WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > If You Had the Power to Change a Moment in Sports History

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
If You Had the Power to Change a Moment in Sports History  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Mar 9th, 2020 01:53 am
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Married Jo



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 6871
Status: 
Offline
Heenan Fan wrote: I would probably use my power to save Dale Earnhardt's life.
That's a good one but then again..looking back at it, it literally look maybe the biggest name in Nascar history dying for all the safety stuff they have now to be implemented. I would have loved to have seen what Dale the owner could have pulled off a few years later after he retired but I would wager his dying like he did has probably saved maybe 5-10 lives in Nascar the last 19 years..



____________________
Well, Im of the opinion that one wouldnt actually have to eat the corn out of Chynas shit to know that nothing good could come of it. - Portalesman
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Mar 9th, 2020 06:36 am
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Heenan Fan
Mr Monday Night!


Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: Corona Virus, USA
Posts: 2932
Status: 
Offline
Married Jo wrote: Heenan Fan wrote: I would probably use my power to save Dale Earnhardt's life.
That's a good one but then again..looking back at it, it literally look maybe the biggest name in Nascar history dying for all the safety stuff they have now to be implemented. I would have loved to have seen what Dale the owner could have pulled off a few years later after he retired but I would wager his dying like he did has probably saved maybe 5-10 lives in Nascar the last 19 years..
Ryan Newman would probably agree with you.



____________________
"Comedians are just like Pro Wrestlers...all the good ones are dead!" Me, 2019

"I'm too smart to be a Democrat and too poor to be a Republican." Me, 2000
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Mar 9th, 2020 11:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Heenan Fan
Mr Monday Night!


Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: Corona Virus, USA
Posts: 2932
Status: 
Offline
Superstar wrote: Man, you picked really good ones. I’m going opposite direction, as yours would change guys for the good of their career. Mine is the fucking Tuck Rule game. If Woodson’s strip sack and recovery stands, the Raiders win the Super Bowl against the Rams, and Brady goes back to being Drew Bledsoe’s backup. That would have probably ended the Brady era before it started, and probably gets Belichick fired by 2005.The reason I like this one the most is because GOD simply intended it to be this way (Brady legit fumbling), but the illuminati had to have they're way. The Most bullshit call in NFL history.



____________________
"Comedians are just like Pro Wrestlers...all the good ones are dead!" Me, 2019

"I'm too smart to be a Democrat and too poor to be a Republican." Me, 2000
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Mar 10th, 2020 01:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 16056
Status: 
Offline
Larry Holmes doesn't get up vs. Ernie Shavers and Shavers wins the world title via KO.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Mar 10th, 2020 01:45 am
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
tamalie
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Mon Oct 22nd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4590
Status: 
Offline
The Vikings would win a Super Bowl. It could be one from the 1969, 1973, 1974, and 1976 seasons that they made and lost. It could be one of the NFC Championship Game loss seasons from 1977, 1987, 1998, 2000, 2009 or 2017 with the team going on to win the Super Bowl. The manner in which the failure to win the Super Bowl weighs on the collective psyche of this area is like the Cubs and 1908, the Red Sox and 1918, and the Rangers and 1940 except those teams have actually won their titles while we wait.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Mar 10th, 2020 02:59 am
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Erick Von Erich

 

Joined: Thu Mar 26th, 2015
Location: Texas USA
Posts: 617
Status: 
Offline
No doubt about it: I'd change the 1992 NLCS.

I'd settle for homeplate ump John McSherry not becoming ill, which led to Randy "Worthless tub o' guts" Marsh taking over behind the plate.



____________________
http://www.dawrestlingsite.com
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Mar 10th, 2020 12:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 16056
Status: 
Offline
Speaking of which...I'd make labour peace a reality in MLB 1994 and give the Expos a chance to make a run. That strike is one of the most dissapointing things that ever happened in sports to me...and to Canadian baseball fans as a while I imagine.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Mar 10th, 2020 02:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 44053
Status: 
Offline
khawk wrote:Larry Holmes doesn't get up vs. Ernie Shavers and Shavers wins the world title via KO.   

I remember watching this fight at the Brunswick St. Tavern  many years ago.This thread is bringing back memories both good & bad.


Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Mar 10th, 2020 02:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
Heenan Fan
Mr Monday Night!


Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: Corona Virus, USA
Posts: 2932
Status: 
Offline
Mostly bad.



____________________
"Comedians are just like Pro Wrestlers...all the good ones are dead!" Me, 2019

"I'm too smart to be a Democrat and too poor to be a Republican." Me, 2000
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Mar 10th, 2020 02:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 16056
Status: 
Offline
lobo316 wrote: khawk wrote:Larry Holmes doesn't get up vs. Ernie Shavers and Shavers wins the world title via KO.   

I remember watching this fight at the Brunswick St. Tavern  many years ago.This thread is bringing back memories both good & bad.


Holmes himself said it was the hardest he was ever hit, so hard it put him out and woke him up in the same instant. Like a picture being taken he described it as as I recall.

Shavers catches him a little less clean, he's the champ. That changes everything else moving forward. Shavers wasn't much besides his power, so whomever he fought next could have beaten him.


Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Mar 10th, 2020 04:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 44053
Status: 
Offline
khawk wrote: lobo316 wrote: khawk wrote:Larry Holmes doesn't get up vs. Ernie Shavers and Shavers wins the world title via KO.   

I remember watching this fight at the Brunswick St. Tavern  many years ago.This thread is bringing back memories both good & bad.


Holmes himself said it was the hardest he was ever hit, so hard it put him out and woke him up in the same instant. Like a picture being taken he described it as as I recall.

Shavers catches him a little less clean, he's the champ. That changes everything else moving forward. Shavers wasn't much besides his power, so whomever he fought next could have beaten him.




Holmes'  next opponent was Lorenzo Zanon. I like to think Shavers would have beaten him - likely by KO.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Mar 10th, 2020 04:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 16056
Status: 
Offline
depends if Holmes had a rematch clause I suppose. Shavers could have made big money with that an option.

Might also mean Michael Spinks is never heavyweight champ...I doubt Holmes fights him with a loss on his record and no Marciano record to shoot for.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Mar 11th, 2020 12:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 7393
Status: 
Offline
I loved me some Earnie Shavers. My second favorite heavyweight fighter after Ron Lyle. However, he didn't always rise to the occasion. Against elite heavyweights in what was arguably the Golden Age of heavyweight, he had losses to Quarry, Lyle, Ali, Holmes 2x. Against jobbers he lost to Bernardo Mercado, Quick Tillis and Tex Fucking Cobb.



____________________
— The Iron Sheik (@the_ironsheik) October 8, 2009
hello @Paula_Deen you have midget pig dick and dead dog tits I hope I see you I break your fucking fat neck bitch
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Mar 11th, 2020 12:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
Heenan Fan
Mr Monday Night!


Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: Corona Virus, USA
Posts: 2932
Status: 
Offline
WongLee wrote: I loved me some Earnie Shavers. My second favorite heavyweight fighter after Ron Lyle. However, he didn't always rise to the occasion. Against elite heavyweights in what was arguably the Golden Age of heavyweight, he had losses to Quarry, Lyle, Ali, Holmes 2x. Against jobbers he lost to Bernardo Mercado, Quick Tillis and Tex Fucking Cobb.You do realize it's a work, right?



____________________
"Comedians are just like Pro Wrestlers...all the good ones are dead!" Me, 2019

"I'm too smart to be a Democrat and too poor to be a Republican." Me, 2000
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Mar 12th, 2020 08:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
BitterOldMan



Joined: Thu Jun 30th, 2016
Location: Illinois USA
Posts: 246
Status: 
Offline
Hue Hollins swallows his whistle and doesn't call Pippen for a phantom foul.

Bill Buckner fields the grounder clean.

Brock for Broglio doesn't happen

Bears win coin flip vs. Steelers for top draft spot and select Terry Bradshaw.

Bulls win coin flip vs Lakers for top draft spot and select Magic Johnson. 

Last edited on Thu Mar 12th, 2020 09:27 am by BitterOldMan

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 09:29 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > If You Had the Power to Change a Moment in Sports History Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems