WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Bizarre Cases of the missing and murdered

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Bizarre Cases of the missing and murdered  Rating:  Rating
 Posted: Sat Jul 6th, 2019 11:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
196th Post


Joined: Wed Sep 28th, 2011
Posts: 1080

" At 3:50 AM on Monday, April 18, 2016, surveillance footage captured an unknown individual breaking into the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Texas, and creeping through the closed building.

Dressed in head-to-toe, faux SWAT gear, the supposed burglar proceeded to wander throughout the halls. He or she carried a hammer in their left hand. The unknown individual “clad in tactical gear, wearing a black helmet, and vest with ‘POLICE’ on it” appeared in eerie contrast to the humble community church surroundings.

Walking through the empty church in a disturbingly-casual way, the unidentified person opened doors, checked locks, and nonchalantly broke the occasional window. Authorities estimate that this person is between 5’2″ and 5’7″ tall, but the intruder’s identity, and even gender, is hopelessly obscured.

Surveillance video from that morning also shows 45-year-old, fitness instructor and mother of three, Terri “Missy” Bevers, arriving at and entering the church around 4:20 AM. Missy had arrived early to set-up for a 5:00 AM exercise class which she instructed. In the video, the burglar is seen shortly before Missy arrives, but then disappears off-screen. However, Missy and the masked individual will, unfortunately, cross paths that morning in the darkened church.

At 5:06 AM, one of Missy’s students frantically called 911 after discovering that she had been brutally attack. Described as unresponsive and having “puncture wounds to her head and chest,” the beautiful fitness coach had been bludgeoned to death.

Authorities soon released references to “ongoing financial and marital struggle” within the Bevers household. Search warrants revealed police allegations of “flirtatious and familiar” messages sent between Missy and an unnamed individual.

Public opinion focused harshly upon Missy’s husband and his family. However, after almost a year of investigation, no arrests have been made. Police have emphasized that Missy’s family is not a “focus of the investigation,” and that they are now examining her murder as “an untargeted type of hit.”
The information released to the public has ultimately served to create more questions than answers. Why was the assailant dressed in POLICE tactical gear? Why such a specific, all-out disguise for a 3 AM prowler? Was he or she aware of the surveillance cameras? Was he or she there to kill Missy? And, what does the video show about the unknown assailant?

Most importantly, WHO murdered Missy Bevers and why? Did the murderer break-in with the intention of harming Missy specifically? Or were they just there to burgle the church? Did the killer have an intimate knowledge of Missy’s schedule? Could social media have provided important details to the murderer?

However, police, and the general community at large, have all also made particular note of the fact that the assailant displays a “distinctive walk.” In one released affidavit, police even described the gait as “caused by an injury to his or her right leg or foot.” Some observers have theorized that the individual was wearing boots intentionally sized “too big, as they look odd.”

The unidentified person is first shown walking out into a dim hallway. The intruder slowly walks further out of the camera’s view, dragging their right hand (or something in their right hand) down the wall. It is noteworthy that the individual does not seem to spend any significant amount of time checking or listening for potential employees or other people.

The camera then cuts to another view where the masked individual is shown confidently opening a door. He or she steps behind the door, disappears, and then returns to view after a bit. At this point, something, resembling either a hammer or a mallet, can be more clearly seen in the individual’s right hand. The person then attempts to open a different, locked door. He or she coolly proceeds to focus on working the door open, using tools produced from their tactical gear. After a couple unsuccessful attempts, the individual reorganizes items in their tactical wear (taking their sweet time in doing so), and then calmly walks off.

Now, observably holding the hammer/mallet in their left hand, the masked assailant opens the lower, and then upper, portions of a set of dutch doors, leaving them widely spread. He or she steps inside the door frame for a split moment, and then, immediately resumes walking down the hall. After a bit, the assailant turns back towards the camera and enters a recessed area. Video then shows the individual nonchalantly swinging the hammer/mallet a few times at something, presumably a door or window off-screen.

Police also released parking lot footage “from SWFA Outdoors… a couple of hours before Missy Bevers’ murder.” The video shows a light-colored Nissan Altima circling the lot and, at one point, turning its headlights off and on. Authorities determined after investigation that, though the intruder was initially suspected of being a petty thief, “nothing from the church appears missing.” The suspect seems to have utilized “a pry bar to smash a window and enter through a side door.”Initially, Missy’s husband, Brandon Bevers, did not “believe his wife knew her killer.” However, after further investigation, by May 2016, Brandon was adamant that Missy’s death was not the result of crossing paths with a random burglar.

Teague was sunbathing at Newburgh Beach in Henderson County, Kentucky on August 26, 1995. A witness was observing the beach area through a telescope from across the Ohio River at approximately 12:45 p.m. The witness told authorities that he saw a Caucasian man approach Teague at that time.

The abductor allegedly grabbed Teague by the hair and dragged her into the woods off of Newburgh Beach at gunpoint. The abductor was approximately 6'0 and weighed 210 to 230 pounds. He had brown hair and a bushy brown beard. He was wearing jeans and did not have shirt on. He was also reported to be wearing a wig and a mosquito net at the time he abducted Teague.

Authorities searched the Newburgh Beach area later in the day and discovered part of Teague's bathing suit near the alleged abduction site. Additional evidence was also located, but nothing investigators found could lead them to Teague's whereabouts. She has never been heard from again.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Jul 13th, 2019 02:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
197th Post


Joined: Wed Sep 28th, 2011
Posts: 1080

At the age of thirteen, Cory Roberts brutally beat and raped a 3-year-old girl. While in juvenile facility, he raped two of his cellmates. He was paroled in 2001, and went on to molest an underage boy weeks later. Roberts was re-arrested and sentenced to life, but was once again paroled in 2014.

For 11 years, Cory E. Roberts was housed at the state’s center for sexually violent predators and for 11 years he stalled efforts to have him committed there.

Last month he won the argument and on Monday was released into Tacoma after two experts decided he did not meet the criteria for being committed at the Special Commitment Center on McNeil Island.

“What stunned me about this particular defendant’s release was not only his horrific history, but his unwillingness to pursue treatment while at McNeil Island,” Pierce County Prosecutor Mark Lindquist said.

The 37-year-old’s convictions include sexually and physically assaulting a 3-year-old girl in 1990 when he was 13 and living in Benton County. Roberts had responded to a babysitting ad and was supposed to be caring for the toddler.
The child suffered permanent brain damage and paralysis as well as blindness in one eye and loss of sight in the other, her mother, Kelly McGinnis, told KIRO-TV.

“He’s a monster,” McGinnis said.

Her daughter regularly asks if Roberts is in jail, said McGinnis, who told KIRO she’ll keep telling her he is. The brain injury from the attack left her daughter with the mental ability of a 10-year-old, and learning about the release would be too much for her, McGinnis said.


In 1982, two women disappear together in South Lake Tahoe, CA. Five and six months later, their bodies are discovered—but it seems they had died only weeks earlier. What happened to Julie Schossow and Marilyn Putt?

​​​​​​​The Disappearance

Julie Schossow, 25, and Marilyn Putt, 27, were close friends. They had both worked as blackjack dealers at the Harrah's Casino in South Lake Tahoe, on the border of Nevada and California, since May 1980. Marilyn had a 5-year-old son, Jason, and they had lived in a rented house at 725 Los Angeles Avenue since October 1981. The Putts shared the house with a roommate, Colleen Gore, who often helped take care of Jason. Schossow was in between apartments and temporarily living in the home as well. Neighbors recalled there were often many cars at the house, although there weren’t wild or noisy parties there. Jason was often seen playing in the snow with other neighborhood children.

On January 12, 1982, Schossow and Putt had both worked at Harrah’s and then returned home after their shift. What is known about the intervening hours seems to come largely from their roommate, Colleen Gore. Schossow and Putt told Gore they were going “to party,” and at approximately 1 AM, a car horn sounded outside of the house and the women left.

Both victims were seen drinking together at the Rendezvous Bar inside Harrah’s and leaving a bar with some men that evening, however I do not know if this happened before they returned home or after they went out again to party. Colleen told police that sometime during the night, Schossow came back to pick up her car. Putt called 11 hours later (unclear if this is at noon on January 13, or 11 hours after Schossow returned for the car) and said they had “met a couple of rich guys” and were headed to Sacramento or San Francisco. Putt asked Gore to babysit her son.

Gore did not report the women missing for four days. This would have been approximately January 17.

On February 2, police found Schossow’s brown Honda in the Harrah’s parking lot, covered in snow and with flat tires. Police said this indicated the car had been there since the day the women went missing, January 13. (What is mystifying is why the police knew the women were missing since January 17, knew Schossow’s car was missing, and knew both women worked at Harrah’s—yet apparently didn’t check that parking lot until February 2.)

Note this interesting passage in an article from February 18, 1982, in the Reno Gazette-Journal: “The neighbors and some of the women’s co-workers from Harrah’s are reluctant to talk about Putt and Schossow. One Los Angeles Avenue woman said she was worried about retribution from the ‘two men the girls were with that night,’ and the Harrah’s workers have been ordered by casino officials not to talk about the missing dealers.”

Discovery of the Bodies

On June 6, 1982, almost six months later, the body of Marilyn Putt was discovered in the South Fork of the American River, one mile west of an area known as Chili Bar off of Highway 193. Her body was nude and had been weighted down with chains and binding material and the cause of death appears to be ligature strangulation, with the time of death being estimated at 6-8 weeks prior to her body being found.

One month later, on July 9, 1982, the body of Julie Schossow was discovered also in the South Fork of the American River, approximately 150 yards from where Marilyn Putt's body had been discovered. She had a cord tightly wrapped around her neck two times and the coroner could not rule out the fact that she may have been bound together with Marilyn Putt. The cause of death appears to be ligature strangulation, with the time of death being estimated at 6-8 weeks prior to her body being found.

Given the discrepancy between the time the women went missing and the estimated time of death, it is believed that the women were held captive for approximately three months, believed to be somewhere in between South Lake Tahoe and Placerville.

Other events or potential leads

*Notably, another woman, Debney Lynn Lobanoff, 28, went missing not long before these women in December 1981. Her nude body was found floating in the Slab Creek Reservoir on July 3, 1982, in between the discoveries of Putt’s and Schossow’s bodies and approximately 7.5 miles upstream. According to her husband, Debney left with two “biker-type” men. This case also remains unsolved.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Aug 9th, 2019 04:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
198th Post


Joined: Wed Sep 28th, 2011
Posts: 1080

Gang-raped and dumped in Gurgaon, 15-year-old takes lift home. Raped again

A 15-year-old girl was allegedly kidnapped and gang-raped by five men on July 30 in Haryana’s Punhana, the police said on Wednesday.

The police said that a case was registered on Monday, after the father of the girl lodged a complaint, alleging she was kidnapped and raped by five men belonging to their area. A medical examination was conducted and the girl’s statement was recorded under Section 164 of the CrPC at the Nuh court on Tuesday.

Kirshan Kumar, station house officer of Punhana police station, said that the girl had told her parents on Monday that on July 30, one of the suspects, who is acquainted with the girl, kidnapped her and took her to an isolated spot.

“The girl, in her statement, said the acquaintance had called two of his friends, who raped her and threatened her with a country made pistol, against disclosing the incident to anyone. Later, she said that more people gathered near the spot. She asked two other men passing by in a car to drop her home, but instead, they also raped her and left her on the outskirts of the village,” he said.

The father said he found the girl on July 31 near his old house and she was under trauma. She did not tell her parents about the incident, but following repeated requests from her mother, she revealed the ordeal, following which the parents approached Punhana police station on Monday. The police said no missing persons complaint had been filed, when the girl did not return home on July 30.


A former resident of Fort Wayne, Indiana and longtime resident of the Florida Keys, Brandt committed suicide in September 2004 after he stabbed his wife, Teresa "Teri" Brandt, and decapitated and severely mutilated his niece, Michelle Jones, by removing her heart. An investigation by the police concluded that Brandt hanged himself in Jones' garage after committing the murders. It later came to light that Brandt had shot his parents, fatally killing his pregnant mother, in 1971 when he was 13. His father survived. He spent one year at a psychiatric hospital before being released, and was never criminally charged. Because of this incident, and because of Brandt's efficiency in killing his wife and niece and his hidden obsession with human anatomy, investigators looked into the prospect that he had committed other murders since moving to Florida in 1973. The police have linked at least two homicides to Brandt.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Sep 13th, 2019 05:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
199th Post


Joined: Wed Sep 28th, 2011
Posts: 1080
BHOPAL: Four days after a 12-year-old Dalit girl was found beheaded close to her village in Sagar district, the police investigations have brought to the fore a ghastly saga, which is bound to send shivers down anyone’s spine.

The police probe has revealed that the girl that contrary to her family’s allegations, was not kidnapped and murdered by a Kurmi community family which had enmity with her kin over a land dispute.

Instead, it was her uncle and three real brothers (who had alleged the role of Kurmi family in the crime) who gang-raped and then beheaded the victim, before dumping her body close to her village.

Investigations based on grilling of the three arrested accused, including the deceased girl’s two brothers and uncle Banshilal, revealed that the girl wasn’t allowed to go to school on Wednesday, but was instead abducted by her eldest brother Ramlal and brought to uncle Banshilal’s house in the same Belakhedi village in Banda town of Sagar district.

She was first raped by eldest brother aged 22 years, after which two other siblings aged 19 and 17 years also raped her taking turns. Subsequently, uncle aged around 40 years also raped the minor. The autopsy report of the girl’s body has revealed that the accused also did an unnatural sexual act with her.

After being gang-raped by her three brothers and uncle, the 12-year-old was beheaded by the accused with a sickle, as she threatened to report the matter to the police.

Entire horror unfolded before the girl’s aunt, who didn’t save her niece but instead helped her husband and nephews in concocting a story to attempt false implication of another family from the same village in the crime.

Investigations have also revealed that the eldest of three brothers had raped sister in the past also and threatened to kill her if she made the matter public.

According to Sagar district police superintendent Amit Sanghi, three of the four accused, including the deceased girl’s uncle and her two brothers have been arrested, while raids are being conducted to nab the prime accused who is her eldest brother.

“We’ll also make the girl’s aunt accused in the case, as she helped the other accused in the crime,” said Sanghi.

The minor’s headless body was found close to Belakhedi village in Banda town of Sagar district at around 7 pm on Thursday, just around six-seven hours after her family reported that she had not returned from school since Wednesday.

One of the uMlazi teenagers accused of killing, beheading and cutting off the genitals of a 15-year-old, in an apparent revenge killing, could not explain why the teenager’s private parts were discovered at his home.

Testifying over the past two days in the Durban High Court, Simphiwe “Maviva” Ntshangase denied having anything to do with the murder of Phiwayinkosi “Macala” Mhlongo in April 2017.

Phiwayinkosi was allegedly abducted at gunpoint by the six accused, some of whom were known to his family.

His body was found near a stormwater drain close to his home in C Section, uMlazi, and his head at a school in F Section.

It is alleged that the teenagers had planned to murder Phiwayinkosi because they believed he had “sold out” Ntshangase’s brother to the police. Ntshangase’s brother was killed by a mob earlier last year as a result.

Ntshangase, Njabulo Mhlongo, Luyanda Zulu, Thulasizwe Nene, Njabulo Mbatha and Banele “Boy” Mhlongo are accused of murder and kidnapping.

State advocate Krishen Shah continued to grill Ntshangase yesterday on his version that he knew nothing about the murder and was not at the scene of the crime, but Phiwayinkosi’s penis and testicles were found in a glass vase in a plastic bag in his yard.

According to Shah, all the accused were found at Ntshangase’s home the morning after the incident, drinking alcohol. The vase, illegal revolvers, live ammunition and a bloody knife were found in the backyard where they had been sitting when the police arrived.

“Was it a coincidence that the private parts belonging to Mhlongo were found at your home? This is something unusual,” Shah said.

Ntshangase said it was possible the body parts were planted at his home because there had been a lot of people there since his brother’s funeral.

Shah told the court that the revolvers found by the police fit the description of firearms given by Phiwayinkosi’s sister, Angel, as those carried by her brother’s abductors.

“I am going to suggest to you that you are a liar. It’s not a coincidence that the firearms, the knife, the body parts and the handcuffs were found at your home in the backyard where the police found all of you drinking,” said Shah.

The trial continues.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 10:12 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14     
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Bizarre Cases of the missing and murdered Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems