WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > McDonald's Dollar Menu is getting shorter

 Moderated by: brodiescomics, beejmi
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
McDonald's Dollar Menu is getting shorter  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Mar 24th, 2012 09:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
TerryWWWF



Joined: Mon Nov 26th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 3640
Status: 
Offline
At least it is in my neighborhood. Took a glance today when I stopped after work. The small fries are $1.19 now. The pies, which were 2/$1 last week, are now 2 for $1.49.

A couple of months ago, the four piece Chicken McNuggets were also dropped. Don't know how much those are now.

They still sell the McDouble for $1 even though the regular cheeseburger is 99 cents.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Mar 24th, 2012 09:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Married Jo



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 5280
Status: 
Offline
As long as they leave the McDouble at a buck, then all is fine..



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Mar 24th, 2012 10:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17128
Status: 
Offline
Time to go elsewhere for the dollar menu's.

As long as Wendy's doesn't up their prices, I be going there now

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Mar 25th, 2012 07:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
BuddyPSHayes



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Anywhere I Damn Well Please
Posts: 3255
Status: 
Offline
As long as Jack in the Box still has two tacos for 99 cents, all will be right with the world.



____________________


"The only area I can think of to avoid in Houston is Houston." - srossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Mar 25th, 2012 08:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
BottomlessJack2



Joined: Sat Aug 2nd, 2008
Location: The Isle Of, Tonga
Posts: 1862
Status: 
Offline
TerryWWWF wrote:
At least it is in my neighborhood. Took a glance today when I stopped after work. The small fries are $1.19 now. The pies, which were 2/$1 last week, are now 2 for $1.49.

A couple of months ago, the four piece Chicken McNuggets were also dropped. Don't know how much those are now.

They still sell the McDouble for $1 even though the regular cheeseburger is 99 cents.



I never really paid attention to Nuggets on the value menu, but they do have 20 nuggets for $5 so technically you still can get 4 nuggets for a buck, you just have to buy in quantity.

Not sure if it was a typo or not, but the small fries weren't $1 to start with, at least not here... We have Value Fries for $1, which are the old small fries (before they got rid of Super Size and everything changed).

I remember they sold 2 pies for a buck, so I'll be interested to see if that went up here too. I don't eat them but I'm curious if our prices have went up as well.... I know from a commercial I saw the other day that BK only does one pie for $1 so maybe McD's thought they could raise theirs too...



____________________

ENTER THE NEW CRAZYMAX.ORG
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Mar 25th, 2012 09:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
thunderbolt
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Manhattan Beach, California USA
Posts: 5942
Status: 
Offline
When I was a kid, McDonald's used to advertise that you could get a burger, fries and a coke and get change back from a dollar.



____________________
The kind of man who wants the government to adopt and enforce his ideas is always the kind of man whose ideas are idiotic. ~ HL Mencken
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Mar 25th, 2012 09:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Quattro

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 3137
Status: 
Offline
thunderbolt wrote:
When I was a kid, McDonald's used to advertise that you could get a burger, fries and a coke and get change back from a dollar.


It's hell to be old, huh?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Mar 25th, 2012 09:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 33132
Status: 
Offline
thunderbolt wrote: When I was a kid, McDonald's used to advertise that you could get a burger, fries and a coke and get change back from a dollar.

Yeah, but you had to walk 12 miles through the snow with no shoes to get to that McDonald's.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Mar 25th, 2012 10:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Portalesman
Rubber Room Mod


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 6548
Status: 
Online
srossi wrote: thunderbolt wrote: When I was a kid, McDonald's used to advertise that you could get a burger, fries and a coke and get change back from a dollar.

Yeah, but you had to walk 12 miles through the snow with no shoes to get to that McDonald's.

He walked 5 miles to and from school barefoot.  All he had for lunch was a piece of salt pork and biscuit in a bucket of lard.



____________________
http://www.wrestlingfanssuck.com

Sixk of Portalsman and he is a total fucking loser and mark for himself. A bore. Dude has never been laid in his life.

Total piece of garbage and a reason I have left wrestling forums. drdelaware
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Mar 26th, 2012 08:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Count Grog
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Fuquay Varina, NC, USA
Posts: 14609
Status: 
Offline
thunderbolt wrote:
When I was a kid, McDonald's used to advertise that you could get a burger, fries and a coke and get change back from a dollar.

I recall that too, it was a middle school cut down "your mom is like McDonalds, she gives you change back from a dollar".



____________________
"That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age."
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Mar 26th, 2012 05:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
gwlee7



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4603
Status: 
Offline
Portalesman wrote: srossi wrote: thunderbolt wrote: When I was a kid, McDonald's used to advertise that you could get a burger, fries and a coke and get change back from a dollar.

Yeah, but you had to walk 12 miles through the snow with no shoes to get to that McDonald's.

He walked 5 miles to and from school barefoot.  All he had for lunch was a piece of salt pork and biscuit in a bucket of lard.

It was uphill both ways too. Times were tough back then.



____________________
My prediction: stingmark, the Donkey Punch, and an uncomfortable debate about security in one's sexuality in 2 rounds.---DFG answering Port's question of who legit wins a stingmark/srossi octagon shootfight
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Mar 26th, 2012 11:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
TerryWWWF



Joined: Mon Nov 26th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 3640
Status: 
Offline
BottomlessJack2 wrote:
TerryWWWF wrote:
At least it is in my neighborhood. Took a glance today when I stopped after work. The small fries are $1.19 now. The pies, which were 2/$1 last week, are now 2 for $1.49.

A couple of months ago, the four piece Chicken McNuggets were also dropped. Don't know how much those are now.

They still sell the McDouble for $1 even though the regular cheeseburger is 99 cents.



I never really paid attention to Nuggets on the value menu, but they do have 20 nuggets for $5 so technically you still can get 4 nuggets for a buck, you just have to buy in quantity.

Not sure if it was a typo or not, but the small fries weren't $1 to start with, at least not here... We have Value Fries for $1, which are the old small fries (before they got rid of Super Size and everything changed).

I remember they sold 2 pies for a buck, so I'll be interested to see if that went up here too. I don't eat them but I'm curious if our prices have went up as well.... I know from a commercial I saw the other day that BK only does one pie for $1 so maybe McD's thought they could raise theirs too...


The small fries were part of it:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/08/mcdonalds-dollar-menu_n_1330563.html

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 01:02 pm  
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > McDonald's Dollar Menu is getting shorter Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems