WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  3  4  5  6  7  8   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Florida School Shooting  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Feb 24th, 2018 08:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
106th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6118
Status: 
Offline
As for the officers who did not act, that is a disgrace but goes back to training or lack of proper training. Let's also recall in Dallas, they ran towards the bullets when people were being killed.

So, we think teachers being armed will be the answer? I listed my concerns on another thread. I know the training it takes to be able to handle a situation like this and I can tell you that about .001% of teachers' would ever reach the point where they would be capable of handling this type of event.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Feb 26th, 2018 11:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
107th Post
Kriss



Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 5714
Status: 
Offline
Ultimark wrote: As for the officers who did not act, that is a disgrace but goes back to training or lack of proper training. Let's also recall in Dallas, they ran towards the bullets when people were being killed.

So, we think teachers being armed will be the answer? I listed my concerns on another thread. I know the training it takes to be able to handle a situation like this and I can tell you that about .001% of teachers' would ever reach the point where they would be capable of handling this type of event.


Trump called them all out today. He's called them "cowards" and "disgusting". He said thinks he would have run into the building, even if he didn't have a gun, just like he was on the first plane to Vietnam.

One of these four deputies is gonna kill themselves if this public persecution by their president carries on.



____________________
https://www.facebook.com/AmarilloWrestling
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Feb 26th, 2018 11:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
108th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6118
Status: 
Offline
Kriss wrote: Ultimark wrote: As for the officers who did not act, that is a disgrace but goes back to training or lack of proper training. Let's also recall in Dallas, they ran towards the bullets when people were being killed.

So, we think teachers being armed will be the answer? I listed my concerns on another thread. I know the training it takes to be able to handle a situation like this and I can tell you that about .001% of teachers' would ever reach the point where they would be capable of handling this type of event.


Trump called them all out today. He's called them "cowards" and "disgusting". He said thinks he would have run into the building, even if he didn't have a gun, just like he was on the first plane to Vietnam.

One of these four deputies is gonna kill themselves if this public persecution by their president carries on.
You mean the chicken shit who got out of the Vietnam draft because of bad feet?  Seems like he is projecting to me. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Feb 27th, 2018 12:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
109th Post
srossi
Mr Monday Night!
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 45452
Status: 
Offline
Kriss wrote: One of these four deputies is gonna kill themselves if this public persecution by their president carries on.
So you're saying that finally Trump would've accomplished something good then.  If he can get this Scott Israel clown in particular to kill himself, even I might vote for him next time.

Last edited on Tue Feb 27th, 2018 12:12 am by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Feb 27th, 2018 12:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
110th Post
srossi
Mr Monday Night!
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 45452
Status: 
Offline
Ultimark wrote: Kriss wrote: Ultimark wrote: As for the officers who did not act, that is a disgrace but goes back to training or lack of proper training. Let's also recall in Dallas, they ran towards the bullets when people were being killed.

So, we think teachers being armed will be the answer? I listed my concerns on another thread. I know the training it takes to be able to handle a situation like this and I can tell you that about .001% of teachers' would ever reach the point where they would be capable of handling this type of event.


Trump called them all out today. He's called them "cowards" and "disgusting". He said thinks he would have run into the building, even if he didn't have a gun, just like he was on the first plane to Vietnam.

One of these four deputies is gonna kill themselves if this public persecution by their president carries on.
You mean the chicken shit who got out of the Vietnam draft because of bad feet?  Seems like he is projecting to me. 

Trump seems to forget that he went on Howard Stern 115 times over the years and said a lot of things in his past life that he doesn't want out now.  Here's the time that Rambo Trump ran away in disgust at a guy who needed help and was bleeding from the head.

Daily Beast:

"I’m not good for medical. In other words, if you cut your finger and there’s blood pouring out, I’m gone,” he told Stern.

The former reality-TV host then shares a story with Stern about the time he thought a man died in front of him during a charity event at his Palm Beach club Mar-a-Lago and, rather than helping the injured man, Trump turned away in disgust at the sight of his blood.

“I was at Mar-a-Lago and we had this incredible ball, the Red Cross Ball, in Palm Beach, Florida. And we had the Marines. And the Marines were there, and it was terrible because all these rich people, they’re there to support the Marines, but they’re really there to get their picture in the Palm Beach Post… so you have all these really rich people, and a man, about 80 years old—very wealthy man, a lot of people didn’t like him—he fell off the stage,” said Trump.

Trump proceeds to explain that it was a $100,000-per-table fundraiser filled with deep-pocketed billionaires, and that the Marines were—for whatever reason—given tables in the very back of the ballroom (“the worst table in the whole place”). Oh, and that he was more preoccupied with his ballroom’s pristine marble floor than the octogenarian bleeding out on it.

“So what happens is, this guy falls off right on his face, hits his head, and I thought he died. And you know what I did? I said, ‘Oh my God, that’s disgusting,’ and I turned away,” said Trump. “I couldn’t, you know, he was right in front of me and I turned away. I didn’t want to touch him… he’s bleeding all over the place, I felt terrible. You know, beautiful marble floor, didn’t look like it. It changed color. Became very red. And you have this poor guy, 80 years old, laying on the floor unconscious, and all the rich people are turning away. ‘Oh my God! This is terrible! This is disgusting!’ and you know, they’re turning away. Nobody wants to help the guy. His wife is screaming—she’s sitting right next to him, and she’s screaming.”

Thank God for the Marines. “What happens is, these 10 Marines from the back of the room… they come running forward, they grab him, they put the blood all over the place—it’s all over their uniforms—they’re taking it, they’re swiping [it], they ran him out, they created a stretcher. They call it a human stretcher, where they put their arms out with, like, five guys on each side,” shared Trump.

“I was saying, ‘Get that blood cleaned up! It’s disgusting!’ The next day, I forgot to call [the man] to say he’s OK,” said Trump, adding of the blood, “It’s just not my thing.”

Last edited on Tue Feb 27th, 2018 12:26 am by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Mar 1st, 2018 06:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
111th Post
broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 2870
Status: 
Offline
And now Trumps coming fo' yo guns y'all



____________________
Comic Saaaaaannnsss
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Mar 1st, 2018 07:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
112th Post
Kriss



Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 5714
Status: 
Offline
broke wrote: And now Trumps coming fo' yo guns y'all

Trump giveth and Trump taketh away...

"Many ideas, some good & some not so good, emerged from our bipartisan meeting on school safety yesterday at the White House. Background Checks a big part of conversation. Gun free zones are proven targets of killers. After many years, a Bill should emerge. Respect 2nd Amendment!"



____________________
https://www.facebook.com/AmarilloWrestling
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Mar 9th, 2018 11:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
113th Post
KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 857
Status: 
Online
Roundly vilified for not entering a Parkland high school during a mass shooting, Broward Deputy Scot Peterson insisted publicly that he believed that gunfire was happening outside on campus — not inside the building.

But internal radio dispatches released by the Broward Sheriff’s Office Thursday show Peterson immediately fixated on Building 12 and even radioed that gunfire was happening “inside.”

And, just as school shooter Nikolas Cruz was fleeing the building after killing 17 people, Peterson warned his fellow officers to stay away — even as wounded students and staff lay inside.

BSO policy calls for deputies to engage an active shooter and eliminate the threat.

“Do not approach the 12 or 1300 building, stay at least 500 feet away,” a panicked Peterson shouted as people screamed in the background.


http://amp.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article204226584.html

Clearly the answer is for everyone to give up their guns and put their trust in these brave, upstanding men and women.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Mar 10th, 2018 12:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
114th Post
srossi
Mr Monday Night!
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 45452
Status: 
Offline
KGB wrote: Roundly vilified for not entering a Parkland high school during a mass shooting, Broward Deputy Scot Peterson insisted publicly that he believed that gunfire was happening outside on campus — not inside the building.

But internal radio dispatches released by the Broward Sheriff’s Office Thursday show Peterson immediately fixated on Building 12 and even radioed that gunfire was happening “inside.”

And, just as school shooter Nikolas Cruz was fleeing the building after killing 17 people, Peterson warned his fellow officers to stay away — even as wounded students and staff lay inside.

BSO policy calls for deputies to engage an active shooter and eliminate the threat.

“Do not approach the 12 or 1300 building, stay at least 500 feet away,” a panicked Peterson shouted as people screamed in the background.


http://amp.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article204226584.html

Clearly the answer is for everyone to give up their guns and put their trust in these brave, upstanding men and women.

This is the mental gymnastics that liberals must play, just as Trump supporters do about a million other issues.  They believe cops are incompetent, racist, abusive, untrained, and cowardly (all undisputedly true of course) but also think they're the only ones who should have guns.  The intellectually consistent view is that citizens should be the ones who have the guns to use early and often on our police and military oppressors, as the Founding Fathers intended when they drafted the 2nd Amendment.

Last edited on Sat Mar 10th, 2018 12:03 am by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Mar 24th, 2018 02:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
115th Post
Big Garea Fan

 

Joined: Wed Mar 4th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 2383
Status: 
Offline
Pennsylvania school district superintendent thinks that arming students with rocks is the answer...

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/school-supplying-rocks-students-throw-shooters-will-stoned-173538286.html

People are understandably freaked out in the wake of more school shootings, and many school systems are scrambling to figure out how to keep their students, teachers, and staff safe. Now, one superintendent at a Pennsylvania school district thinks he has the solution: arm students with rocks.
David Helsel, superintendent of the Blue Mountain School District, told state lawmakers earlier this week that in the event of a shooting, his students will use rocks to protect themselves. “Every classroom has been equipped with a five-gallon bucket of river stone. If an armed intruder attempts to gain entrance into any of our classrooms, they will face a classroom full students armed with rocks and they will be stoned,” he said, per WNEP 16.
Helsel said he came up with the idea himself and chose river stone because the rocks are “the right size for hands, you can throw them very hard, and they will create or cause pain, which can distract.” According to Helsel, teachers, staff, and students in his district were given active-shooter training through a program known as ALICE (Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate), and they regularly hold evacuation drills for active-shooter simulations.
This isn’t the first line of defense, Helsel says, but it could be one tool in their arsenal. “We have devices installed in our doors that help to secure them, to make it very difficult to break through,” he said. “We also train kids and talk about barricading the doors.”
Helsel did not respond to Yahoo Lifestyle’s request for comment.
While the idea is definitely creative, experts aren’t impressed. “This is ridiculous,” John Matthews, executive director of the Community Safety Institute and a former chief of police, tells Yahoo Lifestyle. “It’s next to the idea of throwing canned vegetables.” Shannon Watts, founder of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, which works closely with Everytown to fight gun violence, agrees. “I think this is a really bad idea,” she tells Yahoo Lifestyle.
Lawmakers in Pennsylvania and elsewhere in the country should be working to disarm dangerous people — not give kids rocks, she says. “The idea that rocks are going to protect children from gunmen is an absurd idea,” Watts says. “People are looking to solutions that are ineffective because they are reticent to try data-driven solutions that are proven to work, like stronger gun laws.”
Instead of rocks, Matthews recommends realistic training for staff and students on what to do during an attack prior to police arrival, as well as proactive campus safety teams who make “pragmatic recommendations” based on each individual campus.
Watts says armed school resource officers or security officers may help somewhat if they’re well trained and have completed background checks, but they’re not necessarily enough to take on a gunman who has access to semiautomatic weapons. “This is not happening in other high-income countries — this is a problem unique to schools in America,” she says. “We have so many guns and so few gun laws.”

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 07:10 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  3  4  5  6  7  8     
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Florida School Shooting Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems