WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Ozzy Cancels The Rest Of His 2019 Tour

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Ozzy Cancels The Rest Of His 2019 Tour  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Apr 4th, 2019 07:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 41518
Status: 
Offline
Perhaps ‘postponed’ is more accurate. Fell back when he had pneumonia, aggravated an old injury, says he’ll be back in 2020

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Apr 4th, 2019 08:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 1993
Status: 
Offline
Wishing him good health. The man has given me so many good memories, it's only fair.



____________________
"Comedians are just like Pro Wrestlers...all the good ones are dead!" - Heenan Fan 2019
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Apr 4th, 2019 10:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 1993
Status: 
Offline
His wife's a cunt though.



____________________
"Comedians are just like Pro Wrestlers...all the good ones are dead!" - Heenan Fan 2019
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Apr 4th, 2019 11:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
the squared circle
Mr Hockey


Joined: Thu Feb 21st, 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7753
Status: 
Offline
And the Stones postponed their tour, due to Mick Jagger's health.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Apr 5th, 2019 01:29 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 1993
Status: 
Offline
Heenan Fan wrote: His wife's a cunt though.The irony is I think she is a very intelligent and attractive lady, but yeah, what I said earlier.



____________________
"Comedians are just like Pro Wrestlers...all the good ones are dead!" - Heenan Fan 2019
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Apr 5th, 2019 03:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
BuddyPSHayes



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Anywhere I Damn Well Please
Posts: 3807
Status: 
Offline
Glad I got to see him last year before he got sick.



____________________


"The only area I can think of to avoid in Houston is Houston." - srossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Apr 5th, 2019 03:44 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49482
Status: 
Offline
the squared circle wrote: And the Stones postponed their tour, due to Mick Jagger's health.
That should be a minor postponement though. I was supposed to see them in June and rumor had it they’ll make up the date in July or August. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Apr 5th, 2019 07:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 1993
Status: 
Offline
I was fixin' to see Tom Petty when he died. Even though I'd seen him several times, I was still devastated.



____________________
"Comedians are just like Pro Wrestlers...all the good ones are dead!" - Heenan Fan 2019
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 9th, 2019 01:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
The Doc



Joined: Mon Apr 8th, 2019
Location:  
Posts: 90
Status: 
Offline
Sometimes it is ok for performers to retire. One of my favorite all time bands Kiss are partially lip synching their current "farewell" tour.

Leave the memories alone. :)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 9th, 2019 02:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Superstar
Reigning Defending POTY


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Truth Or Consequences, New Mexico USA
Posts: 5648
Status: 
Online
The Doc wrote: Sometimes it is ok for performers to retire. One of my favorite all time bands Kiss are partially lip synching their current "farewell" tour.

Leave the memories alone. :)
Who is lip synching?  My wife and I went to see them in the fall of 2016 and I know for a fact that Gene and Paul were singing - Paul was god awful and Gene lost all of his range, but it was still a great show.  Paul's voice kept cracking - a lot - and he could only sing one song and then take a break for a song, or two if the song he did was really difficult.  I can't possibly know if Tommy or Eric were lip synching because I don't know how they perform live, but there's no way Gene or Paul would've used lip synch tracks that sounded like they did.  In fact, Paul even sort of apologized for his being inconsistent but "we are a rock and roll band and we sing and play all of our music live, we don't use backing tracks or lip synch".  Which is a far cry from the Hot in the Shade tour when from right up front you could visually see Paul telling somebody at side stage when to turn his microphone back on.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 9th, 2019 02:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
The Doc



Joined: Mon Apr 8th, 2019
Location:  
Posts: 90
Status: 
Offline
Superstar wrote: The Doc wrote: Sometimes it is ok for performers to retire. One of my favorite all time bands Kiss are partially lip synching their current "farewell" tour.

Leave the memories alone. :)
Who is lip synching?  My wife and I went to see them in the fall of 2016 and I know for a fact that Gene and Paul were singing - Paul was god awful and Gene lost all of his range, but it was still a great show.  Paul's voice kept cracking - a lot - and he could only sing one song and then take a break for a song, or two if the song he did was really difficult.  I can't possibly know if Tommy or Eric were lip synching because I don't know how they perform live, but there's no way Gene or Paul would've used lip synch tracks that sounded like they did.  In fact, Paul even sort of apologized for his being inconsistent but "we are a rock and roll band and we sing and play all of our music live, we don't use backing tracks or lip synch".  Which is a far cry from the Hot in the Shade tour when from right up front you could visually see Paul telling somebody at side stage when to turn his microphone back on.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 9th, 2019 02:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
The Doc



Joined: Mon Apr 8th, 2019
Location:  
Posts: 90
Status: 
Offline
Paul. About 75% of the show or more. Search on youtube. It is known.  Not sure how to delete the previous reply.
Never mind.  Here you go:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=paul+stanley+lip+sync

Last edited on Tue Apr 9th, 2019 02:34 pm by The Doc

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 9th, 2019 02:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Superstar
Reigning Defending POTY


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Truth Or Consequences, New Mexico USA
Posts: 5648
Status: 
Online
Am I surprised to read this? No. Like I said, in 2016 he was completely shot. As in, I could have done a better job and I sing like a wounded animal, or virtually any pop star without the autotune. When I listened to their concert on SiriusXM from the Whiskey, he sounded even worse than in 2016. My thought is that his voice isn't strong enough to project in an arena no matter what they do at the soundboard. So while I said to my wife in 2016 that I was glad to have seen them "Right here in Bridgeport", we both decided that night that we weren't going to see them again. It was a fun show but at the same time we knew that it was just going to go downhill from there. Funny thing, I stood in line right next to Bubba/Bully Ray and Velvet Sky for a half hour until they opened the doors. He is a big dude in person, and a huge KISS fan. It was her first KISS show, and she seemed more excited for it than him.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 9th, 2019 03:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49482
Status: 
Offline
Superstar wrote: Am I surprised to read this? No. Like I said, in 2016 he was completely shot. As in, I could have done a better job and I sing like a wounded animal, or virtually any pop star without the autotune. When I listened to their concert on SiriusXM from the Whiskey, he sounded even worse than in 2016. My thought is that his voice isn't strong enough to project in an arena no matter what they do at the soundboard. So while I said to my wife in 2016 that I was glad to have seen them "Right here in Bridgeport", we both decided that night that we weren't going to see them again. It was a fun show but at the same time we knew that it was just going to go downhill from there. Funny thing, I stood in line right next to Bubba/Bully Ray and Velvet Sky for a half hour until they opened the doors. He is a big dude in person, and a huge KISS fan. It was her first KISS show, and she seemed more excited for it than him.
Bully Ray is a legit dick at concerts.  I think I told this story before.  I was at a Black Label Society show in a fairly small venue at NYC.  Waiting for an hour or so before doors open.  Everyone rushes in and gets their spot.  I'm right near the front.  2 opening bands play so it's a long time before BLS come out.  30 seconds before they hit the stage, this asshole comes barreling through, living up to his Bully gimmick, tossing people aside to get to the front.  He's fucking huge and people went flying just by having him push by.  Everyone was super pissed and as you can imagine, a BLS show you have some gnarly looking biker dudes ready for a fight, but they took one look at him and decided to let it go.  So he pushes through 500 people and gets to the front as the first song is playing, and Zakk Wylde notices him and tells security to let him hop the rail. There's about 2 feet between the rail and the stage where the photographers and security stand, and he was allowed to stand there by himself for the whole show, occasionally giving fist bumps to the band and jumping up and down and making a spectacle of himself like he was 10 at his first concert.  The whole thing just rubbed me the wrong way.  Fuck that guy.   

Last edited on Tue Apr 9th, 2019 03:07 pm by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 9th, 2019 03:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
The Doc



Joined: Mon Apr 8th, 2019
Location:  
Posts: 90
Status: 
Offline
Superstar wrote: Am I surprised to read this? No. Like I said, in 2016 he was completely shot. As in, I could have done a better job and I sing like a wounded animal, or virtually any pop star without the autotune. When I listened to their concert on SiriusXM from the Whiskey, he sounded even worse than in 2016. My thought is that his voice isn't strong enough to project in an arena no matter what they do at the soundboard. So while I said to my wife in 2016 that I was glad to have seen them "Right here in Bridgeport", we both decided that night that we weren't going to see them again. It was a fun show but at the same time we knew that it was just going to go downhill from there. Funny thing, I stood in line right next to Bubba/Bully Ray and Velvet Sky for a half hour until they opened the doors. He is a big dude in person, and a huge KISS fan. It was her first KISS show, and she seemed more excited for it than him.
Spot on Superstar.  I think the last time Paul was even ok was when my daughter was 4 and she just turned 13.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 05:32 pm Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Ozzy Cancels The Rest Of His 2019 Tour Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems