WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > If Pats Win, Pure Speculation...Best 4-Time QB Champ

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
If Pats Win, Pure Speculation...Best 4-Time QB Champ  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Feb 3rd, 2012 08:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9688
Status: 
Offline
I sided with Brady in this debate, but there has not been a bigger whiner to play the QB position, either.  He is always yipping about being hit late, being hit below the knees, etc.  I guess he is just protecting his assets.



____________________
“Anybody notice that Papa Voo can make all these posts, despite the fact he hasn't been logged in all night? #S&W (Scumbag Liars & Worthless Trash)“

-(Comedian/Troll Wanna Be) Heenan Fan-
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Feb 3rd, 2012 09:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
yellowdog



Joined: Fri Mar 5th, 2010
Location: New Bern, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3810
Status: 
Offline
Papa Voo wrote: I sided with Brady in this debate, but there has not been a bigger whiner to play the QB position, either.  He is always yipping about being hit late, being hit below the knees, etc.  I guess he is just protecting his assets.

I call that working the officials



____________________
"It's a Dog Eat Dog World"
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Feb 3rd, 2012 09:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
BayouBoogie



Joined: Wed Oct 17th, 2007
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana USA
Posts: 6864
Status: 
Offline
yellowdog wrote:
Papa Voo wrote: I sided with Brady in this debate, but there has not been a bigger whiner to play the QB position, either.  He is always yipping about being hit late, being hit below the knees, etc.  I guess he is just protecting his assets.

I call that working the officials


That's exactly what he's doing. Most of the greats do it because it works. Jordan was the King.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Feb 3rd, 2012 09:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
Road Warrior Yajuta



Joined: Sat Jul 3rd, 2010
Location: D'Iberville, Ms, USA
Posts: 4798
Status: 
Offline
Monatna earned that first SB with a subpar team.  After that he captained a stacked team.  Brady annoys me but I have got to give him props.  He plays at a high level based on what he has.  He was a short to intermediate type QB when he had guys like Troy Brown.  He then worked the under with Welker and the deep ball with Moss.  Now he works the middle with his TEs and Welker.  He amazes me with his ability to elevate whatever type of receivers he has.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Feb 3rd, 2012 11:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17866
Status: 
Offline
If the Giants D holds Brady again and the GMen win, do they get credit as one of the toughest D's of all-time for holding one of the "top two QB's ever" from winning either SB when they played?
Much like the Giants D of the mid-late '80's had Montana's number.

Think about it. I know they were a sieve this entire season and Fewell completely sucked balls, but if they do pull it off...........



____________________
"That's what a pre-med degree will get you kids, nearly correct spelling and pissing in a bowl on Skype"-SRossi on Sunny
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Feb 4th, 2012 12:15 am
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
The Hammer



Joined: Sat Nov 17th, 2007
Location: A Trailer Park Near You, North Carolina USA
Posts: 4518
Status: 
Offline
Terry Bradshaw end of discussion.



____________________
"God bless Little Jimmy, and God bless the United States of America" R-Truth

"Do I want an Ice Cream Bar with my name on it? Your Damn Right!!" CM Punk



Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Feb 4th, 2012 05:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
DaNkinator



Joined: Tue Oct 23rd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 6116
Status: 
Offline
BayouBoogie wrote: yellowdog wrote:
Papa Voo wrote: I sided with Brady in this debate, but there has not been a bigger whiner to play the QB position, either.  He is always yipping about being hit late, being hit below the knees, etc.  I guess he is just protecting his assets.

I call that working the officials


That's exactly what he's doing. Most of the greats do it because it works. Jordan was the King.

Still makes him a fag.


Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Feb 6th, 2012 02:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
tofu_chipmunk



Joined: Wed Aug 5th, 2009
Location: Suburban Fatlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 6706
Status: 
Offline
Fair or not, this game takes Brady out of the Bradshaw/Montana discussion and puts him in the Elway/Staubach discussion.  Of course, it's no mark of shame to be in either discussion.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Feb 6th, 2012 03:49 am
  PM Quote Reply
39th Post
silentkiller



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Flatbush, Brooklyn
Posts: 1239
Status: 
Offline
tofu_chipmunk wrote:
Fair or not, this game takes Brady out of the Bradshaw/Montana discussion and puts him in the Elway/Staubach discussion.  Of course, it's no mark of shame to be in either discussion.

Elway is better than Bradshaw and so is Brady. Bradshaw is not a top 5 or even top 10 QB in league history.



____________________
http://www.hoopshabit.com
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Feb 6th, 2012 04:05 am
  PM Quote Reply
40th Post
stingmark



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9390
Status: 
Offline
silentkiller wrote:
tofu_chipmunk wrote:
Fair or not, this game takes Brady out of the Bradshaw/Montana discussion and puts him in the Elway/Staubach discussion.  Of course, it's no mark of shame to be in either discussion.

Elway is better than Bradshaw and so is Brady. Bradshaw is not a top 5 or even top 10 QB in league history.


How so if Both have losses in the sb, and neither has 4 sb rings? Thats your opinion, wrong mind you, but your opinion. Elway is below .500 in the sb, how is he "better"? Explain.

Bradshaw/Montana are both undefeated in SBs. Hell, Aikmens better than Elway, more rings & more SB wins.



____________________
"I went to the #6th ranked liberal Arts College in California, I'm smarter than anyone else"(Also found out to be a formerly racist institution-Jeff Forsyth)




Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Feb 6th, 2012 04:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
41st Post
PeteF3

 

Joined: Thu Dec 6th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1476
Status: 
Offline
"Count the rings" is no less idiotic of an argument for football than it is for baseball. Dan Marino had chunks of various Super Bowl-winning QBs in his stool. Christ, Plunkett won 2 SBs and he wasn't in Marino's zip code.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Feb 6th, 2012 04:16 am
  PM Quote Reply
42nd Post
silentkiller



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Flatbush, Brooklyn
Posts: 1239
Status: 
Offline
stingmark wrote:
silentkiller wrote:
tofu_chipmunk wrote:
Fair or not, this game takes Brady out of the Bradshaw/Montana discussion and puts him in the Elway/Staubach discussion.  Of course, it's no mark of shame to be in either discussion.

Elway is better than Bradshaw and so is Brady. Bradshaw is not a top 5 or even top 10 QB in league history.



Bradshaw/Montana are both undefeated in SBs. Hell, Aikmens better than Elway, more rings & more SB wins.


That's quite a foolish way of judging QBs since quarterbacks don't win titles, it's teams that win. Elway was better at every aspect of quarterbacking than both Aikman and Bradshaw and if he had great coaching and defense similar to those 2 he'd have a lot more titles.



____________________
http://www.hoopshabit.com
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Feb 6th, 2012 04:39 am
  PM Quote Reply
43rd Post
stingmark



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9390
Status: 
Offline
silentkiller wrote:
stingmark wrote:
silentkiller wrote:
tofu_chipmunk wrote:
Fair or not, this game takes Brady out of the Bradshaw/Montana discussion and puts him in the Elway/Staubach discussion.  Of course, it's no mark of shame to be in either discussion.

Elway is better than Bradshaw and so is Brady. Bradshaw is not a top 5 or even top 10 QB in league history.



Bradshaw/Montana are both undefeated in SBs. Hell, Aikmens better than Elway, more rings & more SB wins.


That's quite a foolish way of judging QBs since quarterbacks don't win titles, it's teams that win. Elway was better at every aspect of quarterbacking than both Aikman and Bradshaw and if he had great coaching and defense similar to those 2 he'd have a lot more titles.


Elway did have great coaching, he went to 4 straight sbs, and lost all 4. Defense alone cant win titles, you need someone to put the ball in the ez. You just admitted Qbs dont win titles by themselves? True. So, Elway wouldnt.be "better than either", as you said, qbs cant win titles by themselves. Youve proven the point that Elway isnt better than either, w/that right there. Hes UNDER .500 in sbs, hes part of a team, it still goes on his record. I still dont see how anyone can claim a guy whos "UNDER .500 in SBs, is in any way "better than" 3 guys(Montana/Bradshaw/Aikmen)whove never lost in a sb? & who have more rings than him. That makes no sense. But, your opinion.

Last edited on Mon Feb 6th, 2012 04:42 am by stingmark



____________________
"I went to the #6th ranked liberal Arts College in California, I'm smarter than anyone else"(Also found out to be a formerly racist institution-Jeff Forsyth)




Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Feb 6th, 2012 04:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
44th Post
silentkiller



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Flatbush, Brooklyn
Posts: 1239
Status: 
Offline
There's no point in discussing QB play with someone who thinks being undefeated in Super Bowls is what makes a QB better than another. I guess Jim Plunkett is better than Marino and Brady.



____________________
http://www.hoopshabit.com
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Feb 6th, 2012 05:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
45th Post
stingmark



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9390
Status: 
Offline
silentkiller wrote:
There's no point in discussing QB play with someone who thinks being undefeated in Super Bowls is what makes a QB better than another. I guess Jim Plunkett is better than Marino and Brady.

No, you claimed Elway was better than 3 guys who have more rings than him, & then tried using some goofy logic to try to back up your point. By your logic, Jim McMahon should be ranked higher than Elway then, b/c McMahon won both of his sb ringsbefore Elway did.

Sorry to break it to you, biased or not, Elways not "better than": Montana/Bradshaw/Aikmen or Brady, fact. Stats prove that.

Hell, Ben the rapist is argueably better than Elway.



____________________
"I went to the #6th ranked liberal Arts College in California, I'm smarter than anyone else"(Also found out to be a formerly racist institution-Jeff Forsyth)




Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 09:54 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > If Pats Win, Pure Speculation...Best 4-Time QB Champ Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems