WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > In Your Opinion, Did Your Team Have A Successful NFL Season?

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
In Your Opinion, Did Your Team Have A Successful NFL Season?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Feb 2nd, 2018 08:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6255
Status: 
Offline
beejmi wrote: Philly.

Obviously a grand slam homerun.
Why, yes sir, we did!!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Feb 2nd, 2018 08:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6255
Status: 
Offline
Benlen wrote: Last 5 games 5-0 with Jimmy G. Hell yes. Niner fans can't wait for season to start.
First 11 games with Brian Hoyer and CJ Beathard already forgotten.

That team is definitely turning around.  However, they probably missed out on Saquon Barclay with all those wins at the end.  He would look good in the backfield with Jimmy G.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Feb 2nd, 2018 08:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
chrob61



Joined: Thu Nov 18th, 2010
Location: Michigan USA
Posts: 1854
Status: 
Offline
Detroit Lions? No, they did one game better 9-7 than my preseason 8-8 prediction, but still falling short of the playoffs.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Feb 3rd, 2018 08:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
BuddyPSHayes



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Anywhere I Damn Well Please
Posts: 3720
Status: 
Offline
No. 22 years and counting.



____________________


"The only area I can think of to avoid in Houston is Houston." - srossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Feb 4th, 2018 05:18 am
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
katook



Joined: Tue Sep 21st, 2010
Location: In A Trailerpark Filled With Rednecks, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3289
Status: 
Offline
Steelers had a great season followed by their usual playoff collapse in the first round, which is what should be expected under Tomlin.
I was very pleasantly surprised with the emergence of JuJu Smith-Schuster, who at an age not even old enough to legally buy beer was scoring touchdowns, and he became my new favorite player by laying the dirtiest player in the NFL Vontaze Burfict out.
Alas, a great offense was hamstrung and held in check by an inept Todd Haley, and the defense went straight into the dumpster after Ryan Shaziers injury, still the Steelers were one paid off officials bullshit call away from having the #1 seed in the playoffs and having an easy divisional home playoff game vs the Titans, while the Patriots would have been number 3 seed and had to travel to Jacksonville, but no way in Hell was the NFL and their TV masters going to allow that to happen.
Maybe next year.......................again.



____________________
since there doesn't seem to be a way to be vocal about being an Atheist without coming across as a condescending cock opening about it, you might as well go all the way with it.--Sek69
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Feb 4th, 2018 09:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
LAF



Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4596
Status: 
Offline
For the Bills.....yes and no.

Yes because they finally ended the playoff skid. People in Western New York have such a defeatist attitude from the get-go, that the Andy Dalton Miracle led to one week of just pure joy from everyone but the racist newspaper writer who had a Trump meltdown while writing. 

No, because the future is incredibly murky. They are looking at a total roster overhaul again thanks to having an old team and going to get a new QB. I think this coach is an idiot and the team made the playoffs on accident. They have a lot of picks but who knows with their track record.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Feb 5th, 2018 04:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
Married Jo



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 6495
Status: 
Offline
Panthers...11-5, playoff game, game came down to the last play? Yeah, it was successful..I'll take it..



____________________
Well, Im of the opinion that one wouldnt actually have to eat the corn out of Chynas shit to know that nothing good could come of it. - Portalesman
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Feb 6th, 2018 04:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 39130
Status: 
Offline
LAF wrote: For the Bills.....yes and no.

Yes because they finally ended the playoff skid. People in Western New York have such a defeatist attitude from the get-go, that the Andy Dalton Miracle led to one week of just pure joy from everyone but the racist newspaper writer who had a Trump meltdown while writing. 

No, because the future is incredibly murky. They are looking at a total roster overhaul again thanks to having an old team and going to get a new QB. I think this coach is an idiot and the team made the playoffs on accident. They have a lot of picks but who knows with their track record.


I think the playoff berth was more of a by-product of their schedule being easier than say Baltimore or the Chargers

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Feb 6th, 2018 08:44 am
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
LAF



Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4596
Status: 
Offline
beejmi wrote: LAF wrote: For the Bills.....yes and no.

Yes because they finally ended the playoff skid. People in Western New York have such a defeatist attitude from the get-go, that the Andy Dalton Miracle led to one week of just pure joy from everyone but the racist newspaper writer who had a Trump meltdown while writing. 

No, because the future is incredibly murky. They are looking at a total roster overhaul again thanks to having an old team and going to get a new QB. I think this coach is an idiot and the team made the playoffs on accident. They have a lot of picks but who knows with their track record.


I think the playoff berth was more of a by-product of their schedule being easier than say Baltimore or the Chargers

That's actually not true. They made the playoffs over Baltimore on a tiebreaker of strength of wins. The Bills beat Atlanta and KC while the Ravens had 2 wins over the Browns. The problem lies in that they went 9-7 in spite of their coach's bizarre/mercurial decisions. He bought himself an extra year or two.

Last edited on Tue Feb 6th, 2018 08:48 am by LAF

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Feb 6th, 2018 11:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 39130
Status: 
Offline
Didn't work out the math but Baltimore 'got' Cleveland twice and the Bills 'got' the Jets twice (lost one of them) and the Dolphins twice.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Feb 6th, 2018 06:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
LAF



Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4596
Status: 
Offline
beejmi wrote: Didn't work out the math but Baltimore 'got' Cleveland twice and the Bills 'got' the Jets twice (lost one of them) and the Dolphins twice.
Found an article that said the Bills wins were at .396 and the Ravens were at .299. Playing and beating the Browns twice killed them.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Feb 7th, 2018 12:19 am
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 39130
Status: 
Offline
0-32 skews the math.

But on the other hand they were two 'free' wins so I can see that

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 02:14 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2     
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > In Your Opinion, Did Your Team Have A Successful NFL Season? Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems