WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Name That Ballplayer! Episode I  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Jun 13th, 2008 05:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
BigJ



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: The Bottom Of Lake Millerton
Posts: 6935
Status: 
Offline
No prizes, just bragging rights.  A photo of the player is below, shrouded in black mystery.  For each clue given after the first, a section will be revealed.  A new clue will be posted at random intervals by the gamesmater...me!  HAHAHA

The first clue, and the photo shrouded in darkness:
1.    I was an African-American Outfielder.  I am retired.  I played for two teams during my major league career, one in the American League, one in the National League.


Y

Attachment: mystery.jpg (Downloaded 30 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Jun 13th, 2008 05:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
brodiescomics



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 3311
Status: 
Offline
Are we supposed to ask questions, or just guess?



____________________
You fuckers think just because a guy reads comics he can't start some shit?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Jun 13th, 2008 06:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
lobo316
Mr Baseball


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43118
Status: 
Offline
Billy Williams

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Jun 13th, 2008 06:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
BigJ



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: The Bottom Of Lake Millerton
Posts: 6935
Status: 
Offline
brodiescomics wrote: Are we supposed to ask questions, or just guess
You may do as you wish.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Jun 13th, 2008 06:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
BigJ



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: The Bottom Of Lake Millerton
Posts: 6935
Status: 
Offline
lobo316 wrote: Billy Williams
No, but that is a very good guess.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Jun 13th, 2008 06:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
dogfacedgremlin34
Will Kick Your Ass At Fantasy Football


Joined: Fri Feb 8th, 2008
Location: Massachusetts USA
Posts: 10016
Status: 
Offline
BigJ wrote: brodiescomics wrote: Are we supposed to ask questions, or just guess
You may do as you wish.

When did he retire?



____________________
"I'm putting your worthless fucking ass on ignore so I don't have to read anymore of your pompous arrogant New York big shot bullshit. Good fucking riddance, fuckhead."-Angelic Assassin to rossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Jun 13th, 2008 06:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
dogfacedgremlin34
Will Kick Your Ass At Fantasy Football


Joined: Fri Feb 8th, 2008
Location: Massachusetts USA
Posts: 10016
Status: 
Offline
BigJ wrote: No prizes, just bragging rights.  A photo of the player is below, shrouded in black mystery.  For each clue given after the first, a section will be revealed.  A new clue will be posted at random intervals by the gamesmater...me!  HAHAHA

The first clue, and the photo shrouded in darkness:
1.    I was an African-American Outfielder.  I am retired.  I played for two teams during my major league career, one in the American League, one in the National League.


Y



Wait a minute...it's Mitchell Page!!!

I was wondering when you'd respond to my Mitchell Page reference from a different post...



____________________
"I'm putting your worthless fucking ass on ignore so I don't have to read anymore of your pompous arrogant New York big shot bullshit. Good fucking riddance, fuckhead."-Angelic Assassin to rossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Jun 13th, 2008 06:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
lobo316
Mr Baseball


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43118
Status: 
Offline
Is he a HOF'er

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Jun 13th, 2008 07:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
BigJ



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: The Bottom Of Lake Millerton
Posts: 6935
Status: 
Offline
dogfacedgremlin34 wrote: BigJ wrote: brodiescomics wrote: Are we supposed to ask questions, or just guess
You may do as you wish.

When did he retire?

That shall be revealed in an upcoming clue.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Jun 13th, 2008 07:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
BigJ



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: The Bottom Of Lake Millerton
Posts: 6935
Status: 
Offline
lobo316 wrote: Is he a HOF'er
No.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Jun 13th, 2008 08:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
BigJ



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: The Bottom Of Lake Millerton
Posts: 6935
Status: 
Offline
dogfacedgremlin34 wrote: BigJ wrote: No prizes, just bragging rights.  A photo of the player is below, shrouded in black mystery.  For each clue given after the first, a section will be revealed.  A new clue will be posted at random intervals by the gamesmater...me!  HAHAHA

The first clue, and the photo shrouded in darkness:
1.    I was an African-American Outfielder.  I am retired.  I played for two teams during my major league career, one in the American League, one in the National League.


Y



Wait a minute...it's Mitchell Page!!!

I was wondering when you'd respond to my Mitchell Page reference from a different post...

It is not Mitchell Page.

It is, however, time for another clue.  And a section is revealed.

1.    I only played on a winner 3 times in my 10 year career, but two of those were playoff teams, and one was a world series winner.

Attachment: mystery.jpg (Downloaded 13 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Jun 13th, 2008 08:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
dogfacedgremlin34
Will Kick Your Ass At Fantasy Football


Joined: Fri Feb 8th, 2008
Location: Massachusetts USA
Posts: 10016
Status: 
Offline
Mike Davis.

Thank you.  Thank you very much.



____________________
"I'm putting your worthless fucking ass on ignore so I don't have to read anymore of your pompous arrogant New York big shot bullshit. Good fucking riddance, fuckhead."-Angelic Assassin to rossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Jun 13th, 2008 08:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
BigJ



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: The Bottom Of Lake Millerton
Posts: 6935
Status: 
Offline
dogfacedgremlin34 wrote: Mike Davis.

Thank you.  Thank you very much.

God damn you you fucking prick.

You win.  Way too early.  Here are the remainder of the clues I had prepared.  If I hadnt said he was black you'd have been clueless.  I'll remember that.

Clues
1.    I was an African-American Outfielder.  I am retired.  I played for two teams during my major league career, one in the American League, one in the National League.
2.    I only played on a winner 3 times in my 10 year career, but two of those were playoff teams, and one was a world series winner.
3.    I played alongside 7 gold glove winners.
4.    When I switched leagues, my hitting dropped dramatically.
5.    I never hit a grand slam in the big leagues.
6.    My first team had a few guys with my last name after me, but never had another black guy with my last name until this year.
7.    I never won a gold glove, but no outfielder on my first team has won one since I left.  They’d won 10 in 15 years prior.
8.    Some suggested I needed a new prescription when my hitting dropped after switching leagues.
9.    I played on the Dodgers and A’s, and with Dodgers notable Ron Cey and A’s great Reggie Jackson – both well past their prime though.  In fact it was on the same team, the same year.
10. Without me, one of the most memorable moments in World Series history just ties the game.
11. My much anticipated arrival with the Dodgers in 1988 after years of offensive production with the A’s was a drastic failure.  I hit just .196 and lost my starting RF job by May to Mike Marshall.



Attachment: mike davis.JPG (Downloaded 11 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Jun 13th, 2008 08:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
BigJ



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: The Bottom Of Lake Millerton
Posts: 6935
Status: 
Offline
So tell me, was it fun?  Wasn't for me, because DFG's fruity ass guessed it in less time than it took me to write the fuckin' clues.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Jun 13th, 2008 08:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
dogfacedgremlin34
Will Kick Your Ass At Fantasy Football


Joined: Fri Feb 8th, 2008
Location: Massachusetts USA
Posts: 10016
Status: 
Offline
BigJ wrote: dogfacedgremlin34 wrote: Mike Davis.

Thank you.  Thank you very much.

God damn you you fucking prick.

You win.  Way too early.  Here are the remainder of the clues I had prepared.  If I hadnt said he was black you'd have been clueless.  I'll remember that.

Clues
1.    I was an African-American Outfielder.  I am retired.  I played for two teams during my major league career, one in the American League, one in the National League.
2.    I only played on a winner 3 times in my 10 year career, but two of those were playoff teams, and one was a world series winner.
3.    I played alongside 7 gold glove winners.
4.    When I switched leagues, my hitting dropped dramatically.
5.    I never hit a grand slam in the big leagues.
6.    My first team had a few guys with my last name after me, but never had another black guy with my last name until this year.
7.    I never won a gold glove, but no outfielder on my first team has won one since I left.  They’d won 10 in 15 years prior.
8.    Some suggested I needed a new prescription when my hitting dropped after switching leagues.
9.    I played on the Dodgers and A’s, and with Dodgers notable Ron Cey and A’s great Reggie Jackson – both well past their prime though.  In fact it was on the same team, the same year.
10. Without me, one of the most memorable moments in World Series history just ties the game.
11. My much anticipated arrival with the Dodgers in 1988 after years of offensive production with the A’s was a drastic failure.  I hit just .196 and lost my starting RF job by May to Mike Marshall.





Actually, it was clue # 2 that put it over the edge.  That, and knowing that you'd be sure to pick a former member of the Oakland A's.

On a side note, it must've killed you watching that 1988 World Series to see Davis--who by that point was pretty much at the end of his career--come up big in Game 5.  (I watched in on ESPN Classics a few months ago.)



____________________
"I'm putting your worthless fucking ass on ignore so I don't have to read anymore of your pompous arrogant New York big shot bullshit. Good fucking riddance, fuckhead."-Angelic Assassin to rossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 10:34 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Games, Contests & Tournaments > Name That Ballplayer! Episode I Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems