WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Graham-Cassidy repeal plan

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Graham-Cassidy repeal plan  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Sep 23rd, 2017 10:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
46th Post
BlueThunder



Joined: Mon Jun 6th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 1861
Status: 
Offline
Ultimark wrote: BTW - currently paying $1688 a month for my family of 4 for what amounts to shitty coverage. $2500 individual deductible and $5,000 family. So, please spare me the bullshit on how great Ocare is. I just know this solution from this particular band of morons will only though fuel on the fire.

But think of the poor people who are allergic to hard work. They pay very little to nothing for care that's just as good as yours. You don't want to throw them off, do you?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Sep 23rd, 2017 10:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
47th Post
BlueThunder



Joined: Mon Jun 6th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 1861
Status: 
Offline
KGB wrote: ...aaaannnd once again John "The Maverick" McCain will white knight for the Democrats. *Golf clap*

I imagine with you living in NY and me in IL, the coverage won't be much different than Obama care, so I'm not really that pissed at the senile fuck. I was livid in the summer when he killed the bill. Seriously, this decrepit needs to go one way or another. I always hated him. I could proudly say that I never voted for him when he ran for president. I went third party in 08.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Sep 25th, 2017 01:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
48th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5162
Status: 
Offline
BlueThunder wrote: Ultimark wrote: BTW - currently paying $1688 a month for my family of 4 for what amounts to shitty coverage. $2500 individual deductible and $5,000 family. So, please spare me the bullshit on how great Ocare is. I just know this solution from this particular band of morons will only though fuel on the fire.

But think of the poor people who are allergic to hard work. They pay very little to nothing for care that's just as good as yours. You don't want to throw them off, do you?
The irony is that we would be throwing the rural voters who voted for Trump off in greater percentages than anyone else.  That is who benefited from expanded Medicaid.  The inner city people already qualified. 
So, yea.  Let's throw the stupid shits off. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Sep 25th, 2017 07:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
49th Post
broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 2663
Status: 
Offline
Anything that results in less Americans isn't really a bad idea.



____________________
Comic Saaaaaannnsss
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Sep 26th, 2017 01:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
50th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 42956
Status: 
Offline
Susan Collins, Republican from Maine, announced last night that she would join the "no" votes because of the cuts to Medicaid and uninsuring those with pre-existing conditions, effectively killing this bill by making it mathematically impossible to pass.  Back to the drawing board.

Last edited on Tue Sep 26th, 2017 01:33 pm by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Sep 26th, 2017 02:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
51st Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5162
Status: 
Offline
double post

Last edited on Tue Sep 26th, 2017 02:17 pm by Ultimark

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Sep 26th, 2017 02:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
52nd Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5162
Status: 
Offline
The truth is that there were probably a dozen R Senators who didn't want to vote for it because (in their views) it either took too much away or didn't provide enough choice and customization (and preserved covering pre existing conditions). They were just waiting for others to take the bullet. Collins can do that being from Maine. McCain is dying so he won't give Trump a win if he can help it. I actually respect Paul on this because he is sticking to his position. He has some very good ideas on this topic (not all of them are good but some are) and should be listened to more.

If one or 2 of them had caved, a couple more would have replaced them. The best thing that could happen to R's long term is for this not to pass. It would crush the rural voters who put Trump in office. They don't realize that of course.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Sep 26th, 2017 02:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
53rd Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 42956
Status: 
Offline
Ultimark wrote: If one or 2 of them had caved, a couple more would have replaced them. The best thing that could happen to R's long term is for this not to pass. It would crush the rural voters who put Trump in office. They don't realize that of course.
They realize it.  Trump doesn't, but the adults do.  Trump supporters are mostly welfare queens, which is why everything they say is so amazingly ironic.  At least Obama supporters embraced being welfare queens.  I'm not sure if being a proud mooch is better or worse than being a delusional one actually, but that's the difference between the two sides.  One has no shame in taking from taxpayers, the other takes just as much and insist that they don't.

Trump supporters are in such a deep state of denial, they think they're the superior race despite the fact that they need Trump to thin out the "competition".  Real superior.  Who should we hire for this great under-the-table below minimum wage job: Paco who is illiterate and doesn't speak English or Billy Bob over here who almost shot off his dick during the interview?  Tough one, but let's go with Paco.  But hey, Billy Bob's white so I'm sure he'll land on his feet and be CEO of a Fortune 500 company in no time, once Trump deports the illegals. 

Last edited on Tue Sep 26th, 2017 02:34 pm by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Sep 26th, 2017 02:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
54th Post
DaNkinator



Joined: Tue Oct 23rd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 5931
Status: 
Offline
Ultimark wrote:  I actually respect Paul on this because he is sticking to his position. He has some very good ideas on this topic (not all of them are good but some are) and should be listened to more.
Let's talk about those ideas here. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Sep 26th, 2017 02:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
55th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 42956
Status: 
Offline
DaNkinator wrote: Ultimark wrote:  I actually respect Paul on this because he is sticking to his position. He has some very good ideas on this topic (not all of them are good but some are) and should be listened to more.
Let's talk about those ideas here. 

http://rare.us/rare-politics/rand-paul-has-an-idea-for-affordable-health-care-that-will-also-cover-pre-existing-conditions-if-the-idiots-in-washington-would-just-listen/



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Sep 26th, 2017 02:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
56th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5162
Status: 
Offline
DaNkinator wrote: Ultimark wrote:  I actually respect Paul on this because he is sticking to his position. He has some very good ideas on this topic (not all of them are good but some are) and should be listened to more.
Let's talk about those ideas here. 
The one I really like is to allow groups and associations - take the AICPA as an example to have their members band together and buy as a group.  In this case it would be accountants that have LLC's and are small businesses.  Right now, they have to buy on the individual market - with zero leverage.  Also, buying across state lines does make sense and would increase competition.  He is also for tort reform which makes complete sense.  Where I disagree with him is on the very bottom - very few protections for people.  I also think he doesn't want pre-existing conditions covered.  This is a hard topic and I think a solution has not been found.  It isn't really insurance if there is 100% certainty of loss.  However, I also understand the other side of this - a bad break shouldn't destroy a person forever.  
I think all this merits more discussion. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Sep 26th, 2017 02:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
57th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5162
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: DaNkinator wrote: Ultimark wrote:  I actually respect Paul on this because he is sticking to his position. He has some very good ideas on this topic (not all of them are good but some are) and should be listened to more.
Let's talk about those ideas here. 

http://rare.us/rare-politics/rand-paul-has-an-idea-for-affordable-health-care-that-will-also-cover-pre-existing-conditions-if-the-idiots-in-washington-would-just-listen/
Thanks - didn't know this.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Sep 26th, 2017 03:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
58th Post
DaNkinator



Joined: Tue Oct 23rd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 5931
Status: 
Offline
Ultimark wrote: DaNkinator wrote: Ultimark wrote:  I actually respect Paul on this because he is sticking to his position. He has some very good ideas on this topic (not all of them are good but some are) and should be listened to more.
Let's talk about those ideas here. 
The one I really like is to allow groups and associations - take the AICPA as an example to have their members band together and buy as a group.  In this case it would be accountants that have LLC's and are small businesses.  Right now, they have to buy on the individual market - with zero leverage.  Also, buying across state lines does make sense and would increase competition.  He is also for tort reform which makes complete sense.  Where I disagree with him is on the very bottom - very few protections for people.  I also think he doesn't want pre-existing conditions covered.  This is a hard topic and I think a solution has not been found.  It isn't really insurance if there is 100% certainty of loss.  However, I also understand the other side of this - a bad break shouldn't destroy a person forever.  
I think all this merits more discussion.

Agreed.

And yes, thanks rossi.  Good stuff.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Sep 26th, 2017 03:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
59th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5162
Status: 
Offline
That doesn't really address pre-existing conditions. It just shifts the onus to associations. That really isn't a solution. It is a shuffling of the deck chairs which Rand hates otherwise. Again, I don't know that there is an easy solution to be honest. Further, getting "rid of those with pre-existing conditions" in any scheme is now virtually impossible.
Again, he has good ideas.  This just isn't one of them because I don't see a real solution. 

Last edited on Tue Sep 26th, 2017 03:11 pm by Ultimark

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Sep 26th, 2017 07:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
60th Post
DaNkinator



Joined: Tue Oct 23rd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 5931
Status: 
Offline
Well, it's dead. McConnell announced about an hour ago that they won't even vote on it.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 05:11 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Graham-Cassidy repeal plan Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems