WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Lindsay Lohan fails drug test, faces jail again

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Lindsay Lohan fails drug test, faces jail again  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Sep 18th, 2010 05:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Professor X



Joined: Wed Nov 28th, 2007
Location: Boston, USA
Posts: 184
Status: 
Offline
I know it's no secret that this girl's a mess but it's apparent that she's just not going to stop using even if it means going to jail.  She needs some serious rehab but ultimately she has to be the one to decide that she needs help and wants help.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100918/en_afp/entertainmentusfilmlohan

Lindsay Lohan fails drug test, faces jail again

LOS ANGELES (AFP) – Troubled US starlet Lindsay Lohan admitted she failed a drugs test, meaning she may be ordered back to jail a month after she was freed on bail. The 24-year-old stressed that drug addition was a disease which she hopes to overcome, but acknowledged that she was a "work in progress."
"Regrettably, I did in fact fail my most recent drug test ," she said on her Twitter feed, apparently confirming reports on the TMZ celebrity news website and People Magazine online which said she failed the test last week.
The failure would be a breach of her bail conditions, which could require her to return to jail for 30 days, the news outlets said.
Lohan said she was prepared to appear in court if required next week.
"This was certainly a setback for me but I am taking responsibility for my actions and I'm prepared to face the consequences" she wrote on the microblogging site.
"Substance abuse is a disease, which unfortunately doesn't go away over night. I am working hard to overcome it."
And she added:"I am so thankful for the support of my fans, loved ones and immediate family, who understand that I am trying hard, and taking positive steps .. but also that I am a work in progress, just as anyone else.
"I am keeping my faith, and I am hopeful....Thank you all!!!" she wrote.
 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Sep 19th, 2010 12:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 6996
Status: 
Offline
More bullshit. If the girl was caught driving while high, I would be all for throwing her ass back in jail because she would be a menace to other people. If the bitch is snorting a few rails in the privacy of her own home, who gives a fuck!! Let the girl snort her brain pan shiny. Do we really need to incarcerate this person on the taxpayer dime. She's not dealing crank to 3rd graders. She didn't get caught driving an SUV through an orphanage while high on angel dust. What is the purpose of this exercise?



____________________
— The Iron Sheik (@the_ironsheik) October 8, 2009
hello @Paula_Deen you have midget pig dick and dead dog tits I hope I see you I break your fucking fat neck bitch
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Sep 19th, 2010 12:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
It could be worse, She could get out of jail time again like Paris Hilton just did.



____________________

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Sep 19th, 2010 12:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17761
Status: 
Offline
30  days = 4 days



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Sep 19th, 2010 03:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 15652
Status: 
Offline
WongLee wrote: More bullshit. If the girl was caught driving while high, I would be all for throwing her ass back in jail because she would be a menace to other people. If the bitch is snorting a few rails in the privacy of her own home, who gives a fuck!! Let the girl snort her brain pan shiny.

 

I sort of agree, but snorting her brain pan shiny probably leads to actions that will be harmful to the general public at some point.

It's like preventative medicine at this point, I suppose.

Guarantee me she stays home away from where she could hurt someone innocent and I'm all for her being allowed to slowly kill herself. We might get a porn video or two out of it to boot.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Sep 19th, 2010 07:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49181
Status: 
Offline
khawk wrote: WongLee wrote: More bullshit. If the girl was caught driving while high, I would be all for throwing her ass back in jail because she would be a menace to other people. If the bitch is snorting a few rails in the privacy of her own home, who gives a fuck!! Let the girl snort her brain pan shiny.

 

I sort of agree, but snorting her brain pan shiny probably leads to actions that will be harmful to the general public at some point.

It's like preventative medicine at this point, I suppose.

Guarantee me she stays home away from where she could hurt someone innocent and I'm all for her being allowed to slowly kill herself. We might get a porn video or two out of it to boot.

Most drug addicts aren't a danger to anyone except themselves.  It's not like she's going to mug someone for drug money.  Just keep these people from driving and let them self-destruct.  If we only enforced the driving laws, things would be a lot better for all of us and we'd have the jail space to keep the real criminals behind bars longer.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Sep 19th, 2010 07:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 6791
Status: 
Online
I'm still cracking up at her substance abuse is a disease excuse. Fuck that. It's a condition that can be mitigated. No disease forces someone to snort coke.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Sep 19th, 2010 07:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
sek69



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posts: 5509
Status: 
Offline
Principal_Raditch wrote: I'm still cracking up at her substance abuse is a disease excuse. Fuck that. It's a condition that can be mitigated. No disease forces someone to snort coke.

It's not that addiction is a compulsion to do drugs, most of the time it's either triggered by traumatic family events or a history of drug abuse. She's not going to get any sympathy from anyone because she's famous, but she's been in the movie business since she was a child (which seldom ends well) and her parents still are irresponsible assholes. I think her mom doesn't even think she has a problem despite her being in legal trouble several times.

Bottom line, it's not hard to see what would possibly lead her to drinking/drugs to escape, and once your brain chemicals are altered to have a craving for that substance it's hard to quit. Your brain needs reprogrammed to not want that substance anymore. It's why rehab doesn't seem to work for some people.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Sep 19th, 2010 08:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49181
Status: 
Offline
sek69 wrote: Principal_Raditch wrote: I'm still cracking up at her substance abuse is a disease excuse. Fuck that. It's a condition that can be mitigated. No disease forces someone to snort coke.

It's not that addiction is a compulsion to do drugs, most of the time it's either triggered by traumatic family events or a history of drug abuse. She's not going to get any sympathy from anyone because she's famous, but she's been in the movie business since she was a child (which seldom ends well) and her parents still are irresponsible assholes. I think her mom doesn't even think she has a problem despite her being in legal trouble several times.

Bottom line, it's not hard to see what would possibly lead her to drinking/drugs to escape, and once your brain chemicals are altered to have a craving for that substance it's hard to quit. Your brain needs reprogrammed to not want that substance anymore. It's why rehab doesn't seem to work for some people.

That's all well and good but a disease is something that you typically have no control over, and substance abuse issues are something that you make yourself develop.  I have no sympathy for any of them, famous or not.  She has access to the best treatment facilities that money can buy, she needs to start taking it seriously and stop doing this shit.  It's not easy but it's also been done by plenty of people over the years too so she needs to get off the fucking Twitter looking for sympathy and start helping herself.  This "disease" excuse is offensive to the millions of people who really do have serious medical issues, many of whom don't have the money or insurance to treat themselves. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Sep 19th, 2010 10:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Married Jo



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 6734
Status: 
Offline
Principal_Raditch wrote: I'm still cracking up at her substance abuse is a disease excuse. Fuck that. It's a condition that can be mitigated. No disease forces someone to snort coke.This.



____________________
Well, Im of the opinion that one wouldnt actually have to eat the corn out of Chynas shit to know that nothing good could come of it. - Portalesman
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Sep 20th, 2010 12:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
king-of-old-school



Joined: Sat Oct 20th, 2007
Location: Connecticut USA
Posts: 636
Status: 
Offline
I would still love to play with those tits.....



____________________
Yes,I am a Vendor
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Sep 20th, 2010 12:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
sek69



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posts: 5509
Status: 
Offline
It's been fairly well proven by medical science that some people just tend to be more susceptible to addiction than others. There are some people who become an alcoholic from one drink, and other people who can do several rails of coke and just think "nah, this isn't for me" and just stop using it. 

It is a disease regardless of if you consider it to be or not. Would you have the same feelings toward someone who say, got lung cancer from working in a coal mine? They made the choice, right? Or maybe you just try to help the person who's sick and not pass judgment on how they got that way.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Sep 20th, 2010 01:55 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Road Warrior Yajuta



Joined: Sat Jul 3rd, 2010
Location: D'Iberville, Ms, USA
Posts: 4797
Status: 
Offline
No that is a mental predisposition not a disease. If it were a disease they'd feel compelled to drink or get fucked up whether they ever tried it or not. I do feel some sympathy as addictions can suck. The point still stands, at some point all the sycophants and enablers should have tried to help her get clean instead of mooching her money. At some point the money will dry up and all those folks, her damn Mom included, will bail on her like she were the Titanic after the Iceberg.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Sep 20th, 2010 03:09 am
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17866
Status: 
Offline
khawk wrote:
WongLee wrote: More bullshit. If the girl was caught driving while high, I would be all for throwing her ass back in jail because she would be a menace to other people. If the bitch is snorting a few rails in the privacy of her own home, who gives a fuck!! Let the girl snort her brain pan shiny.

 

I sort of agree, but snorting her brain pan shiny probably leads to actions that will be harmful to the general public at some point.

It's like preventative medicine at this point, I suppose.

Guarantee me she stays home away from where she could hurt someone innocent and I'm all for her being allowed to slowly kill herself. We might get a porn video or two out of it to boot.


The Resident Philosopher says: Well thought-out. Positive actions coming from negative behavior are always encouraged and a plus for creativity. A-.



____________________
"That's what a pre-med degree will get you kids, nearly correct spelling and pissing in a bowl on Skype"-SRossi on Sunny
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Sep 20th, 2010 07:09 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
stingmark



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9390
Status: 
Offline
Maybe now she can get donkey punched on a regular basis, by one of her fellow coke heads?



____________________
"I went to the #6th ranked liberal Arts College in California, I'm smarter than anyone else"(Also found out to be a formerly racist institution-Jeff Forsyth)




Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 11:45 pm Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Lindsay Lohan fails drug test, faces jail again Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems