WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Flynn flips  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Dec 5th, 2017 03:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
46th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5564
Status: 
Offline
Supporting Pedo's is the in thing1.

But whatabpoutclinton?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Dec 5th, 2017 04:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
47th Post
DaNkinator



Joined: Tue Oct 23rd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 5976
Status: 
Offline
I'll hark back to what srossi has been preaching since Jan.

As bad as this all is, the one benefit is that his ability to have any real legislative change is next to nothing.

That could change with this tax reform bill, where they are trying to sneak in tons of non-related stuff. They're willing to roll with both Trump and hope for a child molester in office as long as they can give their donors a tax break.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Dec 5th, 2017 04:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
48th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 43665
Status: 
Offline
DaNkinator wrote: I'll hark back to what srossi has been preaching since Jan.

As bad as this all is, the one benefit is that his ability to have any real legislative change is next to nothing.

That could change with this tax reform bill, where they are trying to sneak in tons of non-related stuff. They're willing to roll with both Trump and hope for a child molester in office as long as they can give their donors a tax break.

On the tax bill that everyone is freaking about, things don't seem to get bad until well into the 2020s.  It actually is pretty decent for the middle class for the next few years, from what I can gather (and everyone is so biased that basic math becomes convoluted).  Even if it passes does anyone think this will survive unchanged that long?  And I'm sorry, the corporate tax rate needed to be lowered, it went from an absolutely obscene level to middle-of-the-pack and competitive with (but not lower than) most of the rest of the developed world, including the European countries that people like Bernie Sanders and Michael Moore love so much.

As best I can tell, my taxes will decrease but that will mostly be offset by the fact that we're losing deductions (my wife is a teacher and he decided to target that specifically it seems because he's such a swell guy).  We'll break even or come out slightly ahead over the next 4 years I think.  Of course we're in a higher tax bracket than some, but everything I've heard is that it will be that way for most most of the lower tax brackets as well.  It's hard to get straight answers because Democrats can't speak coherently about this without foaming at the mouth and Republicans have moved into a dream world that no one else has ever visited.  Maybe it's Matt Hardy's Broken Universe. 

The more immediate concern is the cutting of taxes and with the increase of spending, this ridiculous deficit that Republicans only care about when a Democrat is in power.    

Last edited on Tue Dec 5th, 2017 04:12 pm by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Dec 5th, 2017 04:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
49th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5564
Status: 
Offline
I would tell you that I believe our corp tax rate is too high. However, they could have funded the decrease differently. Actually, Bannon's idea was to raise rates on wealthy individuals. The GOP wouldn't go with that.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Dec 5th, 2017 04:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
50th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5564
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: DaNkinator wrote: I'll hark back to what srossi has been preaching since Jan.

As bad as this all is, the one benefit is that his ability to have any real legislative change is next to nothing.

That could change with this tax reform bill, where they are trying to sneak in tons of non-related stuff. They're willing to roll with both Trump and hope for a child molester in office as long as they can give their donors a tax break.

On the tax bill that everyone is freaking about, things don't seem to get bad until well into the 2020s.  It actually is pretty decent for the middle class for the next few years, from what I can gather (and everyone is so biased that basic math becomes convoluted).  Even if it passes does anyone think this will survive unchanged that long?  And I'm sorry, the corporate tax rate needed to be lowered, it went from an absolutely obscene level to middle-of-the-pack and competitive with (but not lower than) most of the rest of the developed world, including the European countries that people like Bernie Sanders and Michael Moore love so much.

As best I can tell, my taxes will decrease but that will mostly be offset by the fact that we're losing deductions (my wife is a teacher and he decided to target that specifically it seems because he's such a swell guy).  We'll break even or come out slightly ahead over the next 4 years I think.  Of course we're in a higher tax bracket than some, but everything I've heard is that it will be that way for most most of the lower tax brackets as well.  It's hard to get straight answers because Democrats can't speak coherently about this without foaming at the mouth and Republicans have moved into a dream world that no one else has ever visited.  Maybe it's Matt Hardy's Broken Universe. 

The more immediate concern is the cutting of taxes and with the increase of spending, this ridiculous deficit that Republicans only care about when a Democrat is in power.    
Right.  I will now, and forever, laugh at any R who expresses concern over the deficit.  It has been a work all along.  Even from the so called Freedom Caucus. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Dec 5th, 2017 05:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
51st Post
BlueThunder



Joined: Mon Jun 6th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 1916
Status: 
Offline
DaNkinator wrote: BlueThunder wrote: Trump isn't running. It's a publicity stunt- WrongTrump is dead in the water after his speech on Illegals being rapists-WrongTrump will drop out of the primaries- Wrong Trump will tank after the John McCain dig-Wrong
Trump won't win the nomination- Wrong
Trump is finished after the argument with Gold Star Father- Wrong
Trump is truly done after Hollywood access tape- Wrong
Trump will lose in a landslide-Wrong
Trump will lose after the recount- Wrong
The electors will break from tradition- Wrong
Trump will be impeached within two weeks-Wrong
The stock market will tank and lead to a global recession-Wrong
Donnie Jrs meeting with Russia will finish Trump- Wrong


See a pattern here?

So see, being morally bankrupt is the conservative/christian GOP platform.  Never again can you and your ilk claim you're moral.  At all.  You're ok with the lying and all of the proof out there that he's not in this to help anyone other than himself and his brand.

I don't recall anyone with credibility claiming that he'd be impeached within two weeks.  Most experts who followed the story and all of it's intricacies said that it could be at least a year or more.  So, if looking at it from that point of view, things are on schedule.

I don't know that he'll be impeached, I don't trust this GOP lead congress to do anything that will put their own jobs at risk.   But I do think he'll be voted out.  I've said all along, we'll wait and see.  And we have a bit to go before we know for sure.  


Where in my above post did I promote lying and immorality to get ahead? If you're referring to Roy Moore, please show me his arrest records. I'm sorry, but I don't want to live in a country where accusations ruins people's lives. I want more proof than some questionable autographed yearbook that Gloria Allred won't release. I want to see incriminating text messages, love letters, or hear an odd voice mail. I have two sons to worry about and I don't want them living in this witch hunt atmosphere.

So you think he's going to get voted out? I'm a Trump supporter, and I'm not even going to make a prediction on 2020. As you should know, a President is only as good as his last year. If the election was held in 1991, Clinton wouldn't have stood a chance. Romney probably would have beaten Obama in 2011, but the increase in jobs in the last year save him. If he follows up with his promise of a stimulus infrastructure bill and puts people back to work, why shouldn't he be re-elected? Trust me, if the stock market is still red hot, unemployment falls even lower, and he topples North Korea, he will win.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Dec 5th, 2017 05:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
52nd Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5564
Status: 
Offline
Oh, I see. Now, you want conclusive proof. He's a PEDO imo and I highly doubt that is a stretch.

Agree on Clinton fwiw. He was full of shit then and the press covered up for him. He and Trump share that in common. Both now make claims that simple recordings are fake while neither one was.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Dec 5th, 2017 05:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
53rd Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5564
Status: 
Offline
Of course, Clinton admitted to the lie (Gennifer Flowers tape) under oath while Trump now tries to say his was a fake a year and 3 months AFTER admitting to it as locker room banter. He either thinks you are stupid or he has diminished capacity.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Dec 5th, 2017 05:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
54th Post
BlueThunder



Joined: Mon Jun 6th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 1916
Status: 
Offline
Ultimark wrote: Oh, I see. Now, you want conclusive proof. He's a PEDO imo and I highly doubt that is a stretch.

Agree on Clinton fwiw. He was full of shit then and the press covered up for him. He and Trump share that in common. Both now make claims that simple recordings are fake while neither one was.


For something this damaging, yeah, I want conclusive proof. There's conclusive proof on Franken. I'd say settling out of court like O'Reily and Conyers constitutes conclusive proof.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Dec 5th, 2017 05:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
55th Post
Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 6147
Status: 
Offline
It'll be interesting to see what happens with Midterm elections. If there is a shift with the house or Senate, then what? Turns into non stop obstruction again? As far as taxes go, I can look next door to Kansas and see what a fucking disaster the Corporate Tax cuts were, and now as a result, everyone's taxes went up to make up for all the lost anticipated revenue.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Dec 5th, 2017 06:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
56th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5564
Status: 
Offline
Princ - I expect the D's have a very good chance at the House. The Senate is another matter. I think the D's lose in MO and IN while winning in AZ and NV. Could be a wash.

In the House, if you look at the CD's in play, it really is those districts that skew more to the highly educated. They are the one's who are responsible for Trump's approval number going from 45 to 38. Cook has 61 CD's in play though it would be very difficult for the D's to win them all. Seems like the high 30's is most likely. Even if they don't win, it is extremely likely that any majority for the R's will be slim.

The implications are that no pol can hide. That is what they do now (on both sides). They are allowed to vote the other way because there is a cushion. That won't exist anymore. Look no further than Susan Collins in ME. They had to have her vote. She probably sacrificed herself in 2020.

It is interesting to watch.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Dec 5th, 2017 06:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
57th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5564
Status: 
Offline
BT - I assume you were OK with Barton leaving since he was caught on tape?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Dec 5th, 2017 06:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
58th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 43665
Status: 
Offline
BlueThunder wrote: Ultimark wrote: Oh, I see. Now, you want conclusive proof. He's a PEDO imo and I highly doubt that is a stretch.

Agree on Clinton fwiw. He was full of shit then and the press covered up for him. He and Trump share that in common. Both now make claims that simple recordings are fake while neither one was.


For something this damaging, yeah, I want conclusive proof. There's conclusive proof on Franken. I'd say settling out of court like O'Reily and Conyers constitutes conclusive proof.

Well he did admit that he was first attracted to his wife when she was 15.  Personally I don't give a shit and that doesn't make him a pedo (that's a specific mental disorder where you're attracted to pre-pubescent girls).  Being attracted to teens just makes you kinda creepy in this day and age and if you act on it it's highly illegal.  The age of consent needs to be standardized throughout the country to somewhere between 14-16 (including sexting) because right now it varies so greatly in each state and way too many people are getting jammed up because of it (and I don't mean old geezers like Moore, I'm more concerned with 19 year olds, but whatever, if a teen wants to consentually do something with Moore then that's between her and her daddy issues and I don't want the criminal justice system involved).   But I think common sense dictates that he likes teens.  There's reports of cops kicking him out of a mall for flirting with teens.  There's tons of anecdotal evidence and conclusive proof is only required in a criminal case, not in the court of public opinion where you can put 2 and 2 together.  Moore likes teen girls.  There's no doubt about that.  If you're OK with that, just say it.  Whether or not he tried to rape that girl in the car requires more proof, but I saw her statement and she was 100% credible and I personally believe it.  To put him in jail requires more proof and if you don't want to believe that then don't.  That has nothing to do with whether someone like him is fit to hold office.  Just know that he's going to pop a boner around your daughter, without a doubt, and if you're OK with that then put his bumper sticker on your car proudly.

Last edited on Tue Dec 5th, 2017 06:25 pm by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Dec 5th, 2017 06:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
59th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5564
Status: 
Offline
I also said on day 1 of Franken that he should resign.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Dec 5th, 2017 06:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
60th Post
DaNkinator



Joined: Tue Oct 23rd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 5976
Status: 
Offline
Ultimark wrote: Oh, I see. Now, you want conclusive proof. He's a PEDO imo and I highly doubt that is a stretch.

Right?! Now you want conclusive proof.

All of the evidence (of which even more was released today) isn't enough for him. 

That story was vetted for months before it was released.  Nothing, not one thing, has he brought forth to disprove any of it.   But BT still feels it isn't enough.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 05:11 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Flynn flips Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems