WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > Wrestling Pictures You Have Never Seen Before

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:    1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Wrestling Pictures You Have Never Seen Before  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Dec 10th, 2020 05:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
freebirdsforever2019



Joined: Sat Nov 23rd, 2019
Location:  
Posts: 1141
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I got this idea after the Hockey board HF Boards have a similar thread in it's HOH section. I saw this for the first time today on Twitter.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Dec 10th, 2020 05:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Blazer
Head Auditor, CPA


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 7859
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Very whiney statement by Brisco if we're reading that through the Kayfabe lens. Usually a heel would put a bounty on a face, and the statement is chicken-shit whiney heelish. But, wasn't Jack the face when he wrestled the Funks? I always that Brisco was a face up until the Mid-Atlantic heel turn against Steamboat/Youngblood.



____________________
"Well, maybe I like the nightlife just a little bit more than I like the damn gym, jack! And when you're makin' $500,000 a year, there ain't no reason to change what you're doing." - Dusty Rhodes, 1/4/1986
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Dec 10th, 2020 06:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
srossi
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 55754
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Blazer wrote: Very whiney statement by Brisco if we're reading that through the Kayfabe lens. Usually a heel would put a bounty on a face, and the statement is chicken-shit whiney heelish. But, wasn't Jack the face when he wrestled the Funks? I always that Brisco was a face up until the Mid-Atlantic heel turn against Steamboat/Youngblood.
Isn't this pretty close to how whiny Brisco was in real life over the switch?



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Dec 10th, 2020 06:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Pee Pee Township, Ohio USA
Posts: 7042
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Blazer wrote: Very whiney statement by Brisco if we're reading that through the Kayfabe lens. Usually a heel would put a bounty on a face, and the statement is chicken-shit whiney heelish. But, wasn't Jack the face when he wrestled the Funks? I always that Brisco was a face up until the Mid-Atlantic heel turn against Steamboat/Youngblood.
Isn't this pretty close to how whiny Brisco was in real life over the switch?
I thought Jack wanted to drop the strap because the stress from the travel was killing him.  And I tend to believe it because he died quite young.  The one that was supposedly whiny was Dory Jr - he did NOT want to drop the strap to Brisco - and “allegedly” faked an accident on the Funk ranch to get out of it.  He held the strap four more months and dropped it to Harley, who transitioned it to Jack.  



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Dec 10th, 2020 06:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Pee Pee Township, Ohio USA
Posts: 7042
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
freebirdsforever2019 wrote: I got this idea after the Hockey board HF Boards have a similar thread in it's HOH section. I saw this for the first time today on Twitter.

Would not surprise me if this was in a Texas publication like a program, because The Funks were always loved in Texas no matter their tactics.  Briscos were loved in Florida.  And wasn’t the NWA Champ always a face in his home territory and most times the Jeep everywhere else?  The only way this formula changed was when the dominant champ in a territory was a heel and the fans would pay to see him get his ass kicked by the World Champ.  



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Dec 10th, 2020 06:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 8911
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I've never seen a picture of Miss Elizabeth playing with the little man in the canoe.

Did I understand the question?



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Dec 10th, 2020 10:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
freebirdsforever2019



Joined: Sat Nov 23rd, 2019
Location:  
Posts: 1141
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Dec 12th, 2020 06:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
One Fan Gang



Joined: Wed Apr 22nd, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 4866
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Superstar wrote: freebirdsforever2019 wrote: I got this idea after the Hockey board HF Boards have a similar thread in it's HOH section. I saw this for the first time today on Twitter.

Would not surprise me if this was in a Texas publication like a program, because The Funks were always loved in Texas no matter their tactics.  Briscos were loved in Florida.  And wasn’t the NWA Champ always a face in his home territory and most times the Jeep everywhere else?  The only way this formula changed was when the dominant champ in a territory was a heel and the fans would pay to see him get his ass kicked by the World Champ.  

Kevin Sullivan did an interview describing how the same match between Briscos and Funks in whatever combination or circunstance would be dubbed with audio specific to Florida or Amarillo, and what would be skewed as babyface in one territory would be outrageous heel tactics in the other.  Whatever sold the most tickets, these four guys went with.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Dec 12th, 2020 11:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
freebirdsforever2019



Joined: Sat Nov 23rd, 2019
Location:  
Posts: 1141
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Dec 14th, 2020 05:18 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
BitterOldMan



Joined: Thu Jun 30th, 2016
Location: Chicago, Illinois USA
Posts: 660
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I've never seen the nude pictures of Stephanie McMahon that all the sites used to promise



____________________
Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative. - John Stuart Mill
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Dec 14th, 2020 03:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
freebirdsforever2019



Joined: Sat Nov 23rd, 2019
Location:  
Posts: 1141
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 

Last edited on Fri Dec 18th, 2020 12:46 am by freebirdsforever2019

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Dec 14th, 2020 07:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 8911
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Thunder from May 31, 2000. This isn't quite the picture I wanted. That's Mike Rapada as R&B Security. Less than four months later he was the NWA World Heavyweight Champion. I'm pretty sure he did similar extra work with WCW when he held the title. I'll find that picture eventually.

Attachment: Rapada.jpg (Downloaded 116 times)



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Dec 14th, 2020 07:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Heenan Fan
In The Penalty Box


Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: Red Hot Californication, USA
Posts: 4655
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Blazer wrote: Very whiney statement by Brisco if we're reading that through the Kayfabe lens. Usually a heel would put a bounty on a face, and the statement is chicken-shit whiney heelish. But, wasn't Jack the face when he wrestled the Funks? I always that Brisco was a face up until the Mid-Atlantic heel turn against Steamboat/Youngblood.
Isn't this pretty close to how whiny Brisco was in real life over the switch?
I was gonna basically say the same thing. Jack Brisco once called me "a fucking asshole"  for no reason at Cauliflower Alley Club. I admit I'm an ass, but I'm not an asshole!



____________________
"Comedians are just like Pro Wrestlers...all the good ones are dead!" Me, 2019

"I'm too smart to be a Democrat and too poor to be a Republican." Me, 2000

https://youtu.be/QO-97JPD3MM
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Dec 16th, 2020 02:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
freebirdsforever2019



Joined: Sat Nov 23rd, 2019
Location:  
Posts: 1141
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Dec 16th, 2020 02:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Heenan Fan
In The Penalty Box


Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: Red Hot Californication, USA
Posts: 4655
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
freebirdsforever2019 wrote: I recognize Ray Apollo as Doink, Larry Sharpe doing a Bobby Heenan impression, Howard Finkel, and Johnny Rodz. I can't tell who the other two guys are.



____________________
"Comedians are just like Pro Wrestlers...all the good ones are dead!" Me, 2019

"I'm too smart to be a Democrat and too poor to be a Republican." Me, 2000

https://youtu.be/QO-97JPD3MM
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 04:09 am Page:    1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > Wrestling Pictures You Have Never Seen Before Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems