WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
2012-13 nba season  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu May 2nd, 2013 03:33 am
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13600
Status: 
Offline
Benlen wrote:
The over under on the Warriors is 34 and a half.
I am betting over.


Nailed this one for 300 bucks.:)



____________________
Only thing harder than achieving excellence is maintaining it.
Dream Well. It may come true.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat May 4th, 2013 06:28 am
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
carpetbeggar
The Ayatollah Of Rock And Rolla


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Dangling From A Rope Of...CONFETTI!!!
Posts: 12102
Status: 
Offline
I'm so glad that Mempho beat out The Clippers tonight. Takes a bit of the sting of The Lakers getting whipped by The Spurs away. The Rockets getting tossed by The Thunder was nice too.

I don't know what I'd do if The Clippers ever won the NBA title?

If that day ever comes it will be a sad, sad day for Lakers fans worldwide.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun May 5th, 2013 09:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
The Clippers lost. So did the Nets. OKC won the first game of the series against Memphis.

Indiana 64 Knicks 57 mid 3rd quarter



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun May 5th, 2013 09:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/05/lebron-james-named-mvp-misses-becoming-unanimous-selection-by-a-single-vote/

LeBron James named MVP, misses becoming unanimous selection by a single vote
Brett Pollakoff May 5, 2013, 3:27 PM EDT

The news we’ve known about for a few days now became official on Sunday, as LeBron James was named the league’s Most Valuable Player for the fourth time in his career.

There was no suspense surrounding the crowning of James, but there was some curiosity to see whether or not he might be a unanimous winner of the award for the first time in league history.

He was not.

James received 120 out of 121 first place votes, and one second place vote. The player who received LeBron’s missing first place vote was Carmelo Anthony of the New York Knicks.

This matters little in the grand scheme of things, as James will receive his fourth trophy just as he would have had he received every last one of those first place votes. But much like the MVP race in 2000, when Shaquille O’Neal’s season was similarly dominant and he missed out on being the unanimous choice by way of a single vote that went to Allen Iverson, it’s going to be fodder for discussion.

The NBA awards are voted upon anonymously by members of the media, so unless the person who gave Anthony that first place vote decides to reveal himself, we’ll never know the reasoning behind the decision. Something tells me, however, that whoever didn’t vote for James will be more than happy to spend a few moments in the spotlight.



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun May 5th, 2013 10:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Indiana wins game 1 102-95.



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon May 6th, 2013 02:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
clawmaster wrote:
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/05/lebron-james-named-mvp-misses-becoming-unanimous-selection-by-a-single-vote/

LeBron James named MVP, misses becoming unanimous selection by a single vote
Brett Pollakoff May 5, 2013, 3:27 PM EDT

The news we’ve known about for a few days now became official on Sunday, as LeBron James was named the league’s Most Valuable Player for the fourth time in his career.

There was no suspense surrounding the crowning of James, but there was some curiosity to see whether or not he might be a unanimous winner of the award for the first time in league history.

He was not.

James received 120 out of 121 first place votes, and one second place vote. The player who received LeBron’s missing first place vote was Carmelo Anthony of the New York Knicks.

This matters little in the grand scheme of things, as James will receive his fourth trophy just as he would have had he received every last one of those first place votes. But much like the MVP race in 2000, when Shaquille O’Neal’s season was similarly dominant and he missed out on being the unanimous choice by way of a single vote that went to Allen Iverson, it’s going to be fodder for discussion.

The NBA awards are voted upon anonymously by members of the media, so unless the person who gave Anthony that first place vote decides to reveal himself, we’ll never know the reasoning behind the decision. Something tells me, however, that whoever didn’t vote for James will be more than happy to spend a few moments in the spotlight.


Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe was the loner who kept LeBron from being unanimous MVP.



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue May 7th, 2013 02:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Da Bulls kicked Miami's fucking ass!! Smoked them in the 4th quarter to take a 1-0 lead in the series.



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue May 7th, 2013 11:50 am
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Spurs beat Warriors in 2 OT to go up 1-0 in the series.



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed May 8th, 2013 02:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
39th Post
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
The Knicks absolutely stomped the Pacers to even the series at one.



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed May 8th, 2013 01:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
40th Post


 

Joined: 
Location:  
Posts: 
Status: 
Offline
clawmaster wrote:
The Knicks absolutely stomped the Pacers to even the series at one.

The Knicks are fucking stupid if they don't run the pick and roll against this Pacer team all series. It's been there all day through the first 2 games.

Everybody is making this about Melo, but from what I have seen, no one on Indiana can guard Felton or Prigioni going to the basket. The Pacers have great perimeter defense and Hibbert is a beast in the blocks. This is why the pick and roll has been effective and if the Knicks continue it they'll win this series.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu May 9th, 2013 01:53 am
  PM Quote Reply
41st Post
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
clawmaster wrote:
Da Bulls kicked Miami's fucking ass!! Smoked them in the 4th quarter to take a 1-0 lead in the series.

Miami got their revenge tonight. I expect Miami to win the next three games.



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat May 11th, 2013 03:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
42nd Post
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Heat 104 Bulls 94. Heat up 2 games to 1.



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat May 11th, 2013 04:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
43rd Post
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Spurs 57 Warriors 48 at half.



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat May 11th, 2013 12:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
44th Post
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Spurs beat Warriors to take a 2 to 1 lead in the series.



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun May 12th, 2013 02:55 am
  PM Quote Reply
45th Post
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Pacers beat the Knicks to take a 2 to 1 lead in the series.

Memphis beat OKC to take a 2 to 1 lead in the series.



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 09:14 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > 2012-13 nba season Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems