WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > So Will We Be Reduced To Total Anarchy?

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
So Will We Be Reduced To Total Anarchy?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat May 30th, 2020 12:48 am
  PM Quote Reply
46th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 53393
Status: 
Offline
WongLee wrote: srossi wrote: To get back to wrestling, almost EVERYONE in WWE has been extremely vocal about this situation, which is rare because few other than Sami Zayn ever tweet about anything remotely political. As a perfect example, Randy Orton has said that this incident made him realize for the first time that until #BlackLiveMatter, all lives can’t matter. Anyone who has followed Orton on social media knows that’s a pretty huge statement coming from him. Almost everyone on the roster has also tweeted. JBL of all people, yes JBL, retweeted a video of a black man begging people to stop calling the cops on them for nothing because it risks their lives, with the comment “Wow. Powerful.” Vince can’t be happy right now.Ahhh...JBL was just pissed that he couldn't get the black guy in the shower stall. I wonder what George Tragos, Everett Marshall, Wilbur Snyder, and Gordo Chihuahua would have posted.

Don’t be so cynical. I hear even Killer Karl Kox’s korpse thinks the cops went too far this time. 

Last edited on Sat May 30th, 2020 12:49 am by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat May 30th, 2020 06:09 am
  PM Quote Reply
47th Post
stingmark

 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9403
Status: 
Offline
WongLee wrote: srossi wrote: The charges are 3rd degree murder and manslaughter.This will get plead down to 21 days on a work farm. I am not kidding either. This guy will do no serious time whatsoever. Plus a good lawyer will get Officer Derek his full pension and lifetime medical. Again, I'm not kidding.Yep. Saw this coming the second it was announced that the Coroners Office had already conducted an autopsy and basically said their officers werent at fault.



____________________
"I went to the #6th ranked liberal Arts College in California, I'm smarter than anyone else"(Also found out to be a formerly racist institution-Jeff Forsyth)




Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat May 30th, 2020 09:55 am
  PM Quote Reply
48th Post
indikator

 

Joined: Fri Jan 23rd, 2009
Location: Bratenwender City, Germany
Posts: 2615
Status: 
Offline
WongLee wrote: srossi wrote: To get back to wrestling, almost EVERYONE in WWE has been extremely vocal about this situation, which is rare because few other than Sami Zayn ever tweet about anything remotely political. As a perfect example, Randy Orton has said that this incident made him realize for the first time that until #BlackLiveMatter, all lives can’t matter. Anyone who has followed Orton on social media knows that’s a pretty huge statement coming from him. Almost everyone on the roster has also tweeted. JBL of all people, yes JBL, retweeted a video of a black man begging people to stop calling the cops on them for nothing because it risks their lives, with the comment “Wow. Powerful.” Vince can’t be happy right now.Ahhh...JBL was just pissed that he couldn't get the black guy in the shower stall. I wonder what George Tragos, Everett Marshall, Wilbur Snyder, and Gordo Chihuahua would have posted.

What a foolish question - Gordo Chihuahua would have made his whole gimmick around being an advocate against fat shaming. Like, duuuh

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat May 30th, 2020 01:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
49th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 53393
Status: 
Offline
Chauvin’s wife has now filed for divorce. Fuck her too. She stuck with him for years while he was doing other shit like this. Now she’s scared.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat May 30th, 2020 04:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
50th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 53393
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: The mayor of a town in Mississippi claims that Floyd must’ve OD’d on drugs because if he could say he couldn’t breathe that means he could breathe. Lol

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/if-you-say-you-cant-breathe-youre-breathing-mississippi-mayor-defends-officers-involved-in-george-floyds-arrest/?fbclid=IwAR27qEDcQBuMMkg9vWywJwd6G0d5YHsfhHutJT3se1pv5yGo0sXw-o51nfk

After that autopsy report, it's obvious this will become the official narrative.  The family is going to get an independent coroner to make his own report, which will no doubt contradict the state's official report, but the fight is already lost.  Business as usual.

Last edited on Sat May 30th, 2020 04:01 pm by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat May 30th, 2020 04:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
51st Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 53393
Status: 
Offline
I’m not even gonna lie. I might masturbate to this footage on repeat all weekend. This pig just got knocked the fuck out for being an ass and illegally destroying a phone that was recording him.

https://m.worldstarhiphop.com/apple/video.php?v=wshh2V1qPxpQbb833Lao



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat May 30th, 2020 05:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
52nd Post
KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 1723
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: silentkiller wrote: KGB wrote: tamalie wrote: KGB wrote: tamalie wrote: However, the rioting and looting beyond that particular location is mainly opportunists of various types taking advantage of this guy's death to push their own agendas.

There were poor people cleaning out Target and other stores to get their hands on consumer goods they either couldn't afford or just didn't want to pay for.
 
Hmm, what "types" would that be?  In fact, it would be more honest to say "type".   And let's be honest, anyone cleaning out a Target simply didn't want to pay for what they were taking.  It has nothing to do with not being able to afford anything. 
 
I'm not shy about my disgust at what's become of law enforcement in this country, and I hope the pigs that killed this man are served justice, but pretending for the last 50 years that communities of joggers aren't a big problem hasn't done any of us a favor. 


I can see where this is going, so I'll put it this way. It's a low income neighborhood, resided in mostly but not exclusively by persons of color, and from the footage taken by reputable reporters, both outside that Target and actually inside the store as well, there weren't many middle class people who drove in from the burbs to take advantage of the situation to grab some TVs, smartphones, and other pricy or desirable stuff. By definition anyone stealing doesn't want to pay for the item, regardless of their wealth and background. However, the protesting turning to rioting turning to looting in the area around that shopping center was absolutely taken advantage of by persons seizing the opportunity to get stuff they could not otherwise afford as opposed to persons who could have afforded the stuff but just didn't want to pay, though I won't discount the presence and participation of the latter group entirely.

When you say, "middle class" people didn't drive in from the 'burbs to loot and steal, you really mean "white" people.  There's no getting around that fact.  Believe me, for years and I years I also engaged in that canard and like a good conservative I boiled everything down to the marketplace, reducing humans to economic beings.  I just can't keep lying to myself anymore.  We've had generations of whites and blacks trying to make it work, trying to promote the "vibrant" mix of cultures, and it hasn't worked.  It's time to conclude that it will never work.  Anecdotally, yes, it can happen, but in the macro sense we're not the same people.  I don't think much can be done to remedy this in the short term, but at the very least we've got to be honest about our differences.  A good start would be to completely restore freedom of association.  Let people self-segregate and learn from the results. 

Generations? It's only been about 50 years of supposed racial equality in America. Not sure where you're getting generations from when millions can still remember the days of segregation.

Yeah, it is amazing that we’re only about 150 years removed from slavery, followed by a disastrous Reconstruction period that in many ways was worse than slavery, and only about 50 years past segregation. When you’re under 50, it might as well be a million years ago, but many still remember those days well, and have grandparents who were slaves. 
Many have grandparents who were slaves?  Come on.  Are there blacks in their 80s and 90s who may have had grandparents who were children at emancipation?  A few perhaps, but let's not torture the connections to make them seem more numerous than they really are.  And even where such people still do exist, so what?  Seriously, what does that have to do with the average rioter in the streets today?  Not a thing. 

We're three generations into the post-1964 era and the default reaction of the black community to perceived affronts continues to be rioting and looting. And it doesn't matter the historical antecedents, either.  There are 125,000 Somalis that live in Minneapolis.  The city was 93% white in 1970; by 2000 it was 63%. What historical grievances are they protesting?  When were the people of Minneapolis asked if they were willing to absorb such a significant change to their lifestyle and culture?  Does anyone think that in 1970, the average Lutheran Swede looked around his hometown and said, "you know what we need here?  More black people."  No votes were taken, instead the government teamed up with Lutheran, Catholic, and NGO charities to undertake a massive replacement program.  The results?  A reading of crime statistics in Minneapolis shows that, despite being a minority, the percentages of violent crimes committed by its more vibrant denizens is overwhelming.  Noticing these facts can't remain a forbidden subject any longer.  Are there calls to discuss race relations today?  Great.  Let's have that conversation.  Let's lay everything on the table. 



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat May 30th, 2020 05:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
53rd Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 53393
Status: 
Offline
KGB wrote: srossi wrote: silentkiller wrote: KGB wrote: tamalie wrote: KGB wrote: tamalie wrote: However, the rioting and looting beyond that particular location is mainly opportunists of various types taking advantage of this guy's death to push their own agendas.

There were poor people cleaning out Target and other stores to get their hands on consumer goods they either couldn't afford or just didn't want to pay for.
 
Hmm, what "types" would that be?  In fact, it would be more honest to say "type".   And let's be honest, anyone cleaning out a Target simply didn't want to pay for what they were taking.  It has nothing to do with not being able to afford anything. 
 
I'm not shy about my disgust at what's become of law enforcement in this country, and I hope the pigs that killed this man are served justice, but pretending for the last 50 years that communities of joggers aren't a big problem hasn't done any of us a favor. 


I can see where this is going, so I'll put it this way. It's a low income neighborhood, resided in mostly but not exclusively by persons of color, and from the footage taken by reputable reporters, both outside that Target and actually inside the store as well, there weren't many middle class people who drove in from the burbs to take advantage of the situation to grab some TVs, smartphones, and other pricy or desirable stuff. By definition anyone stealing doesn't want to pay for the item, regardless of their wealth and background. However, the protesting turning to rioting turning to looting in the area around that shopping center was absolutely taken advantage of by persons seizing the opportunity to get stuff they could not otherwise afford as opposed to persons who could have afforded the stuff but just didn't want to pay, though I won't discount the presence and participation of the latter group entirely.

When you say, "middle class" people didn't drive in from the 'burbs to loot and steal, you really mean "white" people.  There's no getting around that fact.  Believe me, for years and I years I also engaged in that canard and like a good conservative I boiled everything down to the marketplace, reducing humans to economic beings.  I just can't keep lying to myself anymore.  We've had generations of whites and blacks trying to make it work, trying to promote the "vibrant" mix of cultures, and it hasn't worked.  It's time to conclude that it will never work.  Anecdotally, yes, it can happen, but in the macro sense we're not the same people.  I don't think much can be done to remedy this in the short term, but at the very least we've got to be honest about our differences.  A good start would be to completely restore freedom of association.  Let people self-segregate and learn from the results. 

Generations? It's only been about 50 years of supposed racial equality in America. Not sure where you're getting generations from when millions can still remember the days of segregation.

Yeah, it is amazing that we’re only about 150 years removed from slavery, followed by a disastrous Reconstruction period that in many ways was worse than slavery, and only about 50 years past segregation. When you’re under 50, it might as well be a million years ago, but many still remember those days well, and have grandparents who were slaves. 
Many have grandparents who were slaves?  Come on.  Are there blacks in their 80s and 90s who may have had grandparents who were children at emancipation?  A few perhaps, but let's not torture the connections to make them seem more numerous than they really are.  And even where such people still do exist, so what?  Seriously, what does that have to do with the average rioter in the streets today?  Not a thing. 

We're three generations into the post-1964 era and the default reaction of the black community to perceived affronts continues to be rioting and looting. And it doesn't matter the historical antecedents, either.  There are 125,000 Somalis that live in Minneapolis.  The city was 93% white in 1970; by 2000 it was 63%. What historical grievances are they protesting?  When were the people of Minneapolis asked if they were willing to absorb such a significant change to their lifestyle and culture?  Does anyone think that in 1970, the average Lutheran Swede looked around his hometown and said, "you know what we need here?  More black people."  No votes were taken, instead the government teamed up with Lutheran, Catholic, and NGO charities to undertake a massive replacement program.  The results?  A reading of crime statistics in Minneapolis shows that, despite being a minority, the percentages of violent crimes committed by its more vibrant denizens is overwhelming.  Noticing these facts can't remain a forbidden subject any longer.  Are there calls to discuss race relations today?  Great.  Let's have that conversation.  Let's lay everything on the table. 

That’s a ridiculously long post made in response to a simple statement about the passage of time. I’m not sure what your point was in any of that, nor do you seem to understand my point, since I really didn’t have one (even though you seemed to try to extrapolate 30 or 40). I’m not sure why some people are so defensive of the fact that these things happened in the past. 

Let me put it to you in non-black terms so that maybe you can comprehend the passage of time without your racism defenses up. John Tyler was our 10th President and was born in 1790. He has 2 living grandchildren. It’s a bit of an extreme case given he had 15 children and some were born when he was very old, but people had lots of kids at very old ages back then. If a black person was born into slavery 70 years after John Tyler was born (another whole generation) then yes, they easily could have grandchildren alive today. Because that’s how time works when something only ended 150 years ago. Understand?  I’m pointing out an interesting fact, not making a political statement that undermines your delicate view of American exceptionalism. 

Last edited on Sat May 30th, 2020 05:24 pm by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat May 30th, 2020 07:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
54th Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Coram, New York
Posts: 7771
Status: 
Offline
Now in my own town. MTA bus drivers standing tall.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/m7jed3/nyc-bus-drivers-union-refuses-to-transport-protesters-for-the-nypd



____________________
by the blood of jesus i rebuke you ,you foul mouth lying satan jesusjesus hallelujah,halleujah be gone you evil spirit

BJWINDHAM MULLIGAN
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat May 30th, 2020 08:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
55th Post
KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 1723
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote:

That’s a ridiculously long post made in response to a simple statement about the passage of time. I’m not sure what your point was in any of that, nor do you seem to understand my point, since I really didn’t have one (even though you seemed to try to extrapolate 30 or 40). I’m not sure why some people are so defensive of the fact that these things happened in the past. 

Let me put it to you in non-black terms so that maybe you can comprehend the passage of time without your racism defenses up. John Tyler was our 10th President and was born in 1790. He has 2 living grandchildren. It’s a bit of an extreme case given he had 15 children and some were born when he was very old, but people had lots of kids at very old ages back then. If a black person was born into slavery 70 years after John Tyler was born (another whole generation) then yes, they easily could have grandchildren alive today. Because that’s how time works when something only ended 150 years ago. Understand?  I’m pointing out an interesting fact, not making a political statement that undermines your delicate view of American exceptionalism.

 The bulk of what I wrote was not in response to your point about grandchildren of slaves.  And I think it was fairly clear that I understand such people are still alive.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat May 30th, 2020 08:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
56th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 53393
Status: 
Offline
KGB wrote: srossi wrote:

That’s a ridiculously long post made in response to a simple statement about the passage of time. I’m not sure what your point was in any of that, nor do you seem to understand my point, since I really didn’t have one (even though you seemed to try to extrapolate 30 or 40). I’m not sure why some people are so defensive of the fact that these things happened in the past. 

Let me put it to you in non-black terms so that maybe you can comprehend the passage of time without your racism defenses up. John Tyler was our 10th President and was born in 1790. He has 2 living grandchildren. It’s a bit of an extreme case given he had 15 children and some were born when he was very old, but people had lots of kids at very old ages back then. If a black person was born into slavery 70 years after John Tyler was born (another whole generation) then yes, they easily could have grandchildren alive today. Because that’s how time works when something only ended 150 years ago. Understand?  I’m pointing out an interesting fact, not making a political statement that undermines your delicate view of American exceptionalism.

 The bulk of what I wrote was not in response to your point about grandchildren of slaves.  And I think it was fairly clear that I understand such people are still alive.

You started your post by apparently questioning it, then followed up by seeming to take umbrage with the fact that I mentioned it at all. Like I said, the ulterior motives you seem to be assigning to my simple statement with regards to protesters are mostly in your head. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat May 30th, 2020 08:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
57th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 4673
Status: 
Online
Seeing reports that everyone arrested last night in Minnesota was from out of state.



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat May 30th, 2020 10:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
58th Post
Married Jo



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 7006
Status: 
Online
Franchise wrote: Seeing reports that everyone arrested last night in Minnesota was from out of state.https://www.fox9.com/news/jail-records-show-most-arrested-in-minneapolis-riots-have-minnesota-addresses
Don’t think that’s true..



____________________
Well, Im of the opinion that one wouldnt actually have to eat the corn out of Chynas shit to know that nothing good could come of it. - Portalesman
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat May 30th, 2020 11:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
59th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 4673
Status: 
Online
I wonder why the governor is pushing that 80% outsider number then ?



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun May 31st, 2020 12:15 am
  PM Quote Reply
60th Post
Married Jo



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 7006
Status: 
Online
Franchise wrote: I wonder why the governor is pushing that 80% outsider number then ?You know why..and now that he’s been called on it he’s walked it back..



____________________
Well, Im of the opinion that one wouldnt actually have to eat the corn out of Chynas shit to know that nothing good could come of it. - Portalesman
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 04:21 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > So Will We Be Reduced To Total Anarchy? Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems