WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > Aric Almirola gets ride with #43

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Aric Almirola gets ride with #43  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Jan 7th, 2012 10:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
katook



Joined: Tue Sep 21st, 2010
Location: In A Trailerpark Filled With Rednecks, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3372
Status: 
Offline
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=AnSwakTqqbJqy2itFXF1MrPov7YF?slug=ap-nascar-rpm-almirola

I personally think this is great,I don't know how many follow NASCAR regularly,but Almirola is one of the absolute nicest guys in the sport and deserves a chance.




____________________
since there doesn't seem to be a way to be vocal about being an Atheist without coming across as a condescending cock opening about it, you might as well go all the way with it.--Sek69
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Jan 8th, 2012 02:16 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Married Jo



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 6775
Status: 
Offline
he has deserved a shot at a Cup ride for about 3 years now, glad he finally got it...I hope they have some sponsorship lined up, so he gets a fair chance..

btw, my company just got the vending contract for the Roush/Yates engine shop, I'm going to go with maintenance to help them with the installation in a few weeks..:D



____________________
Well, Im of the opinion that one wouldnt actually have to eat the corn out of Chynas shit to know that nothing good could come of it. - Portalesman
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Jan 8th, 2012 02:18 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
martini
Sunny's White Knight


Joined: Fri Aug 13th, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 3899
Status: 
Offline
Almirola is a nice guy.

Too bad the 43 car doesn't mean a whole lot anymore.

At least it's full-time with a sponsor, though. Maybe this will open the eyes of a more elite team for him.



____________________
Shaken, but not stirred.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Jan 8th, 2012 02:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
carpetbeggar
The Ayatollah Of Rock And Rolla


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Dangling From A Rope Of...CONFETTI!!!
Posts: 11779
Status: 
Offline
Whose car is Almendinger taking over for? He's with Penske now...right?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Jan 8th, 2012 03:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
katook



Joined: Tue Sep 21st, 2010
Location: In A Trailerpark Filled With Rednecks, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3372
Status: 
Offline
Yeah,the Dinger has the 22 ride next year. Which is an improvement on Kurt Busch.



____________________
since there doesn't seem to be a way to be vocal about being an Atheist without coming across as a condescending cock opening about it, you might as well go all the way with it.--Sek69
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Jan 8th, 2012 04:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Married Jo



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 6775
Status: 
Offline
martini wrote:
Almirola is a nice guy.

Too bad the 43 car doesn't mean a whole lot anymore.

At least it's full-time with a sponsor, though. Maybe this will open the eyes of a more elite team for him.
that 43 car is capable of winning any given week. It's basically a Roush car, Roush builds the chassis, the engines, does everything including giving engineering support to them..



____________________
Well, Im of the opinion that one wouldnt actually have to eat the corn out of Chynas shit to know that nothing good could come of it. - Portalesman
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Jan 8th, 2012 04:15 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
cdewar19

 

Joined: Mon Feb 22nd, 2010
Location: In The Ruins Of CanadInns Stadium, Manitoba Canada
Posts: 1624
Status: 
Offline
Unless they got a new sponsor recently, the 43 does not have a sponsor. Best Buy left them for Kenseth's team.

EDIT: Checked out the Jayski site, and apparently the US Air Force will be sponsoring the #43 for at least part of the season.

Last edited on Sun Jan 8th, 2012 04:22 am by cdewar19



____________________
"Getting promotionally outmaneuvered by TNA is like when Cartman lost all of his events at the Special Olympics." - tofu chipmunk
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Jan 8th, 2012 04:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
tofu_chipmunk



Joined: Wed Aug 5th, 2009
Location: Suburban Fatlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 6706
Status: 
Offline
cdewar19 wrote: EDIT: Checked out the Jayski site, and apparently the US Air Force will be sponsoring the #43 for at least part of the season.

Better press if the car goes airborne in its crashes this year, then.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Jan 8th, 2012 04:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
martini
Sunny's White Knight


Joined: Fri Aug 13th, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 3899
Status: 
Offline
katook wrote: Yeah,the Dinger has the 22 ride next year. Which is an improvement on Kurt Busch.

Really?

Kurt Busch is a former Cup champion. He's made the chase in six seasons.

Has won at least one race in every season since 2001.

How is AJ an improvement other than from a public relations and being dealt by team management with perspective?

And AJ's no angel either with his DUI rap.

Married Jo wrote: martini wrote:
Almirola is a nice guy.

Too bad the 43 car doesn't mean a whole lot anymore.

At least it's full-time with a sponsor, though. Maybe this will open the eyes of a more elite team for him.
that 43 car is capable of winning any given week. It's basically a Roush car, Roush builds the chassis, the engines, does everything including giving engineering support to them..

When was the last win for the 43 team?

Last one I could find was John Andretti's 1999 win. They may get their chassis from Roush, but they don't have the support staff that a Roush team has.

Their pit crews aren't even in the league with Roush's and their drivers.. Well, you tell me if you'd rather have Carl Edwards of AJ.


Last edited on Sun Jan 8th, 2012 04:37 pm by martini



____________________
Shaken, but not stirred.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Jan 9th, 2012 01:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Married Jo



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 6775
Status: 
Offline
martini wrote:

When was the last win for the 43 team?

Last one I could find was John Andretti's 1999 win. They may get their chassis from Roush, but they don't have the support staff that a Roush team has.

Their pit crews aren't even in the league with Roush's and their drivers.. Well, you tell me if you'd rather have Carl Edwards of AJ.



don't buy into that "Number"...that's not the same #43 that was out there even as of 2 years ago. When Petty merged with Evernham/Gillette's old stuff and they moved to Ford, those are new cars, new everything. And yes, they don't get the complete support staff that Roush has, but they get a LOT of it, trust me. Basically Ford and Jack Roush run those teams, Richard Petty is there in name only, he actually owns less than 10% of that entire organization, a finance firm bought it the other year and kept the name and Petty on just to be the face. They aren't 100% a Roush team, but they're probably 80% and that's MORE than enough to win and win consistently in those cars. Dinger and Ambrose combined for 22 top tens and a win last year in those cars.

It's the exact same thing with Tony Stewart, those "Stewart/Haas" cars are nothing but cars #5 and #6 in Rick Hendrick's stable. He provides engines, chassis, engineers, PERSONNEL, everything..that shit pissed me off when he won the title and a lot of writers tried to play up the "The only owner since Alan Kulwicki to win a title as a driver" crap, that was such bullshit, at least Tony nipped that in the bud and said "No, it's not the same thing.."



____________________
Well, Im of the opinion that one wouldnt actually have to eat the corn out of Chynas shit to know that nothing good could come of it. - Portalesman
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Jan 9th, 2012 10:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
martini
Sunny's White Knight


Joined: Fri Aug 13th, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 3899
Status: 
Offline
Married Jo wrote: martini wrote:

When was the last win for the 43 team?

Last one I could find was John Andretti's 1999 win. They may get their chassis from Roush, but they don't have the support staff that a Roush team has.

Their pit crews aren't even in the league with Roush's and their drivers.. Well, you tell me if you'd rather have Carl Edwards of AJ.



don't buy into that "Number"...that's not the same #43 that was out there even as of 2 years ago. When Petty merged with Evernham/Gillette's old stuff and they moved to Ford, those are new cars, new everything. And yes, they don't get the complete support staff that Roush has, but they get a LOT of it, trust me. Basically Ford and Jack Roush run those teams, Richard Petty is there in name only, he actually owns less than 10% of that entire organization, a finance firm bought it the other year and kept the name and Petty on just to be the face. They aren't 100% a Roush team, but they're probably 80% and that's MORE than enough to win and win consistently in those cars. Dinger and Ambrose combined for 22 top tens and a win last year in those cars.

It's the exact same thing with Tony Stewart, those "Stewart/Haas" cars are nothing but cars #5 and #6 in Rick Hendrick's stable. He provides engines, chassis, engineers, PERSONNEL, everything..that shit pissed me off when he won the title and a lot of writers tried to play up the "The only owner since Alan Kulwicki to win a title as a driver" crap, that was such bullshit, at least Tony nipped that in the bud and said "No, it's not the same thing.."


How many wins has Richard Petty Motorsports had in its three years of existence?

They've had two. Ambrose last year at Watkins Glen and Kasey Kahne at Infineon in 2009.

That's not indicative of a team that can "win consistently." Hendrick Motorsports can win consistently.

Roush can, too.

Stewart-Haas Racing - they can as well.

Richard Childress Racing - well, Harvick at least - can be a contender each week.

Penske.. Top tier organization as well.

RPM, not so much.

I never claimed Petty was very involved. The fact is none of the RPM teams have shown any consistency in terms of winning or performing at a top tier Sprint Cup level.

I never claimed this "43" car was the same as the old. I only pointed out that the number doesn't carry the meaning it once did and it truly doesn't. The '43' car used to stand for NASCAR, period. You might not know Bobby Allison from the next guy, but you knew Richard Petty dominated the sport in the '43' car.

Those days are long gone and the car doesn't mean a whole lot anymore.



____________________
Shaken, but not stirred.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Jan 10th, 2012 01:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
katook



Joined: Tue Sep 21st, 2010
Location: In A Trailerpark Filled With Rednecks, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3372
Status: 
Offline
If you don't think the # on the car doesn't mean so much anymore,just wait a year or two until Austin Dillon takes to the track in a Sprint Cup car with the #3 on the side.

Some fans will cheer,some will threaten to never watch NASCAR again,and the whole debate will get ugly.




____________________
since there doesn't seem to be a way to be vocal about being an Atheist without coming across as a condescending cock opening about it, you might as well go all the way with it.--Sek69
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Jan 10th, 2012 02:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Married Jo



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 6775
Status: 
Offline
martini wrote:
Married Jo wrote: martini wrote:

When was the last win for the 43 team?

Last one I could find was John Andretti's 1999 win. They may get their chassis from Roush, but they don't have the support staff that a Roush team has.

Their pit crews aren't even in the league with Roush's and their drivers.. Well, you tell me if you'd rather have Carl Edwards of AJ.



don't buy into that "Number"...that's not the same #43 that was out there even as of 2 years ago. When Petty merged with Evernham/Gillette's old stuff and they moved to Ford, those are new cars, new everything. And yes, they don't get the complete support staff that Roush has, but they get a LOT of it, trust me. Basically Ford and Jack Roush run those teams, Richard Petty is there in name only, he actually owns less than 10% of that entire organization, a finance firm bought it the other year and kept the name and Petty on just to be the face. They aren't 100% a Roush team, but they're probably 80% and that's MORE than enough to win and win consistently in those cars. Dinger and Ambrose combined for 22 top tens and a win last year in those cars.

It's the exact same thing with Tony Stewart, those "Stewart/Haas" cars are nothing but cars #5 and #6 in Rick Hendrick's stable. He provides engines, chassis, engineers, PERSONNEL, everything..that shit pissed me off when he won the title and a lot of writers tried to play up the "The only owner since Alan Kulwicki to win a title as a driver" crap, that was such bullshit, at least Tony nipped that in the bud and said "No, it's not the same thing.."


How many wins has Richard Petty Motorsports had in its three years of existence?

They've had two. Ambrose last year at Watkins Glen and Kasey Kahne at Infineon in 2009.

That's not indicative of a team that can "win consistently." Hendrick Motorsports can win consistently.

Roush can, too.

Stewart-Haas Racing - they can as well.

Richard Childress Racing - well, Harvick at least - can be a contender each week.

Penske.. Top tier organization as well.

RPM, not so much.

I never claimed Petty was very involved. The fact is none of the RPM teams have shown any consistency in terms of winning or performing at a top tier Sprint Cup level.

I never claimed this "43" car was the same as the old. I only pointed out that the number doesn't carry the meaning it once did and it truly doesn't. The '43' car used to stand for NASCAR, period. You might not know Bobby Allison from the next guy, but you knew Richard Petty dominated the sport in the '43' car.

Those days are long gone and the car doesn't mean a whole lot anymore.
They had Dinger, Kahne, Ambrose and friggin SADLER in those cars for 3 years. NONE of those except maybe Kahne are GONNA get you more than 2 wins in 3 years in your cars, I don't care who's equipment it is. Kahne spent his entire time in that car bitching and complaining until they released him because he wanted to go to Hendrick, he wasn't giving his all in those cars, that's no secret. You point out that Stewart/Haas can win consistently, yeah, with a THREE TIME cup champion in the car. The Petty cars are the Roush equivalent of Stewart/Haas, that's what I'm trying to point out. I know how good that equipment is, I've mentioned it before, I have a friend that is an engineer with Roush, he has a championship ring from 2004 when he was the guy that hung the bodies on the #97 cars, he's been with Roush since the 90's, he's told me himself, Roush is now a production company. They roll the cars out like a line, they build the Roush cars and the Petty cars on the same line, same people building them, same engineers working on them, etc, etc. They then load them on a hauler and they go over to the RPM shop where RPM employees AND Roush employees prep them for the races. Trust me, you take Carl or Kenseth or the Biff and put them in that #43 car and he'd contend IMMEDIATELY in that equipment..


That is what Nascar is now, when they changed the rules on ownership 5 years or so ago, you basically had the teams go to this new "support" role to get around it. You talk about RCR, don't forget, that Furniture Row car that Ragan Smith drove to a win at Darlington last year, that is nothing but an RCR car, they get cars, engines and support from Childress. Basically out of the 35 in points, Roush/Hendrick/RCR and Gibbs field at any given point and time over 20 cars..



____________________
Well, Im of the opinion that one wouldnt actually have to eat the corn out of Chynas shit to know that nothing good could come of it. - Portalesman
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Jan 10th, 2012 04:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
martini
Sunny's White Knight


Joined: Fri Aug 13th, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 3899
Status: 
Offline
Married Jo wrote: martini wrote:
Married Jo wrote: martini wrote:

When was the last win for the 43 team?

Last one I could find was John Andretti's 1999 win. They may get their chassis from Roush, but they don't have the support staff that a Roush team has.

Their pit crews aren't even in the league with Roush's and their drivers.. Well, you tell me if you'd rather have Carl Edwards of AJ.



don't buy into that "Number"...that's not the same #43 that was out there even as of 2 years ago. When Petty merged with Evernham/Gillette's old stuff and they moved to Ford, those are new cars, new everything. And yes, they don't get the complete support staff that Roush has, but they get a LOT of it, trust me. Basically Ford and Jack Roush run those teams, Richard Petty is there in name only, he actually owns less than 10% of that entire organization, a finance firm bought it the other year and kept the name and Petty on just to be the face. They aren't 100% a Roush team, but they're probably 80% and that's MORE than enough to win and win consistently in those cars. Dinger and Ambrose combined for 22 top tens and a win last year in those cars.

It's the exact same thing with Tony Stewart, those "Stewart/Haas" cars are nothing but cars #5 and #6 in Rick Hendrick's stable. He provides engines, chassis, engineers, PERSONNEL, everything..that shit pissed me off when he won the title and a lot of writers tried to play up the "The only owner since Alan Kulwicki to win a title as a driver" crap, that was such bullshit, at least Tony nipped that in the bud and said "No, it's not the same thing.."


How many wins has Richard Petty Motorsports had in its three years of existence?

They've had two. Ambrose last year at Watkins Glen and Kasey Kahne at Infineon in 2009.

That's not indicative of a team that can "win consistently." Hendrick Motorsports can win consistently.

Roush can, too.

Stewart-Haas Racing - they can as well.

Richard Childress Racing - well, Harvick at least - can be a contender each week.

Penske.. Top tier organization as well.

RPM, not so much.

I never claimed Petty was very involved. The fact is none of the RPM teams have shown any consistency in terms of winning or performing at a top tier Sprint Cup level.

I never claimed this "43" car was the same as the old. I only pointed out that the number doesn't carry the meaning it once did and it truly doesn't. The '43' car used to stand for NASCAR, period. You might not know Bobby Allison from the next guy, but you knew Richard Petty dominated the sport in the '43' car.

Those days are long gone and the car doesn't mean a whole lot anymore.
They had Dinger, Kahne, Ambrose and friggin SADLER in those cars for 3 years. NONE of those except maybe Kahne are GONNA get you more than 2 wins in 3 years in your cars, I don't care who's equipment it is. Kahne spent his entire time in that car bitching and complaining until they released him because he wanted to go to Hendrick, he wasn't giving his all in those cars, that's no secret. You point out that Stewart/Haas can win consistently, yeah, with a THREE TIME cup champion in the car. The Petty cars are the Roush equivalent of Stewart/Haas, that's what I'm trying to point out. I know how good that equipment is, I've mentioned it before, I have a friend that is an engineer with Roush, he has a championship ring from 2004 when he was the guy that hung the bodies on the #97 cars, he's been with Roush since the 90's, he's told me himself, Roush is now a production company. They roll the cars out like a line, they build the Roush cars and the Petty cars on the same line, same people building them, same engineers working on them, etc, etc. They then load them on a hauler and they go over to the RPM shop where RPM employees AND Roush employees prep them for the races. Trust me, you take Carl or Kenseth or the Biff and put them in that #43 car and he'd contend IMMEDIATELY in that equipment..


That is what Nascar is now, when they changed the rules on ownership 5 years or so ago, you basically had the teams go to this new "support" role to get around it. You talk about RCR, don't forget, that Furniture Row car that Ragan Smith drove to a win at Darlington last year, that is nothing but an RCR car, they get cars, engines and support from Childress. Basically out of the 35 in points, Roush/Hendrick/RCR and Gibbs field at any given point and time over 20 cars..


Again, Roush has a much better support staff than RPM (crew chiefs, pit crews, race shop employees, etc.).

I've been to the tracks, too. I've seen the caliber of crew that Roush has and it's top notch. The cars may be the same, but the teams sure aren't. 

I don't think the 43 car is one that can win any given week and until someone proves me wrong, it appears I have statistics and the numbers of the past three years on my side.



____________________
Shaken, but not stirred.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Jan 11th, 2012 04:04 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
katook



Joined: Tue Sep 21st, 2010
Location: In A Trailerpark Filled With Rednecks, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3372
Status: 
Offline
Here's a little article I just  saw about Almirola today,I thought I would post it here

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=AnEEQyMBibac7.TyxlJmh_Dov7YF?slug=nascar_com-jmenzer-aalmirola-only-in-america-20120109

I really do hope Aric gets some good finishes and dare I say it a victory or 2,I think he is a class cat all the way and he is my favorite young driver,by far.




____________________
since there doesn't seem to be a way to be vocal about being an Atheist without coming across as a condescending cock opening about it, you might as well go all the way with it.--Sek69
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 07:19 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > Aric Almirola gets ride with #43 Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems