WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > WWE Draft Results - Fall 2019

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
WWE Draft Results - Fall 2019  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Oct 16th, 2019 02:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49810
Status: 
Offline
Boz1515 wrote: Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross are apparently still considered a unit.  They are now on Smackdown according to Triple H.  Maybe they realized Smackdown only drafted 5 women as opposed to Raw's 8.  This stuff didn't look too well thought out.




I love how HHH announced that Bliss and Cross were traded for “future considerations” to make it sound like a real sport without realizing that only jobbers get traded for future considerations. Why couldn’t they be bothered make a real trade?



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Oct 16th, 2019 04:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 3638
Status: 
Online
Boz1515 wrote: Franchise wrote: I wouldn’t have watched it either but at least all of their programming would have made sense and they could have built out the draft instead of it looking like a disaster.





9 and 10 year old kids who are new to the wrestling business probably would have ate that up.  As least there would have been some effort at continuity. 

That’s what I was getting at; I think the E having a draft is dumb to begin with because as already shown they aren’t sticking with it and ultimately everyone belongs to one organization not to mention they just “fight” within that organization. I don’t follow MMA but I doubt the UFC Brings a fighter back with a different gimmick if they don’t get over the first time. 

The fact that they forgot or failed to draft certain people was dumb as well they know who they have under contract. Make a list and split it or don’t they would probably be better off just having titles brand specific and letting the talent move back and forth depending on the ratings. It’s not like Fox or USA is going to have any long term loyalty to a wrestler of the show isn’t drawing. I feel like the E is getting close to bringing back the team challenge series or airing a new version of family feud. 


All of this reminds me of early turner WCW/NWA; they forgot they even had the iron sheik under contract and it renewed. Flair told a story on his podcast once where he said a turner exec said “I know how to improve ratings; let’s have Flair v Sting next week”. Granted it’s all name matches now but hot shoting everything isnt the answer; recycling tired matches isn’t the answer either nor is an artificial split. I lost faith in the main roster a long time ago but when the Nakamura v Styles program fell apart I was done not the mention the Styles v Joe series sucking. 

Last edited on Wed Oct 16th, 2019 04:43 am by Franchise



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Oct 16th, 2019 04:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 3638
Status: 
Online
srossi wrote: Boz1515 wrote: Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross are apparently still considered a unit.  They are now on Smackdown according to Triple H.  Maybe they realized Smackdown only drafted 5 women as opposed to Raw's 8.  This stuff didn't look too well thought out.




I love how HHH announced that Bliss and Cross were traded for “future considerations” to make it sound like a real sport without realizing that only jobbers get traded for future considerations. Why couldn’t they be bothered make a real trade?


What does Raw have control over that they can give? Does NXT belong to Raw and NXT UK to Smackdown? Or are they going to give them a bag of turnbuckle pads and a used canvas? 



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Oct 16th, 2019 03:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49810
Status: 
Offline
Franchise wrote: srossi wrote: Boz1515 wrote: Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross are apparently still considered a unit.  They are now on Smackdown according to Triple H.  Maybe they realized Smackdown only drafted 5 women as opposed to Raw's 8.  This stuff didn't look too well thought out.




I love how HHH announced that Bliss and Cross were traded for “future considerations” to make it sound like a real sport without realizing that only jobbers get traded for future considerations. Why couldn’t they be bothered make a real trade?


What does Raw have control over that they can give? Does NXT belong to Raw and NXT UK to Smackdown? Or are they going to give them a bag of turnbuckle pads and a used canvas? 

They already hot-shotted Finn Balor to NXT for the debut of USA when that should’ve been saved for a draft trade, but WWE doesn’t reside in a world of logic. They undermine their own angles, and I bet this draft is meaningless within a month just like the Superstar Shakeup was that they JUST had in May. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Oct 16th, 2019 03:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6928
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: Franchise wrote: srossi wrote: Boz1515 wrote: Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross are apparently still considered a unit.  They are now on Smackdown according to Triple H.  Maybe they realized Smackdown only drafted 5 women as opposed to Raw's 8.  This stuff didn't look too well thought out.




I love how HHH announced that Bliss and Cross were traded for “future considerations” to make it sound like a real sport without realizing that only jobbers get traded for future considerations. Why couldn’t they be bothered make a real trade?


What does Raw have control over that they can give? Does NXT belong to Raw and NXT UK to Smackdown? Or are they going to give them a bag of turnbuckle pads and a used canvas? 

They already hot-shotted Finn Balor to NXT for the debut of USA when that should’ve been saved for a draft trade, but WWE doesn’t reside in a world of logic. They undermine their own angles, and I bet this draft is meaningless within a month just like the Superstar Shakeup was that they JUST had in May. 


On Monday, they were making a huge deal about guys being on different brands, and we may never see them wrestle again. Then they announced Rollins vs The Fiend for Crown Jewell. Two wrestlers from different brands. And we're only a few weeks away from Survivor Series, the only night of the year when Raw and SmackDowm superstars face off. The only thing for certain is that EC3 will be exclusive to Main Event. 

Last edited on Wed Oct 16th, 2019 03:24 pm by Kriss

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Oct 16th, 2019 04:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 1637
Status: 
Online
Raw only has 3 tag teams.  I wonder when they will realize/address that lol?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Oct 16th, 2019 05:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
kargol



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Brum, United Kingdom
Posts: 4388
Status: 
Offline
Kriss wrote:

On Monday, they were making a huge deal about guys being on different brands, and we may never see them wrestle again. Then they announced Rollins vs The Fiend for Crown Jewell. Two wrestlers from different brands. And we're only a few weeks away from Survivor Series, the only night of the year when Raw and SmackDowm superstars face off. The only thing for certain is that EC3 will be exclusive to Main Event. Now, if they actually had a plan, this is something that could make for an interesting storyline.  Smackdown signed up Lesnar.  If the Fiend beats Rollins for the title, Smackdown has both world champs. 

Which could lead to, well, any number of storylines; Raw picking on Rollins for losing their crown jewel at Crown Jewel, Wyatt bringing the title to Raw as if he didn't know who the Fiend was, a Raw invasion to get the title back...



____________________
superfunkymean
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Oct 16th, 2019 05:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49810
Status: 
Offline
Luke Harper went undrafted to Smackdown this morning, so he and Rowan have been broken up again. I doubt you’ll see him anywhere though.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Oct 16th, 2019 06:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 1637
Status: 
Online
kargol wrote:
Which could lead to, well, any number of storylines; Raw picking on Rollins for losing their crown jewel at Crown Jewel, Wyatt bringing the title to Raw as if he didn't know who the Fiend was, a Raw invasion to get the title back...


All of those suggestions would be far better than what we have been seeing on tv, I'd be interested in each of those. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Oct 16th, 2019 06:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 1637
Status: 
Online
srossi wrote: Luke Harper went undrafted to Smackdown this morning, so he and Rowan have been broken up again. I doubt you’ll see him anywhere though.He's another guy I feel like they've wasted for the most part.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Oct 16th, 2019 06:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17870
Status: 
Offline
On this morning's episode of WWEs The Bump on the WWE Network, the following talents were announced as being drafted:

MONDAY NIGHT RAW:

No Way Jose.

Mojo Rawley.

Zack Ryder.

Curt Hawkins.

The IIconics.

Sarah Logan.

FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN:

Luke Harper.

Cesaro.

Drake Maverick.

Sonya Deville.

Mandy Rose.

Dana Brooke.



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Oct 16th, 2019 06:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 1637
Status: 
Online
bpickering wrote: On this morning's episode of WWEs The Bump on the WWE Network, the following talents were announced as being drafted:


Thanks, updated those.
 
Still missing these Tag Teams:

Authors of Pain
The Usos
The Singh Brothers
The Ascension

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Oct 16th, 2019 07:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6928
Status: 
Offline
What the fuck is "The Bump"?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Oct 16th, 2019 09:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49810
Status: 
Offline
Kriss wrote: What the fuck is "The Bump"?
One of 16 new WWE shows that no one would ever watch. Instead of being content machines, it would be great if they could make a 2-hour Smackdown coherent and watchable. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Oct 16th, 2019 09:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 3638
Status: 
Online
This is what I’m talking about; why not have

Round 1 on smackdown
Round 2 on raw
Round 3 on the network after raw
Round 4-7 or whatever on the network

Have a stat sheet of picks per round, time between picks, have a draft board with selected talent and another draft board with available talent.

Seriously all they had to do was hire one person who has watched a pro sports draft one time and they could have done a better job.



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 03:32 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > WWE Draft Results - Fall 2019 Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems