WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > Kaepernick Has Been 'Blackballed' !!!!

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Kaepernick Has Been 'Blackballed' !!!!  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Aug 18th, 2017 12:05 am
  PM Quote Reply
46th Post
TerryWWWF



Joined: Mon Nov 26th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4156
Status: 
Offline
If the NFL put out the word that no team should sign him, the Raiders would give him a contract tomorrow.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Aug 19th, 2017 11:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
47th Post
Mysterious



Joined: Mon Aug 22nd, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 1506
Status: 
Offline
TerryWWWF wrote: If the NFL put out the word that no team should sign him, the Raiders would give him a contract tomorrow.
Maybe if Al Davis were still alive.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Aug 22nd, 2017 09:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
48th Post
Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 12297
Status: 
Offline
TerryWWWF wrote: If the NFL put out the word that no team should sign him, the Raiders would give him a contract tomorrow.That would be interesting. Aldon Smith might show up and beat his ass.By the way...what ever happen to Smith? Where is he?



____________________
Only thing harder than achieving excellence is maintaining it.
Dream Well. It may come true.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Aug 22nd, 2017 10:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
49th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5425
Status: 
Offline
The Ultimate Sin wrote: Tamalie, I have to disagree. Maybe he needs to accept less, but you can't look at the money thrown at Glennon and that bum Texas signed last year, whose name escapes me, and say teams won't risk throwing big money at QBseven if they are unproven. Kap is proven and much better than both of them.



Miami just got Cutler out of retirement & Flacco is hurt, and the the Ravens owner has come out and said it's all about whether or not their fan base will accept Kap. That's the same fans who gave Ray Rice a standing ovation and cheered Ray Lewis.



I'm not sure if blackballed is the correct word but there are about 100 QBs in NFL camps and about 80 of them are not as good as Kap.
 A fair point.  The Eagles threw millions at Chase Daniels and got a zero return.  The guy had hardly thrown any NFL passes.  The difference here is that Kap wanted to insert politics into it.  That is his right.  I have no issue with him talking or kneeling.  The first amendment guarantees this.  However, it does not guarantee that you will not suffer negative consequences.  The NFL, is first and foremost, a business.  The business owners do not want the headache involved with Kap for a return that frankly isn't that high anymore.  

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Aug 22nd, 2017 10:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
50th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5425
Status: 
Offline
In 2005 I was looking for a sales guy to replace me because I wanted to be more of a CEO. I meant what I thought was the perfect guy. Fantastic skill set. However, when I talked to others about him, they all had stories of what a headache he was and how he was awful for morale. In the end, I didn't hire him.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Aug 23rd, 2017 04:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
51st Post
Mysterious



Joined: Mon Aug 22nd, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 1506
Status: 
Offline
Ultimark wrote: In 2005 I was looking for a sales guy to replace me because I wanted to be more of a CEO. I meant what I thought was the perfect guy. Fantastic skill set. However, when I talked to others about him, they all had stories of what a headache he was and how he was awful for morale. In the end, I didn't hire him.
Never trust the words of others. They could be speaking out of jealousy. You would've been better off finding out for yourself.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Aug 23rd, 2017 12:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
52nd Post
Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 12297
Status: 
Offline
Mysterious wrote: Ultimark wrote: In 2005 I was looking for a sales guy to replace me because I wanted to be more of a CEO. I meant what I thought was the perfect guy. Fantastic skill set. However, when I talked to others about him, they all had stories of what a headache he was and how he was awful for morale. In the end, I didn't hire him.
Never trust the words of others. They could be speaking out of jealousy. You would've been better off finding out for yourself.
I disagree with that statement. If it was one or two I may ignore  but if all had stories I wouldn't  hire him or her. Not everyone is jealous. One bad employee can take down a company. Better safe than sorry. 



____________________
Only thing harder than achieving excellence is maintaining it.
Dream Well. It may come true.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Aug 23rd, 2017 01:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
53rd Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5425
Status: 
Offline
Benlen wrote: Mysterious wrote: Ultimark wrote: In 2005 I was looking for a sales guy to replace me because I wanted to be more of a CEO. I meant what I thought was the perfect guy. Fantastic skill set. However, when I talked to others about him, they all had stories of what a headache he was and how he was awful for morale. In the end, I didn't hire him.
Never trust the words of others. They could be speaking out of jealousy. You would've been better off finding out for yourself.
I disagree with that statement. If it was one or two I may ignore  but if all had stories I wouldn't  hire him or her. Not everyone is jealous. One bad employee can take down a company. Better safe than sorry. 
The number was around 10 or 11.  He had been a few places and had achieved great results.  The problem was he would leave a company in ruins.  The pattern was that his first 2 years were off the charts, then in year 3 everything would go off the rails.  He actually had trouble finding another job.  It took him another year and it was a couple of levels down.  From what I hear, he eventually learned.  

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Aug 24th, 2017 10:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
54th Post
lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New Capital For Suplex City
Posts: 40540
Status: 
Offline
Hank Aaron, the Atlanta Braves icon who endured vicious racism during his Hall of Fame career, is among those who think embattled quarterback Colin Kaepernick deserves a job in the NFL.
"I think he's getting a raw deal," Aaron said Wednesday in an interview with A TV One. "If you look at all the quarterbacks in the league right now, I think you have to say he is one, two, three, four. I don't think anybody can do the things he could do. I just wish somebody would open up and give him a chance to do his thing."
With just over two weeks left until the start of the NFL regular season, Kaepernick - whose on-field national anthem protests from a year ago sparked political tumult within the game - remains unemployed, leading many to speculate that the league's owners are blackballing him. Kaepernick, who led theSan Francisco 49ers to the Super Bowl in 2012, put up solid numbers last season, after all, and still has the talent to be a starting quarterback, according to Aaron.
"The thing that bothers me about this whole situation is the fact that he is going to all these camps and nobody seems to think he stands a chance of being No. 1. This is a young player who almost carried a team to a championship, to a Super Bowl - but I was a Ravens fan."
Last year, in his sixth season with the 49ers, Kaepernick posted his highest quarterback rating (90.7) since 2013, throwing for 2,241 yards and 16 touchdowns in 12 games while completing 59.2 percent of his pass attempts. In March, Kaepernick opted out of his contract with San Francisco.
Though he remains out of work, Kaepernick's protest movement - with black people and people of color being oppressed, he said, he refused to stand for the playing of the national anthem - has gained traction around the NFL of late. Last week, Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett sat for the national anthem ahead of a preseason game in protest of racial inequality and police brutality, and a group of Cleveland Browns players kneeled in protest during the Star-Spangled Banner on Monday night.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Aug 25th, 2017 12:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
55th Post
Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 12297
Status: 
Offline
McCoy says he doesn't want kaepernick on the Eagles. Too much of a distraction.



____________________
Only thing harder than achieving excellence is maintaining it.
Dream Well. It may come true.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Aug 25th, 2017 02:15 am
  PM Quote Reply
56th Post
The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 9383
Status: 
Offline
Here's an interesting take on this...
Mike Greenberg from Mike and Mike said something like, I don't think the anyone got together and blackballed him, but I think 32 owners blackballed him separately.

I think that's pretty fair. I don't think it's collusion, I think owners are saying skills be damned I don't want that guy here.



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Aug 25th, 2017 02:40 am
  PM Quote Reply
57th Post
TerryWWWF



Joined: Mon Nov 26th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4156
Status: 
Offline
The Ultimate Sin wrote:  I think owners are saying skills be damned I don't want that guy here.At least until they have a sudden need for an experienced QB because their starter has a long-term injury.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Aug 25th, 2017 01:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
58th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 43433
Status: 
Offline
The Ultimate Sin wrote: Here's an interesting take on this...
Mike Greenberg from Mike and Mike said something like, I don't think the anyone got together and blackballed him, but I think 32 owners blackballed him separately.

I think that's pretty fair. I don't think it's collusion, I think owners are saying skills be damned I don't want that guy here.

I don't know if it's "skills be damned", I think it's that he's a very average to below average QB who brings along so much baggage and distraction that it's not worth it.  If he was a better player, or if the media harped on him less, he'd have a job.  But a simple cost benefit analysis shows he's not worth the headache.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Aug 25th, 2017 02:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
59th Post
beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 37466
Status: 
Offline
The Colts are the most obvious fit.
 
Luck is hurt (as usual) and the backup is Scott Tolzien.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Aug 25th, 2017 02:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
60th Post
LAF



Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4388
Status: 
Offline
beejmi wrote: The Colts are the most obvious fit.
 
Luck is hurt (as usual) and the backup is Scott Tolzien.

That's not the most obvious fit at all since Indy is a dropback passer offense. That's what Luck and Tolzien both are. Can you imagine Kaepernick standing in the pocket trying to wing the ball around?

Miami went with Cutler because Adam Gase coached him in Chicago. Coaches go with whatever they are familiar with, especially on short notice. So with all that said, the most obvious place for him would be Baltimore, where Greg Roman is the TE Coach. But is their offense really the same (I'll see them tomorrow night against the Bills), and does Roman have enough pull with that staff or even want to bring him on board? I don't think any of his other major 49er coaches are in the NFL right now. That also hurts him.

Last edited on Fri Aug 25th, 2017 03:00 pm by LAF

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 01:49 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > Kaepernick Has Been 'Blackballed' !!!! Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems