WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > The Broken Hardys Are No More

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:    1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
The Broken Hardys Are No More  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Apr 4th, 2017 02:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 41952
Status: 
Offline
Despite the "broken" reference by Cole and tens of thousands of fans losing their minds chanting "Delete", it's obvious after last night's post-Raw show that WWE won't continue with the Broken Hardys gimmick.  When they came out to their old music at WM it was a sign, but it was still unclear because Matt threw in some of his new mannerisms.  Same thing on Raw last night.  They obviously didn't cut a promo either night. 

But on the post-show, Renee Young interviewed them and they were out of character and the old Hardys again.  Renee asked them what they had been doing since leaving WWE (a pretty hilarious question) and Matt said they had literally been all over the world winning every tag team title.  He referenced the "expedition for gold" by name.  He said that expedition is complete now that they have the most prestigious tag titles in wrestling.  Apparently Matt is also about to have another son to go along with King Maxel.

By the way, I had no idea until this weekend, but Senor Benjamin is Reby's father. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 4th, 2017 02:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
martini
Sunny's White Knight


Joined: Fri Aug 13th, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 3351
Status: 
Offline
Thank goodness.



____________________
Shaken, but not stirred.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 4th, 2017 02:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Kriss



Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 5018
Status: 
Offline
martini wrote: Thank goodness.

Fuck off you miserable cunt.

I've seen the Hardys already, when they were younger and better and had better opponents 15 years ago. The Broken Hardys were something new and fresh.



____________________
https://www.facebook.com/AmarilloWrestling
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 4th, 2017 02:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Kriss



Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 5018
Status: 
Offline
This is such a shame. I don't have much interest in the same old Hardys, but in their 40s.

The end of the Broken Universe will probably be my low point for wrestling in 2017.



____________________
https://www.facebook.com/AmarilloWrestling
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 4th, 2017 02:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 41952
Status: 
Offline
Kriss wrote: This is such a shame. I don't have much interest in the same old Hardys, but in their 40s.

They joked that they were now the Hardy Men.  I don't see this run lasting all that long though.  I expect it to be a farewell tour like the Dudleys had and then a legends contract and HOF induction.  If Matt can stay clean, he could wind up with an agent spot like Devon.  He has a great mind for the business obviously. 

Last edited on Tue Apr 4th, 2017 02:59 pm by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 4th, 2017 03:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Superstar



Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 3775
Status: 
Offline
WWE will break the Hardy's again. They somehow seem to think that their audience doesn't understand that the Hardy's were broken and will need to reintroduce them as the regular Hardy's now. Plus, I think they will need the time to get the rights to the gimmick.



____________________
"Harley Race would've bit that kid's cock off and shit it out at a NAMBLA meeting." -srossi, 1-17-11
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 4th, 2017 03:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
martini
Sunny's White Knight


Joined: Fri Aug 13th, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 3351
Status: 
Offline
Kriss wrote: martini wrote: Thank goodness.

Fuck off you miserable cunt.

I've seen the Hardys already, when they were younger and better and had better opponents 15 years ago. The Broken Hardys were something new and fresh.

Ya know what else is new and fresh, a tampon? Doesn't mean, it's something I want to see on my TV.

It was stupid. I mean the six people who watch TNA weekly might have liked it. Half the people in the arena last night chanting it haven't even seen what they were doing. They've only read about it because if they had. Well, there's 1/8 of TNA's total audience there in Orlando.

Stop trying to be some sort of trendy, wrestling hipster. You're this board's equivalent of Alex Wright. No matter how much song and dance you do, you'll never be over or anyone will care when you respond.

You're like Ports, but without the winning personality.



____________________
Shaken, but not stirred.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 4th, 2017 03:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Kriss



Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 5018
Status: 
Offline
martini wrote: Kriss wrote: martini wrote: Thank goodness.

Fuck off you miserable cunt.

I've seen the Hardys already, when they were younger and better and had better opponents 15 years ago. The Broken Hardys were something new and fresh.

Ya know what else is new and fresh, a tampon? Doesn't mean, it's something I want to see on my TV.

It was stupid. I mean the six people who watch TNA weekly might have liked it. Half the people in the arena last night chanting it haven't even seen what they were doing. They've only read about it because if they had. Well, there's 1/8 of TNA's total audience there in Orlando.

Stop trying to be some sort of trendy, wrestling hipster. You're this board's equivalent of Alex Wright. No matter how much song and dance you do, you'll never be over or anyone will care when you respond.

You're like Ports, but without the winning personality.


Who the fuck is Alex Wright?



____________________
https://www.facebook.com/AmarilloWrestling
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 4th, 2017 03:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
indikator



Joined: Fri Jan 23rd, 2009
Location: Bratenwender City, Germany
Posts: 2339
Status: 
Offline
I guess he means you both are a subjects of her majesty the queen who ended up in Germany. Otherwise I have no clue.

Now do another song!



____________________
The Don Owen signature has been retired as the Dean Silverstone book made the point that he was an antisemite. I shall give you a Greatmuta1025 approved Hello Kitty picture instead.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 4th, 2017 03:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, USA
Posts: 15736
Status: 
Offline
You didn't have to watch TNA to see the Broken stuff. Its all on YouTube.

I don't watch TNA. However I seen the Broken stuff and its great.

Like Superstar said Vince thinks his audience knows the Hardy boys but does not know or understand the the broken gimmick.

I am sure also WWE does not want to get in a middle of the lawsuit.

Just because the Broken Gimmick is not on TV that it means that its over.  I see Matt doing videos on his youtube channel in the broken gimmick

Last edited on Tue Apr 4th, 2017 03:30 pm by bpickering



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated Msy 22 2017)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 4th, 2017 03:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 41952
Status: 
Offline
martini wrote: It was stupid. I mean the six people who watch TNA weekly might have liked it. Half the people in the arena last night chanting it haven't even seen what they were doing. They've only read about it because if they had. Well, there's 1/8 of TNA's total audience there in Orlando.


That's just not true.  No one is watching TNA on a weekly basis, but those Hardy vids were huge viral sensations among just about everyone who considers themselves a wrestling fan.  It's a different era and you have a profound lack of understanding of that.  Every single one of those fans who would travel from different states or countries to attend WM absolutely took the 45 minutes or so to watch all the Broken Hardy videos at some point. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 4th, 2017 03:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 41952
Status: 
Offline
bpickering wrote: I am sure also WWE does not want to get in a middle of the lawsuit.
This is probably why, as well as the overall arrogance of Vince not to put something over that he didn't create.  But yes, when you're WWE you have no reason to take even the slightest risk.  Not that they couldn't afford it, but why get involved in the hassle of a lawsuit with a company barely surviving.  Now there are numerous ways to get around any trademark infringements by toning it down.  A watered-down Broken Hardys have been in ROH numerous times now and they worked around anything that could be litigious.  But I can see Vince not wanting to be bothered since I'm sure he doesn't get the appeal in the first place.  It is a shame though, and WWE is missing the boat because the Broken Hardys were legit over whereas the Hardy Boyz are just another nostalgia act that will fizzle in 2 months.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 4th, 2017 03:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
martini
Sunny's White Knight


Joined: Fri Aug 13th, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 3351
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: martini wrote: It was stupid. I mean the six people who watch TNA weekly might have liked it. Half the people in the arena last night chanting it haven't even seen what they were doing. They've only read about it because if they had. Well, there's 1/8 of TNA's total audience there in Orlando.


That's just not true.  No one is watching TNA on a weekly basis, but those Hardy vids were huge viral sensations among just about everyone who considers themselves a wrestling fan.  It's a different era and you have a profound lack of understanding of that.  Every single one of those fans who would travel from different states or countries to attend WM absolutely took the 45 minutes or so to watch all the Broken Hardy videos at some point.

No. It is true. You're wrong on this like you are on everything else. Broken Hardyz suck. Bring back Lita or Michael Hayes as manager.

Last edited on Tue Apr 4th, 2017 03:45 pm by martini



____________________
Shaken, but not stirred.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 4th, 2017 03:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Kriss



Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 5018
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: bpickering wrote: I am sure also WWE does not want to get in a middle of the lawsuit.
This is probably why, as well as the overall arrogance of Vince not to put something over that he didn't create.  But yes, when you're WWE you have no reason to take even the slightest risk.  Not that they couldn't afford it, but why get involved in the hassle of a lawsuit with a company barely surviving.  Now there are numerous ways to get around any trademark infringements by toning it down.  A watered-down Broken Hardys have been in ROH numerous times now and they worked around anything that could be litigious.  But I can see Vince not wanting to be bothered since I'm sure he doesn't get the appeal in the first place.  It is a shame though, and WWE is missing the boat because the Broken Hardys were legit over whereas the Hardy Boyz are just another nostalgia act that will fizzle in 2 months.


*Missing the dilapidated boat.



____________________
https://www.facebook.com/AmarilloWrestling
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 4th, 2017 04:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
LAF



Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4098
Status: 
Offline
The idea that the Broken Hardys became a trendy wrestling thing isn't entire untrue. I remember there being just as much "What the fuck is this? Terrible typical TNA bullshit" at first as people saying it was great. There's a long video with those What Culture assclowns doing this very thing.

Over time, it seems like a lot of that went by the wayside as it became cool to like the gimmick. I thought it was entertaining and funny from the get go, and remember almost feeling in the minority.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 03:47 pm Page:    1  2  3  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > The Broken Hardys Are No More Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems