WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Games, Contests & Tournaments > Name That Ballplayer! Episode II

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Name That Ballplayer! Episode II  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Jun 13th, 2008 09:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
BigJ



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: The Bottom Of Lake Millerton
Posts: 6935
Status: 
Offline
Here we go again.  Same rules as last time...guess, ask questions, whatever.  If your question directly addresses an unrevealed clue then that clue will be reveealed.  I guess I changed that part.  With each new clue a new section of the puzzle is revealed.

Your first clue, and the picture...

Clues
1.    I was not an Oakland A, ever.  DFG is a fruit.

Okay, that one doesnt help much, I'll reveal another...

2.    I spent almost all of my 12 year career in the National League West

Attachment: mystery.jpg (Downloaded 41 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Jun 13th, 2008 09:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
BigJ



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: The Bottom Of Lake Millerton
Posts: 6935
Status: 
Offline
Sorry, wrong mystery photo

Attachment: mystery.jpg (Downloaded 41 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Jun 13th, 2008 09:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
BayouBoogie



Joined: Wed Oct 17th, 2007
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana USA
Posts: 6864
Status: 
Offline
What decades did he play in?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Jun 13th, 2008 09:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
BigJ



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: The Bottom Of Lake Millerton
Posts: 6935
Status: 
Offline
The player's career spanned the 1970's and 80's.

It's time for another clue!

3.    I was once touted as a successor to a Hall of Fame first baseman.



Attachment: mystery.jpg (Downloaded 38 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Jun 13th, 2008 10:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
dogfacedgremlin34
Will Kick Your Ass At Fantasy Football


Joined: Fri Feb 8th, 2008
Location: Massachusetts USA
Posts: 10016
Status: 
Offline
BigJ wrote: The player's career spanned the 1970's and 80's.

It's time for another clue!

3.    I was once touted as a successor to a Hall of Fame first baseman.





Dan Driessen.

Thank you.  Thank you very much.



____________________
"I'm putting your worthless fucking ass on ignore so I don't have to read anymore of your pompous arrogant New York big shot bullshit. Good fucking riddance, fuckhead."-Angelic Assassin to rossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Jun 13th, 2008 10:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
dogfacedgremlin34
Will Kick Your Ass At Fantasy Football


Joined: Fri Feb 8th, 2008
Location: Massachusetts USA
Posts: 10016
Status: 
Offline
dogfacedgremlin34 wrote: BigJ wrote: The player's career spanned the 1970's and 80's.

It's time for another clue!

3.    I was once touted as a successor to a Hall of Fame first baseman.





Dan Driessen.

Thank you.  Thank you very much.

Actually, nope.  Driessen played 14 seasons.



____________________
"I'm putting your worthless fucking ass on ignore so I don't have to read anymore of your pompous arrogant New York big shot bullshit. Good fucking riddance, fuckhead."-Angelic Assassin to rossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Jun 13th, 2008 11:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
BigJ



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: The Bottom Of Lake Millerton
Posts: 6935
Status: 
Offline
No, it's not Driessen.

Another clue!  Let's move it along!

Clues
1.    I was not an Oakland A, ever.  DFG is a fruit.
2.    I spent almost all of my 12 year career in the National League West
3.    I was once touted as a successor to a Hall of Fame first baseman.
4.    My two most notable teammates during my peak went on to be key players for division winners in 1987.





Attachment: mystery.jpg (Downloaded 33 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Jun 13th, 2008 11:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
dogfacedgremlin34
Will Kick Your Ass At Fantasy Football


Joined: Fri Feb 8th, 2008
Location: Massachusetts USA
Posts: 10016
Status: 
Offline
BigJ wrote: No, it's not Driessen.

Another clue!  Let's move it along!

Clues
1.    I was not an Oakland A, ever.  DFG is a fruit.
2.    I spent almost all of my 12 year career in the National League West
3.    I was once touted as a successor to a Hall of Fame first baseman.
4.    My two most notable teammates during my peak went on to be key players for division winners in 1987.






So far, I'm stumped.



____________________
"I'm putting your worthless fucking ass on ignore so I don't have to read anymore of your pompous arrogant New York big shot bullshit. Good fucking riddance, fuckhead."-Angelic Assassin to rossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Jun 13th, 2008 11:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
BigJ



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: The Bottom Of Lake Millerton
Posts: 6935
Status: 
Offline
Good.

Another clue.

I don't mind unveiling more clues because they ain't gonna help, this is a hard one.

Clues
1.    I was not an Oakland A, ever.  DFG is a fruit.
2.    I spent almost all of my 12 year career in the National League West
3.    I was once touted as a successor to a Hall of Fame first baseman.
4.    My two most notable teammates during my peak went on to be key players for division winners in 1987.
5.    My career path took me to some of the most unpopular uniform styles in baseball history.

Attachment: mystery.jpg (Downloaded 31 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Jun 13th, 2008 11:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
dogfacedgremlin34
Will Kick Your Ass At Fantasy Football


Joined: Fri Feb 8th, 2008
Location: Massachusetts USA
Posts: 10016
Status: 
Offline
BigJ wrote: Good.

Another clue.

I don't mind unveiling more clues because they ain't gonna help, this is a hard one.

Clues
1.    I was not an Oakland A, ever.  DFG is a fruit.
2.    I spent almost all of my 12 year career in the National League West
3.    I was once touted as a successor to a Hall of Fame first baseman.
4.    My two most notable teammates during my peak went on to be key players for division winners in 1987.
5.    My career path took me to some of the most unpopular uniform styles in baseball history.


 

Is it Mike Ivie?  If it is, I protest, since I was going to guess him, but he only played in ELEVEN--not twelve--major league seasons.



____________________
"I'm putting your worthless fucking ass on ignore so I don't have to read anymore of your pompous arrogant New York big shot bullshit. Good fucking riddance, fuckhead."-Angelic Assassin to rossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Jun 13th, 2008 11:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
dogfacedgremlin34
Will Kick Your Ass At Fantasy Football


Joined: Fri Feb 8th, 2008
Location: Massachusetts USA
Posts: 10016
Status: 
Offline
Yeah, that's right, boy.  You can't beat me.

San Francisco's not that far from Oakland.



____________________
"I'm putting your worthless fucking ass on ignore so I don't have to read anymore of your pompous arrogant New York big shot bullshit. Good fucking riddance, fuckhead."-Angelic Assassin to rossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Jun 14th, 2008 04:51 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
BigJ



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: The Bottom Of Lake Millerton
Posts: 6935
Status: 
Offline
Well done sir, I'm impressed.

More to come Monday - I'll stump you yet, and I'll do it with a Red Sox guy.

Attachment: Mike Ivie.jpg (Downloaded 18 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Jun 14th, 2008 10:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
dogfacedgremlin34
Will Kick Your Ass At Fantasy Football


Joined: Fri Feb 8th, 2008
Location: Massachusetts USA
Posts: 10016
Status: 
Offline
BigJ wrote: I'll stump you yet, and I'll do it with a Red Sox guy.

With a Red Sox guy?  No chance.



____________________
"I'm putting your worthless fucking ass on ignore so I don't have to read anymore of your pompous arrogant New York big shot bullshit. Good fucking riddance, fuckhead."-Angelic Assassin to rossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Jun 14th, 2008 10:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
dogfacedgremlin34 wrote: BigJ wrote: I'll stump you yet, and I'll do it with a Red Sox guy.

With a Red Sox guy?  No chance.

Between the 2 of us there really is no chance in hell of us being stumped. Cue up Vince McMahon's theme music.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Jun 14th, 2008 04:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
lobo316
Mr Baseball


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43137
Status: 
Offline
Okay, Vince's theme........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTyOgFDXgb4&feature=related

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 01:04 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Games, Contests & Tournaments > Name That Ballplayer! Episode II Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems