WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > WWE's The 50 Greatest Women Superstars

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
WWE's The 50 Greatest Women Superstars  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Mar 27th, 2021 05:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
srossi
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 55649
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
martini wrote: srossi wrote: bpickering wrote: khawk wrote: bpickering wrote:
Beyond the countdown, a piece was shown celebrating the women of past eras like Wendi Richter, Leilani Kai, The Glamour Girls, Fabulous Moolah, The Jumping Bomb Angels, Sensational Sherri Martel, Rockin' Robin and Mae Young.  
And yet I don't think any of them made the Top 50 list. Take that, old school!

They were only doing women post-1993. So that why they were not on the list. Moolah did a lot of post-93 work. So she off the list for another reason.  

Mae Young achieved more fame and won her only World title during the Attitude Era, and she wasn’t included either, thankfully. They only listed women in their “prime”. 
Mae Young never won a World Title to the best of my knowledge. 

I thought she won the Women’s title in WWE for 5 seconds as a joke. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Mar 27th, 2021 05:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 8862
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: martini wrote: srossi wrote: bpickering wrote: khawk wrote: bpickering wrote:
Beyond the countdown, a piece was shown celebrating the women of past eras like Wendi Richter, Leilani Kai, The Glamour Girls, Fabulous Moolah, The Jumping Bomb Angels, Sensational Sherri Martel, Rockin' Robin and Mae Young.  
And yet I don't think any of them made the Top 50 list. Take that, old school!

They were only doing women post-1993. So that why they were not on the list. Moolah did a lot of post-93 work. So she off the list for another reason.  

Mae Young achieved more fame and won her only World title during the Attitude Era, and she wasn’t included either, thankfully. They only listed women in their “prime”. 
Mae Young never won a World Title to the best of my knowledge. 

I thought she won the Women’s title in WWE for 5 seconds as a joke. 

Moolah beat Ivory to win the title at No Mercy 1999. Ivory won it back 8 days later. She was only 76.



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Mar 27th, 2021 05:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
srossi
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 55649
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kriss wrote: srossi wrote: martini wrote: srossi wrote: bpickering wrote: khawk wrote: bpickering wrote:
Beyond the countdown, a piece was shown celebrating the women of past eras like Wendi Richter, Leilani Kai, The Glamour Girls, Fabulous Moolah, The Jumping Bomb Angels, Sensational Sherri Martel, Rockin' Robin and Mae Young.  
And yet I don't think any of them made the Top 50 list. Take that, old school!

They were only doing women post-1993. So that why they were not on the list. Moolah did a lot of post-93 work. So she off the list for another reason.  

Mae Young achieved more fame and won her only World title during the Attitude Era, and she wasn’t included either, thankfully. They only listed women in their “prime”. 
Mae Young never won a World Title to the best of my knowledge. 

I thought she won the Women’s title in WWE for 5 seconds as a joke. 

Moolah beat Ivory to win the title at No Mercy 1999. Ivory won it back 8 days later. She was only 76.

That’s what I’m thinking of. Ivory was coming to mind but I wasn’t sure. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Mar 27th, 2021 08:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
Angelic Assassin



Joined: Mon Dec 27th, 2010
Location: Home Of The Redskins, You Candy Asses. , Washington USA
Posts: 7948
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Ronda Rousey is at 9 and wrestled what was it, 3 times. These lists always make me laugh.


A legitimate Top 50 Women Wrestlers of all time might conceivably not include a single one of these broads.



____________________
This thread was great till Rossi posted that AA ruined it.

Rossi=The Mouth That Bored
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Mar 27th, 2021 08:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
beejmi
THE BIG KAHUNA


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 45799
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Stephanie McMahon one notch ahead of Luna Vachon

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Mar 27th, 2021 09:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
martini
Wrestling Classics Owner


Joined: Fri Aug 13th, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 4182
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Angelic Assassin wrote: Ronda Rousey is at 9 and wrestled what was it, 3 times. These lists always make me laugh.


A legitimate Top 50 Women Wrestlers of all time might conceivably not include a single one of these broads.

33 matches is what is listed on an online database. 
Not quite 3. I get you're trying to be snarky, but a swing and a miss. 



____________________
Shaken, but not stirred.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Mar 27th, 2021 10:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
srossi
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 55649
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Angelic Assassin wrote: A legitimate Top 50 Women Wrestlers of all time might conceivably not include a single one of these broads.
It’s post-1993 WWE, so they mostly all should be included (except Stephanie), but the order is a complete mess. Even in kayfabe WWE just looking at the last 2 years, how is Shotzi ahead of Kay Lee Ray?  That’s basically comparing apples to apples and it makes no sense. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Mar 28th, 2021 01:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2421
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Jacqueline is in the Hall of Fame, but she's like 9 spots below Stephanie McMahon.  Ok, got it.  

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Mar 28th, 2021 01:38 am
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
srossi
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 55649
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Started to watch this and it’s interesting that they seem to have Benoit’d Enzo and Big Cass from WWE history. It’s impossible to do a profile on Carmella without them, but they did. They very carefully edited them out of any NXT footage with her even though she was always with them. Strange how they wound up so deep on the shit list.

Also, Impact’s relationship with AEW has clearly ended their relationship with WWE. Not one TNA mention during the Gail Kim profile. She left WWE a young woman and died in a fiery car stash the very next day, never to be seen again. R.I.P.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Mar 28th, 2021 02:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
martini
Wrestling Classics Owner


Joined: Fri Aug 13th, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 4182
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I get that they're trying to distance themselves from her legal issues and porn, but Sunny should be somewhere on this list as should Marlena if it isn't limited to in ring workers.



____________________
Shaken, but not stirred.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Mar 28th, 2021 02:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 8862
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
martini wrote: I get that they're trying to distance themselves from her legal issues and porn, but Sunny should be somewhere on this list as should Marlena if it isn't limited to in ring workers.
I think they are trying to claim Stephanie as a wrestler, but her in-ring "career" wasn't anything. She "wrestled" 24 matches, all on TV (Shane at least wrestled some house shows at various times), and almost all of them involved some kind of gimmick to make sure she didn't have to actually wrestle. I'm not going to check, but I'd assume that, win or lose, she was never involved in any clean finishes. She held the title for a few months, but she was never a wrestler. Vicki Guerrero should be on the list if non-wrestlers are allowed.



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Mar 28th, 2021 03:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
srossi
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 55649
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kriss wrote: martini wrote: I get that they're trying to distance themselves from her legal issues and porn, but Sunny should be somewhere on this list as should Marlena if it isn't limited to in ring workers.
I think they are trying to claim Stephanie as a wrestler, but her in-ring "career" wasn't anything. She "wrestled" 24 matches, all on TV (Shane at least wrestled some house shows at various times), and almost all of them involved some kind of gimmick to make sure she didn't have to actually wrestle. I'm not going to check, but I'd assume that, win or lose, she was never involved in any clean finishes. She held the title for a few months, but she was never a wrestler. Vicki Guerrero should be on the list if non-wrestlers are allowed.

Yes, the list is only for good in-ring performers, but Stephanie is Stephanie. It’s a joke. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Mar 29th, 2021 05:15 am
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
BitterOldMan



Joined: Thu Jun 30th, 2016
Location: Chicago, Illinois USA
Posts: 651
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Any list without Hervina lacks gravitas



____________________
Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative. - John Stuart Mill
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Apr 1st, 2021 02:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
srossi
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 55649
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I’m slowly making my way through this series and on one of the episodes they do a segment on women who made their mark “outside of the ring”. Featured are Elizabeth, Stacy Keibler, Sharmell, Jillian Hall, Vicki Guerrero, Sapphire, Nidia, Debra, Terri Runnels, Sunny, and Torrie Wilson.  Some of them were just mediocre wrestlers though. I’m not sure who Alicia Fox pissed off right before they produced this because she’s always brought back as a “legend” these days and couldn’t even make this segment. Trying to think of any other obvious exclusions. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Apr 1st, 2021 03:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 8862
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: I’m slowly making my way through this series and on one of the episodes they do a segment on women who made their mark “outside of the ring”. Featured are Elizabeth, Stacy Keibler, Sharmell, Jillian Hall, Vicki Guerrero, Sapphire, Nidia, Debra, Terri Runnels, Sunny, and Torrie Wilson.  Some of them were just mediocre wrestlers though. I’m not sure who Alicia Fox pissed off right before they produced this because she’s always brought back as a “legend” these days and couldn’t even make this segment. Trying to think of any other obvious exclusions. 
Three of the first four Tough Enough winners were women: Nidia, Jackie Gayda and Shaniqua. None of them made it.



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 03:31 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > WWE's The 50 Greatest Women Superstars Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems