WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Bimbo Coles  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Feb 25th, 2009 08:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
tamalie
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Mon Oct 22nd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4345
Status: 
Online
Does anyone remember Leon Wood? He was an off guard from Cal State-Fullerton and a member of the gold medal winning team from the 1984 Olympics. The 76ers made him the 10th overall pick in the 1984 draft with a choice aquired from the Nuggets. He never ended up being more than a journeyman player and his career ended after the 1991-92 season. He has been an NBA referee since 1995-96 and is one of only three persons to both play and officiate in the league.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Feb 26th, 2009 01:16 am
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
tamalie wrote: Does anyone remember Leon Wood? He was an off guard from Cal State-Fullerton and a member of the gold medal winning team from the 1984 Olympics. The 76ers made him the 10th overall pick in the 1984 draft with a choice aquired from the Nuggets. He never ended up being more than a journeyman player and his career ended after the 1991-92 season. He has been an NBA referee since 1995-96 and is one of only three persons to both play and officiate in the league.
He was a stiff. waste of a draft pick.



____________________

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Feb 26th, 2009 01:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
Hammer to Fall



Joined: Wed Nov 7th, 2007
Location: Near An Enigma
Posts: 1860
Status: 
Offline
freebirdsforever2001 wrote:

Tree Rollins


Tree was from Cordele.

Cordele was a racial hotbed until they realized that Tree could play some basketball. Everybody gets along fine over there now.

He was or still is a coach in the WNBA.



____________________
Cork on the ocean
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Feb 26th, 2009 01:28 am
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
Hammer to Fall wrote: freebirdsforever2001 wrote:

Tree Rollins


Tree was from Cordele.

Cordele was a racial hotbed until they realized that Tree could play some basketball. Everybody gets along fine over there now.

He was or still is a coach in the WNBA.

where's Cordele located at ?



____________________

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Feb 26th, 2009 01:45 am
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
LAF



Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4596
Status: 
Offline
I have a copy of the game where Tree Rollins bit Danny Ainge during a Hawks-Celtics playoff series in 1983. "Tree Bites Man."

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Feb 26th, 2009 02:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
carpetbeggar
The Ayatollah Of Rock And Rolla


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Dangling From A Rope Of...CONFETTI!!!
Posts: 11584
Status: 
Offline
Jerry Sichting

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Feb 26th, 2009 03:05 am
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
Scott Brooks



____________________

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Feb 26th, 2009 03:09 am
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13190
Status: 
Offline
Marvin "the human eraser" Webster



____________________
Only thing harder than achieving excellence is maintaining it.
Dream Well. It may come true.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Feb 26th, 2009 03:12 am
  PM Quote Reply
39th Post
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Manute Bol



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Feb 26th, 2009 03:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
40th Post
freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
clawmaster wrote: Manute Bol

he was a 3pt. specialist.



____________________

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Feb 26th, 2009 03:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
41st Post
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Jawaan Oldham



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Feb 26th, 2009 04:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
42nd Post
Hammer to Fall



Joined: Wed Nov 7th, 2007
Location: Near An Enigma
Posts: 1860
Status: 
Offline
freebirdsforever2001 wrote:
Hammer to Fall wrote: freebirdsforever2001 wrote:

Tree Rollins


Tree was from Cordele.

Cordele was a racial hotbed until they realized that Tree could play some basketball. Everybody gets along fine over there now.

He was or still is a coach in the WNBA.

where's Cordele located at ?


Not quite midway between Macon and the Florida line.



____________________
Cork on the ocean
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Feb 26th, 2009 04:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
43rd Post
tamalie
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Mon Oct 22nd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4345
Status: 
Online
Hammer to Fall wrote: freebirdsforever2001 wrote:
Hammer to Fall wrote: freebirdsforever2001 wrote:

Tree Rollins


Tree was from Cordele.

Cordele was a racial hotbed until they realized that Tree could play some basketball. Everybody gets along fine over there now.

He was or still is a coach in the WNBA.

where's Cordele located at ?


Not quite midway between Macon and the Florida line.

When Tree was looking at colleges, apart from getting him a car and about $60,000, Clemson head coach Tates Locke actually invented a phony black fraternity in order to fool Tree into thinking he'd have a social life on the mostly white campus that had only been integrated a decade earlier.

Last edited on Thu Feb 26th, 2009 04:50 pm by tamalie

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Feb 26th, 2009 07:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
44th Post
The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 9825
Status: 
Offline
stingmark wrote: Scott Hastings

David Greenwood


First two obscure guys I thought of too.  The glory days of the Bad Boys.  Those two never got off the bench unless the Pistons played the Bulls.  Then they each come in and knock Jordan on his ass twice and go back to the bench.

I toss out Walker D. Russell.



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Feb 26th, 2009 08:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
45th Post
freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
Michael Ray Richardson.  he had the world in his hands and he blew it up his nose.

Last edited on Thu Feb 26th, 2009 08:48 pm by freebirdsforever2001



____________________

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 12:12 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > Bimbo Coles Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems