WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > Ezekiel Elliott Officially Holding Out

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Ezekiel Elliott Officially Holding Out  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Jul 30th, 2019 03:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
Dr. Strangelove



Joined: Fri May 26th, 2017
Location:  
Posts: 113
Status: 
Offline
When I first made the comparison I didn't even bring up the stats. My point was that their skillset is similar. They are also similar in that they both got shitted on by their own fanbase despite having success.  Eagle fan never wanted nor embraced McNabb, and a lot of Cowboy fans never appreciated Dak even though he has won more than he's lost and has shown a lot of upside.  I dunno, I guess I had seen too many miserable years at QB between Aikman and Romo that I don't want to be too quck to give up on someone who at least has shown promise.

Last edited on Tue Jul 30th, 2019 04:09 pm by Dr. Strangelove

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Jul 30th, 2019 03:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
Dr. Strangelove



Joined: Fri May 26th, 2017
Location:  
Posts: 113
Status: 
Offline
I will be the first to say Dak is no Tom Brady or Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers. Not even close....and he may never get to that level. But some people seem to think with all the "weapons" the Cowboys have Dak should be putting up otherworldly, Hall-of-Fame-like numbers every week like those guys or he just flat out sucks. I think that's ridiculous. You can call Dak a game manager or whatever, but for the most part Dak has done a good job with what the Cowboys ask him to do within the confines of the offense (and we've yet to see what the new offense under Kellen Moore will be like, so time will tell if they ask Dak to open things up more especially with the uncertainly surrounding Zeke). Right now I think Dak is a decent or least a solid QB who is capable of winning a lot of games. He is a good team leader and doesn't make dumb mistakes that set him team back. Maybe in time he will prove to be just an average QB, but as of right now I still believe in him because I have seen enough good things from him (with still a lot to improve on).

Last edited on Tue Jul 30th, 2019 04:07 pm by Dr. Strangelove

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Jul 30th, 2019 04:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
krazykid18
The Prophet
 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 2015
Status: 
Offline
Dr. Strangelove wrote: I will be the first to say Dak is no Tom Brady or Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers. Not even close....and he may never get to that level. But some people seem to think with all the "weapons" the Cowboys have Dak should be putting up otherworldly, Hall-of-Fame-like numbers every week like those guys or he just flat out sucks. I think that's ridiculous. You can call Dak a game manager or whatever, but for the most part Dak does a good job with what the Cowboys ask him to do within the confines of the offense (and we've yet to see what the new offense under Kellen Moore will be like, so time will tell if they ask Dak to open things up more especially with the uncertainly regarding Zeke). Right now I think Dak is a decent or least a solid QB who is capable of winning a lot of games. He is a good team leader and doesn't make dumb mistakes that set him team back. Maybe in time he will prove to be just an average QB, but as of right now I still believe in him because I have seen enough good things from him (with still a lot to improve on).
I kinda of agree with you plus history has shown us you don't need to be an all pro qb to win superbowls just have to be good enough to get to the postseason and then raise your game in the pressure cooker and that game he had against Green bay in 2016 impressed me 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Jul 30th, 2019 04:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
Dr. Strangelove



Joined: Fri May 26th, 2017
Location:  
Posts: 113
Status: 
Offline
Exactly....just look at Eli, Flacco, and even two years ago with Foles. All three have had up-and-down careers and other than Eli it's hard to make a case for any of them making the Hall of Fame (and even with Eli it's a stretch), but their teams all went on an annoying hot run late in the season into the playoffs en route to winning the Super Bowl (and with Foles he didn't even play that well until the playoff began). Being the best team during the regular season and home-field advantage doesn't mean as much anymore, as you just have to get hot at the right time.

Last edited on Tue Jul 30th, 2019 04:27 pm by Dr. Strangelove

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Jul 30th, 2019 06:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
krazykid18
The Prophet
 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 2015
Status: 
Offline
Dr. Strangelove wrote: Exactly....just look at Eli, Flacco, and even two years ago with Foles. All three have had up-and-down careers and other than Eli it's hard to make a case for any of them making the Hall of Fame (and even with Eli it's a stretch), but their teams all went on an annoying hot run late in the season into the playoffs en route to winning the Super Bowl (and with Foles he didn't even play that well until the playoff began). Being the best team during the regular season and home-field advantage doesn't mean as much anymore, as you just have to get hot at the right time.
Eli doesn't belong in the hall of fame at all, i have soured on him so much his post second superbowl career it is just terrible 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Jul 30th, 2019 11:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
Heenan Fan
Mr Monday Night!


Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 4026
Status: 
Offline
I think it's so honorable for Zeke to repay the one guy who stood up for him during his many screw ups by holding out. Say what you want about Jerry Jones, but he did everything he could to get Zeke's suspension lifted, including locking horns with Roger Goodell himself, and this is how Zeke replays him. Oh, and Zeke, next time you hold out for more money despite being under contract, you might not want to do it at the same time that Jerry is trying to sign Dak Prescott and Amari Cooper to longterm deals.



____________________
"Comedians are just like Pro Wrestlers...all the good ones are dead!" Me, 2019

"I'm too smart to be a Democrat and too poor to be a Republican." Me, 2000
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Jul 31st, 2019 07:39 am
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
Dr. Strangelove



Joined: Fri May 26th, 2017
Location:  
Posts: 113
Status: 
Offline
krazykid18 wrote: Dr. Strangelove wrote: Exactly....just look at Eli, Flacco, and even two years ago with Foles. All three have had up-and-down careers and other than Eli it's hard to make a case for any of them making the Hall of Fame (and even with Eli it's a stretch), but their teams all went on an annoying hot run late in the season into the playoffs en route to winning the Super Bowl (and with Foles he didn't even play that well until the playoff began). Being the best team during the regular season and home-field advantage doesn't mean as much anymore, as you just have to get hot at the right time.
Eli doesn't belong in the hall of fame at all, i have soured on him so much his post second superbowl career it is just terrible It's funny because Eli actually had some of his better statistical seasons during his post-Super Bowl years, except the Giants have been horrible and had just one playoff appearance after the second championship.  I personally don't think he belongs in the Hall, either, but you can certainly make a case for him being the greatest Giants QB in the Super Bowl era.  Then again, it's not like the other guy in the conversation, Phil Simms (since there is really nobody else), is really that great, either.  Eli is the poster boy for the timely streaky but otherwise average QBs.

Last edited on Wed Jul 31st, 2019 02:29 pm by Dr. Strangelove

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 05:10 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3     
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > Ezekiel Elliott Officially Holding Out Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems