WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > NHL 2014-15 Season Thread

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
NHL 2014-15 Season Thread  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Apr 20th, 2015 08:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1036th Post
khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 15666
Status: 
Offline
Oh I disagree. The Leafs tanked big-time.

Shanahan brought in Horachek with the message "Teach these guys how to play Defense", knowing full well it would take the rest of the season to do it, at the expense of the offense, which was their strength.

The furstration of trying to do this with players that seemed to be learning a new system of play from scratch was compounded by half the roster quitting on Horacheck and what he was told to do.
Add in the usual Loaf suckage late in the year, and there was no team in the NHL that showed less heart and gave less effort nightly from Carlyle's firing moving forward to the end of the year.
Arizona and Buffalo sucked, but their players were trying. Edmonton seemed to play better after their coaching change, not worse, and without their key player for most of the back half in Taylor Hall.
I thin Shanny saw an opportunity to get a head-start on a rebuild that was 5 years overdue and orchestrated an abysmal end to the Leafs year that would leave absolutely no doubt in Leafs nation that a rebuild was necessary, at the same time giving themselves a chance at Connor McJesus.

No heart, no effort, no balls, the Loafs ABSOLUTELY tanked it.

I'm happy Edmonton got McJesus if for no other reason than Toronto's late delve into Tankland did not pay off for them.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 21st, 2015 12:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
1037th Post
Cory17



Joined: Sat Oct 20th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 812
Status: 
Offline
Well said, believe me, watching pretty much every Oiler game was tough, they tried hard, but just didn't have the pieces to win tight games with top teams. McDavid should bring those pieces in.



____________________
"Santa with Muscles" is getting great reviews. Gotcha! Actually the reviews are terrible. - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter [11/96]
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 21st, 2015 01:33 am
  PM Quote Reply
1038th Post
CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
Jarrett Stoll arrest report:





____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 21st, 2015 01:40 am
  PM Quote Reply
1039th Post
Angelic Assassin



Joined: Mon Dec 27th, 2010
Location: Driving Through Philly, Home Of Losers., Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 5952
Status: 
Offline
It's fucking snowing here today!  Either the Jets got carried away with the whole "White Out" thing or Jarret Stoll spilled some cocaine!



____________________
This thread was great till Rossi posted that AA ruined it.

Rossi=The Mouth That Bored
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 21st, 2015 02:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
1040th Post
CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
Angelic Assassin wrote: It's fucking snowing here today!  Either the Jets got carried away with the whole "White Out" thing or Jarret Stoll spilled some cocaine!
It's God's way of making you pay for your racist views. 



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 21st, 2015 02:18 am
  PM Quote Reply
1041st Post
Mysterious



Joined: Mon Aug 22nd, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 1650
Status: 
Offline
khawk wrote: Oh I disagree. The Leafs tanked big-time.

Shanahan brought in Horachek with the message "Teach these guys how to play Defense", knowing full well it would take the rest of the season to do it, at the expense of the offense, which was their strength.

The furstration of trying to do this with players that seemed to be learning a new system of play from scratch was compounded by half the roster quitting on Horacheck and what he was told to do.
Add in the usual Loaf suckage late in the year, and there was no team in the NHL that showed less heart and gave less effort nightly from Carlyle's firing moving forward to the end of the year.
Arizona and Buffalo sucked, but their players were trying. Edmonton seemed to play better after their coaching change, not worse, and without their key player for most of the back half in Taylor Hall.
I thin Shanny saw an opportunity to get a head-start on a rebuild that was 5 years overdue and orchestrated an abysmal end to the Leafs year that would leave absolutely no doubt in Leafs nation that a rebuild was necessary, at the same time giving themselves a chance at Connor McJesus.

No heart, no effort, no balls, the Loafs ABSOLUTELY tanked it.

I'm happy Edmonton got McJesus if for no other reason than Toronto's late delve into Tankland did not pay off for them.

How did they tank unlike Edmonton. The Leafs had 6 more wins than the Oilers. A winning record at home, pretty much the same road record as the Oilers and the Leafs goals against is 34 better than what Edmonton's was. All this without a number one center. The Oilers have two, and  injuries to some key players Lupul and Phaneuf and not much of a defense. Their goalies also faced more shots than Edmonton's. The Leafs haven't had  4 first overall picks in the past six either. I'm not mad that they won't  get McDavid I'm just pissed the the Oilers got it because of a stupid draft lottery.

Last edited on Tue Apr 21st, 2015 02:20 am by Mysterious

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 21st, 2015 02:48 am
  PM Quote Reply
1042nd Post
Angelic Assassin



Joined: Mon Dec 27th, 2010
Location: Driving Through Philly, Home Of Losers., Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 5952
Status: 
Offline
The Leafs tank started the minute the got rid of Carlyle.  They were a playoff team with him as their coach.  But the "big stars" didn't like it because Carlyle called a spade a spade.  Carlyle had to go because the Lupul's and Phaneufs and Kessels , the van Riemsdickless were playing like shit and Carlyle told them so and they didn't like it despite the winning so they tuned him out.  In comes Peter Horriblechek, someone the big guns could push around and look what happened.  Game in and game out the guys who were hustling were the Panik's, and sills and trevor smiths and lindstrom and hollands of the roster.  Guys that only occasionally could put the Leafs over the top.  The goaltending was as much bad as it was totally unsupported.



If pay were tied to performance guys like Phaneuf, Lupul, Bozak, often times Kessel that phuck Clarkson would all be living in the same room in a boarding house or in a homeless shelter.   Buffalo divested itself of lots of talent but they have so many young guys coming up it was going to happen regardless.  Arizona's team just had little or no talent.  Mike Smith played 62 games so they didn't go down to and ECHL goalie.  Doan didn't get moved.  That team just couldn't spell skill if you spotted them the s, the k and the two l's.


Edmonton and Toronto were or should have been expected to compete at some level.  Buffalo and Arizona and even Carolina were going to be the bottom feeders.  



____________________
This thread was great till Rossi posted that AA ruined it.

Rossi=The Mouth That Bored
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 21st, 2015 02:48 am
  PM Quote Reply
1043rd Post
Angelic Assassin



Joined: Mon Dec 27th, 2010
Location: Driving Through Philly, Home Of Losers., Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 5952
Status: 
Offline
The Leafs tank started the minute the got rid of Carlyle.  They were a playoff team with him as their coach.  But the "big stars" didn't like it because Carlyle called a spade a spade.  Carlyle had to go because the Lupul's and Phaneufs and Kessels , the van Riemsdickless were playing like shit and Carlyle told them so and they didn't like it despite the winning so they tuned him out.  In comes Peter Horriblechek, someone the big guns could push around and look what happened.  Game in and game out the guys who were hustling were the Panik's, and sills and trevor smiths and lindstrom and hollands of the roster.  Guys that only occasionally could put the Leafs over the top.  The goaltending was as much bad as it was totally unsupported.



If pay were tied to performance guys like Phaneuf, Lupul, Bozak, often times Kessel that phuck Clarkson would all be living in the same room in a boarding house or in a homeless shelter.   Buffalo divested itself of lots of talent but they have so many young guys coming up it was going to happen regardless.  Arizona's team just had little or no talent.  Mike Smith played 62 games so they didn't go down to and ECHL goalie.  Doan didn't get moved.  That team just couldn't spell skill if you spotted them the s, the k and the two l's.


Edmonton and Toronto were or should have been expected to compete at some level.  Buffalo and Arizona and even Carolina were going to be the bottom feeders.  



____________________
This thread was great till Rossi posted that AA ruined it.

Rossi=The Mouth That Bored
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 21st, 2015 02:49 am
  PM Quote Reply
1044th Post
Angelic Assassin



Joined: Mon Dec 27th, 2010
Location: Driving Through Philly, Home Of Losers., Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 5952
Status: 
Offline
Fucking double post. I blame evad!



____________________
This thread was great till Rossi posted that AA ruined it.

Rossi=The Mouth That Bored
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 21st, 2015 04:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
1045th Post
khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 15666
Status: 
Offline
Mysterious wrote: How did they tank unlike Edmonton. The Leafs had 6 more wins than the Oilers. A winning record at home, pretty much the same road record as the Oilers and the Leafs goals against is 34 better than what Edmonton's was. All this without a number one center. The Oilers have two, and  injuries to some key players Lupul and Phaneuf and not much of a defense. Their goalies also faced more shots than Edmonton's. The Leafs haven't had  4 first overall picks in the past six either. I'm not mad that they won't  get McDavid I'm just pissed the the Oilers got it because of a stupid draft lottery.

After Carlyle was fired they were set up to fail by Shanahan, and I explained my reasoning in my previous post. I've never seen a switch get turned off by a team and it's players so fast and so blatantly, and this is coming from a Blackhawks fan that suffered through some of the worst teams ever put together from the late 90's through 2008.
 



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 21st, 2015 04:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
1046th Post
Angelic Assassin



Joined: Mon Dec 27th, 2010
Location: Driving Through Philly, Home Of Losers., Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 5952
Status: 
Offline
khawk wrote: Mysterious wrote: How did they tank unlike Edmonton. The Leafs had 6 more wins than the Oilers. A winning record at home, pretty much the same road record as the Oilers and the Leafs goals against is 34 better than what Edmonton's was. All this without a number one center. The Oilers have two, and  injuries to some key players Lupul and Phaneuf and not much of a defense. Their goalies also faced more shots than Edmonton's. The Leafs haven't had  4 first overall picks in the past six either. I'm not mad that they won't  get McDavid I'm just pissed the the Oilers got it because of a stupid draft lottery.

After Carlyle was fired they were set up to fail by Shanahan, and I explained my reasoning in my previous post. I've never seen a switch get turned off by a team and it's players so fast and so blatantly, and this is coming from a Blackhawks fan that suffered through some of the worst teams ever put together from the late 90's through 2008.
 
Surprised that a racist like you would be a Blackhawks fan!:tongue:.  But now I'm curious, I know one Hawks fan, I just wonder who the other one is.:tongue:



____________________
This thread was great till Rossi posted that AA ruined it.

Rossi=The Mouth That Bored
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 21st, 2015 04:40 am
  PM Quote Reply
1047th Post
khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 15666
Status: 
Offline
We are everywhere

We are Legion



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Apr 23rd, 2015 12:27 am
  PM Quote Reply
1048th Post
CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
Chiarelli talking to the Oilers.


from tsn.ca:





Peter Chiarelli was in Edmonton on Wednesday for a meeting with the Oilers.

TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger reports that the meeting was not specifically to discuss a potential general manager's job, but rather that new Oilers CEO Bob Nicholson is reviewing all aspects of the team's hockey operations.

Chiarelli was dismissed as general manager of the Boston Bruins on Apr. 15.

He joined the Bruins ahead of the 2006-07 season. The Bruins to seven straight playoff appearances, two trips to the Final, and a Stanley Cup Championship in 2010-11, though that run ended this past season.

The Bruins finished ninth in the Eastern Conference in 2014-15 with a 41-27-14 record.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Apr 23rd, 2015 06:50 am
  PM Quote Reply
1049th Post
Mysterious



Joined: Mon Aug 22nd, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 1650
Status: 
Offline
CanadianHorseman wrote: Chiarelli talking to the Oilers.


from tsn.ca:





Peter Chiarelli was in Edmonton on Wednesday for a meeting with the Oilers.

TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger reports that the meeting was not specifically to discuss a potential general manager's job, but rather that new Oilers CEO Bob Nicholson is reviewing all aspects of the team's hockey operations.

Chiarelli was dismissed as general manager of the Boston Bruins on Apr. 15.

He joined the Bruins ahead of the 2006-07 season. The Bruins to seven straight playoff appearances, two trips to the Final, and a Stanley Cup Championship in 2010-11, though that run ended this past season.

The Bruins finished ninth in the Eastern Conference in 2014-15 with a 41-27-14 record.
 

Toronto should have called this guy ASAP. He's the GM that fleeced JFJ into giving up Tuukka for Andrew Raycroft. He also got two first rounders for Phil Kessel. And guess who works as a special consultant for the Bruins now. You guessed it JFJ, So why don't the Maple Leafs hire this guy and then trade James Reimer for Tuukka Rask. Maybe they can give us a first rounder for Joffrey Lupul.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Apr 23rd, 2015 10:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1050th Post
CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
Mysterious wrote: CanadianHorseman wrote: Chiarelli talking to the Oilers.
 

Toronto should have called this guy ASAP. He's the GM that fleeced JFJ into giving up Tuukka for Andrew Raycroft. He also got two first rounders for Phil Kessel. And guess who works as a special consultant for the Bruins now. You guessed it JFJ, So why don't the Maple Leafs hire this guy and then trade James Reimer for Tuukka Rask. Maybe they can give us a first rounder for Joffrey Lupul.

Because it seems as though Neely wants to keep the hiring of a new GM an in-house hire many Bruin fans fear ( myself included ) that if Don Sweeney turns down the offer ( or isn't actually Neely's first choice ) that JFJ might actually be considered for the job. :X



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 02:13 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > NHL 2014-15 Season Thread Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems