WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > Strangest Wrester injury

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Strangest Wrester injury  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Jul 10th, 2018 11:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 16781
Status: 
Offline
Blazer wrote: Was it Vader who’s eyeball popped out against Cactus Jack in Germany during a match and he just popped it back in?
It was Vader but against Stan Hanson in Japan. 



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated December 10 2017)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Jul 10th, 2018 12:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
MadFrogVachon

 

Joined: Sun Oct 22nd, 2017
Location:  
Posts: 184
Status: 
Offline
Blazer wrote: MadFrogVachon wrote: The Ultimate Sin wrote: MadFrogVachon wrote: pulled a rubber leg out of his trunks? Somehow you'd think that'd be noticable
Just good camera work, my friend.

Not just the camera but folks at ringside too.  A leg isnt something you can just hide in your trunks, it'd be even more noticeable than Shawn's sock; I suppose he could pretend he was REALLY enjoying his match but ...
I call bullshit on that one.

No, you are bullshit.  The rubber leg is real.  Go back and watch the match.  It is very obvious when Sid makes the switch on the outside. People haven’t seen the entire match in 20 years and don’t want to admit they missed this when it originally aired.  Why would Sid want to jump off the ropes like that unless they had an injury angle planned? He had never done that move before in his career.  A human leg wouldn’t bend like that anyway.  


Don't take it personally, bro.  I'm not insulting you and I'd appreciate the same consideration.  I don't believe the ridiculous idea that he had a rubber leg because there's no way to do that legit.  Where is his real leg at the time this whole thing was happening then?  In his trunks???

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Jul 11th, 2018 07:05 am
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 9590
Status: 
Offline
MadFrogVachon wrote: Blazer wrote: MadFrogVachon wrote: The Ultimate Sin wrote: MadFrogVachon wrote: pulled a rubber leg out of his trunks? Somehow you'd think that'd be noticable
Just good camera work, my friend.

Not just the camera but folks at ringside too.  A leg isnt something you can just hide in your trunks, it'd be even more noticeable than Shawn's sock; I suppose he could pretend he was REALLY enjoying his match but ...
I call bullshit on that one.

No, you are bullshit.  The rubber leg is real.  Go back and watch the match.  It is very obvious when Sid makes the switch on the outside. People haven’t seen the entire match in 20 years and don’t want to admit they missed this when it originally aired.  Why would Sid want to jump off the ropes like that unless they had an injury angle planned? He had never done that move before in his career.  A human leg wouldn’t bend like that anyway.  


Don't take it personally, bro.  I'm not insulting you and I'd appreciate the same consideration.  I don't believe the ridiculous idea that he had a rubber leg because there's no way to do that legit.  Where is his real leg at the time this whole thing was happening then?  In his trunks???

Oh for fucks sake, how could you remove your actual leg and hide it in your trunks?
He just bent it at the knee so you couldn't see it and they kept the camera angle from the front.



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Jul 11th, 2018 12:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
MadFrogVachon

 

Joined: Sun Oct 22nd, 2017
Location:  
Posts: 184
Status: 
Offline
Oh for fucks sake, like that wouldnt have been seen by the folks at ringside and the whole angle exposed right away rather several years after the fact.
He broke his leg.  End of story

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Jul 11th, 2018 02:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
Married Jo



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 6476
Status: 
Offline
The Ultimate Sin wrote: MadFrogVachon wrote: Blazer wrote: MadFrogVachon wrote: The Ultimate Sin wrote: MadFrogVachon wrote: pulled a rubber leg out of his trunks? Somehow you'd think that'd be noticable
Just good camera work, my friend.

Not just the camera but folks at ringside too.  A leg isnt something you can just hide in your trunks, it'd be even more noticeable than Shawn's sock; I suppose he could pretend he was REALLY enjoying his match but ...
I call bullshit on that one.

No, you are bullshit.  The rubber leg is real.  Go back and watch the match.  It is very obvious when Sid makes the switch on the outside. People haven’t seen the entire match in 20 years and don’t want to admit they missed this when it originally aired.  Why would Sid want to jump off the ropes like that unless they had an injury angle planned? He had never done that move before in his career.  A human leg wouldn’t bend like that anyway.  


Don't take it personally, bro.  I'm not insulting you and I'd appreciate the same consideration.  I don't believe the ridiculous idea that he had a rubber leg because there's no way to do that legit.  Where is his real leg at the time this whole thing was happening then?  In his trunks???

Oh for fucks sake, how could you remove your actual leg and hide it in your trunks?
He just bent it at the knee so you couldn't see it and they kept the camera angle from the front.

Yep. He taped it down some too, like how they used to tape the razor to do a blade job...Meltzer has confirmed the rubber leg angle many times...



____________________
Well, Im of the opinion that one wouldnt actually have to eat the corn out of Chynas shit to know that nothing good could come of it. - Portalesman
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Jul 11th, 2018 02:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
Superstar
2018 Poster of the Year


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Isle Of, Malta
Posts: 4533
Status: 
Offline
It's a shame that Bud Carson's shop closed this past year because he had the rubber leg on display in the back corner of his shop.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Jul 11th, 2018 02:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
srossi
Mr Monday Night!
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 45689
Status: 
Offline
Married Jo wrote: The Ultimate Sin wrote: MadFrogVachon wrote: Blazer wrote: MadFrogVachon wrote: The Ultimate Sin wrote: MadFrogVachon wrote: pulled a rubber leg out of his trunks? Somehow you'd think that'd be noticable
Just good camera work, my friend.

Not just the camera but folks at ringside too.  A leg isnt something you can just hide in your trunks, it'd be even more noticeable than Shawn's sock; I suppose he could pretend he was REALLY enjoying his match but ...
I call bullshit on that one.

No, you are bullshit.  The rubber leg is real.  Go back and watch the match.  It is very obvious when Sid makes the switch on the outside. People haven’t seen the entire match in 20 years and don’t want to admit they missed this when it originally aired.  Why would Sid want to jump off the ropes like that unless they had an injury angle planned? He had never done that move before in his career.  A human leg wouldn’t bend like that anyway.  


Don't take it personally, bro.  I'm not insulting you and I'd appreciate the same consideration.  I don't believe the ridiculous idea that he had a rubber leg because there's no way to do that legit.  Where is his real leg at the time this whole thing was happening then?  In his trunks???

Oh for fucks sake, how could you remove your actual leg and hide it in your trunks?
He just bent it at the knee so you couldn't see it and they kept the camera angle from the front.

Yep. He taped it down some too, like how they used to tape the razor to do a blade job...Meltzer has confirmed the rubber leg angle many times...

Is there any truth to the rumor that the foot at the end of that rubber leg was once Kerry von Erich's prosthetic?



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Jul 11th, 2018 03:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
Superstar
2018 Poster of the Year


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Isle Of, Malta
Posts: 4533
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: Is there any truth to the rumor that the foot at the end of that rubber leg was once Kerry von Erich's prosthetic? Not the foot - just the shoe.  Kerry had a closet full of pristine right shoes.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Jul 11th, 2018 03:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
39th Post
The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 9590
Status: 
Offline
Superstar wrote: srossi wrote: Is there any truth to the rumor that the foot at the end of that rubber leg was once Kerry von Erich's prosthetic? Not the foot - just the shoe.  Kerry had a closet full of pristine right shoes.
Correct- the shoe was a "wink wink" thank you to Kerry who helped him early on.  Maybe during his Lord Humongous days.



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Jul 11th, 2018 05:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
40th Post
srossi
Mr Monday Night!
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 45689
Status: 
Offline
The Ultimate Sin wrote: Superstar wrote: srossi wrote: Is there any truth to the rumor that the foot at the end of that rubber leg was once Kerry von Erich's prosthetic? Not the foot - just the shoe.  Kerry had a closet full of pristine right shoes.
Correct- the shoe was a "wink wink" thank you to Kerry who helped him early on.  Maybe during his Lord Humongous days.

You guys are a wealth of knowledge.  CM doesn't even know this shit.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Jul 11th, 2018 05:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
41st Post
Superstar
2018 Poster of the Year


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Isle Of, Malta
Posts: 4533
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: The Ultimate Sin wrote: Superstar wrote: srossi wrote: Is there any truth to the rumor that the foot at the end of that rubber leg was once Kerry von Erich's prosthetic? Not the foot - just the shoe.  Kerry had a closet full of pristine right shoes. Correct- the shoe was a "wink wink" thank you to Kerry who helped him early on.  Maybe during his Lord Humongous days. You guys are a wealth of knowledge.  CM doesn't even know this shit. It has nothing to do with Loo Thez or Jak Brisco so why would he know about it?  He SWEARS the whole rubber leg angle was done first  in a Thez vs Ray Gunkle match in '66 and again in a Thez vs Ann Gunkle "match" in '75



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Jul 11th, 2018 07:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
42nd Post
Blazer
Mr Baseball


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 5093
Status: 
Offline
Superstar wrote: srossi wrote: The Ultimate Sin wrote: Superstar wrote: srossi wrote: Is there any truth to the rumor that the foot at the end of that rubber leg was once Kerry von Erich's prosthetic? Not the foot - just the shoe.  Kerry had a closet full of pristine right shoes. Correct- the shoe was a "wink wink" thank you to Kerry who helped him early on.  Maybe during his Lord Humongous days. You guys are a wealth of knowledge.  CM doesn't even know this shit. It has nothing to do with Loo Thez or Jak Brisco so why would he know about it?  He SWEARS the whole rubber leg angle was done first  in a Thez vs Ray Gunkle match in '66 and again in a Thez vs Ann Gunkle "match" in '75
Apparently there is some credence to the Thez vs Ann “match”.  Kinda one of those hush hush old timey rasslin rumors, but Ann was able to stuff the entire rubber leg up her ass to hide it.  No idea how she did it. Dives into the whole Ann/Bobo Brazil rumor, but that’s for another thread.



____________________
"Well, maybe I like the nightlife just a little bit more than I like the damn gym, jack! And when you're makin' $500,000 a year, there ain't no reason to change what you're doing." - Dusty Rhodes, 1/4/1986
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Jul 11th, 2018 09:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
43rd Post
broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 2911
Status: 
Offline
Tommy Young getting injured by Tommy Rich



____________________
Comic Saaaaaannnsss
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Jul 12th, 2018 01:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
44th Post
Superstar
2018 Poster of the Year


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Isle Of, Malta
Posts: 4533
Status: 
Offline
broke wrote: Tommy Young getting injured by Tommy Rich
This never happened -  it was the excuse needed for Tommy Young to collect on his Floyd's of London, OH insurance policy.  He should have just been wearing the rubber leg that Dusty developed for him as it would've been easier to prove to Floyd's.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Jul 12th, 2018 02:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
45th Post
Married Jo



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 6476
Status: 
Offline


Tommy Younggggggggg....get over here! And bring your rubber leg....



____________________
Well, Im of the opinion that one wouldnt actually have to eat the corn out of Chynas shit to know that nothing good could come of it. - Portalesman
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 09:05 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3     
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > Strangest Wrester injury Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems