WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > 2 Weeks From The NHL Trade Deadline

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
2 Weeks From The NHL Trade Deadline  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Feb 27th, 2012 07:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
106th Post
lobo316
Mr Baseball


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43236
Status: 
Offline

The Boston Bruins have acquired forward Brian Rolston and defenceman Mike Mottau from the New York Islanders for future considerations.

The 39-year-old winger has four goals and five assists in 49 games with the Islanders this season.

Rolston has scored 339 goals and 407 assists in 1235 career NHL games with the Devils, Bruins, Wild, Devils and Islanders.

He was originally selected in the first round (11th overall) of the 1991 NHL Entry Draft by the New Jersey Devils.

Mottau has registered two assists in 29 games for the Islanders this season.

He has scored seven goals and added 51 assists in 307 career games between the Islanders and Devils.

More details to follow.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Feb 27th, 2012 07:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
107th Post
CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
Really underwhelmed by what the Bruins did today. All they added was marginal depth - Brian Rolston ( RW ) and Mike Mottau ( D )  from the NYI and Greg Zanon ( D )  from Minnesota. With Horton and Peverly out I would have liked it if they could have added at least one top 9 forward. Peverely will be back soon but I get a feeling Horton may be done for the season.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Feb 27th, 2012 07:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
108th Post


 

Joined: 
Location:  
Posts: 
Status: 
Offline
Rangers got John Scott from the Hawks for a 5 rd pick.

With him and Prust and Rupp and Bickel, I guess they are going to try to punch their way through the playoffs.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Feb 27th, 2012 07:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
109th Post


 

Joined: 
Location:  
Posts: 
Status: 
Offline
Zach Kassian to Vancouver from Buffalo for Cody Hodgson.  Win for Vancouver.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Feb 27th, 2012 07:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
110th Post
freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
nyhack56 wrote: Zach Kassian to Vancouver from Buffalo for Cody Hodgson.  Win for Vancouver.
Dumb move by Buffalo. Kassian is a Bad Ass.



____________________

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Feb 27th, 2012 07:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
111th Post
freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
Nashville gets Paul Gaustad from Buffalo for a 1st & 4th round pick in this years draft.



____________________

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Feb 27th, 2012 08:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
112th Post
CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
freebirdsforever2001 wrote: Nashville gets Paul Gaustad from Buffalo for a 1st & 4th round pick in this years draft.
Actually the deal was Gaustad and a 2013 4th round pick for Nashville's 2012 1st round pick. So in consecutive years Nashville has traded 1st round picks for Mike Fisher and Paul Gaustad. :shock:



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Feb 27th, 2012 08:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
113th Post
cdewar19

 

Joined: Mon Feb 22nd, 2010
Location: In The Ruins Of CanadInns Stadium, Manitoba Canada
Posts: 1608
Status: 
Offline
Jets trade Captain Giveaway, Johnny Oduya to Chicago for their second and third rounders in 2013. Jets have a lot of defenseman, and Oduya doesn't add to the offense, and he isn't all that good at the defense at times. Like the trade, but that's probably because I can't stand him. :)

Doesn't address the Jets biggest need, which is someone who can score goals, but no point mortgaging the future to make a playoff run where you are going to be one-and-done anyway. Better hope for a lot of 2-1 wins down the stretch, and work on getting some offense in the off-season.



____________________
"Getting promotionally outmaneuvered by TNA is like when Cartman lost all of his events at the Special Olympics." - tofu chipmunk
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Feb 28th, 2012 01:09 am
  PM Quote Reply
114th Post
CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
Absolutely brutal day for both TSN and Sportsnet. Both shows started airing at 8 am Eastern and the first deal didn't happen until 10:30 am. One thing I found a little odd was that despite teams like Philly, Chicago and Toronto desparate to upgrade their goaltending not a single Goalie was traded today.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Feb 28th, 2012 10:58 am
  PM Quote Reply
115th Post
JB5



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 1018
Status: 
Offline
freebirdsforever2001 wrote: nyhack56 wrote: Zach Kassian to Vancouver from Buffalo for Cody Hodgson.  Win for Vancouver.
Dumb move by Buffalo. Kassian is a Bad Ass.


You guys need to watch Buffalo more to realize that Kassian has been playing like a pussy this year. The team told him he needed to stop being a dumbass (ie. getting into bar fights and getting suspended for 20 games in the OHL) and play hard physical hockey. He has done the exact opposite and has been avoiding contact unless absolutely necessary.

He has the talent, but I question the intelligence and drive to succeed. Hopefully, I am wrong and a change of scenery will get him back to his physical play



____________________
Some people are born on third base but go through life thinking they hit a Triple- Barry Switzer.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Feb 28th, 2012 11:44 am
  PM Quote Reply
116th Post
HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17866
Status: 
Offline
Mottau is one of the most overrated Rangers prospects (along with Manny Malhotra) that I can think of. I almost never drink the cool-aid on the hype that comes with NY prospects because of guys like this.



____________________
"That's what a pre-med degree will get you kids, nearly correct spelling and pissing in a bowl on Skype"-SRossi on Sunny
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Feb 28th, 2012 01:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
117th Post
lobo316
Mr Baseball


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43236
Status: 
Offline
CanadianHorseman wrote: Absolutely brutal day for both TSN and Sportsnet. Both shows started airing at 8 am Eastern and the first deal didn't happen until 10:30 am. One thing I found a little odd was that despite teams like Philly, Chicago and Toronto desparate to upgrade their goaltending not a single Goalie was traded today.

 

Burke said in an interview that the Leafs received a trade offer for Reimer but
the Leafs turned it down.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Feb 28th, 2012 02:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
118th Post


 

Joined: 
Location:  
Posts: 
Status: 
Offline
HBF wrote:
Mottau is one of the most overrated Rangers prospects (along with Manny Malhotra) that I can think of. I almost never drink the cool-aid on the hype that comes with NY prospects because of guys like this.

Don't forget Jan Hlavac, Jamie Lundmark and Thomas Pock. Remember Slats saying "I don't wanna give up any of my kids" about 10 years ago around the trading deadline?


Honestly I am glad the Rangers pretty much stayed put. I'd rather they take their chances with what they have. Play heart attack 1-0, 2-1 hockey. They've done it all year, they should be used to it.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Feb 28th, 2012 06:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
119th Post
freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
nyhack56 wrote: HBF wrote:
Mottau is one of the most overrated Rangers prospects (along with Manny Malhotra) that I can think of. I almost never drink the cool-aid on the hype that comes with NY prospects because of guys like this.

Don't forget Jan Hlavac, Jamie Lundmark and Thomas Pock. Remember Slats saying "I don't wanna give up any of my kids" about 10 years ago around the trading deadline?


Honestly I am glad the Rangers pretty much stayed put. I'd rather they take their chances with what they have. Play heart attack 1-0, 2-1 hockey. They've done it all year, they should be used to it.

Pavel Brendl



____________________

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Feb 28th, 2012 06:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
120th Post
freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
lobo316 wrote: CanadianHorseman wrote: Absolutely brutal day for both TSN and Sportsnet. Both shows started airing at 8 am Eastern and the first deal didn't happen until 10:30 am. One thing I found a little odd was that despite teams like Philly, Chicago and Toronto desparate to upgrade their goaltending not a single Goalie was traded today.

 

Burke said in an interview that the Leafs received a trade offer for Reimer but
the Leafs turned it down.

According to Darren Dreger, They could've gotten 1st round picks for Grabovski, Schenn, Kulemin, McArthur.



____________________

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 12:58 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > 2 Weeks From The NHL Trade Deadline Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems