WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Corona Virus...Real or Fake News

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Corona Virus...Real or Fake News  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2020 01:37 am
  PM Quote Reply
421st Post
brodiescomics



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 3338
Status: 
Offline
Spatulapup wrote: Cuomo is being a better leader during this than Trump. Trump's presser's are just complete nonsense. How anyone can feel good about Trump after each one is a mystery.
I've heard this a couple of times. New York is fucking falling apart and gets worse every day. It is probably the worst place to be in the United States right now. What exactly is doing right?



____________________
You fuckers think just because a guy reads comics he can't start some shit?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2020 01:53 am
  PM Quote Reply
422nd Post
Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 7011
Status: 
Online
brodiescomics wrote: Spatulapup wrote: Cuomo is being a better leader during this than Trump. Trump's presser's are just complete nonsense. How anyone can feel good about Trump after each one is a mystery.
I've heard this a couple of times. New York is fucking falling apart and gets worse every day. It is probably the worst place to be in the United States right now. What exactly is doing right?

Reducing future Social Security payouts with all these dying people? 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2020 04:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
423rd Post
Spatulapup

 

Joined: Mon Nov 22nd, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 2090
Status: 
Online
He is telling the truth for one. lol according to Trump he is looking to have everything up and running by Easter!!!! Watch his pressers for all of the lies and stupidity.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2020 04:39 am
  PM Quote Reply
424th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 4027
Status: 
Offline
I’m really curious to see what the worldwide fall out is going to be for this. I read something the other day that on top of this China had a major outbreak of the bird flu and something like 6 million chickens died; that’s a lot of food gone. Italy and Spain are on the verge of having an entire generation wiped out which is really bad news.


The stimulus situation is another story all together, if the Dems didn’t believe in what was put together then by all means counter but countering with a 1,404 page counter with green new deal type ideas in it comes across poor to those in or about to be in need.


This world might look like a much different place by 2021 regardless of ones political beliefs if some things don’t fall in place.



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2020 05:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
425th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 51205
Status: 
Offline
Spatulapup wrote: He is telling the truth for one. lol according to Trump he is looking to have everything up and running by Easter!!!! Watch his pressers for all of the lies and stupidity.
We know Trump’s a clown but your team demanding new emissions testing and massive funding for the Endowment of the Arts, amongst hundreds of other things, is holding the country hostage when most people just need relief. You know it’s wrong and I don’t want to hear whataboutism bullshit about the Republicans.  The Democrats are being terrible here and people will remember this in November. And not just Republicans. This is swinging people over. Pelosi proves once again that she can’t even win a compassion contest against Trump. How is that possible?  And Biden’s thoughts in this are...who knows?  He disappeared. For his sake he better die of Coronavirus because no one will ever let him live this down if he’s still alive. His reputation can only be saved if he dies at this point. Then someone else can take his place and try to get sympathy votes I guess. 

Last edited on Wed Mar 25th, 2020 05:58 am by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2020 01:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
426th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 51205
Status: 
Offline
Prince Charles has tested positive and at his age I’d be concerned.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2020 01:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
427th Post
carpetbeggar
The Ayatollah Of Rock And Rolla


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Dangling From A Rope Of...CONFETTI!!!
Posts: 12070
Status: 
Online
srossi wrote: Spatulapup wrote: He is telling the truth for one. lol according to Trump he is looking to have everything up and running by Easter!!!! Watch his pressers for all of the lies and stupidity
We know Trump’s a clown but your team demanding new emissions testing and massive funding for the Endowment of the Arts, amongst hundreds of other things, is holding the country hostage when most people just need relief. You know it’s wrong and I don’t want to hear whataboutism bullshit about the Republicans.  The Democrats are being terrible here and people will remember this in November. And not just Republicans. This is swinging people over. Pelosi proves once again that she can’t even win a compassion contest against Trump. How is that possible?  And Biden’s thoughts in this are...who knows?  He disappeared. For his sake he better die of Coronavirus because no one will ever let him live this down if he’s still alive. His reputation can only be saved if he dies at this point. Then someone else can take his place and try to get sympathy votes I guess.
You know the Dems have Biden stored away in some bunker to keep him safe from the virus until the all clear sign is given and they can trot him out onto the campaign trail again.



Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2020 01:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
428th Post
KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 1254
Status: 
Offline
Spatulapup wrote: He is telling the truth for one. lol according to Trump he is looking to have everything up and running by Easter!!!! Watch his pressers for all of the lies and stupidity.
What truth are you referring to?  And other posters saying "entire generations" gone?  What data does anyone have to show that this is worse than a normal flu, or at least that it's so dramatically worse that we've been forced to nuke our economy, our rights, and our civil society in response?
 
Here are some numbers: 
Speaking of Italy, data from March 20 [3] on fatalities is quite revealing —
median age of death is 80, 99% are over 50, virtually no deaths below 30,
high rate of preexisting health conditions among the deceased. Furthermore,
in addition to Italy’s higher susceptibility to flu pandemics, there are
major issues with air pollution and deaths from antibiotic resistance as well.
Plus don’t forget that when we say Italy we mean “Lombardy and Emilia-Romagna,” where something like 85% of the deaths are clustered. Regions like Calabria in the South have negligible COVID-19 fatalities, for instance, but then
Italy is in lockdown mode so this is obviously decreasing R0.

If we look at the 110 fatalities in Washington State as of Mar 23 [4], the picture
is similar — bulk of deaths from people in 70s, 80s and 90s with preexisting
conditions. Only two deaths from people in their 40s, both in Snohomish
County. No younger deaths reported. Most deaths (87 of 110) are clustered in
King County, and in turn 42% of those deaths (37) originate from the same
nursing home in Kirkland.


Ditto for recent data from the Netherlands — no recorded deaths below age
of 54 so far. [5] Keep in mind selection bias towards severe patients, though.

Still no good data on Spain from what I know.

The closest thing we have to a controlled experiment — the Diamond Princess
cruise ship — shows a 73% asymptomatic/mild incidence within an elderly
patient sample of 104 (median age 68). Given a 15-day observation period,
it’s incongruent with what we know about incubation rates that symptomatic
developments were likely after that. [6]

 
At any rate, the below post is filled historical and current data that make a very convincing case that the only thing earth-shattering about this episode is our reaction to it.  One other thing that he didn't mention in discussing Italy is that a vast majority of the deaths occurred in people with existing medical issues.  As he mentioned, look up the Diamond Princess numbers and then ask yourself where the TV doctors are coming up with their predicted levels of sick and dying. 
 
https://wmbriggs.com/post/29886/#comment-184799
 
Common sense measures, as implemented by many East Asian countries (Taiwan, just passed 200 cases, last I knew only two deaths, in a country of 23 million) have spared these places the worst excesses of pocket dictators like Marshal Cuomo and Obergrupenfuhrer Newsome.  We're setting a very bad precedent here.  If we don't demand better structures be put into place for our elected officials, instead of acting on the orders of Chicken Little Fauci, we're fucked in the future.  They've had a taste of what this kind of power feels like.  They won't want to concede it back to the people.   
 
 




____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2020 01:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
429th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 51205
Status: 
Offline
carpetbeggar wrote: srossi wrote: Spatulapup wrote: He is telling the truth for one. lol according to Trump he is looking to have everything up and running by Easter!!!! Watch his pressers for all of the lies and stupidity
We know Trump’s a clown but your team demanding new emissions testing and massive funding for the Endowment of the Arts, amongst hundreds of other things, is holding the country hostage when most people just need relief. You know it’s wrong and I don’t want to hear whataboutism bullshit about the Republicans.  The Democrats are being terrible here and people will remember this in November. And not just Republicans. This is swinging people over. Pelosi proves once again that she can’t even win a compassion contest against Trump. How is that possible?  And Biden’s thoughts in this are...who knows?  He disappeared. For his sake he better die of Coronavirus because no one will ever let him live this down if he’s still alive. His reputation can only be saved if he dies at this point. Then someone else can take his place and try to get sympathy votes I guess.
You know the Dems have Biden stored away in some bunker to keep him safe from the virus until the all clear sign is given and they can trot him out onto the campaign trail again.

Then he needs to be ALL OVER the Internet, giving speeches 3 times a day and commenting on all the latest developments.  He can't just disappear.  He should be having livestreamed Skype calls with effected workers, after someone explains to him what a livestreamed Skype call is ("It's like the magic version of being there Joe, except you won't be able to sniff anyone's hair").  It's not that hard to come up with a strategy to keep him visible.  The only one who has handled this situation worse is Vince, and they're both old and out of touch.  If he's not dying, then they couldn't possibly do a better job of making you think he was.  Or worse, that he just doesn't give a fuck about anyone but himself. 

Last edited on Wed Mar 25th, 2020 01:48 pm by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2020 01:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
430th Post
KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 1254
Status: 
Offline
BTW, if you're looking for an analysis of the Diamond Princess cruise ship, a good place to start is here:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/03/16/diamond-princess-mysteries/



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2020 03:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
431st Post
khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 16091
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: Prince Charles has tested positive and at his age I’d be concerned.With personal physicians attending to him with the best ventilation equipment out there, I'm not too worried about him. He will have spectacular care.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2020 08:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
432nd Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 4027
Status: 
Offline
And the stimulus pushes another day.


Italy now has 7,503 deaths from COVID-19. I don’t care about preexisting conditions that is a lot of people.


Spain is up to 3,434 deaths with nearly 48,000 cases.


Anyone hear about the 21 million cell phone situation in China? I’d never heard of the source before where I read it.



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2020 09:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
433rd Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 7370
Status: 
Offline
Franchise wrote:
Anyone hear about the 21 million cell phone situation in China? I’d never heard of the source before where I read it.


Lots of reputable sources have published that number, with various suggestions as to why this may have happened, but the suggestion that these people all died of Covid-19 is a bit of a leap. If China was hiding this, then they wouldn't have let this figure leak out.



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2020 10:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
434th Post
khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 16091
Status: 
Offline
Ridiculous claptrap.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Mar 26th, 2020 01:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
435th Post
KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 1254
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: carpetbeggar wrote: srossi wrote: Spatulapup wrote: He is telling the truth for one. lol according to Trump he is looking to have everything up and running by Easter!!!! Watch his pressers for all of the lies and stupidity
We know Trump’s a clown but your team demanding new emissions testing and massive funding for the Endowment of the Arts, amongst hundreds of other things, is holding the country hostage when most people just need relief. You know it’s wrong and I don’t want to hear whataboutism bullshit about the Republicans.  The Democrats are being terrible here and people will remember this in November. And not just Republicans. This is swinging people over. Pelosi proves once again that she can’t even win a compassion contest against Trump. How is that possible?  And Biden’s thoughts in this are...who knows?  He disappeared. For his sake he better die of Coronavirus because no one will ever let him live this down if he’s still alive. His reputation can only be saved if he dies at this point. Then someone else can take his place and try to get sympathy votes I guess.
You know the Dems have Biden stored away in some bunker to keep him safe from the virus until the all clear sign is given and they can trot him out onto the campaign trail again.

Then he needs to be ALL OVER the Internet, giving speeches 3 times a day and commenting on all the latest developments.  He can't just disappear.  He should be having livestreamed Skype calls with effected workers, after someone explains to him what a livestreamed Skype call is ("It's like the magic version of being there Joe, except you won't be able to sniff anyone's hair").  It's not that hard to come up with a strategy to keep him visible.  The only one who has handled this situation worse is Vince, and they're both old and out of touch.  If he's not dying, then they couldn't possibly do a better job of making you think he was.  Or worse, that he just doesn't give a fuck about anyone but himself. 

Ooof.  Upon further review, this may not be the best strategy.  The guy's clearly not all there. 

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1242580282580107274?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1242580282580107274&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fhttp://www.ace.mu.nu%2F
(And how embarrassing is that female host on MSNBC?  Gushing and gurning over a man who's having trouble stringing a cogent thought together.)



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 03:35 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  ...  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Corona Virus...Real or Fake News Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems