WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > Fit just hit the shan for the Saints

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Fit just hit the shan for the Saints  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Mar 4th, 2012 10:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
61st Post
stingmark



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9390
Status: 
Offline
BayouBoogie wrote:
stingmark wrote:
BayouBoogie wrote:
stingmark wrote:
katook wrote:
because it's not as easy to win when you have to play fair.


This. Spot on. Patriots dont cheat= havent win in 5 yrs.

Saints dont cheat= wont win either.


This is absolutely ridiculous. Please llok at the Patriots record over that time period and tell me they "don't win." Absolute nonsense.


Please look &tell me how many sbs NEs won since spygate? (that would be ZERO), which means what Yajuta said, does have some truth to it.

Thats not ridiculous thats fact.


You didn't say winning Super Bowls. You said "winning" and they have one of, if not the, best record in the league in that period. Also made 2 SuperBowls which they lost to comebacks in the final minutes. Yes, your statement is ridiculous.
You do realize that only one team per year wins the SupeBowl. It
doesn't mean that the rest of them suck.


Never said they did, please show me where I said that? Not a team in the league that only plys for a winning record, they play to win the SB.

Youre assuming that I said that.

You do realize that the Packers & Giants have both proven that regular season records are meaningless.

My point was proven, since spygate, the Patriots havent won anything.
"almost winning 2 sb's" means nothing.........winning them does.

The Bills "almost won 4 sbs" they didnt.

Pats havent "won" a sb in 7 seasons. The Saints "almost won" this
year, but didnt.




Dont get me wrong, nice to see teams get there & on the surface looks good. But they still didnt win. We dont say "oh look theres Thurman Thomas, the almost 4 time sb champ".

Last edited on Sun Mar 4th, 2012 11:39 pm by stingmark



____________________
"I went to the #6th ranked liberal Arts College in California, I'm smarter than anyone else"(Also found out to be a formerly racist institution-Jeff Forsyth)




Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Mar 4th, 2012 11:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
62nd Post
stingmark



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9390
Status: 
Offline
Quattro wrote:
Sorry this isn't worse than spygate which was cheating. This was incentivizing hard hits and play. There is a difference.


"incentivizing hits"(against league rules)+knowingly breaking those rules=cheating in the leagues eyes.

Im sorry it happened to your team, they got caught, that sucks. But, when you do that, you have to pay..

Last edited on Sun Mar 4th, 2012 11:24 pm by stingmark



____________________
"I went to the #6th ranked liberal Arts College in California, I'm smarter than anyone else"(Also found out to be a formerly racist institution-Jeff Forsyth)




Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Mar 4th, 2012 11:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
63rd Post
stingmark



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9390
Status: 
Offline
mike3775 wrote:
BayouBoogie wrote: Odd that they're just now doing this. I don't know if "bounties" were public, but Gregg Williams has never made any bones about the fact coaches players to hurt other players.I bet its just like spygate, every team does it, just they got caught.  This probably still goes on as well, just its kept to a minimum on discussion and any talk happens on days off


Mike, the "everyone else does it too" arguement imo, is a weak one @ best for someone to use. Not directed towards you, but if "everyone else" jumped off a building, does that mean we all should too? No, they got caught. Williams did this @ 3/4 places, his " I didnt know it was cheating/ against league rules, aww shucks" attitude towards it,
proves he knew what he was doing was wrong. It was only after he
got caught,that he was apologetic.

Last edited on Mon Mar 5th, 2012 03:21 am by stingmark



____________________
"I went to the #6th ranked liberal Arts College in California, I'm smarter than anyone else"(Also found out to be a formerly racist institution-Jeff Forsyth)




Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Mar 4th, 2012 11:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
64th Post
mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
stingmark wrote: mike3775 wrote:
BayouBoogie wrote: Odd that they're just now doing this. I don't know if "bounties" were public, but Gregg Williams has never made any bones about the fact coaches players to hurt other players.I bet its just like spygate, every team does it, just they got caught.  This probably still goes on as well, just its kept to a minimum on discussion and any talk happens on days off


Mike, the "everyone else does it too" arguement imo, is a weak one @ best for someone to use. Not directed towards you, but if "everyone else" jumped off a building, does that mean we all should too? No, they got caught. Williams did this @ 3/4 places, his " I didnt know it was cheating/ against league rules, aww shucks" attitude towards it, proves he knew what he was doing was wrong. It was only after he got caught, did he got caught,that he was apologetic.
Oh please, you honestly think ONLY the Saints did this?  You really think ONLY the Pats video taped signals?

No.  Other teams did it and still do it today, they just have not been caught and talk about it.

This would be a non story today if one player sometime during this past season, had not opened his mouth to the wrong person and that person went to the NFL which resulted in the re-opening of a 2 yr old investigation

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Mar 5th, 2012 02:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
65th Post
stingmark



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9390
Status: 
Offline
mike3775 wrote: stingmark wrote: mike3775 wrote:
BayouBoogie wrote: Odd that they're just now doing this. I don't know if "bounties" were public, but Gregg Williams has never made any bones about the fact coaches players to hurt other players.I bet its just like spygate, every team does it, just they got caught.  This probably still goes on as well, just its kept to a minimum on discussion and any talk happens on days off


Mike, the "everyone else does it too" arguement imo, is a weak one @ best for someone to use. Not directed towards you, but if "everyone else" jumped off a building, does that mean we all should too? No, they got caught. Williams did this @ 3/4 places, his " I didnt know it was cheating/ against league rules, aww shucks" attitude towards it, proves he knew what he was doing was wrong. It was only after he got caught, did he got caught,that he was apologetic.
Oh please, you honestly think ONLY the Saints did this?  You really think ONLY the Pats video taped signals?

No.  Other teams did it and still do it today, they just have not been caught and talk about it.

This would be a non story today if one player sometime during this past season, had not opened his mouth to the wrong person and that person went to the NFL which resulted in the re-opening of a 2 yr old investigation


No, Im saying that the excuse that "everyone else does it" is just that, an excuse. I would say the same if it were my shitty Lions.

 

You're probably right about the guy opening his mouth to someone else. Its a big deakl b/c someone made it that way.



____________________
"I went to the #6th ranked liberal Arts College in California, I'm smarter than anyone else"(Also found out to be a formerly racist institution-Jeff Forsyth)




Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Mar 5th, 2012 02:36 am
  PM Quote Reply
66th Post
ChrisOTL

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1312
Status: 
Offline
stingmark wrote: mike3775 wrote: stingmark wrote: mike3775 wrote:
BayouBoogie wrote: Odd that they're just now doing this. I don't know if "bounties" were public, but Gregg Williams has never made any bones about the fact coaches players to hurt other players.I bet its just like spygate, every team does it, just they got caught.  This probably still goes on as well, just its kept to a minimum on discussion and any talk happens on days off


Mike, the "everyone else does it too" arguement imo, is a weak one @ best for someone to use. Not directed towards you, but if "everyone else" jumped off a building, does that mean we all should too? No, they got caught. Williams did this @ 3/4 places, his " I didnt know it was cheating/ against league rules, aww shucks" attitude towards it, proves he knew what he was doing was wrong. It was only after he got caught, did he got caught,that he was apologetic.
Oh please, you honestly think ONLY the Saints did this?  You really think ONLY the Pats video taped signals?

No.  Other teams did it and still do it today, they just have not been caught and talk about it.

This would be a non story today if one player sometime during this past season, had not opened his mouth to the wrong person and that person went to the NFL which resulted in the re-opening of a 2 yr old investigation


No, Im saying that the excuse that "everyone else does it" is just that, an excuse.
I agree with Stingy here.

They got caught, and now theyre going to pay the price. If you get caught drinking and driving, pointing at your neighbor and saying "he does it too" isn't an acceptable defense. It shouldn't be here, either.


I wouldn't be shocked if Gregg Williams is completely kicked out of the league after he meets with the NFL tomorrow. Not only has he been doing this for years - he LIED to the NFL about it on numerous occasions when asked about it. Player safety has become the NFL's #1 priority, and because of that, and the lawsuits they're facing from older players regarding it; this will be dealt with, and dealt with very harshly.

Nevermind the fact that all these payouts are salary-cap violations, which is what I expect the Saints will also be punished for. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Mar 5th, 2012 11:51 am
  PM Quote Reply
67th Post
mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
I'm not saying it is an excuse that they did it, just saying that it is going on and will continue to go on, just way more lower key than it was with the Saints.  Much like the Patriots and videotaping. 

The NFL is going to make an example of them, but its not going to eliminate it at all, its just going to drive it further underground where the only talk of it will be at player houses where the payouts will occur. 

It will be interesting to see if the NFL will turn the list of players who "won" the bounties over to the IRS, since that is considered income, and I will bet not one player put it on their tax forms

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Mar 5th, 2012 06:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
68th Post
stingmark



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9390
Status: 
Offline
Adam Schefters reporting that the Saints organization is going to be hit hard for this. Said that hes had this bounty system @ every pro team hes been w/. Teddy Bruschi & Darren Woodson said they think Williams will be suspended for awhile.

Sean Payton & the Saints front office are fucked too.

Sad to see it happen to a Drew Brees team.



____________________
"I went to the #6th ranked liberal Arts College in California, I'm smarter than anyone else"(Also found out to be a formerly racist institution-Jeff Forsyth)




Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Mar 5th, 2012 07:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
69th Post
Road Warrior Yajuta



Joined: Sat Jul 3rd, 2010
Location: D'Iberville, Ms, USA
Posts: 4797
Status: 
Offline
stingmark wrote: Adam Schefters reporting that the Saints organization is going to be hit hard for this. Said that hes had this bounty system @ every pro team hes been w/. Teddy Bruschi & Darren Woodson said they think Williams will be suspended for awhile.

Sean Payton & the Saints front office are fucked too.

Sad to see it happen to a Drew Brees team.
Loved seeing Brushi and Woodson say they had bounty systems but not like the ons the Saints had.  There was never any intention to hurt with the ones their teams had.  See, that is why the fucking Packers got away with it.  Oh we were going for stat based bounties, not trying to hurt anyone.  Again, they put Petersen out with a cheap shot to his knee.  I call Bullshit on them not trying to hurt him.   I call bullshit on Woodson and Bruschi.  This is bounty system has long been part of the culture in the League.  To think the Saints are the only ones that did this is the dumbest fucking thing I have ever heard. 

The Saints were fucking idiots.  I think the League would have let it go had the Saints stopped it like they told the League.  I think that more than them having a bounty system is why Goodhell is going to nail their balls to the wall.  I want to know how Loomis still has his job.  The story going around is he told Benson it was ended.  Now, either he lied to Benson or someone is lying to give Benson a get Out of Jail Free Card.  The fact he still has his job makes me think he is taking one for his bossman. 



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Mar 5th, 2012 08:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
70th Post
mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
Road Warrior Yajuta wrote: stingmark wrote: Adam Schefters reporting that the Saints organization is going to be hit hard for this. Said that hes had this bounty system @ every pro team hes been w/. Teddy Bruschi & Darren Woodson said they think Williams will be suspended for awhile.

Sean Payton & the Saints front office are fucked too.

Sad to see it happen to a Drew Brees team.
Loved seeing Brushi and Woodson say they had bounty systems but not like the ons the Saints had.  There was never any intention to hurt with the ones their teams had.  See, that is why the fucking Packers got away with it.  Oh we were going for stat based bounties, not trying to hurt anyone.  Again, they put Petersen out with a cheap shot to his knee.  I call Bullshit on them not trying to hurt him.   I call bullshit on Woodson and Bruschi.  This is bounty system has long been part of the culture in the League.  To think the Saints are the only ones that did this is the dumbest fucking thing I have ever heard. 

The Saints were fucking idiots.  I think the League would have let it go had the Saints stopped it like they told the League.  I think that more than them having a bounty system is why Goodhell is going to nail their balls to the wall.  I want to know how Loomis still has his job.  The story going around is he told Benson it was ended.  Now, either he lied to Benson or someone is lying to give Benson a get Out of Jail Free Card.  The fact he still has his job makes me think he is taking one for his bossman. 
I said earlier, this is far from over, I have a feeling that Benson is waiting for the punishment to be determined before taking any action. 

On some sports radio shows, some legal experts are saying Loomis can be fired right now "for cause" for lying to Benson, while other legal experts say he can't be fired "for cause" yet because the NFL has not handed out its punishment yet, and depending on the wording of the contract, a firing right now may equal the team having to pay him a buyout amount, where if he gets suspended then fired, he loses that.  Thats just one theory thats been mentioned as to why he is still GM

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Mar 6th, 2012 02:16 am
  PM Quote Reply
71st Post
stingmark



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9390
Status: 
Offline
mike3775 wrote: Road Warrior Yajuta wrote: stingmark wrote: Adam Schefters reporting that the Saints organization is going to be hit hard for this. Said that hes had this bounty system @ every pro team hes been w/. Teddy Bruschi & Darren Woodson said they think Williams will be suspended for awhile.

Sean Payton & the Saints front office are fucked too.

Sad to see it happen to a Drew Brees team.
Loved seeing Brushi and Woodson say they had bounty systems but not like the ons the Saints had.  There was never any intention to hurt with the ones their teams had.  See, that is why the fucking Packers got away with it.  Oh we were going for stat based bounties, not trying to hurt anyone.  Again, they put Petersen out with a cheap shot to his knee.  I call Bullshit on them not trying to hurt him.   I call bullshit on Woodson and Bruschi.  This is bounty system has long been part of the culture in the League.  To think the Saints are the only ones that did this is the dumbest fucking thing I have ever heard. 

The Saints were fucking idiots.  I think the League would have let it go had the Saints stopped it like they told the League.  I think that more than them having a bounty system is why Goodhell is going to nail their balls to the wall.  I want to know how Loomis still has his job.  The story going around is he told Benson it was ended.  Now, either he lied to Benson or someone is lying to give Benson a get Out of Jail Free Card.  The fact he still has his job makes me think he is taking one for his bossman. 
I said earlier, this is far from over, I have a feeling that Benson is waiting for the punishment to be determined before taking any action. 

On some sports radio shows, some legal experts are saying Loomis can be fired right now "for cause" for lying to Benson, while other legal experts say he can't be fired "for cause" yet because the NFL has not handed out its punishment yet, and depending on the wording of the contract, a firing right now may equal the team having to pay him a buyout amount, where if he gets suspended then fired, he loses that.  Thats just one theory thats been mentioned as to why he is still GM


Update: Looks as if Saints onwer is standing behind his guys(kinda dumb IMO) Personally, I think they're all fucked:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-source-saints-owner-backing-232717253--nfl.html;_ylt=AhyrpbvkP9c0__5GvuZ9dAo5nYcB

 



____________________
"I went to the #6th ranked liberal Arts College in California, I'm smarter than anyone else"(Also found out to be a formerly racist institution-Jeff Forsyth)




Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Mar 6th, 2012 02:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
72nd Post
HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17866
Status: 
Offline
Alot of people are saying Williams should be banned for life. I am not sure that will happen but who in their right mind would ever hire him?



____________________
"That's what a pre-med degree will get you kids, nearly correct spelling and pissing in a bowl on Skype"-SRossi on Sunny
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Mar 6th, 2012 02:24 am
  PM Quote Reply
73rd Post
mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
HBF wrote: Alot of people are saying Williams should be banned for life. I am not sure that will happen but who in their right mind would ever hire him?If its proven he did it at Buffalo, Washington, and New Orleans, yes he should be shit canned and banned. 


Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Mar 6th, 2012 02:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
74th Post
Chrisstlouis

 

Joined: Thu Jun 11th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 2397
Status: 
Offline
HBF wrote:
Alot of people are saying Williams should be banned for life. I am not sure that will happen but who in their right mind would ever hire him? His BFF

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Mar 6th, 2012 02:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
75th Post
sek69



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posts: 5509
Status: 
Offline
What's going to kill everyone involved with this is the coverup, and also lying to the NFL when they were first looking into the allegations. You know King Rog is going to go all swinging dick over this.

Also people need to stop with the whole nonsense that it somehow proves anything that NE hasn't won a Super Bowl since Spygate. They've been one of the more dominant teams in the AFC, always in the playoffs, and went to two Bowls in that time frame. Both losses were a result of performances that were for the ages. All that's proved is it's really hard to win championships (and perhaps that the Giants have the book on how to beat them).



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 09:19 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > Fit just hit the shan for the Saints Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems