WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > Rumor: Neville quits WWE

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Rumor: Neville quits WWE  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Oct 11th, 2017 01:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
LAF



Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4437
Status: 
Offline
A lot of talk that Neville walked out last night. Supposedly he was supposed to be the one to face Enzo in the Lumberjack Match last night. He was allegedly supposed to lose this match, did not like it one bit, and left. Kalisto was instead thrown in ahead of the announced TLC match and won the belt. There is a lot of talk that Raw was being re-written on the fly, and this was why.

I guess we will see what happens.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Oct 11th, 2017 01:16 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
victhestick



Joined: Mon Apr 27th, 2009
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
Posts: 2349
Status: 
Offline
What's with the tantrum? Neville was booked as a solid heel champion for most of the year.



____________________
If it's and buts were candy and nuts, Americans would be even fatter.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Oct 11th, 2017 03:47 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 43665
Status: 
Offline
If true, that’s ridiculously short-sighted. Neville was helped more than anyone by the cruiserweight division, but he wasn’t going to be champion forever. After the non-existent push he received for most of his WWE career, I find it hard to believe he would walk out now after a couple of losses. I don’t think anyone is that big a mark anymore.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Oct 11th, 2017 05:44 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Kriss



Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 5281
Status: 
Offline
Neville/Pac was always about the wrestling. I don't think there was anything more he could do in WWE, and even on a show dedicated to Cruiserweights, he wasn't allowed to showcase his flippy-floppy moves. He's probably saved his WWE money, and he can earn good money wrestling only once or twice a week now. Maybe he just wants to go home.



____________________
https://www.facebook.com/AmarilloWrestling
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Oct 11th, 2017 06:58 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
kargol



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Brum, United Kingdom
Posts: 4014
Status: 
Offline
That doesn't make sense, the storyline has been consistent for at least three weeks. As soon as Neville attacked Enzo he could not get a title rematch; as soon as all of the other cruiserweights attacked Enzo none of them could get a title match; in which case the only way to get the title off Enzo was to get someone new in to do so. For once the storyline is logical.

Especially as Neville can now feud with Kalisto and get the belt back - or is now over enough as a heel to go back to the heavyweight roster.

So if he has walked out it would surely be for one of the latter reasons rather than because of the Enzo storyline.



____________________
superfunkymean
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Oct 11th, 2017 01:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, USA
Posts: 16146
Status: 
Online
pwinsider.com

Since Monday's Raw, there has been a persistent rumor that Neville had quit WWE as he did not appear and was originally slated to wrestle Enzo Amore on Raw.

Numerous WWE sources have denied to PWInsider.com that Neville has departed the company.



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated December 10 2017)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Oct 11th, 2017 01:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 43665
Status: 
Offline
Was Neville mentioned last night on 205 Live? If they said his name, he hasn't quit.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Oct 12th, 2017 04:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, USA
Posts: 16146
Status: 
Online
pwinsider.com

A few updates on the Neville-WWE situation:

*There have been reports that Neville walked out of Raw. That is incorrect. He was never on the road this past weekend as he did not work any of the live events and was not backstage, at any point, during Raw this past Monday. Mustafa Ali worked the Raw house shows, wrestling Enzo Amore, replacing Neville, who was originally slated for those shows.

*The original plan for Raw was Neville vs. Enzo Amore, but that was changed late in the day when it became known Neville would not be at the taping (possibly when everyone was made aware he wasn't going to be there), the decision was made to go with Kalisto and put the belt on him as a way to tie him to the legacy of Eddie Guerrero, as it was Guerrero's birthday and he legitimately helped inspire Kalisto to get into professional wrestling.

*According to two different sources, Neville has pushed for a release with the idea of leaving the company and building his name outside of it, similar to what Drew McIntyre did prior to his return to NXT. We have been told there were several factors Neville was unhappy with. One source claimed a souring point was being left off of the Wrestlemania 33 DVD, which meant no royalties from what is traditionally the biggest selling WWE DVD of the year.

*Neville is still under contract to the company and has not been released. It is entirely possible the two sides will come to terms and he will return to the company, but as of right now, we are told he is not factored in any of the current plans for the Cruiserweight division or any other WWE brand and is not slated to travel to any house shows



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated December 10 2017)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Oct 12th, 2017 04:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 915
Status: 
Offline
bpickering wrote: pwinsider.com

A few updates on the Neville-WWE situation:

*There have been reports that Neville walked out of Raw. That is incorrect. He was never on the road this past weekend as he did not work any of the live events and was not backstage, at any point, during Raw this past Monday. Mustafa Ali worked the Raw house shows, wrestling Enzo Amore, replacing Neville, who was originally slated for those shows.

*The original plan for Raw was Neville vs. Enzo Amore, but that was changed late in the day when it became known Neville would not be at the taping (possibly when everyone was made aware he wasn't going to be there), the decision was made to go with Kalisto and put the belt on him as a way to tie him to the legacy of Eddie Guerrero, as it was Guerrero's birthday and he legitimately helped inspire Kalisto to get into professional wrestling.

*According to two different sources, Neville has pushed for a release with the idea of leaving the company and building his name outside of it, similar to what Drew McIntyre did prior to his return to NXT. We have been told there were several factors Neville was unhappy with. One source claimed a souring point was being left off of the Wrestlemania 33 DVD, which meant no royalties from what is traditionally the biggest selling WWE DVD of the year.

*Neville is still under contract to the company and has not been released. It is entirely possible the two sides will come to terms and he will return to the company, but as of right now, we are told he is not factored in any of the current plans for the Cruiserweight division or any other WWE brand and is not slated to travel to any house shows


So to be clear, Neville doesn't have a wellness violation lol.


Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Oct 13th, 2017 11:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 43665
Status: 
Offline
On a related note, Meltzer is reporting that “many” WWE stars have been in touch with Cody Rhodes, and in some cases he’s put them in touch with the Young Bucks, seeking advice on the business side of being an indy wrestler. Cody is reportedly making significantly more on his own then he ever made with WWE and the Bucks are basically making more than anyone in the business not named John Cena. Neville might have been one of those who was inspired by their success, and Meltzer says more are to follow if WWE doesn’t start addressing some pay out grumbles.

Last edited on Fri Oct 13th, 2017 11:53 pm by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Oct 14th, 2017 05:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Matt Farmer

 

Joined: Fri Jun 3rd, 2011
Location: Seattle, Washington USA
Posts: 655
Status: 
Offline
The Bucks are doing great. But there are about a dozen guys in WWE making more than they are making combined.

Not a knock on the Bucks at all, but WWE has many seven figure guys. The Bucks (and Cody) are doing high mid-card level WWE type money which is excellent.



____________________
to email me: inferno4l@hotmail.com
Follow on Twitter: @mattfarmer93
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Oct 14th, 2017 12:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Superstar



Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 4059
Status: 
Offline
Matt Farmer wrote: The Bucks are doing great. But there are about a dozen guys in WWE making more than they are making combined.

Not a knock on the Bucks at all, but WWE has many seven figure guys. The Bucks (and Cody) are doing high mid-card level WWE type money which is excellent.
I don’t care how popular the Bucks are - a tag team won’t make that money in WWE, and WWE would try to split them up after 9 months.  Cody would have the ability to earn seven figures in WWE if given the opportunity.  But he’s never had the opportunity to main Event.  I think both are doing much better where they are than they would with WWE, but I cannot say that other current mid card guys could make their kind of money independently.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Oct 14th, 2017 07:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Matt Farmer

 

Joined: Fri Jun 3rd, 2011
Location: Seattle, Washington USA
Posts: 655
Status: 
Offline
Ask the New Day and they will disagree with you.
But you are right, where the Bucks and Rhodes are at now. They have more control over what they do. 
We see with WWE now there are many guys, especially many of the 205 Live guys who signed very low guarantee contracts and are only working a very limited schedule. They are not making great money. I know a few guys who were extremely happy they made it into the recent WWE video game as they'll get a pretty big pay check out of that (no where near what it was like 8 or 9 years ago).
The WWE system is very strange right now. You have guys working 205 Live that are working maybe once or twice a week, who are probably breaking even on the road. It would be better for them financially to be in NXT where those road expenses are taken care of. 

Last edited on Sat Oct 14th, 2017 07:20 pm by Matt Farmer



____________________
to email me: inferno4l@hotmail.com
Follow on Twitter: @mattfarmer93
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Oct 25th, 2017 03:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 43665
Status: 
Offline
Neville was removed the opening of 205 Live on last night's show.  However, Meltzer has been reporting for a while now that WWE will probably not grant him his release and will make him sit at home for the duration of his contract collecting his fairly modest downside guarantee as punishment for thinking he could leave and make big bucks on the indy scene.  I'm not sure how much longer he has on his deal, but it could be a very long time before you see him anywhere again.   



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Oct 25th, 2017 04:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Kriss



Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 5281
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: Neville was removed the opening of 205 Live on last night's show.  However, Meltzer has been reporting for a while now that WWE will probably not grant him his release and will make him sit at home for the duration of his contract collecting his fairly modest downside guarantee as punishment for thinking he could leave and make big bucks on the indy scene.  I'm not sure how much longer he has on his deal, but it could be a very long time before you see him anywhere again.   
Surely he can give his 90 day notice?

He was featured briefly on Monday night's Ride Along episode, in a spot that could have easily been edited out, for whatever that's worth.



____________________
https://www.facebook.com/AmarilloWrestling
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 05:08 pm Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > Rumor: Neville quits WWE Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems