WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
It is official  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Jan 9th, 2019 01:21 am
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20519
Status: 
Offline
Chris Jericho, MJF , CIMA & his stable called STRONGHEARTS have all signed with AEW. PAC showed up, confronting Hangman Page.



____________________

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Jan 9th, 2019 02:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 47015
Status: 
Offline
This went about as well as it could’ve gone. A couple of decent surprises in PAC and CIMA and a lot of names that you knew would be involved based on All In like MJF and Janela, who are good young talents who deserve a shot. They got to end with Jericho, and still have Omega in their back pocket to be the big guest at a future rally or show. They can also have JR and there’s likely someone like Goldberg waiting too who will take the money for a few matches and give them added publicity. They can keep interest high for months to come.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Jan 9th, 2019 03:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
BuddyPSHayes



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Anywhere I Damn Well Please
Posts: 3763
Status: 
Offline
Anyone wearing AEW paraphernalia was denied admission to Smackdown in Jacksonville.



____________________


"The only area I can think of to avoid in Houston is Houston." - srossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Jan 9th, 2019 03:21 am
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 47015
Status: 
Offline
Also Billy Gunn has been announced as an agent. He and his son both wrestled in the battle royal at All In so this isn’t a surprise, and there is little doubt his son is part of the package and will be signing with the company if he hasn’t already.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Jan 9th, 2019 09:24 am
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
Kriss



Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6115
Status: 
Offline
BuddyPSHayes wrote: Anyone wearing AEW paraphernalia was denied admission to Smackdown in Jacksonville.

They were told they would have to change out of their AEW T-shirts before they came in. That's not quite the same thing. This is good. It means that WWE are taking them seriously. Hasn't this always been the case? I doubt you could have worn a TNA T-shirt at a WWE TV taping either.

There is also some question as to this being the case. Some fans saying they had no problems until a bunch of guys wearing AEW shirts started being dicks and were eventually removed after being told to calm down.

Last edited on Wed Jan 9th, 2019 09:29 am by Kriss



____________________
https://www.facebook.com/AmarilloWrestling
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Jan 9th, 2019 09:27 am
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
Kriss



Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6115
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: Also Billy Gunn has been announced as an agent. He and his son both wrestled in the battle royal at All In so this isn’t a surprise, and there is little doubt his son is part of the package and will be signing with the company if he hasn’t already.

"None of that fancy shit tonight guys. Catchphrase. Punch. Kick. Finisher. Catchphrase again. Get out of there."

Last edited on Wed Jan 9th, 2019 09:27 am by Kriss



____________________
https://www.facebook.com/AmarilloWrestling
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Jan 9th, 2019 12:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17266
Status: 
Offline
Kriss wrote: BuddyPSHayes wrote: Anyone wearing AEW paraphernalia was denied admission to Smackdown in Jacksonville.

They were told they would have to change out of their AEW T-shirts before they came in. That's not quite the same thing. This is good. It means that WWE are taking them seriously. Hasn't this always been the case? I doubt you could have worn a TNA T-shirt at a WWE TV taping either.

There is also some question as to this being the case. Some fans saying they had no problems until a bunch of guys wearing AEW shirts started being dicks and were eventually removed after being told to calm down.

 it's basically a publicity stunt by a couple of PWTees employees. There's a pic of someone wearing an AEW shirt in the crowd and during the opening segment someone wearing the new Young Bucks shirt is visible for several seconds



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Jan 9th, 2019 02:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 47015
Status: 
Offline
Kriss wrote: BuddyPSHayes wrote: Anyone wearing AEW paraphernalia was denied admission to Smackdown in Jacksonville.

They were told they would have to change out of their AEW T-shirts before they came in. That's not quite the same thing. This is good. It means that WWE are taking them seriously. Hasn't this always been the case? I doubt you could have worn a TNA T-shirt at a WWE TV taping either.

There is also some question as to this being the case. Some fans saying they had no problems until a bunch of guys wearing AEW shirts started being dicks and were eventually removed after being told to calm down.

Well they certainly have no problem allowing Bullet Club T-shirts.  About half the fans they show close-ups of for the past 2 years are wearing them.  That's always amazed me a little bit.  I mean they routinely zoom in TIGHT on those BC shirts as if Vince is personally getting a royalty for every one sold.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Jan 9th, 2019 02:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
39th Post
Kriss



Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6115
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: Kriss wrote: BuddyPSHayes wrote: Anyone wearing AEW paraphernalia was denied admission to Smackdown in Jacksonville.

They were told they would have to change out of their AEW T-shirts before they came in. That's not quite the same thing. This is good. It means that WWE are taking them seriously. Hasn't this always been the case? I doubt you could have worn a TNA T-shirt at a WWE TV taping either.

There is also some question as to this being the case. Some fans saying they had no problems until a bunch of guys wearing AEW shirts started being dicks and were eventually removed after being told to calm down.

Well they certainly have no problem allowing Bullet Club T-shirts.  About half the fans they show close-ups of for the past 2 years are wearing them.  That's always amazed me a little bit.  I mean they routinely zoom in TIGHT on those BC shirts as if Vince is personally getting a royalty for every one sold.


I wouldn't be surprised if Beaver-Teeth thinks they are Balor Club T-shirts.



____________________
https://www.facebook.com/AmarilloWrestling
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Jan 9th, 2019 02:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
40th Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17266
Status: 
Offline
Question:

Would NJPW/ROH had still sold out MSG if fans Knew Bucks, Cody, Omega were leaving? Sure there were rumors at the time they went they went on sale. But nothing for sure at that time.

Last edited on Wed Jan 9th, 2019 02:21 pm by bpickering



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Jan 9th, 2019 02:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
41st Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 47015
Status: 
Offline
bpickering wrote: Question:

Would NJPW/ROH had still sold out MSG if fans Knew Bucks, Cody, Omega were leaving? Sure there were rumors at the time they went they went on sale. But nothing for sure at that time.

For the novelty of a first MSG show during WM weekend, yeah, I definitely think so.  Wrestling fans from all over the world will be in town and aside from loving ROH and NJPW, I'm sure many tourists would love to say that they saw any wrestling period at the World's Most Famous Arena.  If I was on vacation in Tokyo, I'd watch a midget show at the Tokyo Dome or Korakuen Hall just to say I was there.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Jan 9th, 2019 02:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
42nd Post
Kriss



Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6115
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: bpickering wrote: Question:

Would NJPW/ROH had still sold out MSG if fans Knew Bucks, Cody, Omega were leaving? Sure there were rumors at the time they went they went on sale. But nothing for sure at that time.

For the novelty of a first MSG show during WM weekend, yeah, I definitely think so.  Wrestling fans from all over the world will be in town and aside from loving ROH and NJPW, I'm sure many tourists would love to say that they saw any wrestling period at the World's Most Famous Arena.  If I was on vacation in Tokyo, I'd watch a midget show at the Tokyo Dome or Korakuen Hall just to say I was there.


It's an interesting question, bit we can only guess at the answer. I would guess it probably would have sold out, but it may have taken longer. Some people may have waited for the card to be announced first. Who's to say that AEW won't be involved? It would be win-win for all concerned.



____________________
https://www.facebook.com/AmarilloWrestling
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Jan 9th, 2019 02:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
43rd Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 47015
Status: 
Offline
Kriss wrote: srossi wrote: bpickering wrote: Question:

Would NJPW/ROH had still sold out MSG if fans Knew Bucks, Cody, Omega were leaving? Sure there were rumors at the time they went they went on sale. But nothing for sure at that time.

For the novelty of a first MSG show during WM weekend, yeah, I definitely think so.  Wrestling fans from all over the world will be in town and aside from loving ROH and NJPW, I'm sure many tourists would love to say that they saw any wrestling period at the World's Most Famous Arena.  If I was on vacation in Tokyo, I'd watch a midget show at the Tokyo Dome or Korakuen Hall just to say I was there.


It's an interesting question, bit we can only guess at the answer. I would guess it probably would have sold out, but it may have taken longer. Some people may have waited for the card to be announced first. Who's to say that AEW won't be involved? It would be win-win for all concerned.

I can see ROH and NJPW not wanting them there if negotiations have fallen through for them to continue to share talent, or if they will only get AEW talent for very limited dates.  On their biggest stage, they should promote their own guys of course.  In fact they desperately need to given the massive talent turnover in both companies the past month.  But I do hope all 3 companies can work together closely in the future.  Indy wars make no sense to me.     



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Jan 9th, 2019 06:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
44th Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17266
Status: 
Offline
Some more details regarding AEW that weren't talked about at the rally:

-Chris Jerichos contract is non exclusive and that Jericho will still be able to work with New Japan and also continue doing his cruise
-Cody says that anyone who gets hurt in AEW will be covered
-The Khans are hoping health insurance will convince other wrestlers to be with AEW full time
-Joey Janela is still allowed to do Spring Break shows
-Two TV deals are on the table and that they will be looked at after Double or Nothing
-The main rumored tv deal is with TNT or TBS
-AEW rumored to start off with taped shows
-Tony Khan is looking to have favorable schedules for talent because he doesnt want to run his guys into the ground with too many dates or a hectic schedule
-The following rumored(key word there) partnerships for AEW are; PWG, Wrestle-1, DDT and AAA

SOURCES: F4WOnline, @KShawnng, Pro Wrestling Sheet and WON



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Jan 9th, 2019 07:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
45th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: D-ville
Posts: 2877
Status: 
Offline
I don’t know much about Wrestle-1 or DDT but after a quick glance at their roster they don’t seem very impressive but none the less I’m glad to see that they may be breaking away and not working with ROH and NJPW. That should keep some of the staleness away.



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 11:47 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > It is official Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems