WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Bitcoin  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Nov 27th, 2017 02:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
61st Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 43665
Status: 
Offline
Bitcoin price growth in days:

$0 - $1000: 1789 days
$1000- $2000: 1271 days
$2000- $3000: 23 days
$3000- $4000: 62 days
$4000- $5000: 61 days
$5000- $6000: 8 days
$6000- $7000: 13 days
$7000- $8000: 14 days
$8000- $9000: 9 days



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Nov 27th, 2017 04:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
62nd Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5564
Status: 
Offline
I have been studying investing for a few years now. It is basically what I do. I have devoted 40 hours a week towards investing and studying the markets. At this point, there is no doubt in my mind that this is a bubble. However, I also know that bubbles can continue to grow for a long time and it is hard to predict ahead of time when it will burst. I will say this - amazon doesn't accept bit coin. Walmart does not. It is not that easy to pay for something with a crypto currency although the use has grown.

I have an investment in a very tiny firm in Vancouver that promotes a payment app and is indirectly related to alt currencies. It has flown up over 600% in less than 3 months. My investment was small - 37 cent basis, 4000 shares. I have removed a 1000 shares now and have all my basis back plus an $800 profit. Still have 3000 shares. Even if it collapses, I wont feel too awful now.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Nov 27th, 2017 04:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
63rd Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 43665
Status: 
Offline
Ultimark wrote: I have been studying investing for a few years now. It is basically what I do. I have devoted 40 hours a week towards investing and studying the markets. At this point, there is no doubt in my mind that this is a bubble. However, I also know that bubbles can continue to grow for a long time and it is hard to predict ahead of time when it will burst. I will say this - amazon doesn't accept bit coin. Walmart does not. It is not that easy to pay for something with a crypto currency although the use has grown.

Don't forget that this is international and much bigger in countries with devalued currency, a dictatorial or communist government, a thriving black market for everyday goods, etc.  It's bigger than Walmart.  It's huge in Zimbabwe (has been worth over $10,000 there for months already), Venezuela, Estonia, etc.  There's a Bitcoin war in China right now as the government is trying to shut it down and struggling to do so.  America isn't a major market for something like this, we just look at everything from an American perspective.  Acceptance by major American companies will help of course, but we're already beyond that.  There are tons of people around the world who are using it to buy bread to feed their families. 

Last edited on Mon Nov 27th, 2017 04:58 pm by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Nov 27th, 2017 05:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
64th Post
Superstar



Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 4059
Status: 
Offline
Estonia sounds like a fake country where a devious masked wrestler would hail from back in 1986. Just saying.

And as far as the Bitcoin values across the world, you look at it this way: A lot of these countries' currency is almost valueless. When you can get a currency that will allow you to buy internationally from much stronger countries, you will try to get hold of it. I've been to Mexico, Canada, Jamaica, and the Dominican. Canada is the ONLY country where they have shown a preference to being paid in their own currency. Everywhere I've gone in Mexico, Jamaica, and the Dominican I've been quoted prices 100% of the time in USD and if I want to pay in their local currency they usually need to get a calculator to figure out how much I owe them, and they usually do not make change.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Nov 27th, 2017 05:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
65th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5564
Status: 
Offline
Superstar wrote: Estonia sounds like a fake country where a devious masked wrestler would hail from back in 1986. Just saying.

And as far as the Bitcoin values across the world, you look at it this way: A lot of these countries' currency is almost valueless. When you can get a currency that will allow you to buy internationally from much stronger countries, you will try to get hold of it. I've been to Mexico, Canada, Jamaica, and the Dominican. Canada is the ONLY country where they have shown a preference to being paid in their own currency. Everywhere I've gone in Mexico, Jamaica, and the Dominican I've been quoted prices 100% of the time in USD and if I want to pay in their local currency they usually need to get a calculator to figure out how much I owe them, and they usually do not make change.
I have had the same experience.  Even in Canada, they usually accept either CAD or USD.  

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Nov 27th, 2017 05:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
66th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5564
Status: 
Offline
When things shoot up this fast, no matter what it is, there is always a day of reckoning. Given my 3000 shares of GLNNF seem to be moving with the bit coin craze, I hope it continues for a while. If the next 3 months were like the last 3, the stock will be selling for about $15 a shares.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Nov 27th, 2017 07:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
67th Post
indikator



Joined: Fri Jan 23rd, 2009
Location: Bratenwender City, Germany
Posts: 2411
Status: 
Online
My understanding was that China was absolutely not opposed to Bitcoin as they use their surplus energy production for mining and getting in on the fun.



____________________
The Don Owen signature has been retired as the Dean Silverstone book made the point that he was an antisemite. I shall give you a Greatmuta1025 approved Hello Kitty picture instead.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Nov 27th, 2017 07:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
68th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 43665
Status: 
Offline
indikator wrote: My understanding was that China was absolutely not opposed to Bitcoin as they use their surplus energy production for mining and getting in on the fun.
They've been shutting down some exchanges and basically making ICOs in particular impossible.  What the government is doing is a different matter, but they're not making it easy on its citizens and entrepreneurs in the industry. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Nov 28th, 2017 05:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
69th Post
indikator



Joined: Fri Jan 23rd, 2009
Location: Bratenwender City, Germany
Posts: 2411
Status: 
Online
Would you apply that notion to the faction in different countries that wants to scrap or already has scrapped solar subsidies so that only their nuclear plants will receive subsidies? It's a slipperly slope sometimes.



____________________
The Don Owen signature has been retired as the Dean Silverstone book made the point that he was an antisemite. I shall give you a Greatmuta1025 approved Hello Kitty picture instead.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Nov 28th, 2017 12:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
70th Post
khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 14294
Status: 
Offline
Ultimark wrote: Superstar wrote: Estonia sounds like a fake country where a devious masked wrestler would hail from back in 1986. Just saying.

And as far as the Bitcoin values across the world, you look at it this way: A lot of these countries' currency is almost valueless. When you can get a currency that will allow you to buy internationally from much stronger countries, you will try to get hold of it. I've been to Mexico, Canada, Jamaica, and the Dominican. Canada is the ONLY country where they have shown a preference to being paid in their own currency. Everywhere I've gone in Mexico, Jamaica, and the Dominican I've been quoted prices 100% of the time in USD and if I want to pay in their local currency they usually need to get a calculator to figure out how much I owe them, and they usually do not make change.
I have had the same experience.  Even in Canada, they usually accept either CAD or USD.  

I've never seen a place here turn down American money although I am sure there are some. Thing is the exchange rate is usually lousy in a shop or store so you're better off converting to Canadian at the best rate possible before you come here.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Nov 28th, 2017 02:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
71st Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 43665
Status: 
Offline
khawk wrote: Ultimark wrote: Superstar wrote: Estonia sounds like a fake country where a devious masked wrestler would hail from back in 1986. Just saying.

And as far as the Bitcoin values across the world, you look at it this way: A lot of these countries' currency is almost valueless. When you can get a currency that will allow you to buy internationally from much stronger countries, you will try to get hold of it. I've been to Mexico, Canada, Jamaica, and the Dominican. Canada is the ONLY country where they have shown a preference to being paid in their own currency. Everywhere I've gone in Mexico, Jamaica, and the Dominican I've been quoted prices 100% of the time in USD and if I want to pay in their local currency they usually need to get a calculator to figure out how much I owe them, and they usually do not make change.
I have had the same experience.  Even in Canada, they usually accept either CAD or USD.  

I've never seen a place here turn down American money although I am sure there are some. Thing is the exchange rate is usually lousy in a shop or store so you're better off converting to Canadian at the best rate possible before you come here.


When I went to Montreal in 2009 I definitely needed to exchange my money for CAD.  Now maybe Montreal are the outliers because they barely consider themselves Canadian, but I always recall the story of walking into a nearly empty strip club at the height of the recession where there were 30 girls working and 3 customers and all eyes fell on us and I looked at my friend and said, 'Um, how does this work with coins?  Perhaps we should've researched this ahead of time."  The girls insisted that all Canadians use 5-dollar notes, making that a 500% mark-up from American strip clubs.  Oh, those shifty werkers.  I remember joking that I would just throw loonies at them and see who could catch them.  They were not amused, and I'm fairly certain that in 2017 that is now considered sexual assault and ends my budding career in both Hollywood and politics.   

When I crossed the Niagara Falls border a few years back, obviously I used USD but I got all my change back in CAD and never bothered to exchange it.

Last edited on Tue Nov 28th, 2017 02:32 pm by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Nov 28th, 2017 03:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
72nd Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 43665
Status: 
Offline
Bitcoin briefly hit $10,000 a little while ago, although it quickly fell back to $9,800.  But still, another new all-time high.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Nov 28th, 2017 04:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
73rd Post
khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 14294
Status: 
Offline
Montreal doesn't count. lol

It depends on the club. Some will accept loonies and the girls will try to pick them up with their tits while you hold it in your mouth. But lapdances have risen in price a lot in the last several years, think it's ten a pop now.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Nov 28th, 2017 04:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
74th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 43665
Status: 
Offline
khawk wrote: Montreal doesn't count. lol

It depends on the club. Some will accept loonies and the girls will try to pick them up with their tits while you hold it in your mouth. But lapdances have risen in price a lot in the last several years, think it's ten a pop now.

The lapdances are the least of it, at some upscale places in NYC it's easily $20 a song now, not that I go much these days.  I'm talking about what they were looking for to just prance around on stage.  I'm not sure how you slip a loonie between tits like you do a dollar, but I'm sure with experience I could figure it out.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Nov 28th, 2017 04:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
75th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5564
Status: 
Offline
Having ample experience in Montreal strip clubs from about 2003 to 2007, I can attest that it is possible. I will keep the details to myself.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 05:10 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Bitcoin Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems