WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
NWA: Power  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Oct 17th, 2019 02:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
46th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 3635
Status: 
Online
That’s good, even the smallest of venues if dressed properly would be cool.

Last edited on Thu Oct 17th, 2019 02:21 pm by Franchise



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Oct 18th, 2019 02:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
47th Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17867
Status: 
Offline
Come join us for "Into the Fire" a National Wrestling Alliance PPV Event on 12/14/19 at the GPB Studios in Atlanta,GA.
About this Event
PPV VIP is $150 and will include the following:

Early entry and best choice of seats in the studio

"Into the Fire" commemorative PPV poster

GPB Studio C tour with NWA President Billy Corgan & NWA Vice President David Lagana prior to the PPV

Group photo on set with Billy Corgan prior to the PPV(all VIP ticket holders will be in this photo with Billy; no indiviual pictures will be allowed)

20 minute Q&A,in studio, with Billy Corgan prior to the PPV

This ticket will be limited to 20 people to allow the best possible experience for those that purchase it

PPV GA is $30 and will include the following:

Guaranteed admission into the PPV

Multi Day GA ticket is $75 and will include the following:

Guaranteed admission into the "Into the Fire" PPV on 12/14, Night 1 of tapings on 12/15 & Night 2 of tapings on 12/16.

This ticket will be limited to 50 people.

Doors will open first to the VIP ticket holders at approximately 4:45pm. GA ticket holders will be allowed to choose their seats at approximately 5:35pm; once the VIP experience has commenced. All seats are on a first come, first serve basis.

PPV will have a belltime of 6:05pm. PPV will run until approximately 9:30pm.

All attendees must have a ticket, regardless of age, due to the size of the studio.

When purchasing a ticket please be sure to enter your correct and current email address as a parking pass/parking instructions will be emailed to you as it gets closer to the show date.

This event is no refunds or exchanges. Schedule of events is subject to change.


Date And Time
Sat, December 14, 2019

6:05 PM – 9:30 PM EST

Add to Calendar

Location
Georgia Public Broadcasting

260 14th Street Northwest

Atlanta, GA 30318



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Oct 18th, 2019 03:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
48th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6923
Status: 
Online
WOW. From 38,622 at Cominsky Park in 1962 to 222 in a Georgia TV studio. You still got it (clapclapclap), NWA.


Also... $150 and you can't get an individual picture taken with Billy Corgan? There are max 20 VIP tickets, but someone decided that 20 pictures is too much?

Where's the Super VIP level? Jimmy Valiant will give you a glass bottomed boat. No individual boats available, only a group experience.

Last edited on Fri Oct 18th, 2019 03:34 pm by Kriss

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Oct 18th, 2019 06:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
49th Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17867
Status: 
Offline
Earlier today, the National Wrestling Alliance put tickets on sale to our email subscribers for our return to Atlanta, GA on December 14th-16th. If you’re not on the email list, please sign up now as this is the first place all tickets and offers go for our fans. Sign up here

Within 3 hours, NWA “Into the Fire” PPV event sold out all of the live-event tickets. The only way you can be a part of this event on December 14th is on PPV through FiteTV. The event will be added soon to the Fite calendar but for now you can follow the NWA on their and also watch #NWAPowerrr as well. Click here to follow the NWA on Fite!

We still have limited tickets available for December 15th and 16th for the next episodes of NWA Powerrr. The show has caught fire over the last ten days and the success is fueled by all of your passion for the National Wrestling Alliance. We’d love everyone to be a part of the live audience for these next set of shows. Seats Once these tickets are gone… they’re gone.



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Oct 18th, 2019 07:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
50th Post
Vintage Wrestling



Joined: Wed Jan 30th, 2008
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 1030
Status: 
Offline
Wow. This is fucking stupid. I wasn’t expectIng massive arena shows, but this is disappointing. Perhaps they were gauging interest for future bigger shows by seeing how many people emailed for tickets to the first PPV. That’s the only logical explanation. Doubt it though.



____________________
HUSS HUSS HUSS HUSS HUSS HUSS HUSS HUSS
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Oct 18th, 2019 09:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
51st Post
Superstar
Reigning Defending POTY


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Truth Or Consequences, New Mexico USA
Posts: 5744
Status: 
Offline
Vintage Wrestling wrote: Wow. This is fucking stupid. I wasn’t expectIng massive arena shows, but this is disappointing. Perhaps they were gauging interest for future bigger shows by seeing how many people emailed for tickets to the first PPV. That’s the only logical explanation. Doubt it though.Not really that stupid to be honest.  Think of it like this - Corgan has paid every penny out of pocket on this venture, with very little influx of cash.  He doesn’t have a deep roster, it’s in fact a little less than the size of the ECW roster when they relaunched in 2006 under WWE.  And knowing how much money TNA was losing each week at launch, and how hard they struggled for all but two years of their existence - and Billy was there when it was really bad - I really can’t blame him.  I hope within a couple of years he can at least be like Memphis and maybe once per month run a larger “Mid South Coliseum” style arena.  The most important thing is to build up from the bottom, instead of top down.  Then he could be successful here.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Oct 18th, 2019 09:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
52nd Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49797
Status: 
Offline
Superstar wrote: Vintage Wrestling wrote: Wow. This is fucking stupid. I wasn’t expectIng massive arena shows, but this is disappointing. Perhaps they were gauging interest for future bigger shows by seeing how many people emailed for tickets to the first PPV. That’s the only logical explanation. Doubt it though.Not really that stupid to be honest.  Think of it like this - Corgan has paid every penny out of pocket on this venture, with very little influx of cash.  He doesn’t have a deep roster, it’s in fact a little less than the size of the ECW roster when they relaunched in 2006 under WWE.  And knowing how much money TNA was losing each week at launch, and how hard they struggled for all but two years of their existence - and Billy was there when it was really bad - I really can’t blame him.  I hope within a couple of years he can at least be like Memphis and maybe once per month run a larger “Mid South Coliseum” style arena.  The most important thing is to build up from the bottom, instead of top down.  Then he could be successful here.
I agree.  The NWA is gaining traction for the first time in decades.  They've aired 2 episodes of a well-received show.  They have a PPV to build to now.  They're not selling out MetLife Stadium with it no matter what they do.  Let them take it slow and build interest online, put on a PPV show with the type of atmosphere that the fans seem to like in the studio, basically put up no extra money at all and take no extra risk, and let the fans demand something bigger down the line if this goes well.  Then you're putting something together from a position of strength instead of desperation.  They might even ensure that they will put some money in their pockets since it should only take a few buys to cover their costs.  God forbid!  That's something the NWA hasn't done since maybe 1992.

Last edited on Fri Oct 18th, 2019 09:14 pm by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Oct 18th, 2019 10:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
53rd Post
Vintage Wrestling



Joined: Wed Jan 30th, 2008
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 1030
Status: 
Offline
I understand the financial aspect of it. This was supposed to be a traditional revival. A PPV from a studio is not traditional. A build up to a bigger show in front of more people would be nice to see with a more professional look. Doesn’t need to be 15000 people, just something bigger. Something the size of where NXT tapes would be nice.



____________________
HUSS HUSS HUSS HUSS HUSS HUSS HUSS HUSS
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Oct 18th, 2019 10:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
54th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6923
Status: 
Online
Vintage Wrestling wrote: I understand the financial aspect of it. This was supposed to be a traditional revival. A PPV from a studio is not traditional. A build up to a bigger show in front of more people would be nice to see with a more professional look. Doesn’t need to be 15000 people, just something bigger. Something the size of where NXT tapes would be nice.

Even Center Stage would be better than this. With the weird fake adverts and David Marquez, it's really easy to see this as a parody and not an homage.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Oct 19th, 2019 06:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
55th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6923
Status: 
Online
Someone trolled the NWA YouTube page's announcement of the sell out, and they replied that 240 tickets were sold.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Oct 23rd, 2019 02:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
56th Post
Quattro

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 3905
Status: 
Offline
Another ok episode. The Arron Stevens actor dude stuff is hokey. Needs to go. I can handle a little old school goofy with the Jocephus fellow. But the other guy was not good.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Oct 23rd, 2019 03:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
57th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49797
Status: 
Offline
This was easily the worst of the 3 episodes. The “commercials” were really bizarre this week and take away so much from the show. There was a LOT of unfunny comedy this time around. And the matches were just completely blah. This thing is losing steam. They need to air a good match eventually, don’t they?  That main event was so bad when the two fat jobber-looking brothers cleanly pinned Tim Storm in about 4 minutes. What was the point?  The show was also less than 45 minutes this week. As someone who keeps screaming about other shows being too long, this one desperately could use another few minutes of action. 

Last edited on Wed Oct 23rd, 2019 03:18 am by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Oct 23rd, 2019 06:18 am
  PM Quote Reply
58th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6923
Status: 
Online
srossi wrote: This was easily the worst of the 3 episodes. The “commercials” were really bizarre this week and take away so much from the show. There was a LOT of unfunny comedy this time around. And the matches were just completely blah. This thing is losing steam. They need to air a good match eventually, don’t they?  That main event was so bad when the two fat jobber-looking brothers cleanly pinned Tim Storm in about 4 minutes. What was the point?  The show was also less than 45 minutes this week. As someone who keeps screaming about other shows being too long, this one desperately could use another few minutes of action. 

They are making some basic, basic mistakes. Is Nick Aldis feuding with Joe Galli? That's a mistake that was never made back in the day. Wrestlers shouldn't have feuds with non-wrestlers because there's no pay-off, no match. I think the idea was that Tim Storm, as a former world champion, was passing the torch in his last match. I guess it mike work if you ever took Storm seriously.

Not to post any spoilers, but the audience will probably stay until a particular match that is coming up. After that, we'll see if they have any substance behind the gimmicks.

Eddie Kingston was fantastic, as always. He deserves better. I think he might make a good heel commentator one day.

Last edited on Wed Oct 23rd, 2019 06:19 am by Kriss

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Oct 23rd, 2019 03:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
59th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49797
Status: 
Offline
Kriss wrote: srossi wrote: This was easily the worst of the 3 episodes. The “commercials” were really bizarre this week and take away so much from the show. There was a LOT of unfunny comedy this time around. And the matches were just completely blah. This thing is losing steam. They need to air a good match eventually, don’t they?  That main event was so bad when the two fat jobber-looking brothers cleanly pinned Tim Storm in about 4 minutes. What was the point?  The show was also less than 45 minutes this week. As someone who keeps screaming about other shows being too long, this one desperately could use another few minutes of action. 

They are making some basic, basic mistakes. Is Nick Aldis feuding with Joe Galli? That's a mistake that was never made back in the day. Wrestlers shouldn't have feuds with non-wrestlers because there's no pay-off, no match. I think the idea was that Tim Storm, as a former world champion, was passing the torch in his last match. I guess it mike work if you ever took Storm seriously.


In no way shape or form should THAT have been Tim Storm's last match, or that guy be the one that he passes the torch to (as if he has a torch to pass).  I didn't see it as that at all, I'm actually expecting a heel turn.  It's just not being handled well.  I never got the sense that he was actually retiring, he just has been teasing retirement for about a year now.  He's always teasing retirement.

As for Aldis-Galli, I am beyond baffled what they're even feuding about, much less why the champion is feuding with a commentator who looks like he's 15.  Galli is harassing a woman who clearly doesn't want to talk to him, but he's the babyface?  And is Aldis even a heel or not, because he acts like a face at least 50% of the time.  I know they're going for the classy champ gimmick like Flair, but Flair was ALWAYS a heel even when occasionally putting over the company, the Crockets, and some of the babyface talent.  He made those promos work.  Aldis, I have no idea what he is or what the point of any of his promos are, even though he's fine on the mic.  That's a booking problem. 

If WWE was this unclear, they'd be crucified.  But I guess Cornette thinks this is...good?

Last edited on Wed Oct 23rd, 2019 03:17 pm by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Oct 23rd, 2019 03:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
60th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6923
Status: 
Online
They should have Aldis watch Flair if that is what they're going for. When Flair was on Memphis TV back in the day, he did this great promo, putting over the city of Memphis and how great the fans are, then completely heels them by saying he was surprised, because the South is a shithole full of rednecks. By the end of the show, he's had two matches with Lawler, Lawler thinks he should be the world champion now, and you'd better fucking but a ticket for Monday night.

Aldis is feuding with an announcer, and his next challenger is.... someone. I don't think anyone has directly challenged either Aldis or Storm for their titles. Eli Drake and Colt Cabana vaguely challenged both of them, but then they formed tag teams.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 04:36 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > NWA: Power Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems