WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:    1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
RIP: King Kong Bundy  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Mar 5th, 2019 04:36 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location:  
Posts: 614
Status: 
Offline
Reported but not confirmed yet, hopefully a hoax.




____________________
My old man use to tell me before he left this world, "The right woman can make you...and the wrong woman can break you."
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Mar 5th, 2019 04:53 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location:  
Posts: 614
Status: 
Offline
Confirmed Now. RIP King Kong Bundy, I loved him as a monster heel from 1983-1987.


http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/king-kong-bundy-dead-dies/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=king-kong-bundy-dead-dies



____________________
My old man use to tell me before he left this world, "The right woman can make you...and the wrong woman can break you."
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Mar 5th, 2019 07:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 40344
Status: 
Offline
RIP

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Mar 5th, 2019 10:41 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 15198
Status: 
Offline
Wow. I don't think he was that old. RIP.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Mar 5th, 2019 11:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
chrob61



Joined: Thu Nov 18th, 2010
Location: Michigan USA
Posts: 1986
Status: 
Offline
RIP

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Mar 5th, 2019 12:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
the squared circle



Joined: Thu Feb 21st, 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7640
Status: 
Offline
Rest in peace King Kong Bundy 😞

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Mar 5th, 2019 12:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 1388
Status: 
Offline
Another guy they waited too long on.  He should have already been in the HOF.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Mar 5th, 2019 12:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
cookie32723



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 2876
Status: 
Offline
Boz1515 wrote: Another guy they waited too long on.  He should have already been in the HOF.

Definitely. RIP big guy. 



____________________
If data, science, and logic offends someone, then they probably need to be offended.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Mar 5th, 2019 12:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
lobo316
Mr Baseball


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New Capital For Suplex City
Posts: 42633
Status: 
Offline
Bundy with hair
RIP




Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Mar 5th, 2019 01:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
One Fan Gang



Joined: Wed Apr 22nd, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 4427
Status: 
Offline
Earlier yesterday just before the announcement, I was reading an old newsletter that said Bundy, who was wrestling as Chris Canyon around 1981, had a brother who worked the Allentown and Hamburg TV tapings at the same time, wrestling as Jack Carson. I don't remember Carson showing up in results very often aside from this brief time. The blurb said that they owned a Tavern somewhere in New Jersey together. Perhaps Carson went back to that business and left wrestling. Something to look for in subsequent obituaries I guess.

EDIT- I just watched the first match on that Video Vault tribute where The Moondogs faced the team of Canyon and Carson and you can see a resemblance, Plus Carson is billed from Atlantic City.  Maybe Larry Sharpe gave a two-for-one special and trained the brothers at the same time.

Last edited on Tue Mar 5th, 2019 02:36 pm by One Fan Gang

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Mar 5th, 2019 01:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 47499
Status: 
Offline
I loved the 5-count gimmick when I was a kid. I considered him the real deal when it came to monster big men, moreso than Studd, Kamala, Khan, and the host of heels who were fed to Hogan and Andre. The WMII main event wasn't exactly memorable, but some of the build up to it was pretty good.  And his guest starring spots as a member of the Bundy family on "Married...With Children" were great.   R.I.P.

Last edited on Tue Mar 5th, 2019 02:02 pm by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Mar 5th, 2019 02:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
GregOliver

 

Joined: Fri Aug 22nd, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 225
Status: 
Offline
From my obit
"How I got into wrestling was by a fluke," Bundy explained in a 2003 interview with SLAM! Wrestling. "My brother was an elementary phys ed. teacher, and one of his students was the daughter of Dick Woehrle, who was a WWF referee. So my brother asked her if her father could get him some tickets to wrestling. Well somehow Dick got the message that my brother wanted to be a wrestler, picked up the phone book, and called me instead by mistake. I was around 23, just kind of drifting aimlessly at the time, and figured why not give it a shot."
The 6-foot-4, 460-pound beast trained with Larry Sharpe in his home state, before Sharpe had opened the Monster Factory gym; the success early of Paillies as Chris Canyon and Chris Cannon helped put Sharpe on the mat as a trainer.
So it could be his brother

One Fan Gang wrote: Earlier yesterday just before the announcement, I was reading an old newsletter that said Bundy, who was wrestling as Chris Canyon around 1981, had a brother who worked the Allentown and Hamburg TV tapings at the same time, wrestling as Jack Carson. I don't remember Carson showing up in results very often aside from this brief time. The blurb said that they owned a Tavern somewhere in New Jersey together. Perhaps Carson went back to that business and left wrestling. Something to look for in subsequent obituaries I guess.

EDIT- I just watched the first match on that Video Vault tribute where The Moondogs faced the team of Canyon and Carson and you can see a resemblance, Plus Carson is billed from Atlantic City.  Maybe Larry Sharpe gave a two-for-one special and trained the brothers at the same time.

Here's the link to my obit:http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Wrestling/2019/03/05/22793720.html

Last edited on Tue Mar 5th, 2019 02:50 pm by GregOliver

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Mar 5th, 2019 03:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Superstar
2018 Poster of the Year


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Isle Of, Malta
Posts: 5063
Status: 
Online
Was surprised by this today, but in reality I'm not. I've seen a little bit of Bundy online the past five years or so, and he just didn't look healthy. I attributed it to aging, and carrying the extra lbs. But facially, he's looked even more gaunt and sick it seems every time I see photos or videos of an appearance. I'm not surprised he was 61, I was thinking he was closer to 70 as even though he was young when he fought Fritz in the Cotton Bowl, I never would have believed that Fritz would hitch his wagon to a guy that basically broke into the business a year earlier.

I hated Bundy. Which means he was one helluva talent - it was his job to make me hate him. Rest in Peace and I hope one of the current talents does a five count in his honor on maybe the PPV this weekend or possibly Raw on Monday.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Mar 5th, 2019 05:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20613
Status: 
Offline
GregOliver wrote: From my obit
"How I got into wrestling was by a fluke," Bundy explained in a 2003 interview with SLAM! Wrestling. "My brother was an elementary phys ed. teacher, and one of his students was the daughter of Dick Woehrle, who was a WWF referee. So my brother asked her if her father could get him some tickets to wrestling. Well somehow Dick got the message that my brother wanted to be a wrestler, picked up the phone book, and called me instead by mistake. I was around 23, just kind of drifting aimlessly at the time, and figured why not give it a shot."
The 6-foot-4, 460-pound beast trained with Larry Sharpe in his home state, before Sharpe had opened the Monster Factory gym; the success early of Paillies as Chris Canyon and Chris Cannon helped put Sharpe on the mat as a trainer.
So it could be his brother

One Fan Gang wrote: Earlier yesterday just before the announcement, I was reading an old newsletter that said Bundy, who was wrestling as Chris Canyon around 1981, had a brother who worked the Allentown and Hamburg TV tapings at the same time, wrestling as Jack Carson. I don't remember Carson showing up in results very often aside from this brief time. The blurb said that they owned a Tavern somewhere in New Jersey together. Perhaps Carson went back to that business and left wrestling. Something to look for in subsequent obituaries I guess.

EDIT- I just watched the first match on that Video Vault tribute where The Moondogs faced the team of Canyon and Carson and you can see a resemblance, Plus Carson is billed from Atlantic City.  Maybe Larry Sharpe gave a two-for-one special and trained the brothers at the same time.

Here's the link to my obit:http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Wrestling/2019/03/05/22793720.html

My wife knows the daughter of Dick Woehrle, Kristin. She posted an RIP of Bundy on her facebook page. Bundy and his sister have had a car dealership called Pallies auto sales for at least 20 years about 15 minutes from my house.

Last edited on Tue Mar 5th, 2019 05:59 pm by freebirdsforever2001



____________________

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Mar 5th, 2019 07:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 3095
Status: 
Offline
RIP: he got some big runs in the territories, and 2 programs with Hogan and 1 with Andre in the WWF.



____________________
Comic Saaaaaannnsss
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 02:07 pm Page:    1  2  3  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > RIP: King Kong Bundy Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems