WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > The Most Beloved Fast Food Chain In America Is .....

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
The Most Beloved Fast Food Chain In America Is .....  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Aug 30th, 2019 04:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 3173
Status: 
Offline
McSweenys is a chain... Tied exclusively to a very small pocket of middle of nowhere NY.



____________________
Comic Saaaaaannnsss
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Aug 30th, 2019 05:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6892
Status: 
Offline
Superstar wrote: I would rather eat the cups and napkins at Dunkin than any of their foods. How a donut chain can make worse donuts than any supermarket shelf sells is beyond me. But a few years back, probably ten years ago now, all of the Dunkin shops in our area stopped making donuts. All the donuts come prepackaged in boxes that are sealed in plastic. The shop has to unpack them and put the frosting and/or jelly into them. It's really, really bad.Their coffee is OK but the donuts suck and that is supposed to be their business.   Maybe once a year now I get a cup of coffee in a Dunkin Donuts.  That is about it.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Aug 30th, 2019 05:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6892
Status: 
Offline
Papa Voo wrote: Is L.C.’s a chain?   What about McSweeny’s? We had a place like that near where I grew up called Zac's.  It was amazing.  Not sure if it is still there.  Don't make it back to the old neighborhood that much anymore.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Aug 30th, 2019 07:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13277
Status: 
Offline
Franchise wrote: In n out will never make one of these lists due to how small their footprint is but hands down my favorite fast food place of all time and really the only thing I miss from California (I know they are outside of California but when I was in Houston the closest location at that time was in Austin; growing up in SoCal I don’t think I was ever more than 7 miles away from an in n out no matter where I lived).There is six In and Out burger joints within 10 miles of me. I don't know why people love this chain so much. Its not bad but there is nothing that makes me want to return. I prefer Five Guys or Carl's Junior.



____________________
Only thing harder than achieving excellence is maintaining it.
Dream Well. It may come true.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Aug 30th, 2019 08:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 3173
Status: 
Offline
Fun fact: have never gotten food at a Dunkin'ever.



____________________
Comic Saaaaaannnsss
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Aug 30th, 2019 09:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6892
Status: 
Offline
broke wrote: Fun fact: have never gotten food at a Dunkin'ever.You ain't missing nothing. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Aug 30th, 2019 09:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
DJP

 

Joined: Wed Jul 1st, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 817
Status: 
Offline
Benlen wrote: Franchise wrote: In n out will never make one of these lists due to how small their footprint is but hands down my favorite fast food place of all time and really the only thing I miss from California (I know they are outside of California but when I was in Houston the closest location at that time was in Austin; growing up in SoCal I don’t think I was ever more than 7 miles away from an in n out no matter where I lived).There is six In and Out burger joints within 10 miles of me. I don't know why people love this chain so much. Its not bad but there is nothing that makes me want to return. I prefer Five Guys or Carl's Junior. I agree. To me Carl's has the best burgers and variety. In N Out is ok,  But its a limited menu (they do have a secret menu that people talk about, but aside from the animal style fries I don't know shit else what's on it) and I just personally don't get what is so great that the drive thru is always 15 cars deep.

Last edited on Fri Aug 30th, 2019 09:08 pm by DJP



____________________
I live alone. I train alone. I'll win the title alone.

-Clubber Lang
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Aug 30th, 2019 09:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 3600
Status: 
Online
DJP wrote: Benlen wrote: Franchise wrote: In n out will never make one of these lists due to how small their footprint is but hands down my favorite fast food place of all time and really the only thing I miss from California (I know they are outside of California but when I was in Houston the closest location at that time was in Austin; growing up in SoCal I don’t think I was ever more than 7 miles away from an in n out no matter where I lived).There is six In and Out burger joints within 10 miles of me. I don't know why people love this chain so much. Its not bad but there is nothing that makes me want to return. I prefer Five Guys or Carl's Junior. I agree. To me Carl's has the best burgers and variety. In N Out is ok,  But its a limited menu (they do have a secret menu that people talk about, but aside from the animal style fries I don't know shit else what's on it) and I just personally don't get what is so great that the drive thru is always 15 cars deep.

I’m not a big fan of animal fries; usually I go with some 4x4’s animal style and a couple of Flying Dutchmen (Just grilled meat and cheese) with a regular fry. 
Freshness is part of the appeal as is quality which is subjective.
I had a guy tell me a few years ago that he had a $20 dollar burger at some hotel that would blow the doors off of in n out. I said well I wouldn’t pay $20 for a hamburger. 




____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Aug 30th, 2019 11:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
39th Post
gwlee7



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 5308
Status: 
Offline
Ultimark wrote: Superstar wrote: I would rather eat the cups and napkins at Dunkin than any of their foods. How a donut chain can make worse donuts than any supermarket shelf sells is beyond me. But a few years back, probably ten years ago now, all of the Dunkin shops in our area stopped making donuts. All the donuts come prepackaged in boxes that are sealed in plastic. The shop has to unpack them and put the frosting and/or jelly into them. It's really, really bad.Their coffee is OK but the donuts suck and that is supposed to be their business.   Maybe once a year now I get a cup of coffee in a Dunkin Donuts.  That is about it.
I go there and buy their dark roast in bags and then brew it at the house.  



____________________
I just think it's amazing that Trump is really on Twitter all day, personally writing this shit. He's about 3 beers away from joining S&W and getting into a flame war with Ports.----srossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Aug 30th, 2019 11:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
40th Post
Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9688
Status: 
Offline
broke wrote: Fun fact: have never gotten food at a Dunkin'ever.

Same here.   What is their popular sandwich?  Croissants?  There is one two miles from my house and I never bought a single item there. I do not drink coffee.  Hate donuts.   Maybe I should try a sandwich.  Does anybody even recommend a sandwich there? 



____________________
“Anybody notice that Papa Voo can make all these posts, despite the fact he hasn't been logged in all night? #S&W (Scumbag Liars & Worthless Trash)“

-(Comedian/Troll Wanna Be) Heenan Fan-
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Sep 2nd, 2019 02:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
41st Post
gwlee7



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 5308
Status: 
Offline
Papa Voo wrote: broke wrote: Fun fact: have never gotten food at a Dunkin'ever.

Same here.   What is their popular sandwich?  Croissants?  There is one two miles from my house and I never bought a single item there. I do not drink coffee.  Hate donuts.   Maybe I should try a sandwich.  Does anybody even recommend a sandwich there? 

I recommend not getting one. 



____________________
I just think it's amazing that Trump is really on Twitter all day, personally writing this shit. He's about 3 beers away from joining S&W and getting into a flame war with Ports.----srossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Sep 4th, 2019 03:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
42nd Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 3600
Status: 
Online
https://www.dailywire.com/news/51316/faculty-kansas-university-want-chick-fil-thrown-hank-berrien



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Sep 4th, 2019 01:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
43rd Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49553
Status: 
Offline
gwlee7 wrote: Papa Voo wrote: broke wrote: Fun fact: have never gotten food at a Dunkin'ever.

Same here.   What is their popular sandwich?  Croissants?  There is one two miles from my house and I never bought a single item there. I do not drink coffee.  Hate donuts.   Maybe I should try a sandwich.  Does anybody even recommend a sandwich there? 

I recommend not getting one. 

I've never heard of anyone buying a sandwich from Dunkin.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Sep 4th, 2019 02:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
44th Post
Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 6850
Status: 
Offline




I go here for Donuts. They're a few blocks from my wife's work. It's also owned by John Cone the WWE ref who's run the place long before he got into wrestling. His wife does the daily operations. He has his kids Tag Team belt that he won with Braun Strowman hanging in the place as well. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 07:38 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3     
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > The Most Beloved Fast Food Chain In America Is ..... Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems