WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > WWE Addresses Record Low Ratings in Opening Segment

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
WWE Addresses Record Low Ratings in Opening Segment  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Dec 18th, 2018 04:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: D-ville
Posts: 2886
Status: 
Offline
I watched the women’s gauntlet match tonight; not my favorite match ever but it was entertaining enough and it was just wrestling for almost an hour which was nice.



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Dec 18th, 2018 04:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 47072
Status: 
Offline
Franchise wrote:I watched the women’s gauntlet match tonight; not my favorite match ever but it was entertaining enough and it was just wrestling for almost an hour which was nice.
Yeah that was a clear nod to the “wrestling” fans, as was putting over The Revival. It’s not like this show was a home run by any means though. You can see that in Vince’s world, he was trying though. 

Last edited on Tue Dec 18th, 2018 04:26 pm by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Dec 18th, 2018 04:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: D-ville
Posts: 2886
Status: 
Offline
If They make the last hour the wrestling hour going forward I’ll make sure I watch it but I won’t hold my breath.



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Dec 18th, 2018 04:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6608
Status: 
Offline
What is wrong isn't a secret. The show sucks. It is like watching a 3rd rate comedy now.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Dec 18th, 2018 04:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: D-ville
Posts: 2886
Status: 
Offline
Ultimark wrote: What is wrong isn't a secret. The show sucks. It is like watching a 3rd rate comedy now.
I know it’s apples to oranges but I started watching the mid south run on the network and even though it’s not totally my cup of tea I enjoy it because it’s just wrestling with the announcers tying the logic together. Nobody is trying to be funny or against the grain it’s just straight forward wrestling. 



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Dec 18th, 2018 04:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 1312
Status: 
Offline
While there are many things that aren't turning the fans on, what amazes me is how those 4 (Vince, Hunter, Stephanie, Shane) have let some of this happen and assumed it would be well received.
For instance (and there are countless examples), right now they have exactly 2 people in the World Title scene on Raw:  Brock Lesnar and Braun Strowman.  Problem is, Brock just squashed him and has already beaten him at least twice.
There is no one else.  It appeared that McIntyre was coming along, but then they beat him with a cruiser weight, and he has lost twice in the last 2 weeks.  They can bring Kevin Owens back, but they let Braun make him look like a jobber right before he left tv.  
The 50/50 booking makes the product really boring in my opinion.

Last edited on Tue Dec 18th, 2018 04:41 pm by Boz1515

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Dec 18th, 2018 04:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
Superstar
2018 Poster of the Year


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Isle Of, Malta
Posts: 4890
Status: 
Offline
Boz1515 wrote: While there are many things that aren't turning the fans on, what amazes me is how those 4 (Vince, Hunter, Stephanie, Shane) have let some of this happen and assumed it would be well received.
For instance (and there are countless examples), right now they have exactly 2 people in the World Title scene on Raw:  Brock Lesnar and Braun Strowman.  Problem is, Brock just squashed him and has already beaten him at least twice.
There is no one else.  It appeared that McIntyre was coming along, but then they beat him with a cruiser weight, and he has lost twice in the last 2 weeks.  They can bring Kevin Owens back, but they let Braun make him look like a jobber right before he left tv.  
The 50/50 booking makes the product really boring in my opinion.
I can agree with all of this except one part - I doubt most fans will remember Kevin Owens taking a beatdown by Braun because they'll be happy to have him back.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Dec 18th, 2018 04:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: D-ville
Posts: 2886
Status: 
Offline
I don’t know they really made Owens looks like shit for awhile, the lame head butt thing with Vince, needing help to beat Shane and then being such a scared cry baby with Braun I think he is ruined unless they do an angle where they build him up and he faces his fears and battles Braun in a straight forward match and he can get a clean win over Shane.



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Dec 18th, 2018 05:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 3051
Status: 
Offline
They're too scared to pull the trigger and elevate someone when they get hot. They missed the boat with Drew.

Big problem in my opinion is that they're obsessed with "Wrestlemania Moments" and want all of the big title wins to be at Wrestlemania. If a guy is red hot in September, that's 6 months they can cool him down and alienate the fans in the meantime.



____________________
Comic Saaaaaannnsss
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Dec 18th, 2018 05:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 47072
Status: 
Offline
After the push Drew was getting, I was just floored when he lost to Balor, and now is stuck in a 3-way feud with him and Ziggler. Ziggler is the worst booked wrester in WWE history. I have never seen anyone get as much TV time as him over the course of a decade while being completely directionless.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Dec 18th, 2018 05:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
Superstar
2018 Poster of the Year


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Isle Of, Malta
Posts: 4890
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: After the push Drew was getting, I was just floored when he lost to Balor, and now is stuck in a 3-way feud with him and Ziggler. Ziggler is the worst booked wrester in WWE history. I have never seen anyone get as much TV time as him over the course of a decade while being completely directionless.Drew and Ziggler have been consistently good - Drew since he came back, and Ziggler for about the past eight years.  Balor, in the limited time I've seen him, hasn't (in my opinion) regained the momentum he had going into and winning the Universal title.  Honestly, I think his shoulder injury in that match really ruined him because WWE was pushing him to the moon and he got hurt immediately.  They don't usually come back and push you to the moon again unless you are one of Vince's guys.  Balor is an HHH guy.  Ziggler should be getting a little bit more for all the good he's done.  But he also screwed up his shot when he won Big Gold and got hurt almost immediately.  I understand you cannot plan for injuries but when they happen and you are on top the WWE doesn't seem to ever let you get completely on top again unless you are one of the top guys in Vince's eyes.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Dec 18th, 2018 06:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 47072
Status: 
Offline
Superstar wrote: srossi wrote: After the push Drew was getting, I was just floored when he lost to Balor, and now is stuck in a 3-way feud with him and Ziggler. Ziggler is the worst booked wrester in WWE history. I have never seen anyone get as much TV time as him over the course of a decade while being completely directionless.Drew and Ziggler have been consistently good - Drew since he came back, and Ziggler for about the past eight years.  Balor, in the limited time I've seen him, hasn't (in my opinion) regained the momentum he had going into and winning the Universal title.  Honestly, I think his shoulder injury in that match really ruined him because WWE was pushing him to the moon and he got hurt immediately.  They don't usually come back and push you to the moon again unless you are one of Vince's guys.  Balor is an HHH guy.  Ziggler should be getting a little bit more for all the good he's done.  But he also screwed up his shot when he won Big Gold and got hurt almost immediately.  I understand you cannot plan for injuries but when they happen and you are on top the WWE doesn't seem to ever let you get completely on top again unless you are one of the top guys in Vince's eyes.

Balor really hasn't been getting pushed though that hard since coming back from injury, which makes McIntyre jobbing to him even all the more puzzling.  It's not like they were protecting Balor when he was getting squashed by Strowman on a weekly basis.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Dec 18th, 2018 06:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
Married Jo



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 6579
Status: 
Offline
Finn Balor comes out there and looks like a 5th grader who's parent's can't afford to pay for his school lunch. He literally makes the 205 live guys look huge. Unless he's coming out as the Demon character I don't get why people fawn over him..



____________________
Well, Im of the opinion that one wouldnt actually have to eat the corn out of Chynas shit to know that nothing good could come of it. - Portalesman
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Dec 19th, 2018 03:12 am
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 47072
Status: 
Offline
The supposed shake-up continued on Smackdown as Paige was also relieved of her GM duties and Vince made a very rare appearance on this show to confront Becky Lynch.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Dec 19th, 2018 01:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 47072
Status: 
Offline
For those that didn't see it, Mustafa Ali pinned WWE champion Daniel Bryan last night.  This is what drives me crazy about WWE.  For 3 years they don't push anyone new, then they panic and take a guy that 95% of WWE fans have probably never seen before and strap a rocket to him in 2 weeks.  Why not build him up slowly, air some vignettes, give him so mic time, so that fans can take him seriously?  And was anyone clamoring for Daniel Bryan to be the victim of the shake-up?

PWInsider:

Paige is officially out as the Smackdown General Manager, as revealed in the opening segment on Smackdown Live.  It was a creative decision related to the company's move to eliminate the GM role from their TV shows.  We are told she will be transitioned into a new role, although what that may be has not been finalized.  I wouldn't be shocked to see her used on Kickoff panels and in a similar roles as there were high marks for her for previous appearances.  She was really well liked in the GM role as well.

Mustafa Ali has been officially moved from 205 Live to the Smackdown roster, effective immediately.  Adam Pearce, who helps oversees 205 Live, commented on Twitter:
Hey @MustafaAliWWE, I’m proud of you.#205Live to #SDLive
— Adam Pearce (@ScrapDaddyAP) December 19, 2018

Last edited on Wed Dec 19th, 2018 01:58 pm by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 08:12 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > WWE Addresses Record Low Ratings in Opening Segment Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems