WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
NASCAR 2012  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Feb 17th, 2012 10:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
stone2k



Joined: Mon Nov 29th, 2010
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts USA
Posts: 8946
Status: 
Offline
They wrecked some of the shoot-out cars in practice a little bit ago. Tony Stewart, Kurt Busch, Kyle Busch, Brad Howeveryouspellit , Jeff Gordon and AJ  Walladinger.

Tonight on Speed they have the drawing for the places in the shoot out.

Biggest news is NASCAR cut off the C-post of Jimmie Johnsons car and sent them to the lab... no penalties yet, but some are sure to come.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=AhjpL2UdwJzBXeLAChs1TALov7YF?slug=ap-nascar-daytona500





____________________
Esoteric verbosity culminates in commutative ennui.

De gustibus non est disputandum
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Feb 17th, 2012 10:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
Married Jo



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 6735
Status: 
Offline
They went to Kurt Busch's garage stall and showed his backup car, since he's driving now for a low-funded team, they only have 1 fitted seat for him and it was in the primary car. So he's going to pretty much have to miss final practice while they take the seat and other parts of his wrecked car and bolt them into his backup.

It's gonna be a great season...:D:D:D



____________________
Well, Im of the opinion that one wouldnt actually have to eat the corn out of Chynas shit to know that nothing good could come of it. - Portalesman
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Feb 18th, 2012 12:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
katook



Joined: Tue Sep 21st, 2010
Location: In A Trailerpark Filled With Rednecks, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3370
Status: 
Offline
I cannot imagine that paragon of virtue Chad Knaus and/or the 48 team getting caught cheating by NASCAR.  (wish we had a sarcasm button,that no good SOB should have been banned from NASCAR long ago)



____________________
since there doesn't seem to be a way to be vocal about being an Atheist without coming across as a condescending cock opening about it, you might as well go all the way with it.--Sek69
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Feb 18th, 2012 01:05 am
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
stone2k



Joined: Mon Nov 29th, 2010
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts USA
Posts: 8946
Status: 
Offline
katook wrote: I cannot imagine that paragon of virtue Chad Knaus and/or the 48 team getting caught cheating by NASCAR.  (wish we had a sarcasm button,that no good SOB should have been banned from NASCAR long ago)

If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying. I love it it's totally old school NASCAR IMO.

I don't like Johnson at all, but I love the fact Knaus pushes it like they use to... and still should.



____________________
Esoteric verbosity culminates in commutative ennui.

De gustibus non est disputandum
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Feb 19th, 2012 02:41 am
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
katook



Joined: Tue Sep 21st, 2010
Location: In A Trailerpark Filled With Rednecks, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3370
Status: 
Offline
KYLE MOTHERFUCKIN' BUSCH!!!

Displays of great driving like I saw tonight is why he is my favorite driver,when his heads in the game there is absolutely nobody better,it really is as simple as that.

Jeff Gordon tried like hell to take him out,ended up crashing himself,his teammate and about 5 other cars and took one scary ride himself,and it's pretty clear that unless the guys all calm down the Daytona 500 is going to be a wreckfest that anybody can win.

No more 2 car tandems,real racing is back,and I can't wait until next Sunday.



____________________
since there doesn't seem to be a way to be vocal about being an Atheist without coming across as a condescending cock opening about it, you might as well go all the way with it.--Sek69
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Feb 19th, 2012 09:44 am
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
stone2k



Joined: Mon Nov 29th, 2010
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts USA
Posts: 8946
Status: 
Offline
katook wrote: KYLE MOTHERFUCKIN' BUSCH!!!

Displays of great driving like I saw tonight is why he is my favorite driver,when his heads in the game there is absolutely nobody better,it really is as simple as that.

Jeff Gordon tried like hell to take him out,ended up crashing himself,his teammate and about 5 other cars and took one scary ride himself,and it's pretty clear that unless the guys all calm down the Daytona 500 is going to be a wreckfest that anybody can win.

No more 2 car tandems,real racing is back,and I can't wait until next Sunday.

I liked the 2 car tandems and don't like the big packs at the super speedways, but that may just be me.

Gordons ride was scary IMO... he rode on his door for quite a bit before the barrel rolls... in the old days before they were more centered in the car, that wreck would have probably f'ed him up for the 500, but he was able to walk away.

I can't wait til the duals on Thursday!!!!

If you are not yet signed up, join our Fantasy League I believe there is still time!



____________________
Esoteric verbosity culminates in commutative ennui.

De gustibus non est disputandum
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Feb 19th, 2012 09:47 am
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
stone2k



Joined: Mon Nov 29th, 2010
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts USA
Posts: 8946
Status: 
Offline
I am also done with Steve Burns and Speeds Race Hub... to me, I swear they mention Danica and her Honey Badger comment every freaking night... way to glom on an old viral video and try to make it her thing Speed.



____________________
Esoteric verbosity culminates in commutative ennui.

De gustibus non est disputandum
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Feb 19th, 2012 12:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
katook



Joined: Tue Sep 21st, 2010
Location: In A Trailerpark Filled With Rednecks, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3370
Status: 
Offline
I have mixed feelings about Danica Patrick,her presence in NASCAR at seems to be bringing a lot of publicity and new fans to the sport,and whether we like it or not she is one helluva racecar driver or she wouldn't be there,good looks or not.  I would venture to say that none of us here could even come close to doing what she does in a racecar.

On the other hand,it is a fact that being a good looking female is a large part of what fuels "Danica mania",and she does know that and takes full advantage of it,which is really a smart thing on her part,you work with what you have in this world to make ends meet,and she isn't doing anything anybody else would not do.

I do believe that if Danica were just plain Dan she would not yet have a ride in the top series and would be toiling in the trucks or the Nationwide series,but she has shown that she is willing to learn her craft instead of acting like the world owes her something like she did in Indy car where absolutely nothing was ever her fault,so we shall see,I'm withholding judgement on Danica as a stock car driver for now,but I wish her well.



____________________
since there doesn't seem to be a way to be vocal about being an Atheist without coming across as a condescending cock opening about it, you might as well go all the way with it.--Sek69
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Feb 19th, 2012 11:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
39th Post
cdewar19

 

Joined: Mon Feb 22nd, 2010
Location: In The Ruins Of CanadInns Stadium, Manitoba Canada
Posts: 1614
Status: 
Offline
Holy fuck, was Kyle Busch's performance last night ever impressive. Both of the Hendrick golden boys spun him out, and he comes back with a dinged up car to win the race. Great pass on Stewart right at the finish to get it done too. Was really smart of him to push Stewart so far ahead of everyone else before trying to make the pass that there was no way he finished worse than second.

Hopefully everyone watched what was going on last night, and realized that you can't push the car in front of you on the left quarter panel anymore, otherwise the 500 is going to be a mess next Sunday.



____________________
"Getting promotionally outmaneuvered by TNA is like when Cartman lost all of his events at the Special Olympics." - tofu chipmunk
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Feb 20th, 2012 12:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
40th Post
Big Garea Fan

 

Joined: Wed Mar 4th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 2667
Status: 
Offline
Last night was an awesome race - even though Kyle Busch won.

Anybody got an over/under for the number of cars that will still be running at the final lap of the Daytona 500? If the 500 is anything like last night's race, I bet that half of the field will be crashed out before the race is over.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Feb 20th, 2012 02:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
41st Post
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
In the S & W fantasy NASCAR league, my two "A" drivers for Daytona are Kyle Busch and Carl Edwards. Not sure which one I'll start. I'll debate about it in my mind all week. 



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Feb 20th, 2012 05:21 am
  PM Quote Reply
42nd Post
katook



Joined: Tue Sep 21st, 2010
Location: In A Trailerpark Filled With Rednecks, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3370
Status: 
Offline
I'm saving Kyle for other races,Daytona is too much of a crapshoot.



____________________
since there doesn't seem to be a way to be vocal about being an Atheist without coming across as a condescending cock opening about it, you might as well go all the way with it.--Sek69
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Feb 20th, 2012 07:09 am
  PM Quote Reply
43rd Post
stone2k



Joined: Mon Nov 29th, 2010
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts USA
Posts: 8946
Status: 
Offline
I am leaning towards picking all Fords, but I am going to wait until after the Duals and see who wrecked or not... we don't have to pick until  before the race for Daytona in the first week.

I agree, it is a crapshoot though.




____________________
Esoteric verbosity culminates in commutative ennui.

De gustibus non est disputandum
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Feb 20th, 2012 07:36 am
  PM Quote Reply
44th Post
sek69



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posts: 5509
Status: 
Offline
katook wrote: I have mixed feelings about Danica Patrick,her presence in NASCAR at seems to be bringing a lot of publicity and new fans to the sport,and whether we like it or not she is one helluva racecar driver or she wouldn't be there,good looks or not.  I would venture to say that none of us here could even come close to doing what she does in a racecar.

On the other hand,it is a fact that being a good looking female is a large part of what fuels "Danica mania",and she does know that and takes full advantage of it,which is really a smart thing on her part,you work with what you have in this world to make ends meet,and she isn't doing anything anybody else would not do.

I do believe that if Danica were just plain Dan she would not yet have a ride in the top series and would be toiling in the trucks or the Nationwide series,but she has shown that she is willing to learn her craft instead of acting like the world owes her something like she did in Indy car where absolutely nothing was ever her fault,so we shall see,I'm withholding judgement on Danica as a stock car driver for now,but I wish her well.

She's a pretty good driver, but there's at least a few women racers in the developmental rungs of NASCAR who will probably never get 1/4th the chance she gets because they aren't as good looking and/or as willing to flaunt their tits for PR.

Hell, Simona de Silvestro nearly burning alive in the Indy circuit (and attempting to just wrap up second degree burns and drive afterward) should have gotten her more pub than Danica's latest lame GoDaddy ad, but as far as I know there's no glamor pix of her anywhere.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Feb 20th, 2012 10:44 am
  PM Quote Reply
45th Post
gwlee7



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 5301
Status: 
Offline
sek69 wrote: She's a pretty good driver, but there's at least a few women racers in the developmental rungs of NASCAR who will probably never get 1/4th the chance she gets because they aren't as good looking and/or as willing to flaunt their tits for PR.


 

She really doesn't have any tits to flaunt unless she's recently bought some.



____________________
I just think it's amazing that Trump is really on Twitter all day, personally writing this shit. He's about 3 beers away from joining S&W and getting into a flame war with Ports.----srossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 01:00 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > NASCAR 2012 Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems