WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
only in America, right?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Jan 4th, 2013 02:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
katook



Joined: Tue Sep 21st, 2010
Location: In A Trailerpark Filled With Rednecks, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3360
Status: 
Online
http://news.yahoo.com/philippine-officials-man-fatally-shoots-7-being-killed-075201719.html

 
MANILA, Philippines - Philippine officials say a man has fatally shot seven people and wounded six before being shot dead by police in a town near the capital.

Cavite provincial Gov. Jonvic Remulla says the dead in Friday's rampage in Kawit township, 16 kilometres (10 miles) south of Manila, included a pregnant woman and 7-year-old girl.

Remulla says the gunman was Ronald Bae. A radio report citing a doctor says Bae was 30.

Remulla says Bae was originally from Kawit and returned Wednesday after leaving his wife.

Radio reports citing neighbours say Bae was drinking beer at a store in Kawit late Thursday. He left but later returned and began the shooting spree in the surrounding neighbourhood.

Police say they're looking for a man who helped Bae reload his gun during the spree.

____________________________________________________________________

Do they have a 2nd amendment there?


Last edited on Fri Jan 4th, 2013 03:37 pm by brodiescomics



____________________
since there doesn't seem to be a way to be vocal about being an Atheist without coming across as a condescending cock opening about it, you might as well go all the way with it.--Sek69
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Jan 4th, 2013 03:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
indikator



Joined: Fri Jan 23rd, 2009
Location: Bratenwender City, Germany
Posts: 2561
Status: 
Offline
There was a shooting in Switzerland, too.

Why do I mention this?
The Swiss have the militia principle or whatever it's called. Meaning that people can or must have weapons at home. This guy probably had some old ass weapon because of it, furthermore he had a shotgun when he was shot. As you can see I need further sources. But, it was noted that he had to give away his weapons during or after a stint in a psychiatric ward. So they must have some gun regulations for insane people (maybe he was a convict??).
This was news to me and is probably to you too, which is why I made this post. Knowledge~!

*insert rant why the other countries are insane* ;)



____________________
The Don Owen signature has been retired as the Dean Silverstone book made the point that he was an antisemite. I shall give you a Greatmuta1025 approved Hello Kitty picture instead.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Jan 4th, 2013 05:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
thunderbolt
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Manhattan Beach, California USA
Posts: 6205
Status: 
Offline
indikator wrote: There was a shooting in Switzerland, too.

Why do I mention this?
The Swiss have the militia principle or whatever it's called. Meaning that people can or must have weapons at home. This guy probably had some old ass weapon because of it, furthermore he had a shotgun when he was shot. As you can see I need further sources. But, it was noted that he had to give away his weapons during or after a stint in a psychiatric ward. So they must have some gun regulations for insane people (maybe he was a convict??).
This was news to me and is probably to you too, which is why I made this post. Knowledge~!

*insert rant why the other countries are insane* ;)
In the United States, if you have been convicted of a felony or have been adjudicated as mentally incompetent (which includes insane among myriad other afflictions) then you cannot legally purchase or own a firearm and the mandatory background check has access to these databases.



____________________
The kind of man who wants the government to adopt and enforce his ideas is always the kind of man whose ideas are idiotic. ~ HL Mencken
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Jan 6th, 2013 03:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 3140
Status: 
Offline
This happens a lot over there. Far easier to get a gun too. Just ask around and flash a few dollars.



____________________
Comic Saaaaaannnsss
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Jan 7th, 2013 06:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
yellowdog



Joined: Fri Mar 5th, 2010
Location: New Bern, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3802
Status: 
Offline
thunderbolt wrote: indikator wrote: There was a shooting in Switzerland, too.

Why do I mention this?
The Swiss have the militia principle or whatever it's called. Meaning that people can or must have weapons at home. This guy probably had some old ass weapon because of it, furthermore he had a shotgun when he was shot. As you can see I need further sources. But, it was noted that he had to give away his weapons during or after a stint in a psychiatric ward. So they must have some gun regulations for insane people (maybe he was a convict??).
This was news to me and is probably to you too, which is why I made this post. Knowledge~!

*insert rant why the other countries are insane* ;)
In the United States, if you have been convicted of a felony or have been adjudicated as mentally incompetent (which includes insane among myriad other afflictions) then you cannot legally purchase or own a firearm and the mandatory background check has access to these databases.

except in several states that allow guns to be purchased at gun shows with no backgound check.



____________________
"It's a Dog Eat Dog World"
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Jan 7th, 2013 07:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Road Warrior Yajuta



Joined: Sat Jul 3rd, 2010
Location: D'Iberville, Ms, USA
Posts: 4797
Status: 
Offline
yellowdog wrote: thunderbolt wrote: indikator wrote: There was a shooting in Switzerland, too.

Why do I mention this?
The Swiss have the militia principle or whatever it's called. Meaning that people can or must have weapons at home. This guy probably had some old ass weapon because of it, furthermore he had a shotgun when he was shot. As you can see I need further sources. But, it was noted that he had to give away his weapons during or after a stint in a psychiatric ward. So they must have some gun regulations for insane people (maybe he was a convict??).
This was news to me and is probably to you too, which is why I made this post. Knowledge~!

*insert rant why the other countries are insane* ;)
In the United States, if you have been convicted of a felony or have been adjudicated as mentally incompetent (which includes insane among myriad other afflictions) then you cannot legally purchase or own a firearm and the mandatory background check has access to these databases.

except in several states that allow guns to be purchased at gun shows with no backgound check.
Plus some States allow the gun dealers to sell kits where you can convert semi auto to full auto.  They really do need to close the loop holes those folks take advantage of.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Jan 7th, 2013 08:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
yellowdog wrote:
thunderbolt wrote: indikator wrote: There was a shooting in Switzerland, too.

Why do I mention this?
The Swiss have the militia principle or whatever it's called. Meaning that people can or must have weapons at home. This guy probably had some old ass weapon because of it, furthermore he had a shotgun when he was shot. As you can see I need further sources. But, it was noted that he had to give away his weapons during or after a stint in a psychiatric ward. So they must have some gun regulations for insane people (maybe he was a convict??).
This was news to me and is probably to you too, which is why I made this post. Knowledge~!

*insert rant why the other countries are insane* ;)
In the United States, if you have been convicted of a felony or have been adjudicated as mentally incompetent (which includes insane among myriad other afflictions) then you cannot legally purchase or own a firearm and the mandatory background check has access to these databases.

except in several states that allow guns to be purchased at gun shows with no backgound check.


Indiana claims to be one of those, but every gun show I go to, requires it. It could be the dealers are from states that its required as well, but I have no idea

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Jan 8th, 2013 05:41 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Matt Farmer

 

Joined: Fri Jun 3rd, 2011
Location: Seattle, Washington USA
Posts: 687
Status: 
Offline
Here in Washington state every few months they have a big gun show at the Puyallup fairgrounds. You can by large calibar semi-automatic guns with no background check. Heck if you have enough money you could buy dozens.

I'm no big gun guy but there were rocket launchers and crazy shit. I'm surprised none of these phycos have went on grenade launching sprees.



____________________
to email me: inferno4l@hotmail.com
Follow on Twitter: @mattfarmer93
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Jan 8th, 2013 08:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
I have zero issue with an assault gun ban, zero issue with background checks at gun shows and stores.

I do have issues with the Govt putting out lists of who owns guns.  I take offense that Govt's want to treat gun owners like sex offenders, and have them placed on maps so the entire world knows they do something that is legal.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Jan 8th, 2013 12:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Vintage Wrestling



Joined: Wed Jan 30th, 2008
Location: Marinette, WI
Posts: 949
Status: 
Offline
Road Warrior Yajuta wrote: Plus some States allow the gun dealers to sell kits where you can convert semi auto to full auto.  They really do need to close the loop holes those folks take advantage of.
LOL. That is an outright lie.



____________________
HUSS HUSS HUSS HUSS HUSS HUSS HUSS HUSS
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 07:45 am  
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > only in America, right? Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems