WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:    1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Favorite Live Albums  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Sep 27th, 2019 01:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 7061
Status: 
Offline
Genre, year, or length doesn't matter. What are your favorite live albums. Bootlegs count. These are in no particular order.

KISS Alive! - I was lucky enough to see this tour. They were hungry and went out for blood every night. It worked. I don't think they every again reached the fury of those days.

Wings Over America - Triple album by Sir Paul. Not a clunker in the bunch. This version of Wings was incredibly underrated. Jimmy McCulloch was a beast on lead guitar. Denny Laine was an elite level musician and writer. McCartney was still young and cared about the music.

UFO - Strangers in the Night - Another incredible double album that isn't remembered the way it should be. Michael Schenker was such a beast. Listen to that note he hits on This Kids....yeah, that one. UFO was just like Thin Lizzy in that they never really broke huge in the States and they definitely should have. Which leads me to.

Thin Lizzy - Life:Live - I'm in the minority in that I love the mix of this album. Sykes is way out in front and the whole band sounds bombastic. Phil was on his last legs but he pulled it together for this series of shows. The mashup at the end with every Lizzy guitarist on Rocker was worth the price of admission. I'm not that big a fan of Lizzy's first live album because it's so canned.

Ramones - It's Alive - Punks greatest moment. I saw them at the Palladium only about a week later and it didn't have the furious pace of the New Years Eve show presented here.

Foghat - Live - Only a single album but Foghat did mostly opening slots so this was a great representation of their show. I never get tired of Slow Ride.

Ted Nugent - Double Live Gonzo - right up there with KISS Alive! as an album I wore the grooves off. The album really captured the insanity of a live Nuge show. His best lineup by far with Derek St. Holmes. The only thing is it didn't have his insane version of Turn It Up which he would always close with at the time.

There's a million more great ones. Let's see what you cretins think.

Last edited on Fri Sep 27th, 2019 01:55 am by WongLee



____________________
— The Iron Sheik (@the_ironsheik) October 8, 2009
hello @Paula_Deen you have midget pig dick and dead dog tits I hope I see you I break your fucking fat neck bitch
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Sep 27th, 2019 01:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
carpetbeggar
The Ayatollah Of Rock And Rolla


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Dangling From A Rope Of...CONFETTI!!!
Posts: 11721
Status: 
Offline
Here's just a few. I will add more later. Great topic though.

The Who: Live At Leeds (1970)



ACDC: If You Want Blood, You Got It (1978)

ACDC: Live At River Plate (2012)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Sep 27th, 2019 02:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 7061
Status: 
Offline
carpetbeggar wrote:

ACDC: Live At River Plate (2012)
This is excellent. However, I always liked the one they did from Munich in 2001 just a little bit more.



____________________
— The Iron Sheik (@the_ironsheik) October 8, 2009
hello @Paula_Deen you have midget pig dick and dead dog tits I hope I see you I break your fucking fat neck bitch
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Sep 27th, 2019 02:06 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
carpetbeggar
The Ayatollah Of Rock And Rolla


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Dangling From A Rope Of...CONFETTI!!!
Posts: 11721
Status: 
Offline
carpetbeggar wrote: Here's just a few. I will add more later. Great topic though.

The Who: Live At Leeds (1970)



ACDC: If You Want Blood, You Got It (1978)

ACDC: Live At River Plate (2012) (More a fan of the concert video they released of those shows. I think they did two concerts there, back to back. Those Argentinians were boppin' and a rockin' that night. The energy was incredible. I would have loved to have experienced that in person. I only saw them once in Boston back in 2000. It was an amazing show. They definitely deliver. I feel bad for those that never got to experience them live.....Wong, did you ever get the chance to see them with Bon?) 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Sep 27th, 2019 02:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 7061
Status: 
Offline
carpetbeggar wrote: carpetbeggar wrote:

ACDC: Live At River Plate (2012) (More a fan of the concert video they released of those shows. I think they did two concerts there, back to back. Those Argentinians were boppin' and a rockin' that night. The energy was incredible. I would have loved to have experienced that in person. I only saw them once in Boston back in 2000. It was an amazing show. They definitely deliver. I feel bad for those that never got to experience them live.....Wong, did you ever get the chance to see them with Bon?)

I saw them twice with Bon. Once while I was working at the Palladium when they opened for the Dictators (criminally underrated band) and then in August of 1979 when they opened up for Nugent at the Garden. The NYPD went on the record in the Daily News the next day that it was the rowdiest show they ever saw there.

Last edited on Fri Sep 27th, 2019 02:10 am by WongLee



____________________
— The Iron Sheik (@the_ironsheik) October 8, 2009
hello @Paula_Deen you have midget pig dick and dead dog tits I hope I see you I break your fucking fat neck bitch
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Sep 27th, 2019 02:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
carpetbeggar
The Ayatollah Of Rock And Rolla


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Dangling From A Rope Of...CONFETTI!!!
Posts: 11721
Status: 
Offline
WongLee wrote: carpetbeggar wrote:

ACDC: Live At River Plate (2012)
This is excellent. However, I always liked the one they did from Munich in 2001 just a little bit more.


That 2001 show?
If so, that was great. I only ever watched it once. I think it is time to check it out again. :)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Sep 27th, 2019 02:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
carpetbeggar
The Ayatollah Of Rock And Rolla


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Dangling From A Rope Of...CONFETTI!!!
Posts: 11721
Status: 
Offline
WongLee wrote: carpetbeggar wrote: carpetbeggar wrote:

ACDC: Live At River Plate (2012) (More a fan of the concert video they released of those shows. I think they did two concerts there, back to back. Those Argentinians were boppin' and a rockin' that night. The energy was incredible. I would have loved to have experienced that in person. I only saw them once in Boston back in 2000. It was an amazing show. They definitely deliver. I feel bad for those that never got to experience them live.....Wong, did you ever get the chance to see them with Bon?)

I saw them twice with Bon. Once while I was working at the Palladium when they opened for the Dictators (criminally underrated band) and then in August of 1979 when they opened up for Nugent at the Garden. The NYPD went on the record in the Daily News the next day that it was the rowdiest show they ever saw there.


Oh, The Dictators..I remember being 13 or 14 blasting "Stay With Me" on my stereo over and over. lol
Talking about craziness at the Garden...Actually I gotta dig that "Bikers, Broads and Babyfaces" thread up again. So much goodness in there and I still have a ton of questions about you in NYC back in the day.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Sep 27th, 2019 02:55 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 7061
Status: 
Offline
Ask away my friend.



____________________
— The Iron Sheik (@the_ironsheik) October 8, 2009
hello @Paula_Deen you have midget pig dick and dead dog tits I hope I see you I break your fucking fat neck bitch
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Sep 27th, 2019 03:39 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
gwlee7



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 5307
Status: 
Offline
Agree with you on Kiss Alive and UFO Strangers in the Night.  Absolutely two of my favorite albums live or not.   Others that I really like off thentop of my head:
Allman Brothers:  Live at the FillmoreGrand Funk:  Caught in the ActRainbow:  Rainbow LiveLittle Feat: Waiting for ColumbusDeep Purple: Made in JapanSeveral Grateful Dead Albums eg: Europe ‘72 and One from the Vault
I like live albums so I will think of more and post them as I remember them. 

Some sort of wonky spacing happened and I can’t fix it on my tablet. 

Last edited on Fri Sep 27th, 2019 03:40 am by gwlee7



____________________
I just think it's amazing that Trump is really on Twitter all day, personally writing this shit. He's about 3 beers away from joining S&W and getting into a flame war with Ports.----srossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Sep 27th, 2019 03:40 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49514
Status: 
Offline
No mention of Cheap Trick at Budokan?



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Sep 27th, 2019 04:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 7061
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: No mention of Cheap Trick at Budokan?While it was obviously the album that put the band into an elite bracket for a while, I think of this the same way as Thin Lizzy Live and Dangerous. Wayyyyy to much studio work plus an horrendous mix. There's tons of excellent quality Cheap Trick shows on YouTube from this time period that really show what the band was like live. I saw CT four times in the 70's and when Budokan came out I just shook my head in disbelief.



____________________
— The Iron Sheik (@the_ironsheik) October 8, 2009
hello @Paula_Deen you have midget pig dick and dead dog tits I hope I see you I break your fucking fat neck bitch
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Sep 27th, 2019 04:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 7061
Status: 
Offline
gwlee7 wrote: Deep Purple: Made in JapanGreg, I don't know if it still in print but see if you can find the triple CD reissue of Made in Japan. It's all three shows they played and the shows are complete. It's fascinating to listen to. No overdubs either. You'll here versions of songs and wonder why the version from the night before didn't make the final cut.



____________________
— The Iron Sheik (@the_ironsheik) October 8, 2009
hello @Paula_Deen you have midget pig dick and dead dog tits I hope I see you I break your fucking fat neck bitch
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Sep 27th, 2019 05:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 3582
Status: 
Offline
Robin Trower - Robin Trower Live; Robin nails it like always and Dewar sounds great


Dream Theater - Live scenes from New York 


Misfits - evilive; I know it’s 2 different shows but I love it


Danzig - Thrall / Demonsweatlive; I know only half of it is live


Daft Punk - alive 2007

Tool - Opiate; only 2 live songs but my 2 favorite Tool songs of all time


Last edited on Fri Sep 27th, 2019 05:15 am by Franchise



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Sep 27th, 2019 06:55 am
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 7061
Status: 
Offline
Franchise wrote: Robin Trower - Robin Trower Live; Robin nails it like always and Dewar sounds great



I forgot this one. An incredible record. What these punk kids today don't realize is that Trower was a HUGE star from '74 - '77. He headlined and soldout the Garden at least twice and co-headlined Shea Stadium with Jethro Tull.



____________________
— The Iron Sheik (@the_ironsheik) October 8, 2009
hello @Paula_Deen you have midget pig dick and dead dog tits I hope I see you I break your fucking fat neck bitch
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Sep 27th, 2019 07:16 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 3582
Status: 
Offline
WongLee wrote: Franchise wrote: Robin Trower - Robin Trower Live; Robin nails it like always and Dewar sounds great



I forgot this one. An incredible record. What these punk kids today don't realize is that Trower was a HUGE star from '74 - '77. He headlined and soldout the Garden at least twice and co-headlined Shea Stadium with Jethro Tull.



Trower w/ Dewar is probably my favorite band of all time. The multi disc State to State live across America comp is excellent as well. The live version of long misty days is killer. Something about the dirty guitar sound from Trower mixed with Dewar’s vocals that just sounds right to me. 



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 02:36 am Page:    1  2  3  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Favorite Live Albums Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems