WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Black unemployment drops at a 17 year low

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Black unemployment drops at a 17 year low  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Dec 19th, 2017 08:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
BlueThunder



Joined: Mon Jun 6th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 2035
Status: 
Offline
http://abcnews.go.com/amp/Business/wireStory/african-american-unemployment-rate-falls-17-year-low-50334356

Yeah, that Obama economy has magically kicked in months after he left office.
Edit: The Latino unemployment rate is the lowest it's been since 1975. That was the only data I was able to find.

Last edited on Tue Dec 19th, 2017 08:42 pm by BlueThunder

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Dec 19th, 2017 08:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Married Jo



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 6536
Status: 
Offline



____________________
Well, Im of the opinion that one wouldnt actually have to eat the corn out of Chynas shit to know that nothing good could come of it. - Portalesman
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Dec 19th, 2017 09:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Blazer



Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 5237
Status: 
Offline
Aren't these numbers manipulated so much that it's really, really difficult to compare apples to apples from 2007 to 2017 though? So many people have left the work force since then or are working jobs below their skill sets.



____________________
"Well, maybe I like the nightlife just a little bit more than I like the damn gym, jack! And when you're makin' $500,000 a year, there ain't no reason to change what you're doing." - Dusty Rhodes, 1/4/1986
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Dec 19th, 2017 09:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 14938
Status: 
Offline
BlueThunder wrote: The Latino unemployment rate is the lowest it's been since 1975. That was the only data I was able to find.
Is that because they all left the country before Trump had them arrested? :tongue:



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Dec 19th, 2017 09:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
BlueThunder



Joined: Mon Jun 6th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 2035
Status: 
Offline
Blazer wrote: Aren't these numbers manipulated so much that it's really, really difficult to compare apples to apples from 2007 to 2017 though? So many people have left the work force since then or are working jobs below their skill sets.

The unemployment numbers certainly aren't accurate because when people abandon looking for a job, they're not counted as unemployed. I don't believe that's the case. Nearly two million jobs were added since January. A portion of these jobs were in the manufacturing sector. These are the jobs "experts" said were gone forever. Also, over a million people have gotten off food stamps. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Dec 19th, 2017 09:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
BlueThunder



Joined: Mon Jun 6th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 2035
Status: 
Offline
khawk wrote: BlueThunder wrote: The Latino unemployment rate is the lowest it's been since 1975. That was the only data I was able to find.
Is that because they all left the country before Trump had them arrested? :tongue:


Didn't they end up in Canada, or where those the Somalians? I'd like to think that most sensible Canadians must hate Trump for rejecting Somalians and these other advanced groups who have blessed us with so much economic and cultural vibrancy. I imagine they're swarming Canada, seeing King Cuck is more than willing to bring in these Trump rejects.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Dec 19th, 2017 09:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 2974
Status: 
Offline
Tends to happen when the police kill enough of em, amirite?

;)



____________________
Comic Saaaaaannnsss
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Dec 20th, 2017 02:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 6458
Status: 
Offline
Canadian unemployment in the USA is still 0.0002%. The only unemployed Canadian down here is Jim Carrey. But that's more to do with the fact that the only thing we care about is stealing jobs from Americans.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Dec 20th, 2017 02:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6349
Status: 
Offline
Asked an economist about this who happens to be my next door neighbor. He says the stat is correct but is misleading:

1. The real driver is demographics.
2. The baby boomers have begun to retire in droves.
3. They are not counted as being unemployed.
4. The labor force participation % is low.
5. Black and Latino UE has indeed dropped. So has white UE. The proportions are basically still the same.
6. Due to all the retirements, the labor market has gotten much tighter. Especially for skilled labor and college educated. Unskilled labor is still struggling.
7. He expects wage inflation to pick up this year.
8. Thinks we could be near the top (or is it bottom) in regards to the UE.
9. He prefers the U6 to the U3 fwiw.

The key for me is will the GDP grow enough to begin to take down the deficit which was already increasing again before this latest bill? Probably need 3.5 to 4%. My neighbor thinks that is unlikely. He is clearly a liberal so his bias is probably negative.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Dec 20th, 2017 02:38 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 39466
Status: 
Offline
I have said it before and I'll do it again.
The seasonality adjustment on the numbers amazes me.
Every December there is 'great' unemployment numbers.
Every January it bounces back up again.
Somehow they don't compare year over year correctly. Ever.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Dec 20th, 2017 06:58 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Big Garea Fan

 

Joined: Wed Mar 4th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 2447
Status: 
Offline
BlueThunder wrote: Blazer wrote: Aren't these numbers manipulated so much that it's really, really difficult to compare apples to apples from 2007 to 2017 though? So many people have left the work force since then or are working jobs below their skill sets.

The unemployment numbers certainly aren't accurate because when people abandon looking for a job, they're not counted as unemployed. I don't believe that's the case. Nearly two million jobs were added since January. A portion of these jobs were in the manufacturing sector. These are the jobs "experts" said were gone forever. Also, over a million people have gotten off food stamps.

Do unemployment figures only look at full-time jobs? Or do part-time jobs count as employment? So if an employer converts 100 full-time jobs into 200 part-time jobs (to screw the employees out of full-time benefits), would that count as creating 100 new jobs?


Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Dec 20th, 2017 07:43 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
BlueThunder



Joined: Mon Jun 6th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 2035
Status: 
Offline
Big Garea Fan wrote: BlueThunder wrote: Blazer wrote: Aren't these numbers manipulated so much that it's really, really difficult to compare apples to apples from 2007 to 2017 though? So many people have left the work force since then or are working jobs below their skill sets.

The unemployment numbers certainly aren't accurate because when people abandon looking for a job, they're not counted as unemployed. I don't believe that's the case. Nearly two million jobs were added since January. A portion of these jobs were in the manufacturing sector. These are the jobs "experts" said were gone forever. Also, over a million people have gotten off food stamps.

Do unemployment figures only look at full-time jobs? Or do part-time jobs count as employment? So if an employer converts 100 full-time jobs into 200 part-time jobs (to screw the employees out of full-time benefits), would that count as creating 100 new jobs?




If I'm not mistaken, any job is included with stats. Obama was credited with creating millions of jobs on his watch, which is factually correct. The fact that the GDP never went above 3% shows that the jobs that were created were probably part time in the service industry.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Dec 20th, 2017 03:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 14938
Status: 
Offline
BlueThunder wrote:

Didn't they end up in Canada, or where those the Somalians?

Not sure, I'll ask my neighbor Apne when he gets home from his shift driving hack.
I have to be careful not so startle him in case he's cleaning those assault rifles of his again...:)



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Dec 20th, 2017 03:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
carlton st

 

Joined: Sat Oct 27th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1195
Status: 
Offline
BlueThunder wrote: khawk wrote: BlueThunder wrote: The Latino unemployment rate is the lowest it's been since 1975. That was the only data I was able to find.
Is that because they all left the country before Trump had them arrested? :tongue:


Didn't they end up in Canada, or where those the Somalians? I'd like to think that most sensible Canadians must hate Trump for rejecting Somalians and these other advanced groups who have blessed us with so much economic and cultural vibrancy. I imagine they're swarming Canada, seeing King Cuck is more than willing to bring in these Trump rejects.

nah we just don't hate anything that isn't white, we also don't shoot anything that moves, and while our exalted leader isn't exactly Churchill. at least the ladies like him and he probably won't blow up the world :tongue:



____________________


Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Dec 20th, 2017 04:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 14938
Status: 
Offline
He does like to spend money though. If he was my wife I'd be cutting his credit card off.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 09:36 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Black unemployment drops at a 17 year low Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems