sep 29th, 2017 06:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
948th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6349
Status: 
Offline
Dying to see Bagwell and Raven from the WCW years! :)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Sep 29th, 2017 09:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
949th Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17027
Status: 
Offline
pwinsider.com

PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources that a decision was made to hold off on the WCW Thunder series being added to the WWE Network. We were not able to 100% confirm why but it is likely because of the ongoing legal issues with Buff Bagwell and Scott Levy suing the company regarding the company not paying royalties on WWE Network material for content that talents would receive royalties for if it was released via physical media, such as DVDs. I speculated on this in an article earlier this week and this morning, confirmed the company specifically made a decision to not release Thunder (which is 100% ready to go, we are told) and instead release World Class Championship Wrestling episodes instead. WCCW was already slated to be the October "classic content" and we are told that the Network will be promoting the WCCW drop with an "Everything Bigger in Texas" theme.

Sunday Night Heat, which was slated to be added before the end of the year, is also now on the backburner, we are told.


I rather have the WCCW episodes so its win win  

Last edited on Fri Sep 29th, 2017 09:38 pm by bpickering



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Sep 29th, 2017 11:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
950th Post
LAF



Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4596
Status: 
Offline
So only the WCCW in October? They only own it through 1987, so there is not a ton left. And now we are getting into the timeline when Ted Arcidi and Uncle Elmer show up. Good stuff ;)

Last edited on Fri Sep 29th, 2017 11:12 pm by LAF

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Sep 29th, 2017 11:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
951st Post
wittman2

 

Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 610
Status: 
Offline
Who owns it after 1987?



____________________
CM Punk wrote on Twitter - "my twitter account was hacked", is the new: "I'm a sloppy drunk douche".
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Sep 29th, 2017 11:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
952nd Post
tamalie
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Mon Oct 22nd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 3960
Status: 
Offline
The stuff from early 1988 onward was part of the collection Max Andrews Entertainment syndicated that had World Class, the USWA stuff from Dallas, and GWF. However, I think the WWF has that material now. Didn't Foley and Austin matches from the USWA show up along with some GWF matches with Booker T in various compilations on WWE Network?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Sep 29th, 2017 11:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
953rd Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17027
Status: 
Offline
LAF wrote: So only the WCCW in October? They only own it through 1987, so there is not a ton left. And now we are getting into the timeline when Ted Arcidi and Uncle Elmer show up. Good stuff ;)
Thinking that since they have USWA texas on the Network they might have WCCW after 87 to the name change. 

I hope I want to see the Embery vs World Class feud again.  

2nd best feud in the history of Texas. 



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Sep 29th, 2017 11:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
954th Post
LAF



Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4596
Status: 
Offline
Did Vince get it all? I thought the Savoldis owned the footage, hence the shows, PPVs, and DVDs that have come out from that.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Sep 29th, 2017 11:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
955th Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17027
Status: 
Offline
tamalie wrote: The stuff from early 1988 onward was part of the collection Max Andrews Entertainment syndicated that had World Class, the USWA stuff from Dallas, and GWF. However, I think the WWF has that material now. Didn't Foley and Austin matches from the USWA show up along with some GWF matches with Booker T in various compilations on WWE Network?
Yeah they have two shows .. USWA Challenge and GWF: Presents Best of USWA.  They are under Global Wrestling Federation..   If funny that its under that because there are no real GWF shows on the Network.    



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Sep 30th, 2017 11:04 am
  PM Quote Reply
956th Post
Kriss



Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 5872
Status: 
Offline
bpickering wrote: pwinsider.com

PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources that a decision was made to hold off on the WCW Thunder series being added to the WWE Network. We were not able to 100% confirm why but it is likely because of the ongoing legal issues with Buff Bagwell and Scott Levy suing the company regarding the company not paying royalties on WWE Network material for content that talents would receive royalties for if it was released via physical media, such as DVDs. I speculated on this in an article earlier this week and this morning, confirmed the company specifically made a decision to not release Thunder (which is 100% ready to go, we are told) and instead release World Class Championship Wrestling episodes instead. WCCW was already slated to be the October "classic content" and we are told that the Network will be promoting the WCCW drop with an "Everything Bigger in Texas" theme.

Sunday Night Heat, which was slated to be added before the end of the year, is also now on the backburner, we are told.

 


So they have no idea.

Last edited on Sat Sep 30th, 2017 11:05 am by Kriss



____________________
https://www.facebook.com/AmarilloWrestling
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Oct 4th, 2017 05:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
957th Post
srossi
Mr Monday Night!
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 46304
Status: 
Offline
Kriss wrote: bpickering wrote: pwinsider.com

PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources that a decision was made to hold off on the WCW Thunder series being added to the WWE Network. We were not able to 100% confirm why but it is likely because of the ongoing legal issues with Buff Bagwell and Scott Levy suing the company regarding the company not paying royalties on WWE Network material for content that talents would receive royalties for if it was released via physical media, such as DVDs. I speculated on this in an article earlier this week and this morning, confirmed the company specifically made a decision to not release Thunder (which is 100% ready to go, we are told) and instead release World Class Championship Wrestling episodes instead. WCCW was already slated to be the October "classic content" and we are told that the Network will be promoting the WCCW drop with an "Everything Bigger in Texas" theme.

Sunday Night Heat, which was slated to be added before the end of the year, is also now on the backburner, we are told.

 


So they have no idea.

Either way, most of the lawsuit has been withdrawn now.

PWInsider:

Some updates on the lawsuit Scott "Raven" Levy and Marcus "Buff" Bagwell in regard to their allegations that WWE owes them royalties from usage of material featuring their work in matches and segments from WCW and WWE on the WWE Network, allegedly breaching their contracts by failing to pay direct sales royalties as well as WWE allegedly not paying within a 90 day window following the end of each financial quarter.

On 9/29 attorneys representing Bagwell and Levy filed a notice with court that the pair are withdrawing certain claims that they alleged in the most recent version of their lawsuit.

After information was exchanged between the parties, Bagwell and Levy stated that they would not be pursuing claims as a class action on "behalf of individuals who are parties to the following contracts and are part of the following alleged subclasses in this matter: (1) Titan Sports, Inc. d/b/a World Wrestling Federation Booking Contract fromthe signing period of January 1, 1993 until December 31, 1993; and (2) WCW, Inc. Booking Contract from the signing period of March 24, 2001 until January 1, 2004."

The only class Bagwell and Levy are pursuing going forward are individuals who are parties to a WWE Booking Contract from the signing period of January 1, 1999 to until January 1, 2004.

The filing also stated that there would be no class claims on behalf of Bagwell.

There is slated to be a conference call regarding the case on 10/6.

Last edited on Wed Oct 4th, 2017 05:36 pm by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Oct 6th, 2017 06:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
958th Post
srossi
Mr Monday Night!
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 46304
Status: 
Offline
PWInsider is reporting that after uploading World Class, next up will be the original NXT shows when they were the reality show format.  That's not very exciting.

WWE Network is also producing a new documentary-style show called "365" which will focus on a year in the career of one wrestler.  The first subject is Kevin Owens.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Oct 6th, 2017 06:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
959th Post
Kriss



Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 5872
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: PWInsider is reporting that after uploading World Class, next up will be the original NXT shows when they were the reality show format.  That's not very exciting.

With Thunder and Heat being postponed, that's probably the only thing they have that doesn't need to be edited. I think those shows might be a fun watch now.



____________________
https://www.facebook.com/AmarilloWrestling
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Oct 7th, 2017 04:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
960th Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17027
Status: 
Offline
12 episodes of WCCW 1987 went up



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 08:21 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  ...  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > WWE Network Has Begun Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems