WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Anyone here own a wrestling belt?

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Anyone here own a wrestling belt?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Apr 29th, 2020 12:45 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Blazer



Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 6877
Status: 
Offline
Anyone here own a belt?  Either from WWE Shopzone or Figures Inc.
I've always wanted one but then I ask myself, really, what the hell am I going to do with this?



____________________
"Well, maybe I like the nightlife just a little bit more than I like the damn gym, jack! And when you're makin' $500,000 a year, there ain't no reason to change what you're doing." - Dusty Rhodes, 1/4/1986
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Apr 29th, 2020 12:51 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 53326
Status: 
Offline
It’s really a personal question to ask if anyone here is a virgin. This thread should be deleted.

Last edited on Wed Apr 29th, 2020 12:51 am by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Apr 29th, 2020 01:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Heenan Fan
Mr Monday Night!


Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 3977
Status: 
Offline
I gotta admit, it's a pet peeve of mine when I see fans, especially adults, with replica belts in public. I can't explain why, and I obviously know it's wrong to judge other people, but it just seems a little to too markish for someone to show off in public or at the arena.If it's hanging on your wall in your man cave, that's ok. No offense to any belt collectors hear.



____________________
"Comedians are just like Pro Wrestlers...all the good ones are dead!" Me, 2019

"I'm too smart to be a Democrat and too poor to be a Republican." Me, 2000
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Apr 29th, 2020 01:09 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Spread Eagle, Wisconsin USA
Posts: 6454
Status: 
Offline
I’ve never owned a belt. But I did own the Big Gold belt buckle and almost bought the NWA one when it came out ten years ago.

My kids when they were kids had the kid sized real belts: Cena spinner, Austin smoking skull, WWF Winged Eagle, Cena US Title spinner, original ECW belt, and the coolest was the Rated R spinner.

Right now I have a kids foam belt, new in package...Jakks Pacific Smoking Skull with WWF logo. It’s my oldest sons, he’s owned it since 2009 and is keeping it due to rarity. My youngest kept his Winged Eagle because he had Flair and HBK autograph it.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Apr 29th, 2020 03:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Blazer



Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 6877
Status: 
Offline
Superstar wrote: I’ve never owned a belt. But I did own the Big Gold belt buckle and almost bought the NWA one when it came out ten years ago.

My kids when they were kids had the kid sized real belts: Cena spinner, Austin smoking skull, WWF Winged Eagle, Cena US Title spinner, original ECW belt, and the coolest was the Rated R spinner.

Right now I have a kids foam belt, new in package...Jakks Pacific Smoking Skull with WWF logo. It’s my oldest sons, he’s owned it since 2009 and is keeping it due to rarity. My youngest kept his Winged Eagle because he had Flair and HBK autograph it.

Cool stuff here.  The kids belts have some sentimental value to you guys, and they’re signed and also those I believe are tough to find.  Perfect mix.  Hang on to those.
I don’t think I would ever in a thousand years take a belt out in public, but for the man cave I’m curious who owns one.  



____________________
"Well, maybe I like the nightlife just a little bit more than I like the damn gym, jack! And when you're makin' $500,000 a year, there ain't no reason to change what you're doing." - Dusty Rhodes, 1/4/1986
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Apr 29th, 2020 03:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Blazer



Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 6877
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: It’s really a personal question to ask if anyone here is a virgin. This thread should be deleted.
Rumor has it that Macho Man made Steph wear the Winged Eagle in ‘92 while he fucked her missionary, so someone’s virginity definitely came in to play alright.

*rumor may be totally false.



____________________
"Well, maybe I like the nightlife just a little bit more than I like the damn gym, jack! And when you're makin' $500,000 a year, there ain't no reason to change what you're doing." - Dusty Rhodes, 1/4/1986
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Apr 30th, 2020 03:59 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 10235
Status: 
Offline
Fuck... this is going to lead to dog porn.



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Apr 30th, 2020 11:50 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 18320
Status: 
Offline
I have a Fingers.Inc's The Big Gold belt with Flair Nameplate.

Also have a Fingers.Inc's NWA World Belt.

They never been out of the house.



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Apr 30th, 2020 04:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Coram, New York
Posts: 7761
Status: 
Offline
bpickering wrote: I have a Fingers.Inc's The Big Gold belt with Flair Nameplate.

Also have a Fingers.Inc's NWA World Belt.

They never been out of the house.
If you have TWO belts you probably never have either :)



____________________
by the blood of jesus i rebuke you ,you foul mouth lying satan jesusjesus hallelujah,halleujah be gone you evil spirit

BJWINDHAM MULLIGAN
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Apr 30th, 2020 05:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Spread Eagle, Wisconsin USA
Posts: 6454
Status: 
Offline
WongLee wrote: bpickering wrote: I have a Fingers.Inc's The Big Gold belt with Flair Nameplate.

Also have a Fingers.Inc's NWA World Belt.

They never been out of the house.
If you have TWO belts you probably never have either :)
LOL - Great line!   A number of years ago I took my wife and kids to a TNA show in Poughkeepsie NY at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center...truly a dump of a place that smells like piss on the outside AND inside.  It was the last house on either a Friday or Saturday night, and that Monday night is when Hogan and Bischoff came in.  Nash cut a promo about how things were about to change.  Anyway - at that show, some guy came in with the Big Gold and the Domed Globe draped over each shoulder.  My kid, who was 9, said that he looked ridiculous while we walked past him.  It's one thing to collect something, hang it on the wall as a decoration, etc.  But it's another thing to wear a prop title in public.  Especially when you are a doughy 5'6" 220lb guy.  No offense to Taz, but this guy wasn't even close to being what Taz is - he was perpetually doughy.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Apr 30th, 2020 05:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 16661
Status: 
Online
Superstar wrote: WongLee wrote: bpickering wrote: I have a Fingers.Inc's The Big Gold belt with Flair Nameplate.

Also have a Fingers.Inc's NWA World Belt.

They never been out of the house.
If you have TWO belts you probably never have either :)
LOL - Great line!   A number of years ago I took my wife and kids to a TNA show in Poughkeepsie NY at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center...truly a dump of a place that smells like piss on the outside AND inside.  It was the last house on either a Friday or Saturday night, and that Monday night is when Hogan and Bischoff came in.  Nash cut a promo about how things were about to change.  Anyway - at that show, some guy came in with the Big Gold and the Domed Globe draped over each shoulder.  My kid, who was 9, said that he looked ridiculous while we walked past him.  It's one thing to collect something, hang it on the wall as a decoration, etc.  But it's another thing to wear a prop title in public.  Especially when you are a doughy 5'6" 220lb guy.  No offense to Taz, but this guy wasn't even close to being what Taz is - he was perpetually doughy.

Special needs person, maybe? They are the exception to the belt-in-public rule IMO.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Apr 30th, 2020 07:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Spread Eagle, Wisconsin USA
Posts: 6454
Status: 
Offline
khawk wrote: Superstar wrote: WongLee wrote: bpickering wrote: I have a Fingers.Inc's The Big Gold belt with Flair Nameplate.

Also have a Fingers.Inc's NWA World Belt.

They never been out of the house.
If you have TWO belts you probably never have either :)
LOL - Great line!   A number of years ago I took my wife and kids to a TNA show in Poughkeepsie NY at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center...truly a dump of a place that smells like piss on the outside AND inside.  It was the last house on either a Friday or Saturday night, and that Monday night is when Hogan and Bischoff came in.  Nash cut a promo about how things were about to change.  Anyway - at that show, some guy came in with the Big Gold and the Domed Globe draped over each shoulder.  My kid, who was 9, said that he looked ridiculous while we walked past him.  It's one thing to collect something, hang it on the wall as a decoration, etc.  But it's another thing to wear a prop title in public.  Especially when you are a doughy 5'6" 220lb guy.  No offense to Taz, but this guy wasn't even close to being what Taz is - he was perpetually doughy.

Special needs person, maybe? They are the exception to the belt-in-public rule IMO.
No - he seemed like a wiseass prick, because he was one of those "know it all" types that was trying to prove to everybody that he knew more about wrestling than they did.  I legit sat in front of a special needs fan at the Meadowlands for a WCW card once, don't know if he was autistic or just mildly "a wee bit off".  But man, he absolutely without a shadow of a doubt believed it was real.  Like, there was no doubt in his mind whatsoever.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Apr 30th, 2020 07:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 16661
Status: 
Online
Awesome. And as for the other non-special guy, I hope someone slapped him around a bit. Sounds like he needed it.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri May 1st, 2020 01:53 am
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Gone_Fishing

 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 871
Status: 
Offline
It’s also offensive when people spend more on a belt than their personal hygiene.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri May 1st, 2020 05:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 8173
Status: 
Online
WWE did some puff piece on superfans once. There was a married couple flew all over the US to watch the big shows. They were shown proudly packing their replica tag team title belts which they always wore at the shows. The definition of more money than brains.



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 02:57 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Anyone here own a wrestling belt? Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems