WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  3  4  5  6  7  8   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
WWWF Trivia Challenge  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Aug 4th, 2008 09:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
106th Post
HarryG
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sat Jun 28th, 2008
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado USA
Posts: 2019
Status: 
Offline
Son of a bitch! :X

The only day that I have to go into the f'n school and do business, the tourney comes and goes before I can even log on.

2nd round coming tomorrow?  If not, I'll post some ball-busters from MY era of the WWWF.  Just for shits and giggles.



____________________
Trying to find my way back....
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Aug 4th, 2008 09:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
107th Post
carpetbeggar
The Ayatollah Of Rock And Rolla


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Dangling From A Rope Of...CONFETTI!!!
Posts: 11668
Status: 
Offline
HarryG wrote: Son of a bitch! :X

The only day that I have to go into the f'n school and do business, the tourney comes and goes before I can even log on.

2nd round coming tomorrow?  If not, I'll post some ball-busters from MY era of the WWWF.  Just for shits and giggles.

Yeah I was surprised to not see you posting in it Harry as this would have been right up your alley and quite an awesome prize to boot. It would have been cool if it was in the evening as I think there would have been a bigger turn-out. Oh well there will always be a next time. Not as if I would have done anything spectacular anyways, even if I did participate.:D

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Aug 4th, 2008 10:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
108th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49221
Status: 
Offline
Clearly this is a marketing ploy by Beej to get people sitting in front of their computers on this website for the entire day.  I show up at 6:00 PM and miss 8 pages of action?  Beej, don't you have candidates to call to make sure their interviews went well?  I bet half of them pulled a NSNC while you were posting.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Aug 4th, 2008 11:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
109th Post
beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 41310
Status: 
Offline
We'll do another one at night at some point. It really was a blast. It was also a pretty intense 90 minutes. I really figured it all would take about 3 1/2 hours. Ooops.

Anyone who wants to host such a thing is welcome to. Keep in mind the site's theme (Sports & Wrestling) means we could have something as broad-based as a "NFL Trivia Challenge" or as narrow as something like a "New York Yankees Trivia Challenge".

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Aug 4th, 2008 11:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
110th Post
carpetbeggar
The Ayatollah Of Rock And Rolla


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Dangling From A Rope Of...CONFETTI!!!
Posts: 11668
Status: 
Offline
Should do a big 6 month trivia challenge where everyone entered into it throws in something to the prize pool and the winner wins a shitload of prizes.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Aug 4th, 2008 11:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
111th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49221
Status: 
Offline
I'm donating a Ricf Flair personal appearance to a wedding, bar mitzvah, funeral, or general Happy Hour of your choice.  Suggested retail price: $65.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Aug 4th, 2008 11:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
112th Post
carpetbeggar
The Ayatollah Of Rock And Rolla


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Dangling From A Rope Of...CONFETTI!!!
Posts: 11668
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: I'm donating a Ricf Flair personal appearance to a wedding, bar mitzvah, funeral, or general Happy Hour of your choice.  Suggested retail price: $65.


I'd switch over to Judaism and have a bar mitzvah for myself to get Flair to come to my place for a bash.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Aug 4th, 2008 11:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
113th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49221
Status: 
Offline
Just realize that you're responsible for the bar tab, sexual harrassment lawsuits, and all penis helicoptor-related injuries.  I just get him there, after that it's all on you to get rid of him.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Aug 4th, 2008 11:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
114th Post
carpetbeggar
The Ayatollah Of Rock And Rolla


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Dangling From A Rope Of...CONFETTI!!!
Posts: 11668
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: Just realize that you're responsible for the bar tab, sexual harrassment lawsuits, and all penis helicoptor-related injuries.  I just get him there, after that it's all on you to get rid of him.


Shit, I never took the getting rid of him part into account.

No go! I only want him for six, seven hours at the most. I guess I could call Arn to come get him off my couch and to pick his drunk ass up.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Aug 5th, 2008 02:50 am
  PM Quote Reply
115th Post
pjstef



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2186
Status: 
Offline
retroken wrote: that works but I liked the very first idea best:

10 or 20 questions and the first person to submit a list with most-correct-answers wins- but have it at a time when everyone can do it, say 9pm and keep it to 10 questions so it doesn't take two hours or whatever

 


I preferred it exactly as we had it - without time to Google. Maybe at night. But it is a lot on Beej to have 25 questions and type in responses and also keep score. I would be glad to help if I can.

When you get into scaveger hunt types of questions that are probably more complex, it is time consuming for the questions to be generated as well as submissions corrected. Just my opinion. But I would enjoy no matter which way.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Aug 5th, 2008 03:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
116th Post
carpetbeggar
The Ayatollah Of Rock And Rolla


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Dangling From A Rope Of...CONFETTI!!!
Posts: 11668
Status: 
Offline
pjstef wrote: retroken wrote: that works but I liked the very first idea best:

10 or 20 questions and the first person to submit a list with most-correct-answers wins- but have it at a time when everyone can do it, say 9pm and keep it to 10 questions so it doesn't take two hours or whatever

 


I preferred it exactly as we had it - without time to Google. Maybe at night. But it is a lot on Beej to have 25 questions and type in responses and also keep score. I would be glad to help if I can.

When you get into scaveger hunt types of questions that are probably more complex, it is time consuming for the questions to be generated as well as submissions corrected. Just my opinion. But I would enjoy no matter which way.

I see what you're saying there and you make some good points. I too would love to help and run contests too, but really have nothing to offer when it comes to prizes. I myself would like to see a long term contest that would go on over the course of a couple of months with standings, etc. Kinda like a fantasy league but with trivia instead of fantasy nplayers. Anyway, it's good to discuss it as the more we do the more ideas we get and everyone gets to add some of their own.:cool:

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Aug 5th, 2008 04:37 am
  PM Quote Reply
117th Post
carpetbeggar
The Ayatollah Of Rock And Rolla


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Dangling From A Rope Of...CONFETTI!!!
Posts: 11668
Status: 
Offline
How come the new 'private' section can still be seen if you are logged out and come to the site as a guest? Or is it just a temporary glitch?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 01:27 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  3  4  5  6  7  8     
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Games, Contests & Tournaments > WWWF Trivia Challenge Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems