WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > All purpose Hockey thread

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
All purpose Hockey thread  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Apr 3rd, 2013 07:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
316th Post


 

Joined: 
Location:  
Posts: 
Status: 
Offline
HBF wrote:
khawk wrote:
HBF wrote: The players are not the problem with the Rangers, it's the stubborn asshole of a coach they have.
I meant that 3 good draft picks for Clowe is a huge overpayment...that's on their GM, Glen Sather.


And they sent down Miller and Kreider. I hate the Rangers!


And now they traded Gaborik away:

A stunner of a deal coming out of Ohio today — the Blue Jackets have acquired New York Rangers sniper Marian Gaborik.

The deal was pending as Gaborik held no-trade clause, which he waived.

The move is an absolute blockbuster for rookie GM Jarmo Kekalainen, who has only been on the job in Columbus since mid-February.

That said, New York’s return is plentiful. TSN’s Darren Dreger reports forwards Derek Brassard, Derek Dorsett and defenseman John Moore (plus a sixth-round pick in 2013) would be on their way to the Big Apple.

Brassard was Columbus’ first-round pick in 2006, Moore the club’s first-rounder in 2009 and Dorsett is one of the team’s alternate captains.

It should be noted that Dorsett is likely done for the season with a broken clavicle. ESPN’s Katie Strang is reporting that Dorsett could be back by the playoffs, though.

A three-time 40-goal scorer (including 41 last year), Gaborik will provide instant offense to a Columbus team that only has one 10-goal scorer this year in Vinny Prospal.

That said, the BJ’s will have to pay.

Gaborik has two years remaining on his five-year, $37.5 million deal and carries an annual cap hit of $7.5 million.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Apr 3rd, 2013 07:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
317th Post
HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17866
Status: 
Offline
nyhack56 wrote:
HBF wrote:
khawk wrote:
HBF wrote: The players are not the problem with the Rangers, it's the stubborn asshole of a coach they have.
I meant that 3 good draft picks for Clowe is a huge overpayment...that's on their GM, Glen Sather.


And they sent down Miller and Kreider. I hate the Rangers!


And now they traded Gaborik away:

A stunner of a deal coming out of Ohio today — the Blue Jackets have acquired New York Rangers sniper Marian Gaborik.

The deal was pending as Gaborik held no-trade clause, which he waived.

The move is an absolute blockbuster for rookie GM Jarmo Kekalainen, who has only been on the job in Columbus since mid-February.

That said, New York’s return is plentiful. TSN’s Darren Dreger reports forwards Derek Brassard, Derek Dorsett and defenseman John Moore (plus a sixth-round pick in 2013) would be on their way to the Big Apple.

Brassard was Columbus’ first-round pick in 2006, Moore the club’s first-rounder in 2009 and Dorsett is one of the team’s alternate captains.

It should be noted that Dorsett is likely done for the season with a broken clavicle. ESPN’s Katie Strang is reporting that Dorsett could be back by the playoffs, though.

A three-time 40-goal scorer (including 41 last year), Gaborik will provide instant offense to a Columbus team that only has one 10-goal scorer this year in Vinny Prospal.

That said, the BJ’s will have to pay.

Gaborik has two years remaining on his five-year, $37.5 million deal and carries an annual cap hit of $7.5 million.


And Gaborik will go nuts again. It's not him, or Nash. Or the young guys. It's fucking Tortorella. I hate him, Sather and douchebag Nolan.



____________________
"That's what a pre-med degree will get you kids, nearly correct spelling and pissing in a bowl on Skype"-SRossi on Sunny
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Apr 3rd, 2013 07:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
318th Post


 

Joined: 
Location:  
Posts: 
Status: 
Offline
HBF wrote:
nyhack56 wrote:
HBF wrote:
khawk wrote:
HBF wrote: The players are not the problem with the Rangers, it's the stubborn asshole of a coach they have.
I meant that 3 good draft picks for Clowe is a huge overpayment...that's on their GM, Glen Sather.


And they sent down Miller and Kreider. I hate the Rangers!


And now they traded Gaborik away:

A stunner of a deal coming out of Ohio today — the Blue Jackets have acquired New York Rangers sniper Marian Gaborik.

The deal was pending as Gaborik held no-trade clause, which he waived.

The move is an absolute blockbuster for rookie GM Jarmo Kekalainen, who has only been on the job in Columbus since mid-February.

That said, New York’s return is plentiful. TSN’s Darren Dreger reports forwards Derek Brassard, Derek Dorsett and defenseman John Moore (plus a sixth-round pick in 2013) would be on their way to the Big Apple.

Brassard was Columbus’ first-round pick in 2006, Moore the club’s first-rounder in 2009 and Dorsett is one of the team’s alternate captains.

It should be noted that Dorsett is likely done for the season with a broken clavicle. ESPN’s Katie Strang is reporting that Dorsett could be back by the playoffs, though.

A three-time 40-goal scorer (including 41 last year), Gaborik will provide instant offense to a Columbus team that only has one 10-goal scorer this year in Vinny Prospal.

That said, the BJ’s will have to pay.

Gaborik has two years remaining on his five-year, $37.5 million deal and carries an annual cap hit of $7.5 million.


And Gaborik will go nuts again. It's not him, or Nash. Or the young guys. It's fucking Tortorella. I hate him, Sather and douchebag Nolan.



Actually I think Gabby is done. He got hurt last year and still hasn't recovered. Although I do agree that Torts offensive system is fucking awful.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Apr 3rd, 2013 08:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
319th Post
PeteF3

 

Joined: Thu Dec 6th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1476
Status: 
Offline
I think I asked this here the last time the CBJ were in a playoff spot, but help out this hockey novice again: how excited should I be?

I'm not asking this team to win the Cup this year, I'm asking to make a playoff appearance and not get swept. That's it. Anything else is gravy. Should I finally have some optimism for this season AND future seasons for this team?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Apr 3rd, 2013 08:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
320th Post
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Almost all the trades today.

To Boston: D Wade Redden
To St. Louis: 2013 seventh-round pick

To New Jersey: F Steve Sullivan
To Phoenix: 2013 seventh-round pick

To Anaheim: F Matthew Lombardi
To Phoenix: F Brandon McMillan

To Toronto: D Ryan O’Byrne
To Colorado: 2014 fourth-round pick

To San Jose: F Raffi Torres
To Phoenix: 2013 third-round pick

To Columbus: F Blake Comeau
To Calgary: 2013 fifth-round pick

To Minnesota: F Jason Pominville, 2014 fourth-round pick
To Buffalo: G Matt Hackett, F Johan Larsson, 2013 first-round pick, 2014 second-round pick

To Philadelphia: G Steve Mason
To Columbus: G Michael Leighton, 2013 third-round pick

To Columbus: F Marian Gaborik, Steven Delisle, Blake Partlett
To New York Rangers: F Derick Brassard, F Derek Dorsett, D John Moore and 2013 sixth-round pick

To Tampa Bay: G Ben Bishop
To Ottawa: F Cory Conacher, 2013 fourth-round pick

To Pittsburgh: F Jussi Jokinen
To Carolina: 2013 conditional draft pick

To Edmonton: F Jerred Smithson
To Florida: 2013 fourth-round pick

To San Jose: D Scott Hannan
To Nashville: 2013 sixth-/seventh-round pick

To Boston: F Rob Flick
To Chicago: F Maxime Sauve



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Apr 3rd, 2013 09:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
321st Post
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Two more trades just announced.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/03/trade-caps-acquire-erat-from-nashville-for-forsberg/

Trade: Caps acquire Erat from Nashville for Forsberg

Mike Halford

Apr 3, 2013, 5:04 PM EDT

The Washington Capitals provided the most suspenseful moments on Wednesday, announcing they’d acquired Nashville forward Martin Erat nearly two hours after the trade deadline had passed.

In exchange, Washington has sent Filip Forsberg — the club’s first-round pick (11th overall) at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft — to the Preds.

The Caps will also receive AHL forward Michael Latta in addition to Erat.

Erat, 31, has been a steady scorer for the Preds over the course of his 11-year career, all spent in Nashville. Last year, he recorded a career-high 58 points and currently sits tied for the team lead in scoring this season, with 21 points.

He has two years remaining on the seven-year, $31 million deal signed with the Preds in 2008. He has an average annual cap hit of $4.5 million, and waived his no-trade clause to join the Caps.

While a big pickup for Washington’s current roster — they add a talented player without subtracting anything — the move will likely cause some stir in Washington, as Forsberg was regarded as one of the organization’s best prospects.

He was NHL Central Scouting’s highest-rated European forward heading into the ’12 draft, and twice represented Team Sweden at the World Junior tournament.

At the ’13 tourney, he was named to the All-Star team after losing to Team USA in the gold medal game.


http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/03/trade-wild-acquire-backup-jeff-deslauriers/

Trade: Wild acquire backup Jeff Deslauriers

James O'Brien

Apr 3, 2013, 5:07 PM EDT

The Minnesota Wild have been leaning heavily on Niklas Backstrom during their hot run in the last month or so and will probably continue that trend. Still, they needed a backup with Matt Hackett traded to the Buffalo Sabres and Josh Harding dealing with health issues, so they acquired Jeff Deslauriers from the Anaheim Ducks for “future considerations.”

“Future considerations” is often code for “whatever junk we have lying around,” so let’s have some fun with fake guesses:

    A fax machine
    Maybe a nifty 56K modem?
    Some of those grade school black and white notebooks
    Over-priced Boy Scout popcorn.
    A bunch of pogs (but no slammers).

Anyway, the Wild obviously made a much bigger move today, but this is helpful for depth reasons.

Deslauriers, 28, is 23-32-4 in his NHL career with a .901 save percentage and 3.24 GAA. He hasn’t appeared in an NHL game this season.



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Apr 3rd, 2013 10:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
322nd Post
CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
PeteF3 wrote:
I think I asked this here the last time the CBJ were in a playoff spot, but help out this hockey novice again: how excited should I be?

I'm not asking this team to win the Cup this year, I'm asking to make a playoff appearance and not get swept. That's it. Anything else is gravy. Should I finally have some optimism for this season AND future seasons for this team?


The next NHL Entry Draft will probably be the most important one ever for the Columbus franchise. Right now they have 3 1st round picks - the Rangers ( from the Rick Nash trade ), the Kings ( from the Jeff Carter trade ) and their own. Currently those picks would be # 11, # 13 and # 21. One possibility would be to package the top 2 picks and try to move up into the top 5. But since this is supposed to be one of the better drafts in a few years the best thing might be to hold onto the picks and just keep drafting the BPA. Columbus has had a horrible track record of 1st round picks which is why they have always been one of the NHL's weaker teams. Their success rate when it comes to 1st round picks is laughable.....unless you cheer for them.



2000 ( 4th overall ) D Rostislav Klesa - a servicable Defenseman that was traded to Phoenix in 2011 for 2 players ( Scottie Upshall and Sami Lepisto ) no longer in the Columbus organization.


2001 ( 8th overall ) G Pascal LeClaire - injury plagued Goalie that was traded to Ottawa along with a 2nd round pick for C Antoine Vermette. Vermette was later traded to Phoenix for a 2nd round pick in 2012 and a conditional 4th or 5th round pick in 2013.


2002 ( 1st overall ) LW Rick Nash - even Columbus couldn't screw up this pick.


2003 ( 4th overall ) RW Nikolai Zherdev - a total headache with very good offensive skills. Traded to the NYR for current Columbus D Fedor Tyutin and D Christian Backman ( now playing in Sweden ).


2004 ( 8th overall ) LW Alexandre Picard - scored 2 points in parts of 5 seasons with Columbus.


2005 ( 6th overall ) C Gilbert Brule - a high scoring player in junior Brule never found his scoring touch in the NHL. Traded in 2008 to Edmonton for LW Raffi Torres. Columbus later traded Torres to Buffalo for D Nathan Paetsch and a 2010 2nd round pick.


2006 ( 6th overall ) C Derick Brassard - another high scoring junior player that never really got it going in the NHL. Traded today to the Rangers as part of the deal for RW Marian Gaborik.


2007 ( 7th overall ) RW Jakub Voracek - was starting to be a very good offensive player before being traded to Philly as part of the package for Jeff Carter.


2008 ( 6th overall ) LW Nikita Filatov - another headcase that scored 13 points in parts of 3 seasons with Columbus before being traded to Ottawa for a 3rd round pick in 2011.


2009 ( 21 overall ) D John Moore - will never be more than a # 5 or # 6 blueliner. Traded today to the NYR as part of the deal for RW Marian Gaborik.


2010 ( 4th overall ) C Ryan Johansen - spent this season bouncing between the AHL and NHL. Will either be a gifted offensive player or a total bust and looking back at past Columbus picks the smart money might be on him turning out to be a bust.

2011 ( no 1st round pick ) - traded along with RW Jacob Voracek and a 2011 3rd round pick to Philly for LW Jeff Carter


2012 ( 2nd overall ) D Ryan Murray - should play in Columbus next year and will likely be the # 1 or # 2 guy in a couple of seasons.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Apr 4th, 2013 02:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
323rd Post
CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
The new guys paid immediate dividends for the Rangers tonight in a 6-1 thrashing of the Penguins.

Ryan Clowe - 2 goals + 1 assist and a +3
Derick Brassard - 1 goal + 3 assists
John Moore - 1 goal



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Apr 4th, 2013 02:55 am
  PM Quote Reply
324th Post
HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17866
Status: 
Offline
CanadianHorseman wrote:
The new guys paid immediate dividends for the Rangers tonight in a 6-1 thrashing of the Penguins.

Ryan Clowe - 2 goals + 1 assist and a +3
Derick Brassard - 1 goal + 3 assists
John Moore - 1 goal


I just got back from the Braves game. As a long-time Ranger fan, I am happy to hear that. As a realistic Ranger fan, I am still hoping they tank and get rid of the Torts so they can bring in a real coach to make a run.



____________________
"That's what a pre-med degree will get you kids, nearly correct spelling and pissing in a bowl on Skype"-SRossi on Sunny
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Apr 4th, 2013 10:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
325th Post
freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
HBF wrote:
CanadianHorseman wrote:
The new guys paid immediate dividends for the Rangers tonight in a 6-1 thrashing of the Penguins.

Ryan Clowe - 2 goals + 1 assist and a +3
Derick Brassard - 1 goal + 3 assists
John Moore - 1 goal


I just got back from the Braves game. As a long-time Ranger fan, I am happy to hear that. As a realistic Ranger fan, I am still hoping they tank and get rid of the Torts so they can bring in a real coach to make a run.


Torts is awesome. The problem is that His kind of coaching only has a short shelf life.



____________________

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Apr 5th, 2013 02:09 am
  PM Quote Reply
326th Post
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Hawks 2 Blues 1 after 2 periods



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Apr 5th, 2013 02:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
327th Post
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Now tied at 2.



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Apr 5th, 2013 02:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
328th Post
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
3-2 Blues. Crawford sucks.



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Apr 5th, 2013 03:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
329th Post
CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
clawmaster wrote:
Crawford sucks.



Crawford had a 15-4-3 record with a 1.97 GAA and a .925 Save Percentage heading into tonight's game. You're starting to sound like stingmark hating on Jimmy Howard. ;)



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Apr 5th, 2013 03:04 am
  PM Quote Reply
330th Post
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
3-3 going to OT



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 02:45 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > All purpose Hockey thread Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems