WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Buying cows Or pigs whole

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:    1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Buying cows Or pigs whole  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Aug 17th, 2018 08:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 4917
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
has anyone or does anyone buy cows or pigs whole to be butchered? 

I’m a city kid from Los Angeles relocated to Texas so I’m used to buying my meat packaged in the grocery store. I see plenty of places by where I work to buy whole cows or pigs to be butchered and my question is; is it worth it? In talking to these places it doesn’t sound like a great deal so it wouldn’t be for the price but for the flavor and possible health benefits (no feed lots) 



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Aug 17th, 2018 09:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
freebirdsforever2001

 

Joined: 
Location:  
Posts: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
My father-in-law had gotten steers butchered for 35 years. It's very worth it. Around here in the glorious South Jersey, a butcher will package it and everything for you. They will ask you if you want more steaks, or more hamburger or roasts to cater to your likes and dislikes. If you break the price down, you can save 300/400% in most cases.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Aug 17th, 2018 10:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 4917
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
Thanks, I’ll investigate further.



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Aug 17th, 2018 10:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9900
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Get beef all the time by the half or whole.

Best to way to buy it.



____________________
“Anybody notice that Papa Voo can make all these posts, despite the fact he hasn't been logged in all night? #S&W (Scumbag Liars & Worthless Trash)“

-(Comedian/Troll Wanna Be) Heenan Fan-
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Aug 17th, 2018 10:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Angelic Assassin



Joined: Mon Dec 27th, 2010
Location: Home Of The Redskins, You Candy Asses. , Washington USA
Posts: 8003
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
It's definitely worth it but I wish I could say it's because of cost. I imagine but is but I don't know.
Out here in the country we have a great neighbor who has cattle and pigs and for years now about twice a year when he takes animals to slaughter he checks with us to see how we are set for meat and he asks us how we want it and has a cow and a hog done up for us.
Will not take a cent. I help him out with stuff and vice versa but he says it's better than his shiftless son in law getting anything.
His daughter and the bum live there and he does fuck all all day long.
Something about the taste of the meat we get from him, for some reason, maybe what he feeds his stock it's better than anything I've ever tasted 
My brother in law in the city swears by it though been doing it for years but never asked how much because I don't have to.



____________________
This thread was great till Rossi posted that AA ruined it.

Rossi=The Mouth That Bored
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Aug 18th, 2018 12:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
gwlee7
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Lewisville, Texas USA
Posts: 5520
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Franchise,

Where in texas? It says d-ville. If you are close to Lewisville, then we are close by now as well. The place I get a lot of my meats from is Old Town Market on Mill st. A family business that sources all of there beef locally. A little pricey but extremely high quality. They do run some very good package deals at times as well. I grew up in the meat processing and grocery buisness and know how to break cattle off the rail from when I was a kid. Made my own sausage in one of grocery stores. This place is awesome in my opinion.



____________________
I just think it's amazing that Trump is really on Twitter all day, personally writing this shit. He's about 3 beers away from joining S&W and getting into a flame war with Ports.----srossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Aug 18th, 2018 12:04 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
freebirdsforever2001

 

Joined: 
Location:  
Posts: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Papa Voo wrote: Get beef all the time by the half or whole.

Best to way to buy it.

Plus it doesn't have that red dye in it.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Aug 18th, 2018 12:29 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Infamous
必 勝


Joined: Mon Oct 25th, 2010
Location: Slums Of Shaolin
Posts: 2613
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Went to clam/lobster bake on the beach where they also served slow cook fire roasted piglets. Outstanding way to eat/cook pork if you have time & space. I can't see any scenario where I'd need a whole cow or even half or a quarter of 1 but I've bought whole beef tenderloins before that I cut/trim down myself & is cost effective

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Aug 18th, 2018 01:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 4917
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
gwlee7 wrote: Franchise,

Where in texas? It says d-ville. If you are close to Lewisville, then we are close by now as well. The place I get a lot of my meats from is Old Town Market on Mill st. A family business that sources all of there beef locally. A little pricey but extremely high quality. They do run some very good package deals at times as well. I grew up in the meat processing and grocery buisness and know how to break cattle off the rail from when I was a kid. Made my own sausage in one of grocery stores. This place is awesome in my opinion.


I’m actually south of Houston; the D-ville is a tribute to the board DD had back in the day. 
Their are a few farms by my work and they said the going rate is $1.00 a pound before butchering then another $700 for the butchering and packaging which would put it around $2k. I can afford it I just don’t want to drop 2k on a shit ton of hamburger and roasts when really all I eat is ribeye and filet mignog. 



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Aug 18th, 2018 01:24 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
gwlee7
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Lewisville, Texas USA
Posts: 5520
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
DD’s board was hilarious.  When you said d-ville I yhought maube you menat Dallas.  
Your best bet imo would be to find a smaller shop like the one I found here.  The smaller shops are a lot better able and willing to get younexactly what you want.  



____________________
I just think it's amazing that Trump is really on Twitter all day, personally writing this shit. He's about 3 beers away from joining S&W and getting into a flame war with Ports.----srossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Aug 18th, 2018 01:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 4917
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
Thank you, I’ll check around

Last edited on Sat Aug 18th, 2018 04:08 am by Franchise



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Aug 18th, 2018 03:58 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
brodiescomics



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 3416
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Franchise wrote: gwlee7 wrote: Franchise,

Where in texas? It says d-ville. If you are close to Lewisville, then we are close by now as well. The place I get a lot of my meats from is Old Town Market on Mill st. A family business that sources all of there beef locally. A little pricey but extremely high quality. They do run some very good package deals at times as well. I grew up in the meat processing and grocery buisness and know how to break cattle off the rail from when I was a kid. Made my own sausage in one of grocery stores. This place is awesome in my opinion.


I’m actually south of Houston; the D-ville is a tribute to the board DD had back in the day. 
Their are a few farms by my work and they said the going rate is $1.00 a pound before butchering then another $700 for the butchering and packaging which would put it around $2k. I can afford it I just don’t want to drop 2k on a shit ton of hamburger and roasts when really all I eat is ribeye and filet mignog. 

I am South of Houston as well. In Victoria.



____________________
Check out my YouTube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/user/brodiescomics
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Aug 18th, 2018 04:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 4917
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
Missouri City here.



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Aug 18th, 2018 04:19 am
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
brodiescomics



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 3416
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Franchise wrote: Missouri City here.

Cool. I am way South of Missouri City. About 100 miles. Welcome to Texas. It's fucking hot.



____________________
Check out my YouTube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/user/brodiescomics
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Aug 18th, 2018 05:43 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 4917
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
I’ve been here for a bit, just rolled over 3 years



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 03:30 pm Page:    1  2  3  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Buying cows Or pigs whole Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems