WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > The "Go Home" Raw before Elimination Chamber

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
The "Go Home" Raw before Elimination Chamber  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Feb 20th, 2018 07:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 1614
Status: 
Offline
While sitting here watching the Gaunlet Match that opened Raw (it will apparently be on until about 2 in the morning at this pace), I started looking at the card for Sunday's Elimination Chamber, and who on the roster will be included on the show.

Since this is the last "Raw only" PPV coming up, I checked the ever-reliable Wikipedia to see what matches have been announced.  To my surprise, there are only 3 matches listed so far, with 2 involving the women. 


We all know the chamber match has Reigns/Cena/Strowman/Rollins/Balor/Elias/Miz


So who is left to fill the rest of the card?


Here are the available men who are not part of a tag team:

Bray Wyatt
Matt Hardy
Goldust
Curt Hawkins
Brock Lesnar (not really)

Here are the guys on the Raw roster who are a part of a tag team:

Cesaro/Sheamus
Titus/Apollo
Gallows/Anderson
Wilder/Dawson
Heath Slater/Rhyno
Bo Dallas/Curtis Axel

These guys are all injured or unavailable:

Big Cass
Big Show
Dean Ambrose
Jason Jordan
Jeff Hardy
Kane (apparently running for office)
R-Truth
Samoa Joe



I find it interesting that Bray Wyatt won this match (and the WWE title) last year, and he can't even get in the match this year.  I guess the roster shake up really didn't do him any favors.

Since they stuck the Intercontinental champion in the chamber as well, I'm assuming they'll be a tag match and perhaps a couple of 205 Live matches to fill this card.


Last edited on Tue Feb 20th, 2018 08:31 am by Boz1515

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Feb 20th, 2018 09:44 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49465
Status: 
Offline
Tonight’s gauntlet match was the longest match in WWE history at about an hour and 50 minutes. Seth Rollins beat Roman Reigns and John Cena before losing to Elias and wrestled for an hour and 5 minutes. Definitely something different for a change on Raw.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Feb 20th, 2018 08:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49465
Status: 
Offline
Boz1515 wrote: Since this is the last "Raw only" PPV coming up, I checked the ever-reliable Wikipedia to see what matches have been announced.  To my surprise, there are only 3 matches listed so far, with 2 involving the women. 

Last night on Raw they announced Wyatt vs. Hardy and The Bar vs. Titus Worldwide for the Tag titles, so that fills out the card.  Considering they're booking 2 elimination chamber matches involving a total of 13 wrestlers, it's not surprising that there would be fewer matches on this card, just like at the Royal Rumble, except this isn't a Big 4 PPV so will likely be an hour shorter. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Feb 21st, 2018 06:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 1614
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: Boz1515 wrote: Since this is the last "Raw only" PPV coming up, I checked the ever-reliable Wikipedia to see what matches have been announced.  To my surprise, there are only 3 matches listed so far, with 2 involving the women. 

Last night on Raw they announced Wyatt vs. Hardy and The Bar vs. Titus Worldwide for the Tag titles, so that fills out the card.  Considering they're booking 2 elimination chamber matches involving a total of 13 wrestlers, it's not surprising that there would be fewer matches on this card, just like at the Royal Rumble, except this isn't a Big 4 PPV so will likely be an hour shorter. 

Yeah, this one should only be 3 hours, but I'd imagine there may be a pre-show.  With the additional matches announced, I'm assuming they will have a pre-show match or two.  I could see The Revival vs. The Club on the pre-show.

I don't know how I feel about the combined PPV's, I'm kinda back and forth on it.  Considering how thin the rosters get with injuries, etc., I can see why they would want to combine them.  On the other hand, if some guys lose their opportunity on those shows that would be too bad.  Sounds like they may all be 4 hours going forward, so I guess there's that.


Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Feb 21st, 2018 07:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 7048
Status: 
Offline
I saw on one of my Facebook feeds that they actually mentioned on RAW the Sammartino vs. Waldo Von Erich match as the previous record holder for longest match in the WW(W)F(E) at 81 minutes. No doubt it was a fabed time but the newspapers did report it as such the next day.



____________________
— The Iron Sheik (@the_ironsheik) October 8, 2009
hello @Paula_Deen you have midget pig dick and dead dog tits I hope I see you I break your fucking fat neck bitch
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Feb 22nd, 2018 12:19 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 3577
Status: 
Offline
Boz1515 wrote: While sitting here watching the Gaunlet Match that opened Raw (it will apparently be on until about 2 in the morning at this pace), I started looking at the card for Sunday's Elimination Chamber, and who on the roster will be included on the show.

Since this is the last "Raw only" PPV coming up, I checked the ever-reliable Wikipedia to see what matches have been announced.  To my surprise, there are only 3 matches listed so far, with 2 involving the women. 


We all know the chamber match has Reigns/Cena/Strowman/Rollins/Balor/Elias/Miz


So who is left to fill the rest of the card?


Here are the available men who are not part of a tag team:

Bray Wyatt
Matt Hardy
Goldust
Curt Hawkins
Brock Lesnar (not really)

Here are the guys on the Raw roster who are a part of a tag team:

Cesaro/Sheamus
Titus/Apollo
Gallows/Anderson
Wilder/Dawson
Heath Slater/Rhyno
Bo Dallas/Curtis Axel

These guys are all injured or unavailable:

Big Cass
Big Show
Dean Ambrose
Jason Jordan
Jeff Hardy
Kane (apparently running for office)
R-Truth
Samoa Joe



I find it interesting that Bray Wyatt won this match (and the WWE title) last year, and he can't even get in the match this year.  I guess the roster shake up really didn't do him any favors.

Since they stuck the Intercontinental champion in the chamber as well, I'm assuming they'll be a tag match and perhaps a couple of 205 Live matches to fill this card.




Looking at this list makes me think that the WWE needs to fire a bunch of people. Everyone on the injured list is meaningless including Ambrose. My 10 year old son makes fun of how fake Ambrose looks in the ring. The Hardy’s are done and Joe looks like a chump. Cut Titus and goldust as well and promote some talent or combine rosters. The WWE doesn’t need to carry so much tired mid card talent. 
Get the belt off Lesnar and let him walk as well. 

Last edited on Thu Feb 22nd, 2018 12:21 am by Franchise



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Feb 22nd, 2018 09:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17808
Status: 
Offline
pwinsider.com

Since the Gauntlet match was held this past Monday on Raw (and especially once the big audience number came in for the show yesterday), we've been asked who was responsible for the match taking place, since the length of the bout and even the presentation of the first two hours of Raw were vastly different from the norm.

That person was Vince McMahon, who we are told was the person who suggested the Gauntlet "out of nowhere", which surprised some since, we are told, he is traditionally not very high on such matches.

From there, the match was laid out and McMahon approved the length and presentation of the show.

So, if you enjoyed it, it was a Vince McMahon call.



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Feb 22nd, 2018 11:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 1614
Status: 
Offline
Perhaps this was the formula:

-No one wants to hear Stephanie
-Angle stumbled around on his promos the previous 2 weeks
-Heyman has nothing to say until after the Elimination Chamber match
-Reigns gets booed mercifully every time he appears

Add those together and you get less mic time and more wrestling.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 05:57 am  
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > The "Go Home" Raw before Elimination Chamber Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems