WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > New Ace Frehley Single - Surprisingly Killer

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
New Ace Frehley Single - Surprisingly Killer  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat May 31st, 2014 08:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Coram, New York
Posts: 7761
Status: 
Offline
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZZVVXghh1eM

I know there are alot of Kisstards on this board who might appreciate this track. This is the new song off of Ace's Space Invaders album. It's a total throwback to the '78 solo album. No new ground is broken here, Ace's vocals are well......Ace's vocals. But in my opinion, this tune completely works.



____________________
by the blood of jesus i rebuke you ,you foul mouth lying satan jesusjesus hallelujah,halleujah be gone you evil spirit

BJWINDHAM MULLIGAN
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat May 31st, 2014 11:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17866
Status: 
Offline
The first two leads at the start of the song are the solos from Let Me Go Rock & Roll into part of the lead from Firehouse, verbatim. 
The solo/fill at the end is a lot of the end of Let Me Go Rock & Roll again.


That said, I like it. Thanks for posting.

Last edited on Sat May 31st, 2014 11:07 pm by HBF



____________________
"That's what a pre-med degree will get you kids, nearly correct spelling and pissing in a bowl on Skype"-SRossi on Sunny
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Jun 2nd, 2014 01:49 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 53326
Status: 
Offline
Decent enough song that recaptures some of the classic KISS sound.  Wouldn't say it's anything special though.  Probably better than anything the new KISS has done in recent years though.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Jun 2nd, 2014 03:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17866
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: Decent enough song that recaptures some of the classic KISS sound.  Wouldn't say it's anything special though.  Probably better than anything the new KISS has done in recent years though.


Agreed. It was Ace that made that band, period. If you listed to demos of Strutter before Ace got there, it sounded like a misguided Jethro Tull (with flutes and all!).



____________________
"That's what a pre-med degree will get you kids, nearly correct spelling and pissing in a bowl on Skype"-SRossi on Sunny
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Jun 2nd, 2014 08:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
the squared circle



Joined: Thu Feb 21st, 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7996
Status: 
Offline
Thanks for posting Wonger. It's not bad. I guess that's the best we can get from ace nowadays. The swearing at the end was unnecessary. His voice sounds too digitally altered too. Still love him of course.

Kiss hasn't done much recently but their last single was actually much much better than I expected: Hell or Hallelujah http://youtu.be/s9bsasfyESs

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Jun 2nd, 2014 08:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Married Jo



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 6999
Status: 
Offline
Yeah, the last few singles Kiss has put out off their last couple of albums have been really good..the albums overall were just "ok" but the singles rocked. Besides "Hell or Hallelujah" which I loved these were great as well:

"Modern Day Delilah" (LOVED this one)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1YfsT3r5xM

"Say Yeah"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WohYT9-SWhA



____________________
Well, Im of the opinion that one wouldnt actually have to eat the corn out of Chynas shit to know that nothing good could come of it. - Portalesman
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Jun 8th, 2014 10:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
BigJ



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: The Bottom Of Lake Millerton
Posts: 6935
Status: 
Offline
Wall of Sound off Monster isn't bad either. But this is my favorite recent kiss track

http://youtu.be/aCuWWnDOeKU

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Jun 8th, 2014 10:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
BigJ



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: The Bottom Of Lake Millerton
Posts: 6935
Status: 
Offline
HBF wrote: srossi wrote: Decent enough song that recaptures some of the classic KISS sound.  Wouldn't say it's anything special though.  Probably better than anything the new KISS has done in recent years though.


Agreed. It was Ace that made that band, period. If you listed to demos of Strutter before Ace got there, it sounded like a misguided Jethro Tull (with flutes and all!).
That change of focus didn't have anything to do with Ace. They were already headed in that direction. 
Wicked Lester was a different thing entirely. 
I wish Ace hadn't self destructed too, but attributing their success to him solely is a big stretch. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Jun 9th, 2014 01:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17866
Status: 
Offline
BigJ wrote: HBF wrote: srossi wrote: Decent enough song that recaptures some of the classic KISS sound.  Wouldn't say it's anything special though.  Probably better than anything the new KISS has done in recent years though.


Agreed. It was Ace that made that band, period. If you listed to demos of Strutter before Ace got there, it sounded like a misguided Jethro Tull (with flutes and all!).
That change of focus didn't have anything to do with Ace. They were already headed in that direction. 
Wicked Lester was a different thing entirely. 
I wish Ace hadn't self destructed too, but attributing their success to him solely is a big stretch. 
They've sustained the test of time so you're correct, but I don't think they'd have made it anywhere without Ace in the beginning and still believe that to be the case.

Wicked Lester "She": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSfSek0kt1c

Kiss "She": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wAo-LAZlkcGranted, Ace is playing Robbie Krieger's "Five to One" solo almost verbatim here, it fits perfectly.  

Wicked Lester "Love Her All I Can: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSfSek0kt1c


Kiss "Love Her All I Can": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6WYUyRIMrA

Also, side note, how good is this version, the original demo of Deuce (the first song they ever recorded together as KISS)?  Peter makes this with his interplay on Ace. Those two were the difference, in my opinion: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a0BcvjtNCE

Last edited on Mon Jun 9th, 2014 02:10 am by HBF



____________________
"That's what a pre-med degree will get you kids, nearly correct spelling and pissing in a bowl on Skype"-SRossi on Sunny
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 10:42 am  
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > New Ace Frehley Single - Surprisingly Killer Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems